Beware Rumors and Nasty Gossip - And don't forget to report!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Greetings Mortals! Ò◇Ó

Today I bring you a quick and dirty PSA about rumors and gossip!

Gossiping with friends about all sorts of things can be fun and in most cases it's harmless. Finding out two members are now dating in real life or that somebody is runnin' badass new roleplay? Cute and fun gossip! However, talking shit about people, about their behavior or what rules they might be breaking can be very harmful, especially if it's all just rumor without any actual fact to back it up.

Recently, there's been some ugly gossip going around about multiple members and even Iwaku itself - none of which has even remotely been proven to be true. In all cases it's either been someone who did not read and understand Iwaku's rules OR started by someone that is angry about being banned.

It's very important that if you think someone is doing something legitimately harmful to Iwaku's safety, that you report it. Don't just gossip about it.

Our staff is trained to investigate evil doing and they can't investigate unless you report it. While rumors without facts can destroy people's relationships and reputations. We're not in the business of destruction, we all just wanna write cool stories and have fun! <3

If you ever hear a nasty rumor about Iwaku or a member, you're always welcome to hit me up personally over Private Message! I'll be happy to answer any and all questions and clear up confusions.

In the meantime, here are some helpful things you can read:
- Iwaku's Terms and Policies
- NSFW Content Policies
- Why We Allow Erotic Roleplay: The Legalities of Smut
- Recent PSA about our Sexual Content Rules

In conclusion, don't be a careless asshole. >:[ Pls be responsible and kind.

I second this! And if you don't, I can track your IP address and bring the hurt I will send you a lengthy message as to why it's not cool to be a jerk!

I've come to report a nasty rumor. I've heard from somebody who heard from somebody else... that the site staff are actually wonderful people we should thank for keeping this place safe and fun for us to hang out in!

The staff here is one of the best that I have ever seen and had the pleasure of interacting with some 🥰

• Love
Reactions: XIII
I ain't gonna lie, I've been thinking about this since this announcement came out and I feel like it's a little sad that it even has to be said? Like, is it not common sense not being a nasty jerk behind peoples back orrrr did I miss that memo that it's totally okay?

These announcements never really stop assholes from being assholes... but they help remind nice people to stop and think twice when they hear a rumor, and to maybe not take things at face value. Especially when it's coming from people who have been banned. O:

Reactions: XIII and kroyote
Honestly, that's fair. Sometimes I give people too much benefit of the doubt lol, but I guess making announcements like these every so often would have an effect to make folk think for a second at least

Reactions: XIII
Status
Not open for further replies.