Let's hear your funny stories of when you got your wisdom teeth out!

kroyote

a power bottom at rock bottom
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Just this past Friday, I got my wisdom teeth out and ngl, I was kinda nervous 'cause I already have a lot of health issue, but in the end I was very much okay.

Literally one of the nurses said "I'm gonna give you sleepy medicine and it should work pretty quickly!"
Then a nurse behind me said she was turning the lights off and I was OUT. Next thing I know they're waking me up, telling me I'm done, and I started crying.
Also, when I got home, I started crying again 'cause my bottom lip felt so swollen and it was so numb that I couldn't drink any water.

Most notably I went out later that day to hang out with some friends! I am not in as much pain as I thought I'd be in

What are some funny things about your wisdom tooth removal or surgeries you wanna tell?

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
Not wisdom teeth, but I did once have to get a colonoscopy and I was really nervous thanks to a certain family member telling me horror stories that happened to other people. The nurse put me in a shared prep room with another patient (he was maybe a few years older than me); we were both there to wait for our IVs for the same procedure.

Well, we had the nurses (and each other) laughing at our stupid butt themed jokes. It was a great way to defuse a stressful situation and made the experience better.

Thanks to you, random dude, for being in good spirits and bringing the good humor.

PS: when I came out of anesthesia, I called the nurse "Mom" and asked her if I'd missed the bus (to school). I was in my early twenties xD

Not wisdom teeth, but I did once have to get a colonoscopy and I was really nervous thanks to a certain family member telling me horror stories that happened to other people. The nurse put me in a shared prep room with another patient (he was maybe a few years older than me); we were both there to wait for our IVs for the same procedure.

Well, we had the nurses (and each other) laughing at our stupid butt themed jokes. It was a great way to defuse a stressful situation and made the experience better.

Thanks to you, random dude, for being in good spirits and bringing the good humor.

PS: when I came out of anesthesia, I called the nurse "Mom" and asked her if I'd missed the bus (to school). I was in my early twenties xD
It's so awesome that you at least had some guy, even if he was a stranger, to help ease your nerves!

I got mine out a couple years ago.

The lady treating me told me to count to ten because that was how long it'd take to put me under. I counted.

1... 2...

And then I woke up, trying to say 3, but my mouth was full of gauze. Crazy LMAO

My wisdom teeth are wise enough to not exist (or not cause problems?).

man am i jealous. sadly mine were causing me a lot of issues (mainly the bottoms i think)

I mean, not really that funny. I was stationed in Ft. Gordon and I was doing my AIT and I had to get them removed. When they went in, apparently, I had wisdom teeth BEHIND my wisdom teeth, so they ended up pulling 8 teeth that day.
After that, though, I HAD to go to class all super fucked up on the drugs (rules are dumb, if you miss more than 48 consecutive hours of class, you fail the course and get kicked out,) and my instructors thought it was hilarious. We ended up spending the next 4 hours watching airborne jump video fails (because I wanted to go airborne SO badly.)

Then a girl in my barracks broke into a bunch of people's rooms and stole all of our medication. So that was fun.

The Army is a weird thing. Not going to lie.

@XIII The Army sounds wild as fuck. I have a friend that was in the Army and he tells us the craziest shit

• Love
Reactions: XIII
@coyote. Ive got stories for DAAAAYYYYZZZZ about the wildness that is the army. I knew a guy who got his whole hand electrocuted because he was a dumbass the wore a metal wedding ring in our equipment, and another girl who had her finger degloved because of a similar type of instance.

• Haha
Reactions: kroyote
@coyote. The army is basically "hey, don't feed the bear." And we were the idiots who fed the bear. Or maybe we were the bear. Idk.

• Haha
Reactions: kroyote
@XIII at least y'all didn't eat crayons

• Haha
Reactions: XIII