Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
fantasy, romance, action, sci-fi
Florence, the City of Lillies, the cradle of the Renaissance. A beautiful city in the region of Tuscany with a rich history. Florence not only houses some of the most iconic pieces of Renaissance art, it is also home to three very powerful families. The Albizzi, the Medici, and the Pazzi.

The Medici are the most well known of the three, having secured their name in history during the Renaissance. The Albizzi have always been the bitter rivals of the Medici, while the Pazzi have been hesitant allies to both families. Nowadays, the power their name holds isn't bound by blood. Sure, the head of the family has some lineage tracing back to the Renaissance, but those who gain their trust are welcomed into the family with open arms.

The three giants of Florence made their names during the Renaissance, nowadays you can't get coffee without one of the families profiting from it. Each family wants what the other has, and they'll do anything to get it. They don't play just play game of thrones, they invented it. For generations, they have plotted and assassinated each other, nearly killing off the lines at one point or another. Today, it's no different.

Three days ago the late Lord Giovanni Medici was found murdered in his bathtub. His heir has been raised to position of Lord and is out for blood. hell bent on a quest for vengeance, blame is being thrown in every direction; throwing florence on the edge of, what is essentially, a gang war. No one is safe, not anymore.

i. this thread is moderate to advanced and not new player friendly!
ii. please consider diversity and complexity in your character's creation!
iii. please be able to post at least 750 words per post and the ability to advance a plot.
iv. you must have a faceclaim!
v. most important: please only join if you are committed.
vi. i retain any right to deny your form!
vii. one character only please! additional roles can be added, but i'd prefer to keep this fairly small.
vii. if you actually read this, please include "Memento mori" in your form.
ix. there is a discord server! when you are accepted, you will get access.
xi. these threads can deal with mature themes that some people will find uncomfortable. this is just a fact. if it's a topic you think you could be uncomfortable with, sadly, don't join.
xii. i run my threads like a business. i don't bring personal things into these.
xiii. you must fill the provided form.
xiv. this thread thrives off of in character drama. if this should become ooc drama both parties will be asked to leave.
xvi. should something make you uncomfortable in this CHAT THREAD or ROLEPLAY please talk to me and i will contact the parties involved privately and maintaining your anonymity.
THE LORD/LADY - the head of the family. The Lord is the most respected and feared member. They make all the important decisions but rarely discuss business with anyone below their Heir, and even then it's never the full story.
albizzi: (0/1)
medici: (1/1)
pazzi: (0/1)

THE HEIR - traditionally, the eldest child of the Lord/Lady. most often, it's someone younger that the lord/lady trusts to take things over when they retire, or meet an untimely end. They receive direct orders from their lord/lady until they take their position. They control the family on a day to day basis, focusing mainly with the big picture.
albizzi: (1/1)
pazzi: (1/1)

THE SECOND - sibling or trusted friend to the Scholar and the Heir. The Second serves as the second-in-command to the Heir. They are ready to step in for the Heir if needed at any given moment. Typically groomed to eventually take over the family should anything happen to the Heir.

THE SCHOLAR - is the chief advisor. The Scholar is often heavily educated due to the fact that they play a very important part in the family. They have more hands-on experience and ph.d's than bruce banner. no decision is made without their input. They are meant to be unbiased and not supposed to factor emotional concerns into decisions.
medici: (0/1)

THE MANAGER - They are the captain or lieutenant of a certain area of business. They head a crew of soldiers and answer to those higher up. They handle much of the money and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.
medici: (0/1)
pazzi: (0/1)[/B]
Code:
[spoiler="CHARACTER NAME HERE"][div="background: transparent; border: none; width: 400px; height: auto; margin: auto; font-family: arial; font-size: 7pt; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px;"]
[b]basics.[/b]
[i]full name:
nickname:
family:[/i]
    [i]role:

[i]pronouns:[/i]
    [i]sexuality:
birth date:
zodiac sign:[/i]

[b]appearance.[/b]
[i][can be written out -- is optional][/i]
    [i]images:[/i] [url=LINK HERE]i.[/url] [url=LINK HERE]ii.[/url] [url=LINK HERE]iii.[/url]
    [i]body/tats/mods:[/i]
    [i]height:[/i]
    [i]weight:[/i]
    [i]body type:[/i]
    [i]fc:[/i] is REQUIRED

[b]personality.[/b]
[i]list traits or a paragraph, whatever floats your boat.[/i]

[b]headcanons.[/b]
-
-
-
- [i]add as many as you want[/i]

[/div][/spoiler]

Last edited:

basics.
full name: Lucina Medici.
nickname: Luc is the most common, but Luci and Ina aren't unheard of.
family: Medici.
role: Lord.

pronouns: Feminine, she/her.
sexuality: Panromantic Pansexual.
birth date: December 27th.
zodiac sign: Sagittarius.

appearance.
body/tats/mods: She has a tattoo on her left arm.
height: 5'04"
weight: 105 lbs.
body type: slender, ectomorph.
fc: park sora.

personality.
Lucina has a tendency to be extremely arrogant. She knows exactly how good at her job she is and she's not afraid to flaunt it. When she lets her arrogance take control she becomes very brash, selfish and boisterous. Typically her behavior is rather dark with an air of mystery and swagger surrounding her. When you're a Medici, it's hard to remain humble. Though she manages. She handles things with a certain level of casualness, courteousness and grace that is as savage and beautiful as lightning.

The casual and cruel grace is an odd mask Luc had formed for herself years ago. Beneath it is a truly humble and compassionate person. Beneath that careless and cruel shell, she truly does care about certain things. She will do absolutely anything and sacrifice absolutely anything to keep those she cares about safe and unharmed. Due to the lengthy amount of time she spent with white-collar criminals and the arrogant upper class, she's become an expert at manipulation, deception and lies. She's able to hide her emotions flawlessly and influence the emotions of others as easily as breathing. Luc is never someone to step aside and let others fight for her. So long as she has breath in her lungs, she will always fight when called to.

headcanons.
- adopted into this family and still isn't sure how she feels about it.
- can't see distance, refuses to wear glasses or contacts.
- she can't stand the smell of fish.
- should never be let near a kitchen.
- once filled a fountain with bubble bath and flooded the courtyard.
- has really violent sneezes.
- like crazy bad, she once slammed her head against a desk and gave herself a nose bleed.
- talks to animals and inanimate objects like they're people.
- tries to avoid talking to people, though.
- can knit really well. will never, ever tell anyone she can.
- memento mori.

Last edited:
sure thing!

Reactions: Justin
heya, track babe !!

Have them up hopefully tomorrow^^

basics.
full name: pietro pazzi
nickname: 'porcelain', it's more a tease if anything.
family: the pazzi family
role: heir to the pazzi family

pronouns: he/him/his
sexuality: very queer
birth date: march 10
zodiac sign: pisces

appearance.
body/tats/mods: has his left earlobe pierced and really wants to get a tattoo.
height: 5'8"
weight: 140lbs
body type: ectomorphic
fc: michael sheen

personality.
Pietro often seems easygoing, but he sometimes shows a side that you cannot let your guard down around.

He is a cunning man and not above using dirty tactics when it comes to making deicisons. Pietro does so out of true care for his family and friends as he would rather his allies be alive through shady ploys than dead by sticking to a higher sense of morals. He tries his best to be always outwardly polite and even if he is frustrated, he often phrases his annoyance as calmly as possible. Pietro is rarely seen as anything other than permanently cheerful, often to the annoyance of those around him. Despite how kind this heir can be to his peers, he can be very bossy and greedy when he is at his worst. If he knows something of his is about to be taken away, he will attempt to intimidate and glower at those who threaten him. This greediness also spreads to his friends, never wanting to lose them to others. Thus, he sees his family as traitors if they are seen consorting with his enemies. It's never anything serious since he makes it out to be a game most of the time.

He outwardly shows off his cheerful self rather than his self conscious self in order to seem strong. He's always known that somebody would be better suited as an heir and as such has attempted to change himself. But alas, none of these attempts have worked because he just didn't feel comfortable. Pietro likes to rely on his close colleagues for guidance, always wanting a second opinion if possible.

headcanons.
- a darling boy
- speaks with one of the most flamboyant personalities out there
- smiles for days but it hides a lot
- wears so many damn rings
- furs and silk!
- will straighten his hair to seem darker and edgier
- worried about his family once he becomes lord
- wants to host parties
- everybody is far too serious sometimes.
- 'xoxo... Gossip girl'
- hates seafood.
- his outfits are coordinated for every event.

momento mori

Last edited by a moderator:

basics.
full name: nicoli emilio adrione medici
nickname: close to everyone calls him nico instead of nicoli and he's only ever called his full first name when he's in trouble or being addressed professionally
family: medici
role: previously the second, but after the lord's passing and luc's ascension to lady, he has risen to heir

pronouns: masculine or he/him/his
sexuality: bisexual
birth date: july 30th
zodiac sign: leo

appearance.
body/tats/mods: he has a tattoo running horizontally across his upper left forearm that are the roman numerals for when luc was adopted into the medici family
height: he claims he's 6 feet but he's probably more like 5 ft 11 in
weight: roughly 150 pounds
body type: mesomorph
faceclaim: darin blaine wilkens

personality.
on the surface nico acts as if he loves the company around him. he seldom complains and is one of the most thorough and effective workers among employees. there is a touch of arrogance in the finer layer of nico's personality that often shines through when he's feeling particularly overwhelmed or irritated. otherwise he strives to be kind with everyone and stay on most people's good sides, as he is no less strategic and cunning than his sister and boss luc.

the side of nico that only fellow medici family members or workers see is the bossy and highly demanding side of him. he is ambitious to a fault and often wants more from people than they're able to offer. he works to give others the best they can get so they can - in turn - improve himself and his business. most everything revolves around nico benefiting from it and he'll hardly help if he doesn't get something out of it. nico is an easy person to be around during off hours, often enjoying lazy or easy-going activities and taking on a less dogmatic and high maintenance persona to be more genuine and warm.

headcanons.
- trust issues
- good at hiding his true intentions/feelings
- a terrible cook, he can't even wash the dishes without making a mess
- sentimental
- jumps at all the scares in horror/thriller movies
- convinced the moon landing was faked
- has the weirdest music taste
- lighthearted punches/slaps when teased
- good work ethic
- tries to get along with everyone on surface level
- sleeps on his side and cuddles a pillow
- insomniac
- knows several forms of mixed martial arts
- loves pasta with his whole heart
- color codes his closet
- low pain tolerance
- borderline anemic lol
- "mama didn't raise no pussy"
- 20/20 vision aka mr eagle eyes
- doesn't believe birds are real "the birds work for the bourgeoisie"
- loves conspiracy theories
- collected cool rocks and bottle caps as a kid
- allergic to cats, dogs, and most other animals
- never sunburns
- memento mori

Last edited by a moderator:

basics.
full name: gabriel albizzi
nickname: gabe or brie
family: albizzi
role: heir

pronouns: masculine (he/him)
sexuality: pansexual
birth date: september 14th
zodiac sign: virgo

appearance.
body/tats/mods: has both ears pierced and also has this tattoo on his hip
height: 5'10"
weight: 124 lbs.
fc: park jinyoung

personality.
kind, loyal, indecisive, a bit of a push over, pouty, passionate, loves with all his heart, motherly, dumb, shy, timid, oblivious

headcanons.
- soft-spoken
- probably the easiest going dude you'll ever meet
- the smile of an angel
- the tattoo on his hip was from a bet between him and his friend
- he lost that bet
- doesn't hate the tattoo tho since it's cute just the place where it's located
- possessive af
- what's his is his
- gets jealous easily
- sad boy hours™
- please give him a hug
- bit of a yandere
- without the total psychotic bit tho
- memento mori
- has a laugh that sounds like a soft wind chime
- just a super gentle laugh
- easily flustered
- a bratty bottom
- loves getting gifts from people? like doesn't have to be super expensive or anything tho
- cats > dogs
- gentle boy who wants some peace
- could sleep through a war
- cuddling is his biggest turn on
- weak af to having his hair played with

basics.
full name: teodoro cervini
nickname: commonly teo, occasionally teddy or ted
family: medici
role: the second

pronouns: he/him
birth date: august 22
zodiac sign: leo

appearance.
body/tats/mods: a small lily tattoo on his ankle
height: 183cm
weight: 67kg
fc: seo kangjoon

personality.
accepting, charming, gentle, honest, impulsive, loyal, non-confrontational, oblivious, organised, patient, playful, stubborn, supportive, warm-hearted

headcanons.
- childhood best friends with nico
- recently brought into the family after the lord's death
- really hates the rivalry between the families
- just wants everyone to be civil and not start wars
- always puts other people before himself
- tends to repress his own feelings
- likes collecting rings, and wearing them
- is a great cook, helped his mum in the kitchen a lot
- actually a fan of seafood
- model-like body proportions
- has no strength whatsoever though, he's weak
- loose button downs, sleeves rolled up
- surprisingly good at horse riding
- good at befriending animals, tame or wild
- might look kinda cold or intimidating at first
- but he's really just quiet and reserved
- and warms up to people quite quickly
- (that's when he starts to get insufferable)
- messes around a lot, but can be serious if he needs to be
- the driest puns and dad jokes ever
- has the warmest laugh, like sun rays if they were a sound
- speaking voice is pretty but singing voice is... terrible
- good at taking care of the people around him
- surprisingly really good with children
- stumbles over his own feet, what the heck
- really likes the outdoors
- has knowledge of random plants
- also is a bookworm and reads a lot
- loves fantasy novels so much. and romance
- memento mori

Last edited:
We still need a few more roles filled before I make the roleplay thread!

Is this game set in an alternate-history modern Florence that still has Lords and Ladies and over-the-top masquerade balls, but the Families fight it out with guns instead of rapiers? I'm considering creating a Scholar character, but am not sure if they should be expert in Alchemy and proto-Steampunk Da Vinci tech, or genetics, robotics and the like (since some of the character bios mention things like contact lenses and movies).

This thread takes place in modern Florence. The closest thing to a fantasy element would be the fact that none of these families died out. These families are not nobility in a feudal setting, though they are filthy rich. As stated in the spoiler marked "roles", the lord position is the head of the household. It is a title like "boss" or "capo" awarded to the person who leads the family.

basics.
full name: giordanna mirielis medici
nickname: gia, miri
family:
medici
role: scholar

pronouns: she, her, hers
birth date: august 31
zodiac sign:
virgo

appearance.
body/tats/mods: left leg amputated below the knee. has a bespoke prosthetic leg for every occasion. most of these are robotic, and often contain other features, like a wifi hotspot and flash memory for a wearable-computer 'bodynet.' pierced ears.
height: 6' 0"
weight: 141 lbs
fc: viktoria modesta

personality.
giordanna is extremely intelligent, with a wide range of interests; a true renaissance woman. she is equally at home with a 15th century alchemical text from the family's library as she is with coding machine-learning algorithms for an a.i.; mystic and scientist in one. at work, she has a cool and logical air, but not like a vulcan, no. more like a romulan. she can hold a grudge like nobody's business, and can calculate the perfect xanatos gambit to make sure any wrong against her or her family gets avenged. she's either passionate about something, or it's beneath her notice. she wants to enhance her capabilities in whatever ways she can, and do likewise for others. she is committed to making the world a better place through the integration of technology and esoteric spirituality. has a room-filling charisma. when she's not at work, her almost manic passion for life and flashy self-expression can sometimes get on people's nerves.

headcanons.
- has presented at TED, Singularity University, and other prominent tech or motivational forums
- has been called the next elon musk
- "nope! i'm the first giordanna medici"
- always wears over-the-top high fashion with a futuristic flare
- risk taker
- trouble maker
- microdoses psychedelics to enhance creativity and flow
- takes heroic doses as part of her spiritual practice. shhh, don't tell anyone.
- has a secret high-tech alchemy lab and knows how to use it
- BOOYAH!
- loves swords
- practices kenjutsu and historical european martial arts
- committed transhumanist
- want to be a billionaire? help a billion people
- homesick for the future
- flaunts her physicality
- runs a charity that gives robot prostheses to the poor
- has a replica of giordano bruno's statue on display at her workplace
- turn that rave music up louder, would you?
- memento mori
- was an anarchist punk as a teenager
- daddy did not approve

Last edited: