3. One post per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Action, Adventure
The tall woman stood before the guild, arms crossed over her broad chest. She stood at least a head above everyone else, gazing down her nose at their bewildered and bothered expressions. "Give me ownership over this guild. It's quite clear that no one here wants it" Her commanding tone rubbed some of the members the wrong way. Her statement wasn't entirely incorrect though. It had been two weeks since Father Donovan had passed but no one had stepped forward to take his place. It didn't feel right to any of them and it wasn't like he put it in his will.
"What makes you think we'll just hand it over, huh?" The silence was broken by a rather pissed Roldo, shoulders square and chest puffed out ever so slightly. He wanted this stranger gone, and soon. "At least give us a good reason, Lady. I mean, what could you possibly want with a run down guild like this?" Mused Bela, sitting atop one of the round tables with one leg crossed over the other.
No one actually knew what was going on. This mystery woman had shown up only a few minutes prior, giving her name before demanding she take over as guild master.
"As a descendant of a founding member, I'd like to run the guild. Does that answer your question?" Estro said, looking across at everyone. Not all the members were present. Lanas was off playing with some other kids and as usual and Soleil was off on another quest. "Not really. I mean, you'd probably be better off just starting a new guild. This one's pretty screwed" Sebal piped up. It hurt to say, but it was true. Their guild had only stayed afloat so far because of Father Donovan but now that he was gone, they were only a step away from disbanding.
"If that's your mentality, then why even bother talking with you all. I'll just take over the guild, with or without your permission" Estro sighed, taking a few steps forward. The more flighty members tensed, obviously itching to give the woman a taste of their magic.

Anouk sat in the back of the group, listening intently. Her fingers twisted the violet piece of fabric through her fingers, the edges ragged from the years she had done this. Her white side cut fell in front of her face, covering her ice blue eyes. She had earned the name 'Snow Queen' for more than just her looks, but she didn't feel cold now. She was burning up. This guild was her home, and while they needed a leader, the rest of her family was getting cold feet.

Anouk blew a kiss towards the crowd of people that had become somewhat like her family over the last few years. A slight chill with snow flakes passed through the crowd, chilling some of the more scantily dressed of the crowd. "Why don't you all cool down for a moment," she said loud enough to carry over the group. "We don't have any other ideas about who should run the guild, since no one else really wants to try and step into Pops' shoes. If she's shitty, we just leave. Unless the rest of you wants our little family to be scattered in a blizzard."

She stood from where she was perched on a barrel and smirked. "We aren't the best, nor the brightest but we can still fuck some shit up, can't we?"

Estro was thinking she might have to demonstrate a little bit of her power but luckily, one of the members decided to speak in favor of her demand. "Are you really okay with this, Anouk?" Korsan spoke, arms crossed over his chest. He was often the voice of reason, level headed and calm. He had yet to speak out against the demands of the strange woman, merely observing. "Simply leaving the guild will not fix the problem. You're a younger member so you may not feel the same way as some of us" Jimo added. The pair had been the two most likely candidates for taking over the guild so it made sense they were the most calm about this, simply wanting the best for the guild and its members.

"If I may speak, I think this woman may actually have the right to the guild master position" a soft voice came from the front door, a head of a short blond hair popping out from behind Estro. Nethi had only run out for about ten minutes to grab a few things from the market but she'd gotten the gist of what was going on from what little she had heard. Estro glance behind her at the smaller woman who stepped out, making her way towards the stairs. "Wh- you can't be serious, Nethi! How come we've never heard anything about her then?" Bela questioned. That was something everyone wanted to know. "Ah, I can't really explain it since I don't know all the details, but I remember seeing something in Father Donovan's office" she said, seeming unsure of it herself. Estro followed her though as she was led up to the second level of the hall where a few rooms and Donovan's old office was. Before anyone else could ask more questions, they disappeared into the office.

"Seriously, Anouk. Why did you just give into her so easily?" Roldo grumbled, Sebal and Bela also looking to their guildmate. They did feel a little betrayed, but the older members could understand what Anouk had said and meant.

Anouk tilted her head to the side, sliding the fabric into her pocket. "I'm willing to try and see if she will work, yes. Am I okay with the fact Pops is gone and we need to even do this? No. I've lost enough family and I don't want to lose any more," she explained, crossing her arms. "While leaving the guild wouldn't solve the problem, it is one of the easiest solutions. If we are all willing, kicking her out could also work.

When Nethi entered, Anouk turned her attention to her and tilted her head to the side. Did she actually believe that there was a link, somewhat. It's not like everyone keeps track of all of their children, esspecially with guild members who leave for long periods of time to go on quests. She was sure most of the other guilds has some bastard children out there. This was no different.

The sense of betrayal from the guild as some turned their attention back to her made Anouk bristle. Snow flakes dripped from her fingers slowly and she put her hands on her hips. "Because going around in circles wasn't getting us anywhere. Why are you so obstinante about giving her a chance? We aren't a big guild, which has never been an issue until it started getting to the point where we can't pay most of our bills without working in town as well. I want better for us."