Sporadically M-F until after 5 EST, and anytime on weekends.w
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, psychological horror, dsytopian
  • ABOUT ME: Call me either Jenna or Bread because only I have the right to call myself garbage; 30 years old; she/they; queer. I'm an English major with over a decade of roleplaying experience who now works as a paralegal. (Life's weird like that.) I can probably regale you with weird cases I have had once they close! Otherwise, I'm here to throw memes, mood boards, playlists, and headcanons at your head. OOC chatter is always welcome, too, and I'm happy to be friends outside of the roleplay if we get along well! You need a player two to beat a level on a videogame? I got you– assuming I have that game and don't suck at it. Point is: I'm generally pretty friendly! (Anyone want to help me with Pokemon raids? ...I'm only halfway kidding.)

WRITING STYLE: Behold, I have samples! Some of them are even recent, which I'm honestly pretty pleased about. Anyway, I write third person, past tense unless otherwise requested. I generally prefer that you do the same, although anything other than first person is a-okay in my book. Not that there's anything wrong with first person, because there isn't, but it's personally just not to my taste. In terms of length, I can write more, I can write less-- it depends on the scene and my partner's preferences. (I do enjoy detail, though, so you're likely looking at lengthier responses from me.) As long as I have enough to work with, though, we're golden.

POSTING FREQUENCY: Due to the aforementioned paralegal nonsense and some chronic pain/joint issues, I can sometimes be slow to respond. I try to average a lengthy/novella response a week, with shorter posts obviously taking less time, but obviously my health comes first. I'll always keep you updated, though! As for your responses, as long as I know you aren't dead in a ditch somewhere, you can take as long as you need. I've waited months for a response before, and I'll do it again. On that note, if you do lose interest, I'd rather you told me so I'm not waiting forever for a post that will never come. I'm a big vaguely-adult sized person; I can take it.

ROLEPLAY MEDIUM: My preferred medium to roleplay is probably threads or via discord, although I can be convinced to write just about anywhere. Gotta feed the brain gerbils somehow.

DOUBLING: Doubling isn't really my cup of tea unless it's for plot reasons. I'll play a whole menagerie of side characters though!

NSFW: TO BE ADDED ONCE IN REDSTAR. Not even going to risk it lmao

HARD NOPES: Medical needles (I'm literally phobic, can ya'll not), pregnancy, slavery in any context, noncon, incest, vore, toiletplay, fetishized trans characters. (Trans characters are totally fine! Just to clarify.) Are there other things? Probably, but none come to mind at the moment.​
  • And now for the fandoms/ships. The more stars, the more I crave it. Any plots will be listed with the fandom, and my character preference is underlined. c: Everything is negotiable from here on, though! Have a ship that's not listed? Ask! I might be willing to give it a go.

Disclaimer up front, because I'm just like that: I am admittedly not as well-versed in this series as some of you probably are. I didn't watch the series in its entirety until the pandemic, and while I intend to get around to LOK and the comics, I haven't yet. I love the series! But my familiarity isn't decades old: so please have mercy.

Sokka x Zuko
    Mai x Tai Lee (Craving less, so I don't have plots;; )

Something based on the fanart where Sokka is the Moon Spirit instead of Suki. The timeline obviously needs altered to make them both adults, but give me a Sokka who was sheltered most of his life but snuck out to help the Avatar anyway, or a Sokka who meets Zuko differently and, "So, that sword– you know how to use it? Can you teach me?" Still wickedly clever, still Sokka, just different origin story. (It needs fleshed out, I know! I'll likely do so some tomorrow-- I need sleep, but want to post this thread before I go.)

Sokka, completely by accident and years after the war has ended, realizes he might not be as much of a nonbender as he thought he was. One day he's in the South Pole, helping rebuild, and the next, something is on fire. Which is, y'know, pretty bad considering he lives in the equivalent of an igloo. It's also just kind of awkward because has there ever been a Water Tribe fire bender? No? Of course, it has to happen to Sokka, who has to begrudgingly learn how to fire bend before he burns everything to the ground, and the Fire Nation also doesn't know what to do with him because: Water. Tribe. At least Zuko is still cool and is willing to teach him in between Fire Lord business. Can a fire bender have a heat stroke? Sokka thinks he's having a heat stroke–

Other tropes I'd like to play around with for Zukka: advisor!Sokka, Sokka being spirit-touched and who keeps accidentally wandering into the Spirit Realm/keeps talking with spirits and denies EVERYTHING because he is a man of science, goddammit, fake dating tropes to avoid arranged marriages on Zuko's behalf, soulmate aus, implementing other fantasy elements (i.e. Sokka as a selkie pulled up on a Fire Nation ship). Also open to modern-day or other fantasy AUs, if that is more your thing!

GOOD OMENS (BOOK AND/OR TV SERIES) ★★★★
    Aziraphale / Crowley
    Possibly the most genderqueer pairing I have on this list, fff. Literally any version of these characters, I want to write. Generally, I prefer that they both remain ethereal, but really, a good enough plot, I'm in.

Plots to be added later after I get some sleep!

HARRY POTTER ★★★★★
    Because my response to terrible authors is to run my queer little hands all over their creations out of spite. I only want to play around with EWE settings.

Luna x Ginny (No plots yet, I'm afraid!)
    Harry x Draco (I'm willing to give Draco a shot as well, but I haven't ever written for him. Harry though, I have plenty of experience with.)

Several years after the war, the pair wind up as professors at Hogwarts. Maybe Draco was there first, having been hired years ago by McGonagall to take over as the potions professor. Harry, by contrast, gave auror work a solid effort before his life slowly (and publicly) fell apart and he subsequently vanished… only to resurface years later at Hogwarts, ready to teach and acting like nothing ever happened. Or, alternatively, flip that, and Malfoy comes crawling to Hogwarts begging for work, only to realize Harry has been quietly teaching there for years. Regardless, the two are forced to mentor each other, and the two start butting heads sooner rather than later.

Add to that a mystery where students are going missing, with an ex-auror and a man very acquainted with the dark arts on the staff, and the pair has to work together now to try to find the cause. (Or if you want to spice the plot up another way, I'm all ears!)

Draco and Harry work together at the Ministry in some capacity. Maybe they're auror partners. Maybe Malfoy's a consultant for the illegal potions department, maybe he's a curse breaker or just a healer in the Ministry's employ. (Your muse, your call.) Whatever the situation, the two are in each other's orbit, and while definitely not friendly, they're at least civil. It's a truce, one that neither side really knows how to change. Or, y'know, if they even want to.

That is, of course, until Harry Potter does what he's best at: getting himself in trouble. While out in the field, something goes horribly wrong. Maybe it's a stray curse of unknown origin. Maybe it's a dark artifact Harry unknowingly touched; it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. (Except it most definitely does.) One moment, Harry's fine. The next, his scar has split open, and Harry goes down, writhing in pain… only to get up again shortly after, a little pale and a lot bloody. To say it caused chaos is an understatement. But after a strict medical exam where Harry complained the whole time, he's released to active duty, much to Harry's relief, and the Ministry puts the incident behind them.

But Harry Potter isn't fine. It's not obvious at first: Harry doesn't flinch, doesn't stumble. Still makes the same dumb jokes, still rolls his eyes when Malfoy says something Harry thinks is annoying. It's nothing obvious. But Malfoy knows Harry. Knows the way Harry goes a little pale, face pinching in pain for a millisecond before smoothing out into literally any other expression. He's acting oddly, too, subtly trying to read books in Malfoy's office or pilfering potion supplies. Harry denies everything, of course.

But eventually, Malfoy finds out that Harry is most definitely not fine, and is definitely an idiot. Why? Because Harry Potter is reliving every single injury he's ever obtained in chronological order. Maybe he realizes when Harry loses all the bones in his arm mid-conversation, making the same face he did in second year. Maybe it's sooner– we can discuss it! Regardless, like an idiot, Harry's been hiding it from his friends because other people's concern gives him hives. That, and the LAST thing Harry wants is to be placed on sick leave.

So the two reach an agreement: Malfoy will help Harry try to break the curse. He is the most qualified to do so, after all, and he has a vested interest in not having Harry die– after all, having the Savior owe you favors to stay quiet? Too good an opportunity to miss. (And if he has additional motivation, well, that's his own business. Maybe he's worried about losing an auror partner because Harry is the only one who will work with him. Maybe he's been in love with Harry for years. Your muse, your call!) Unfortunately, Harry isn't being completely truthful here, either–

After all, no one but Hagrid and maybe Narcissa Malfoy know that Harry actually died in the Forbidden Forest. He was revived, yes, but he doesn't know how. It's a rush against the clock, with only Harry knowing the truth. If Malfoy cannot get rid of the curse, Harry Potter will die.

The least developed plot of the three, aaay. Malfoy has long owned a potions shop on a lesser frequented street in Hogsmeade, and while it isn't a huge success, he has a loyal customer base who don't mind his status as an ex-death eater. It's a living. A quiet one, but a living nonetheless. This is, of course, disturbed by one Harry Potter, who inadvertently buys the shop next door, shattering that sense of peace in one fell swoop. Harry's shop is loud. His patrons are nosy. But more importantly, Harry himself runs the place, which has taken that quiet little street and made it much more lively as everyone tries to get a glimpse of the golden boy— who only shows up when they're gone, and seemingly only to annoy Malfoy.

Harry has no idea what he's doing, running a shop. And, begrudgingly, Malfoy starts to help him because maybe if his shop runs better, he won't interfere with Malfoy's shop as much.

Other Harry Potter elements I enjoy but don't know what to do with by themselves: surprise Veela inheritances, magical accidents that force characters to bond, magical life debts, creature tropes in general, characters going through an early midlife crisis, ignoring the epilogue entirely by assigning new professions to characters, alternate timelines, auror partners, groundhog day scenarios, etc.

THE MAGNUS ARCHIVES ★★★★★
    Jon x Martin

Honestly: still binging the hell out of this, so no plots yet/AU only until this weekend, most likely. I will add plots then! And also probably more ships because this podcast will likely destroy me.

MOB PSYCHO 100 ★★★★★
    Reigen x Serizawa
    Mob x Teruki (Aged up)
    Reigen & Mob/Most of the other kids (Platonic only, or I swear I will r i o t. You can fit so much wholesome found family in this conman--)

RYU GA GOTOKU/YAKUZA/LIKE A DRAGON SERIES ★★★★★
    AKA "How do I even label this as now in a search thread," the ever expanding saga. There are far too many ships I'd love to do for this, so I'm just going to list my biggest ones. Honestly, you could probably just throw a dart and I'd be down. Ishin did NOT help– now I just want crime boys with swords on top of normal "be gay and do crime" nonsense. I... still don't remember all of the new names but I'm trying! (I still need to beat it.)

Majima x Kiryu
    Majima x Nishitani
    Akiyama x Kiryu
    Kiryu x Nishiki
    Daigo x Mine
    Kasuga x Zhao
    Kasuga x Nanba

I'll add plots later! I need to go to bed soon and want to post this thread before I lose momentum.

WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS (TV) ★★★
    Nandor x Lazlo

I'll add plots later! I need to go to bed soon and want to post this thread before I lose momentum.

YU YU HAKUSHO ★★
    Yusuke x Kurama
    Kurama x Hiei
    Youko x Kuronue

• These are fandoms that I'll gladly write for, but they're all something I'm not actively craving/looking for. Accordingly, there's no rating scale here, although underlined characters remain the characters I would prefer to play, if characters/ships are listed at all. If you have a ship you're interested in, suggest away!

• Ace Attorney Series
    • Danganronpa 1-2 (Nagito x Hajime; Toko x Komaru)
    • Demon Slayer
    • Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga/Brotherhood only)
    • .Hack//GU (I just want to write as Haseo fff)
    • Hades
    • Hunter x Hunter
    • Homestuck (Reached alpha trolls, read a bit more, no idea what's happening now.)
    • Marvel MCU (Steve x Bucky; Tony x Loki)
    • Naruto (Kakashi x Iruka primarily)
    • Omori
    • Persona 3/4/5/Strikers
    • Rune Factory Series
    • Sherlock BBC
    • Spirit Hunter
    • Supernatural (Very behind so probably AU only? I know how it ends, though, and uh. That's a thing.)
    • The World Ends With You (Not Neo-- not yet, anyway. Neku x Joshua; Shiki x Eri; maybe Neku x Beat.)
    I will update this thread as things come to mind!​

Please message me if you're interested! Thank you!

I know I need to tweak coding/maybe make this ship-specific for more hits?? A tomorrow problem.

Last edited: