DISCUSSION RANDOM How often do you complain?

Manna Beast

I don't trust trees. They're shady.
Original poster
BOGGIEST GREMLIN
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
All day, every day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
-Fantasy with means of magic and sword based feelings, i do prefer a bit of romance in stories
-Modern with again a fantasy feel
-Cut in anything with a bit of Romance and I can give it a try.
Since I am off work for reason for this week, my brain is active. And today while listening to my mother and a few other people, I've noticed just how darn complain-y they are. Like first world problems too, when in actuality things are pretty darn good. Not perfect, but good. I actually asked my mother if she realizes that in her entire conversation, she didn't have one good or nice thing to say. She sort of paused and then said she wasn't that bad.

Meaning she doesn't realize her little nitpicks are all she does, or the fact that she appears to be the common denominator in these situations. So now I ask outwards, in your honest truthful reply; What is your complain-ability level. Do you barely have anything good to say or not.

Everyone get's cranky and moody, but I do try to stay positive even in crappy situations. I've got it pretty good, but I do notice a lot of whinging when in actuality, is it that bad? We need more positivity in this world, truly!

I try to have a good balance of complaining and being positive it really depends on the person I'm talking with. Cause there's lots of people I don't feel comfortable complaining around. I had a high school ex friend tell me I was ruining his day when I complained, when I was talking about serious abuse and ever since then I've had anxiety about complaining at all because I'm worried it's annoying.

But that just led to me be bottled up and eventually those little things or things people think aren't a big deal just combine and snowball until it's overwhelming. So I think it's important to be allowed to vent or complain occasionally as it's good to get it out. As long as the person you vent to is also allowed to vent to you and also you don't ONLY vent, gotta have some fun in there.

After being told to be positive all the time it can...have the opposite effect I noticed. And what's not that bad to pen person might be the worst thing ever to another person. It might be something small that just combined with a bunch of other small stuff finally made them crack. Sometimes you just need to be upset about something, whether by journaling or venting to someone. With each friend I have I try to figure out what works to help them when they're venting. Some friends kind of want some help seeing the silver lining or getting their mind off it. But others just want to vent and I've let them know like yo send a whole paragraph if you need to and even if I just respond with a small reply I've still read it all and I'm glad I'm able to help them get some of that frustration off their chest.

I definitely have things that I must complain about! I can get whiny and pissy and just seriously need to vent to someone and let off that steam. It feels good to let off steam to someone that'll listen and understand and it helps make me feel better. And, in turn, I welcome all my friends to vent at me in return if it helps them feel better! I can't always know the right words to help, but hell it can mean so much just having someone that can listen, right?
Like I never expect anyone to have the answers or have much to say other than a hugging emote... and that is fine. Even just an emote in response means that absolute WORLD to me because they were there and listened 💗

Though, I always do try to keep my complaining at a minimum. If it's something that's either really bothering me and I need a shoulder to cry on... or if it's a story that's more funny than seriously annoying, those are the ones I share.
I try not to complain about the same damned topic over and over and over and beat that dead horse and I try hard not to find something new to complain about every single day. It can get exhausting hearing people complain, and I would never want to exhaust my friends!

I try to find a positive outlook first if there is one!

I complain about my aches and pains A LOT XD and fuss about being tired.

Outside of that I dont bitch very often about life's troubles anymore. I used to way too much O_O In fairness I was in a bad situation and eyeball deep in depression... but I was in a really bad self destructive spiral that was making me worse rather than helping. Eventually I learned how to channel that energy into doing constructive things instead of sitting in my bad feelings.

I am selective about there where, when, and who I do my venting to. Cause venting is a really helpful and important thing for your mental health! But it's also something you have to do in the right time and place, as well as be self aware that you're not creating a toxic bubble for yourself.

I don't like to complain, and I feel bad complaining because all I've been taught all my life is "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit". The only times I complain are in open spaces when my family isn't around. I complain about corrupted or really just messed up systems and sometimes me tripping on my own foot five times in a row lol

I tend to complain a *lot*, but for me it's more of a social ritual than actual suffering, I think? I mostly complain about insignificant issues in a comical register when talking to my friends. I do actual venting very rarely though, since I'm the one who gives advice to the majority of my social circle, and unfortunately it doesn't go the other way round.

I feel like an annoyance when I complain, so I don't. xD But also I do my best to find the positives or the humor in every situation. It helps keep me going.

• Flowers
Reactions: Lyrikai
Constantly! :3

But.. well.. not sure how much you know about Germany and Germans.. but it is like a "Folk sport" around here to complain about anything and even minor, unimportant things. I believe it is the German version of small talk

=> So like talking about weather is small talk, but the German twist would be not noticing "Oh, it is sunny today, that's nice", but "Oh no.. it is so warm again, I am already sweating/have to water the plants/have glare on my PC screen" :D

Of course those socialized in Germany/around Germans or long enough around Germans will notice to difference between this "small talk complains" and "serious complains"

my answer is Y E S .
red does it all the time, alongside blue. they direct it to different targets tho...

I do complain quite a bit. But I also like to talk about exciting and good things so I guess it evens out? Haha

All. The. Time.

Idk, complaining for me is like venting the negative feelings attached rather than trying to wallow in my misery. I feel like once I've grumbled about something, I can better tackle the issue. I am a BIG EMOTIONS kind of person and bottling said emotions up and not dealing with them as they form is a big mistake for me. So yeah, I need to grumble a little so I don't blow my top later (it's usually over something so dumb too oml).

I do try to be aware of how much I complain to/around others though because experience has taught me that a constantly negative person can be very mentally draining on those around them.

All. The. Time.

Idk, complaining for me is like venting the negative feelings attached rather than trying to wallow in my misery. I feel like once I've grumbled about something, I can better tackle the issue. I am a BIG EMOTIONS kind of person and bottling said emotions up and not dealing with them as they form is a big mistake for me. So yeah, I need to grumble a little so I don't blow my top later (it's usually over something so dumb too oml).

I do try to be aware of how much I complain to/around others though because experience has taught me that a constantly negative person can be very mentally draining on those around them.
Oh I can totally get that!