How do you listen to music?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Ardent

your blood on my teeth
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Do you use a streaming service, like Spotify/YouTube Premium/Apple Music or maybe something else? If so, which one do you recommend? I know Apple provides the option to listen to lossless audio, but tbh I can't hear a difference no matter how hard I try.

Or maybe you prefer the old school way of listening to CDs or tapes or vinyl records. If so, which one do you prefer, and is there any particular reason why?

i like them on youtube since there is a visual effect to it. I really enjoy watching music videos and see how much symbolism there is in the videos

I used to rip all my CDs or download the mp3s and just have everything on my computer. But these days I just end up listening to youtube playlists cause I often make them with intent to share for Roleplays and stuff like that 🤔

I do have a spotify account, I just never use it cause I don't like the ads. 😂 With youtube I have adblock.

Reactions: jarek56
I use Spotify Premium. I hate paying for it and I don't like Spotify particularly, but it gives me what I need, which is constant flows of music every day. (It's essential to many aspects of my mental health. I always have music going for one reason or another.)

Other than that, I'll use YouTubes sometimes. They have music vidyas I wanna look at or they might have songs that Spotify doesn't have access to.

I use my ears, you yoo-hoo. How the heck do you all do it?!

• Haha
Reactions: rissa and Fluffy
I use youtube mostly and pay for premium because my family cannot be bothered with ads. Like literally, they made cancel other subscriptions to pay for youtube's. So i just get my music from there.

I suppose I'm rather old fashioned with my little mp3 player that I carry around with me any time I go somewhere.
Over the course of many many many years, I've just.... collected music somehow. From CDs my sister owned that I put on computers at some point, folders of music given to me by my dad, my mom, my friend... my friend's dad, or music I've just downloaded myself, I have an external hardrive somewhere that has over 230GB of music from pretty much every genre imaginable!
Some of it I've never even listened to! There's just so much music

But! It's a nice variety! There's always something new, and I'm always still adding to it when I discover an artist I like! :D

I use my ears, you yoo-hoo. How the heck do you all do it?!

Dangit, now I feel the need to confess...
I listen to music by opening my mouth :yell: and eating it. :bigmouth:

• Haha
Reactions: rissa
spotify premium and youtube mostly!

YouTube and Apple Music, I have a family plan for Apple, and YouTube is for music that Apple Music doesn't have

spotify premium and youtube mostly!
^ this

As someone who likes to make playlists from time to time and LOVES to listen to whole albums, actually going premium for Spotify is value for money for me, especially for those artists -- let's say Selo i Ludy or Khaira Arby? -- that are really hard to find, out there in The P....in the seven seas. Of course, Spotify is a bit cun....awful when it comes to certain business decisions, and since a lot of my old downloads are just plain gone at this point, I have to go to Youtube to listen to, say, Joanna Newsom or Joni Mitchell. I really wish it were more affordable to buy the albums themselves, than pay a subscription to Spotify, but there it is.

Spotify Premium, YouTube, wherever else I have to go to find what I want to listen to -- in that order. I'm really lucky I get to bum off of someone's Spotify Premium. I'm not sure I could handle the ads anymore.

Mostly spotify premium since I pay for the family plan, for my kid, husband and sister to use. And ive got like 1500 songs on one list cause i cant be bothered to separate. I had to pay for it cause i couldnt stand the ads!

Spotify and Deezer are my go-to apps but I find most of my music on tiktok lol

I still use desktop music programs. And Youtube. I don't really listen to music when travelling but when I do, Youtube or one of the mobile player apps (for my music library) is the way I go.

Steam's music player also isn't actually that bad, convenient for all the video game soundtracks I have on there!

i use spotify a lot, but my partner and i share the same spotify account, so sometimes i'll also find random playlist on youtube and use that!