DISCUSSION MOVIES Movies that disturbed you?

Queen Tink

♥ Crystalline Goddess ♥
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Hi guys.
I've been thinking a lot about the movie Saltburn, which was weirdly very disturbing to me and was wondering if there are any movies that really disturbed you guys. I can't even explain why Saltburn disturbed me, it was just a lot...

This is a topic that I always have a movie for that for the life of me I can't remember the name of. It was something my father was watching on TV in the early 2000's(Likely the sci-fi channel back then, but who knows.)

But the main plot was about this evil entity that could only move/attack it's victims in darkness. I was much younger back then and it dug in a little as an earworm for a long time because of the ways people were killed in dark rooms to where I spent years refusing to go from room to room without turning a light on first, even when just passing through to another room that had lights on.(I think the power companies made the movie? Not a real thought but as an adult now it would make so much sense to get people scared of the dark every few years.)

I do remember as the movie went the "enemy" got stronger and stronger where it was influencing people to break lights or cut down power lines before the final act, and I believe it took a religious turn on how it was defeated. But I was also young enough I could be combining two movies. I really wish I could remember the name of the movie to rewatch it with jaded eyes, but it for sure disturbed me as a child. And it took me SOOOOOO long after seeing it to break the habit of always needing a light on.

I really wish I could remember the name of the movie to rewatch it with jaded eyes
Have you tried asking Yahoo! or Reddit? Those are surprisingly good places to find answers.

Hm.. I've had a couple of movies that left me uncomfortable, but I don't know if any have ever really disturbed me? At least, not as an adult. I was very impressionable until my late teens and, as such, pretty much everything scared me. lol Maybe One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? Watched it in college psychology class and it left a weird taste in my mouth.

This is a topic that I always have a movie for that for the life of me I can't remember the name of. It was something my father was watching on TV in the early 2000's(Likely the sci-fi channel back then, but who knows.)

But the main plot was about this evil entity that could only move/attack it's victims in darkness. I was much younger back then and it dug in a little as an earworm for a long time because of the ways people were killed in dark rooms to where I spent years refusing to go from room to room without turning a light on first, even when just passing through to another room that had lights on.(I think the power companies made the movie? Not a real thought but as an adult now it would make so much sense to get people scared of the dark every few years.)

I do remember as the movie went the "enemy" got stronger and stronger where it was influencing people to break lights or cut down power lines before the final act, and I believe it took a religious turn on how it was defeated. But I was also young enough I could be combining two movies. I really wish I could remember the name of the movie to rewatch it with jaded eyes, but it for sure disturbed me as a child. And it took me SOOOOOO long after seeing it to break the habit of always needing a light on.
The only movie I can think of that was early 2000s and had a monster that could only attack people in the dark was Darkness Falls.
However I don't recall their being any religious tones or the creature being able to influence people to break lights, so possibly not what you're looking for 😂

Darkness Falls can kind of be summed up as an... evil tooth fairy lol Weird movie.

Anyway a movie that really disturbed me and I cannot watch ever again was The Devil's Rejects. -shudder- that gives a big "No Thanks" from me

I really wish I could remember the name of the movie to rewatch it with jaded eyes
Have you tried asking Yahoo! or Reddit? Those are surprisingly good places to find answers.

Hm.. I've had a couple of movies that left me uncomfortable, but I don't know if any have ever really disturbed me? At least, not as an adult. I was very impressionable until my late teens and, as such, pretty much everything scared me. lol Maybe One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? Watched it in college psychology class and it left a weird taste in my mouth.

I think Yahoo answers has been dead for years now lol

In recent memory, mine has been Skinamarink. It's very slow paced, but there are aspects to it that honestly induce panics and anxiety attacks for me lol.

I think it's the only film I've watched where I legit had to keep all the lights on afterward.

Oculus got to me for the way the movie handles the characters not being able to trust their own senses or memories. I thought it did a great job of playing to the ambiguity of whether the mirror is evil, or just coincidentally present.

Reactions: Luther
A movie that disturbed me as a kid was Schindler's List. It was the first R-rated movie I watched 😂 (Also The Ring because it was my first horror movie and I used to sleep with the TV on). The one that has disturbed me recently was The Platform. It's a really good movie don't get me wrong, but it was so gory, disgusting, and unsettling. I've actually had a panic attack watching it, and I was with a group of friends watching it.

But I insist it was good. Schindler's List was great too. But I haven't watched anything Horror/Thriller-related afterwards.

fun fact i just learned: saltburn is kind of a retelling of the minotaur myth from greek mythology! or at least it has some notes of the story. its kind of interesting to say the least.

but on to your question: a movie thaT's probably distirbuec me the the most is midsommer. its so- i dont even know how to describe it.

Midsommer is a true work of art really. It's bizarre and not like visually horrific but emotionally and mentally it's a ln interesting battle. The symbolism is so strong.

Midsommer is a true work of art really. It's bizarre and not like visually horrific but emotionally and mentally it's a ln interesting battle. The symbolism is so strong.
Midsommer and Hereditary definitely left me feeling incredibly uneasy. The few scenes of gore were so shocking. Sound and visuals were used so perfectly in my opinion. Ugh, yeah, those movies just got to me.

There was another movie called Dark Skies from 2013 that made me super uncomfortable too, but I think that was just because of the subject matter it touched on (aliens, alien abductions, being unable to escape from whatever it is you can't remember them doing when they take you every night).

Oh man, I watched the movie The Fourth Kind and that was a lot freakier than what I thought it was going to be. It starts out kinda slow, but the middle to the end really picks up and gets scary. It never shows the aliens or anything, but it talks about how they affect and sorta 'possess' the person. It's like a fake documentary and can get very convincing at times.

Oh man, I watched the movie The Fourth Kind and that was a lot freakier than what I thought it was going to be. It starts out kinda slow, but the middle to the end really picks up and gets scary. It never shows the aliens or anything, but it talks about how they affect and sorta 'possess' the person. It's like a fake documentary and can get very convincing at times.
Sounds like it would mess me uppppp.

Skinamarink, Goodnight Mommy, and Barbarian are a few disturbing movies that come to mind. x__x They heebied my jeebies hardcore.

Hi guys.
I've been thinking a lot about the movie Saltburn, which was weirdly very disturbing to me and was wondering if there are any movies that really disturbed you guys. I can't even explain why Saltburn disturbed me, it was just a lot...
Did it happen to be that bathroom scene by any chance? I heard about it all online so that's why I'm not watching it.

On topic. The Witch. Just the atmosphere, the antagonist speaking at the end. It was so gloomy and good but a one and done.

• Love