Can Himbos Do Math?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Can Himbos Do Math?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if they are dumb in everything else

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moose

Spider-Buddy
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Himbos have to be stupid. I didn't make the rules, I just follow them. Now the question is can a Himbo be talented in stuff like quantum mechanics or string theory, but still be considered a dumb Himbo? Do they need to be bad at everything else worse than a normal Himbo to compensate?

Reactions: LunaValentine
The archetype seems able to be smart but still a Himbo. The evidence IMG_2434.jpegIMG_2435.jpeg

I would contest that Kronk wasn't the best assistant

Himbos are defined as attractive, unintelligent men, so the topic I'm focusing on is intelligence. I think one defining mark of intelligence is applying what you know in furtherance to one's goals, and not just in knowing things.

Kronk is someone that knows a great deal (cooking, speaking to squirrels, logistics to cut off Kuzco's path, etc), but he allows himself to be manipulated by Yzma. He can adapt to being a line cook very quickly but at the same time forget his mission of capturing Kuzco. Though he is knowledgeable and skilled, he lacks the skills for introspection to direct the life he wants to live. To be fair, Yzma hinders his development a lot by doing his thinking for him and not being constructive in her criticism (to put it mildly).

So could a himbo be knowledgeable in math/quantum physics, etc? Yes.
Does that make a himbo intelligent? No. They haven't developed the habits for success and are usually not situationally aware, but they have the potential to be intelligent. I think one way to make a himbo compelling is to keep them on that border.

You can be a highly intelligent, smart, genius person and also be a COMPLETE DING DONG.

So Himbos can still do math 8D

I love it when everyone reinforces my preconceived notions