Create a Character Challenge #77

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
K

Kitti

Original poster
This challenge is one about making characters based on the setting that they're destined for and also just a fun romp with one of the most creative aspects of roleplaying: character making. Based on the image posted, my challenge is for you to create a character for that setting and post it here!
This week's image:
804_large.jpg
Feel free to utilize this character sheet or create your own:
Name:
Species:
Family:
Personality:
History:
Current Goal/Purpose:
Appearance:

Name: Peter

Species: Human

Family: My family has been split by this war. I sometimes see my brother or run into my mother, but its not like humans care for things such as family values any more. Not while this war rages on.

Personality: I am a half glass full kinda guy. I crack jokes at the most awkward or wrong moment. I hate small talk because I'm awkward, and to be honest i don't give shit how you got lucky last night, or that you think you ration was skimmed.

History: Well whats to tell i was born into this war and i will be dead when and if we can finish this war. I did grow up in our science department, thanks to my dad. That's why I am the head of Engineering to take down the enemy. It doesn't mean i got out of the front lines i still did my time. I mean how am i supposed to help create better weapons to kill if i didn't kill with the ones we already have. Those combat missions did weed out the competition anyways. I have one very close friend that i work with on daily basis we have been together for as long as i can remember he has saved my life multiple times, and i have returned the favor.

Goal/purpose: My goal is to build new technology to destroy our enemy for good i am currently working on a type of sound emitter that can disable there weapons. I've almost got myself killed a couple of times trying to use prototypes. I will never give up my purpose cause this is all i know.

Appearance: Well i think this is awkward, but i will describe myself. I have brown hair that i keep on a low low fade but shaggy on the top i cant be to formal it doesn't fit my personality. I have a long brown coat that i have had for several years so its mud stained and frayed at the edges. I wear standard issue combat with straps instead of laces. I made that decision when a pro joe shell fell on my foot and melted my laces. I wear khaki cargo pants and a white T-shirt a standard medic kit pouch that connects to my belt of course and i have my satchel for my on the go lab i have test tubes and such thing as well as some chemicals that help me get out of sticky situations i also wear rustic thin round framed glasses

Reactions: figgyfan
Name: Doron Moshe
Species: Human
Family and Location: Moshe has a humongous family, being the age when natality desperately tries to surpass mortality, he has a total of 13 sisters and 8 brothers. With the unfortunate deaths of more than half of his brethen, he is now left with 3 sisters and 4 brothers, each having at least 3 children of their own. Moshe is the head of the family, his father, Adam being deceased for 5 years, since the colossal raid happened, losing his kin. His mother, Maarja is speculatively being held captive in the zone. He has 6 children, for males, one newborn, one 4 years old and two 7 years old twins. For females, one 6 years old and one 9 years old. The 9 years old is called Felicity and she is currently aspiring of becoming a medic, like her aunt, Janna, hoping that she could help when the raids occur. The twins, Roni and Sagi, are promising, they both hold much potential for firearms and make a good combination. The other girl is called Ora is very kind and tends to worry when Sagi and Felicity get into fights. The 4 years old boy is called Noa. Unfortunately, he has been diagnosed with a new kind of disease and will have at most 6 more months to live, that is, unless someone provides a never before seen antidote. Finally, the 5 days old, Eli, is the loudest child Moshe has ever had, no one has ever heard such powerful lungs, his brother Deborah, which is a priest, said that he saw a "god" in this boy, which made Moshe even happier. Moshe is married to a beautiful woman named Ayala, a 38 years old. She is the only woman in the stronghold that can communicate with foreigners, as she knows 7 different languages: Arab, English, Dutch, French, Polish, Mandarin and Spanish. Moreover, she can also cook the best food with insanely little ingredients which makes her a gold keep for the group.
Moshe lives in a man made stronghold of 22 square kilometers that's located west of the city of Damascus (or what's left of it) and north of the Barada river. There are over seven hundred people in the stronghold, enough that it can be called a village or a small city. The one who leads them is a a former sergeant by the name of Bartholomew, who used to work undercover for the polish army, inevitably, after the colossal raid, there was no more polish army, in fact, half of Poland was wiped out the face of the Earth creating a zone. The stronghold is formed of 5 areas with 5 leaders of their own and Moshe is one of them. He leads the South-Western area called Bishop, known for its tight defense and good manners. Every one in the area is like a family member to Moshe, he swore to do the best he could to protect his people and so he will.

Personality and Relationships: While there was a time when Moshe wouldn't talk to anyone, he is now very open to conversations and ideas and tries to rise the morale of the people. Moshe has suffered great mental damage when he lost his father and siblings in the colossal raid, so much that he nearly committed suicide twice. Eventually, the one that got brought him back from darkness was his wife saying that "There will be no second time when Adonai will turn his head to help a fool that lost his way." The sentence is still crystal clear in Moshe's head and he actually uses it for other people who have experienced the same. Moshe's love for his family is not outdone by anyone. It can be said that every thing he does is for the sake of his family alone, however just because of that, he is very strict with his children and even brothers/sisters. Ayala is a special case, in fact, Moshe always asks for her opinion and never questions it. The state of his son, Noa, saddens him greatly, he knows he can do nothing, yet he can't help but feel pity for his son. Nevertheless, he still strives with his sister Hagit, to find a cure somehow, or at least to slow down the process until a real antidote is made in the East. He hates it when Sagi and Felicity fight and supports Ora whenever she gets between them and sometimes he scolds only Sagi, telling him to behave like his twin brother, although Roni is like that because he is shy, however, both of them don't chicken or anger out when it's time to shoot. He gets along well with Ora and Felicity, sometimes reminding Felicity to stop irritating Sagi, since she is the oldest, she should understand, however it seems Felicity has kind of a boyish attitude so she won't let any insults Sagi throws at her slide. Ora and Noa are the most understanding, mainly because Ora is the kindest and doesn't get in any trouble and Noa is younger sick and doesn't really understand what is going on. Every one protects Noa whenever some other kids pick on him, especially Sagi, who wants to kill everyone who makes Noa cry. Moshe doesn't allow that kind of thing though, although, inside, he is even angrier than Sagi, but due to his status and maturity, he will keep it in. The talk of the place is Eli now, Ora likes keeping him in her arms and Roni smiles every time he sees his face. It's probably one of the few times when Sagi and Felicity are both smiling at each other. Noa also likes Eli, although he can't talk yet, it seems he understands Eli the most, telling aunt Hannah that he needs to eat, even though Eli only made one little moan. Moshe loves it when his brother, Ilan, throws the occasional parties, most of it, because he acts like a clown and can't stop laughing when he tries to do "magic" but fails horribly. His relationship with Bartholomew is pretty standard, they don't talk about much, but both of them respect each other since Bartholomew once saved Ora from a group of bandits that came into the stronghold as merchants. Moshe also gained Bartholomew's respect by having the best organized area in the stronghold. Moshe thinks religion is an important thing, as most of the Hebrews do and every thing that proves otherwise makes him mad, although, he has gotten used to the blasphemy since the raid on Damascus, years ago, when people stopped believing that a God exists, or He does, just that he wants to wipe out the human race.

History: Moshe was born in 2029, in Damascus, being the 3rd eldest brother, he has lived a life with no expectations. His education was mediocre, as, after finishing high school, he worked as a laborer for 6 years before meeting Ayala. Ayala taught him many things about the world and also, taught him what love is. They made the family he already had even bigger and one year after Ora's birth, the colossal raid happened. It was pure destruction, the landscapes started fighting against the space itself, it was as if the Earth wanted to implode. They've been given the name, Ruiners, huge creatures made of armor of never-before-seen type of material, with the purpose to destroy. No one knows if they're some type of weapon that went out of control, but one thing's certain, they're unstoppable, the nuclear weapons don't even scratch their armor. Raids are events which include, usually one, at most two of the Ruiners. The colossal raid was made out of one hundred Ruiners, the whole Mediterranean Sea has vanished, along with Spain, Italy, France, half of Germany, half of Poland, Czech Republic, Romania and many others, Israel was just at the edge of the disaster, but still enough to catch some of it, a Ruiner spotted Damascus in its sight and began crushing the town. Much to mankind's surprise, only in the colossal raid did the Ruiners take prisoners, one of them being Moshe's mother. When Adam and his children tried to stop him, they were obliterated. In two years, Moshe and his family have stayed in darkness, fearing of what it may be next, however, the chances of a raid happening in their area have grown very slim. It seems the Ruiners have shifted their attention to the USA, which finally created the weapons to deal with the monstrosities. But if a colossal raid were to happen again, targeting USA, it would surely wipe it out, though, for now, things are quiet. Moshe found Bartholomew's stronghold soon after they decided to travel to a new home. They were treated like spies, since they were so many, but why would they doubt fellow humans? They were taken in and Moshe even became a leader among them. Bartholomew has salvaged some American equipment and has given a piece of each to every leader to help him in combat in case a raid happens. The equipment also helped Moshe deal with bandits and smugglers and also affairs in which talking was not an option anymore. With Eli's birth, things have taken quite a twist, some locals believe he is the savior mankind needs, while some believes he will turn out just like Noa. Nevertheless, Moshe's sense of duty far surpasses the others and he will not let the fact that his brother said that Eli could be a God's reincarnation stray him from his work.

Current Goal/Purpose: Moshe wants to save his mother from the Ruiners and protect his family while doing it. Although he does not know where she is, he only feels that she is alive. He also wants to find a cure for Noa's cancer with the help of his sister. Lastly, like every other human, he wants to know where did the Ruiners come from or what/who created them and how do they have so much power?
Appearance:ms_soldier_concept_by_talros-d3knzkk.jpg
Finally done, the image is not mine, thus credit goes to http://talros.deviantart.com/