How Do You Sleep?

RiverNotch

any pronouns
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
I woke up late for my morning class today, so that's the sort of thing I've thought to post about for topic #7....especially because the last two stabs at this have gone the way of the archive xD. Well, Wolfspear's post seems to have been about sleep disorders, while Dusk's post was about sleeping conditions: me, what I most fixate on is sleeping times, especially with how tightly modernity tries to synchronize everything. So what time do you normally sleep? And for how long? Does length and time affect how good or bad you feel when waking up? Indeed, what tends to be your mood after a good (and bad) night's sleep? Or day's sleep, if you're that sort of person xD

When I first joined this site, my sleep schedule was super wonky, and I figure that contributed to me being kinda nasty sometimes. C'est l'adolescence, I suppose, and my sleep schedule has since (somewhat) normalized. I typically sleep at 11 PM to 1 AM and wake up at 9 to 11. I'm still emotionally unstable when I haven't had enough sleep, but caffeine tends to fix that. Of course, Sundays and certain weekdays I have to wake up at 5, and my body apparently doesn't like to sleep much earlier than 10, so I often end up waking up at 11 AM to 1 PM on the day after. Earlier this year I believe I had roughly normalized my sleeping and waking times to a bit earlier -- 9-12 and 7-10, respectively -- so if my morning class was something I actually looked forward to I'm sure I could re-normalize this way. I'll definitely need to do so for a birdwatching project coming soon....​