RESOURCE EXERCISE Morse Code Activity

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

MiharuAya

Memento Mori
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
My timezone is PST
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
Genres
Homosexual, Romance, Fantasy, Scifi, Magic, Vampire, Werewolf, Supernatural, Angels/Demons, Superhero, Zombies

1704943861960.png

Salutations!

January 11th, Write Your Name in Morse Code Day, is set aside to help preserve the history of Morse Code and its importance to society.

1704943942345.pngWhat is Morse Code?
Morse code is a method used in communicating over long distances. It involves encoded messages containing two different signal durations, called dots and dashes. Morse code is named after Samuel Morse, who was one of the early creators of the technique.

How does it work?
International Morse code encodes the 26 basic Latin letters a to z, one accented Latin letter, the Arabic numerals, and a small set of punctuation and procedural signals. There is no distinction between upper and lower case letters. The dot is the basic signal and is used to measure how long a signal lasts. A dash is 3 times as long as a dot. After each letter, there is a quiet space equal to the length of a dot, and then the signals for the next letter begin. At the end of the word, the space silence is equal to the length of seven dots.

Why learn it?
Morse code is an efficient way to communicate about emergency situations since you can send such messages via ham radio transmitters with little power and less bandwidth than other standard voice communication tools. However, because it is no longer a requirement for the Ham Radio operator's license, the possibility exists that Morse Code will soon become an obsolete method of communication.

Today's activity is to write your name in Morse Code. It is, after all, called Write Your Name In Morse Code Day!

Last edited:
Reactions: kroyote
_._ ._. ___ _.__ ___ _ .

(i have no clue if i did this right lmao)

• Love
Reactions: MiharuAya
·--- ·- -- ·· ·

• Love
-- --- -. -... --- -.

• Love
..-..-…-..-..-.

I think I got it

• Love
.-. --- -. .- -. .-- .- .-. .-. . -.
Here's to hoping this is somewhat accurate.

_._ ._. ._ ..._ . .. _. __. ..._ ___ ._.. _._ .._.

And now to see if the site hates the spaces
Edit: It does, yay so here it is with technically improper spacing