Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
THE RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
1. No godmodding. This roleplay will include bad situations where characters will be put into dangerous situations. Some may die.
2. Companions may be horses or small animals. Nothing exotic. They may also die.
3. I don't really care about writing expectations. However, it has to be something that someone can respond to. I would say no one-liners, but dialogue may cause that. (Because this was written when I had all the time in the world and zero writers block, disregard this part.)
4. Hate the character, not the roleplayer behind the character.
5. Remember, there are limited resources. People will suffer.
6. Weapons cannot be overpowered. Again, keep in mind that resources are limited, so if you choose a gun or weapon similar to that, ammo can/will run out.
7. I will be doubling, but I do not expect anyone else to. I know it can be difficult for some.
These rules and expectations are subject to change/be added upon.

It is the year 3067. The land used to be beautiful, but after the nuclear war, the land plummeted into extreme temperatures. The snow couldn't settle, for acid from the bombs lay on the ground. The sun would burn you to a crisp. Animals could barely survive in this weather. It was the same for humans, and we kept to ourselves. We don't go out past 6 pm. It's dangerous out there. You'd be killed in seconds. Why? Because of Avalon. Avalon is a group of people that ride these...these stupid fast black horses to catch the people past 6 and kill them, one way or another. They make it so, so hard to find food. They make it hard to live in general. They make life a living hell, which it already is, but...if there is anything under hell, that's what they make it.

~~~
The televisions across the island flashed with a white screen and a countdown, along with advisories to gather food, for they might not be able to go outside for 14 days or more. It wasn't long before the loud explosions began, frightening all the residents, the island's fauna included. The explosions came with an incredibly dangerous, hence fatal, amount of radiation. It had virtually reset the island. None of the modern accommodations worked. Toilets, chargers, running water. The people left on the island had three choices. Either they could continue on their own (with family/friends if any survived), they could join other survivors, or they could try their hand at getting recruited into the quickly forming group named Avalon.

This roleplay takes place after a nuclear war. The people left either tried to band together against Avalon or joined Avalon, seeking out those who refused to join or rebelled.
While Avalon may be the most hated group on the island, could there be a greater, more sinister evil lurking?

They live on a fairly small island, but it has plenty of different regions. The majority of the island used to be wide open plains. There is part of the island that is completely covered with snow year-round, while the rest of it usually is not unless it is winter. Even then, the snow won't stick to the ground. It is gone as soon as it touches the earth. Other regions of the island include a place where it seems to be autumn three of the four seasons (all four since the war), and evergreen forests with remains of the main oil drilling company. There is also a forest with redwoods dotting the area, which used to be the most untouched part of the land, and another smaller island that used to be accessible by ferry. Every so often, there are remains of stables and buildings and even a city, with piers and malls, a plaza, and where the governor lived. Of course, it is all in ruins now. Oh, and one more thing. There is an 'abandoned' oil rig in the opposite direction of the mainland...

Also, this flopped as a group rp, so let me know if you're interested! I am also now available on Discord!

Let me know if I've forgotten something or if you would like to see something added.
Thanks,
-Horsebandit

Last edited: