1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
fantasy (high or low) with royalty, magic and political intrigue. scifi (cyberpunk, aliens, adventures), modern with some noir undertones, anything in the 1950s or older, steampunk, fairytale twists, i like romance sometimes, i do like forbidden love in the right doses. apocalyptic, horror, self-discovery, some lighthearted modern/fantasy/scifi, i'm willing to try almost anything.
don't glitch out pls

• Natalie Mizrahi

ed93525c1e3fab85c825991c3a4e5d1d.jpg

Brown hair | Brown eyes | 5'9 or 175cm| 29 years old

Researcher/Scientist/Lab Technician

Personality:
    - Ambitious, conscientious and hardworking
    - Clever and intuitive
    - Kind, loyal and devoted (can be a bit emotional)
    - Introverted and reserved
    - Perfectionist with a dry sense of humour

• Ezekiel Hu

X0oN9Wf.jpg

Black hair | Dark brown eyes | 6'3 or 190cm | 31 years old

A medically trained astronaut

Personality:
    - Arrogant and 'self-assured'
    - Cynical with his own weird brand of charm
    - Skeptical and pessimistic
    - Emotionally reserved, can be protective and clingy
    - Calm under pressure and capable

• Atticus Montgomery

p6ErBBr.jpg

Black hair | Brown eyes | 5'11 or 181cm | 22 years old

Coping with Probing member and former university student

Personality:
    - Awkward, shy and insecure
    - Selfless and devoted
    - A bit nerdy and naive
    - Cowardly and innocent
    - Kind of goofy and boyish

• She had once thought that the message coming from above would be a sign of hope. A sign that, even after centuries, that they had not been alone. Alone in this small Earth. Secretly, she had suspected it would happen, with how ginormous the universe really was. Though, perhaps ginormous was an understatement. However, their first sign of life had come quite closer than Natalie had thought. A signal from the star Proxima Centauri. She remembered the moment it came, sitting by the desk, still jittery from the caffeine flowing in her system, nearly asleep.

There stood a large window with a telescope that detected radio signals from space and observed stars simultaneously. They called it the Meteor 7450, a name with a more tongue and cheek origin, the first item spotted being a meteor that crashed into the town. Of Meteor Falls. The irony from many years ago had still remained today. Natalie nearly fainted from excitement that day. Though, it seemed like her blood went cold as soon as she finally decoded what the message meant. Natalie was in denial with what the message meant.

"Hide before they find you."

At first, it was disbelief, but as news went around about the signal, it was like a human's worst fear had come true. The media began to ambush Natalie and her other coworkers frequently with questions of the next sign of life. However, until the day they came was the worst day of her life. The staff members had attempted communicating frantically with the star system, sending radio signal after signal. They even sent satellites and other space technologies to Proxima, but with no sign of life. Their actions had been too little too late and all they had to do was continue on living.

Though, even that was becoming futile. Unknown malfunctions plagued their computers and any form of communication. Natalie had never expected aliens in the first place, but those malfunctions only increased in severity to the point that most of the work could not be completed other than the basic paperwork or labwork that didn't involve communicating with alien life.

That fateful day of the invasion had sent the Meteor Falls Observatory to a lockdown. She was working overtime with some other select members when the invasion happened. All the doors, entrances and windows were completely bolted shut with the best of metals. It was nearly indestructible, to both aliens and humans. The only catch was that nobody could come in and it was too dangerous to go out. The observatory had food, water, showers and other basic facilities that would be able to keep them alive for a long time. Though, Natalie's regret had ironically been not working overtime to the point she couldn't say goodbye to her family one last time.

Now, she fell asleep, many weeks after the invasion on an uncomfortable white couch. The cup of coffee she had previously been drinking was now on the table in front of her. Her light brown hair was disheveled as she clung onto the cushions. It had been too long and due to not having the time to do anything else anymore, fixing the computers seemed to be the only thing that Natalie bothered to do. No way she was actually socializing with other coworkers unless it was necessary. In fact, most of them had left to find family. Though, a part of her refused to leave her mission unsettled.

Lifting her face, which had been pushing against the nearest cushion, she looked around. Seeing Charles, a fellow coworker, from her plain of vision, Natalie dug her face back into the pillow. "Morning..." The woman spoke groggily. She was wearing a small, white tank top with sweatpants and sneakers. The point of looking professional had been lost until it was completely necessary, so seeing a lab worker dressed like Natalie was rather commonplace.

• First Neptune, and now Proxima Centauri?

Ezekiel was born ready for space. Calm under pressure, analytical as well as capable. More so, a space doctor. There were a lot of things that he admitted to not knowing. Space was one of them, the planets, the stars and just the beauty of it all. Not a lot of people were allowed on a spacecraft, so most of the time, he was the only doctor on board. Knowing things meant power, and damn, does this guy like knowing things.

The message changed his life, even if he refused to admit it. Indirectly, directly, you name it. At first, he shrugged it off. Big deal. The aliens could just be radio signal trolls hungry for attention for all he cared. The ever so skeptical Ezekiel Hu, or Doctor Hu, he liked to call himself, didn't believe it. He even called bullshit on the message on the occasional Saturday night drunk. Though, more people started coming out with their stories of aliens and probing. Eventually, more research had been done, finding no sign of life. The signals stopped abruptly and something was clearly off.

When asked to go to Proxima to investigate, he simply treated it like every other mission. Nothing to get worried about, just checking up on Greys. The only thing he was really scared for was if they would actually stick a cold, metal probe in his ass. That, and the regular things, such as the rocket crashing, running out of oxygen, and death. For an arrogant guy, he was quite fearful of the thought of mortality. Everyone dying someday sounded awfully depressing to him. Little did the crew know, that the Earth was going to be in the same state as Proxima sooner or later if they didn't act quickly.

The ship was functional, but compact. It was meant for Ezekiel and the crew to simply fly in and out after a few weeks, even months, take some pictures, gather evidence in airtight bags and make sure none of them could kill you. Speaking of that, there were plasma guns that made no sound when you fired, but were just as deadly and didn't have the restrictions a bullet had. Those were only used in cases of monsters ever attacking. With a lack of signal, you could be really gambling your life. Bunkers were located just beside the main command center and there was an open window that linked the both together.

Ezekiel was dressed in a wifebeater and basketball shorts. The rest of the crew seemed to have woke up before him, leaving him to be the only one. Ezekiel saw Sonia and another astronaut sit back and watch over the ship. Getting up, he grabbed a ration bar, chewing on it slowly. Deciding to be a little shit, his bedroom was right next to the window connecting them. He lifted his feet up against the window and tapped with his hand. "Mornin', captain." He called, nonchalantly. "Anything interesting?"

• Atticus had been one of the witness accounts to an alien abduction.

Well, it didn't really count as a witness if he was the only one that actually saw it happen. He was working part time in a comic book store. No one was there. Typical. Why did he even decide to work here? No one really read anymore, and the person owning the store was just doing it for a family tradition. So, as a result, Atticus had read every single issue on every single shelf or just studied by himself. It was lame, but what was even lamer was that an alien actually bothered to show up.

The bright lights came first. In the middle of the night, the upstairs storage room looked abnormally bright. Getting up in his Spiderman boxer shorts to check it out, he was open to the sight of his lifetime. He didn't remember much. Atticus went unconscious from shock, later feeling a floating, yet numb feeling in his body. Blurred, grey faces passed by him one by one with different tools and probes. Beginning to hallucinate, he noticed that he wasn't able to speak or move. The passage of time was much slower in this ship as they flew away. Sooner or later, he felt nauseous with a metallic taste in his mouth.

From there, it felt like that alien message released to the public was some sort of explanation to it all. That maybe the greys from Proxima had something to do with this. Maybe they would invade Earth and it would be too late. Atticus soon spoke out about his experience and joined several internet forums to speak of conspiracy theories. A support group had even started for the sake of victims of alien abductions.

The group met every Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm in the basement of the YCMA. It was sketchy, but then again, so were alien abductions. He made many friends, though those friends would soon be picked off in an instant. When the silent blue warning showed up on the screen, he secretly knew that this was what happened. The invasion became a reality, though they weren't Greys. They were something much worse. Cronenberg body monstrocities that stood several feet tall moved at an eerily calculated pace of a hive mind. Small parasites attached to the head or neck of the beasts and ate human flesh. From what Atticus knew, banging them over the head with a shovel killed the parasites along with the creatures.

Soon, the Coping with Probing group banded together to take down the threat and survive... but all that happened were each member getting picked off or eaten alive. Atticus knew it was not strength, but luck that still kept him alive. Whether or not he still even had that was a mystery. Even the strong died on an especially unlucky day. On the bright side, he formed a close bond with the members that did survive with him. Atticus had learned to sleep on the ground and have cycled night watches to stay safe, though, they tended to stay out of underground areas like the basement.

Spotting a fellow member, a rather loud one near him, he opened his brown eyes. "...Hey." How charming. He was never a conversationalist, but I mean, he tried. Giving Phebe a rather bashful smile, he checked his solar watch. It was 5:30am. "Tired?" Atticus was wearing a hoodie with some comfortable jeans as he awkwardly retreated his hands back. "So... uh... I-I'm glad you're not dead..."

posteratus-rex.ffp.png

posting expectations: adept - prestige
posting length requirements: 3-4 paragraph minimum - full out novel
posting speed requirements: few posts a day - one post a week

"Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke."

*makes room in my trash pile*
welcome, you can call me angel! or whatever you want baby ;) *gets shot*
i don't like making search threads very often, so prepare to see this being recycled over and over. without further ado, hello, nice to meet you! grab a sweater and a kitten <3​
if you are interested, i would prefer you not express interest in the thread, but pm me as soon as you can!
posteratus-rex.ffp.png

• i like to joke a lot and talk with my partners ooc even if they do not have time to post.​
  • SPEAKING OF TALKING, i ramble and like to talk about my personal life.​
  • i'm still in school, so yeah. i have exams, all that "good" stuff.​
  • english is not my first language. it's actually my third, but i would say i do a decent enough job posing as if i was speaking english my whole life. though, i do make mistakes sometimes. if it's more of a constant grammar thing, let me know!
  • i do anime or realistic faceclaims, it all depends on the genre or a partner's preferences.​
  • even if you're not interested in any of my plots, you can still pm me with whatever ideas you have!​
  • i like being aggressive and having my partner and i lead the plot equally. i do love me some plot. <3​
  • i don't have a preference what gender i play, but i like having multiple npcs/characters if necessary. my character sheets are rather simple, but i can flesh them out if anyone needs me to. i like playing gals just as much as i love playing guys.​
  • i normally respond within 1-3 days or even multiple times a day. the minimum is at least once a week. any less than that is not normal for me unless i say so beforehand.​
  • my most comfortable writing range is around 5ish paragraphs, but if the situation calls for it, i will most certainly bust out a novel.​
  • i will roleplay just about any genre. if it's not on my no-list, it's on my maybe or yes-list.​
  • totally okay with cussing and darker/sexual themes.
  • i'm also okay with fxf and mxf. mxm i have not had experience with, but i'm not against. ^-^​
posteratus-rex.ffp.png

other than the description above, i'm looking for:
  • drama (romance is optional in this case)
  • lots of plot twists and action.
  • interesting characters. male or female does not matter.
  • the right dose of comedy. i like a post that will make me laugh!
  • a long term partner. i think this is key to having a successful roleplay is communication. tell me if you're going to be away or if you're dropping. it really does not take a minute to do. as for posting, post at least once a week (ideally more) and i'll be very happy!
  • if you do tell me you're dropping because of lack of interest, tell me in advance if you would like to try out another plot!
  • lots of detail! i prefer at least a 3-4 paragraph minimum.
  • a friend! who doesn't love friends?
okay. you're here. welcome back! if you want anything in depth or just want to see a writing sample, check my roleplay resume ^-^

posteratus-rex.ffp.png

the true meat and potatoes of this search thread! if you're still interested, pick a genre and a plot and get going! i have a lot of them, so pm me with your own ideas, add onto or omit some aspects. check my rp wishlist or plot candies/favourite genres to get a feel for things. any gender pronouns can easily be switched around. i did make them a bit vague, with lots of legroom to work with. ^-^

• posteratus-rex.ffp.png

note: these might tie into other genres!

the old world and the new - apocalyptic, dystopian, survival horror, darker themes.
    an apocalypse, be it zombie or not. this could be due to a virus or a nuclear disaster. like this is a genre that can be totally expanded on in the future. lots of places we can go with this one. they could be scientists trying to discover a cure amidst the madness and lack of working technology. maybe they're fighting against radical bioterrorists that want to establish a new world order by wiping out an entire population. perhaps, nothing is left of the wreckage and it's more of a personal journey of self-recovery and trying to build a new world from scratch.

the nights without god - tragedy, mystery, supernatural horror and angst. dark themes ahead.
    maybe these zombies aren't all that harmful. maybe they're zombies made from spirits. the gods have abandoned the world as we know it. the world still functions relatively normally, of course, but that leaves the souls of the dead behind to rot on earth. these souls all have something in common, that is, they have not found rest. people with special abilities to travel through memories are tasked with the job of making sure their spirits and their zombie body move onto another plane of existence. some of them cause harm while others might just haunt a specific area.

the midnight cafe - supernatural, crime, noir, very slight slice of life
    oh, the midnight cafe is located in the busiest streets and alleyways of new york. posh and elegant, jazz music plays out the ass all the time. in the daytime, it's a lighthearted date spot with pastries and light piano music. during the night, strange supernatural creatures frequent the restaurant for a nice taste of human flesh like vampires, the wendigo, witches, fairies, you name it. human flesh, and the jazz band. it's always the jazz. listen to jazz music from around the 1930 - 1950s for the true effect. jazz. during other times in the day, most tend to have magical glamours, but what if a human with a gift of seeing past glamours is discovered? or what if a supernatural crime ring demands more of their fair share of human flesh?

move your body - dancing, music, rivalry, slice of life
    okay, i love dancing. i love winning things with my dancing and so do the people in the classical dance academy! they teach a variety of dance forms in the heart of the city noted for being the best in the world. but competition can get a little intense. it's a big no-no to get into relationships with another fellow dancer due to the cutthroat nature of the academy. especially if they major in a more urban form of dance. what if one of the members gets suspected of rigging the judge's odds? what if a suspicious force in the school has been purposefully injuring the school's best dancers? prepare for a lot of playlists.

the brothers grimm - organized crime, fairy tale characters, gritty, violence, debauchery
    imagine fairy tale characters in an organized crime ring called the brothers grimm that encompasses all of the fairy tale characters working together. led by the two brothers grimm, multiple characters, regardless of grimm or not (so alice in wonderland is okay, so are most disney princesses, etc.) are led to kill, smuggle drugs and seduce their way around the underground crime scene. what if the brothers split up their gang after a bloody fight? this tears the large empire apart as every fairy tale character must take a side. the sides become increasingly difficult to choose between as each brother offers something different in return...

phantom of the... broadway musical? - ghosts, supernatural, musical, romance, darker themes
    loosely based on the phantom of the opera. a ghost with an unfortunate past has haunted the stage for hundreds of years. the broadway musical of the year is no exception. somehow, a poor and simple janitor finds themselves singing on the stage to herself with the ghost catching them. infatuated with her voice, the ghost has killed multiple singers that have tried out for the lead role until eventually the janitor catches on to what the ghost is attempting to do. trying to communicate, can the simple girl ever help the phantom move on while trying to balance the lead? how will the theatre cope with the deaths?

• posteratus-rex.ffp.png

the witch's daughter - magic, witches, assassination attempts, royalty, adventure
    a witch's magically proficient daughter has been sent out to tend to her dying mother. she's not the most... morally right character and will do the most arcane to make sure that her mother lives for another thousand years. what if her ingredients are a bit hard to obtain? perhaps the precious jewel of a king or a melted metal from a legendary knight's sword (with his blood, of course), what will the witch do? what if the knight's men have guarded the entrance to the sacred mountain of immortality? glamouring herself as an alluring princess, the witch tricks her target into letting her pass and accompanying her on the journey, she finds that she is trapped between choosing love and the moral good or her mother's own life. is escaping death all that's cracked up to be?

the search for the royals - fighting, bounty hunters, escaped royalty, magic
    bounty hunting in the world of mercenaries is a dangerous job. with magic rampant and competition intense, this is far from an idyllic world. dangerous monsters roam about, necromancy is a big taboo and there's even a royal family that's come a long way from warriors. in fact, the bounty hunter descends from such a family and possesses their own form of magical gifts. their biggest target this far? a member of the royal family whom has run away from their duties as heir with their own magical abilities in store. whether they form a bond or begins to contribute with other targets is up to you. soon, the bounty hunter begins to ask themselves if the bounty is worth it at all.

the dragonslayer - magic, dragons, knights, shapeshifting witches, necromancy
    an arrogant knight is famed for his strength all around the realm. he's gained the love of kings and the hatred of just about everyone else. he's asked to do what no man has ever been able to accomplish, to slay the dragon on top of the mountain. without hesitation, he agrees. all alone, he manages to make it through most of the obstacles, but what is he greeted with when approaching the famous cavern? a shapeshifting witch. a powerful shapeshifting witch. he ends up with his ass handed back to him and a strange attraction to the mysterious woman. turns out the witch protects the magical forest from necromancers who might have more to do with the task at hand than the knight would expect.

the power of memories - amnesia, criminals, magic, knights, dark, necromancy
    after an successful attempt at spotting a necromancer, things don't go too well for a knight. after destroying his home and family in an uncontrollable rampage, they kidnap him. turns out that from shock of the accident and of previous attacks, the knight has developed a severe case of amnesia. this amnesia causes the knight to think that the necromancer is his dead lover. how the necromancer feels about this is up to you. even if the knight starts interfering with the necromancer's plans, he begins to become the reason she has not been caught by authorities. though, it does not spell good for the necromancer once his memory begins to come back to him.

• posteratus-rex.ffp.png

the institution - prison, government conspiracies, criminals and guards
    the institution is the world's biggest and highest security prison. locked in an ocean in the middle of nowhere, only the worst of the worst are locked in this building. so far, there have been zero escapes and most are sent to life, dying in their cells. what if you were arrested for absolutely no reason and sent to this building? what if the poor guy was trapped for an unknowing government conspiracy? who knows, man. a guard ends up being a bit too close with the poor prisoner and knows a bit more about his situation than one would think. together, will they reveal whatever truth lies behind barred doors or succumb to the institution?

the meaning of humanity - transhumanism, aliens and space battles, existential, technology, adventure
    on the bleeding edge of technology, humanity has arguably turned itself above diseases or any genetic abnormalities. however, despite the prosperity of practically the whole solar system, old values still exist... right? many years have gone by with various scientists and powerful figures debating over the ethics of mixing man and metal to create something beyond human. when an alien race from another galaxy threatens attack, cybernetic humans might just be the secret weapon to save this earth. when a fellow scientist volunteers, his world and the people around him all have something to say. he begins to question the world around him and what it means to be human.

code red - SCP influences, viruses, cyberpunk, rebellion, dystopian
    the government is kind of a joke in this new world. corporations are taking over and raking in the cash while no one seems to be there to stop it. cybernetic enhancements are becoming the norm and almost everything is reliant on computers or technology. most crimes are those over the internet and anonymous scams while the rest of society are corporal slaves. hacking is a lucrative business and so is antivirus software. credits, underground enhancements over the dark web, and mechs are all fair game here. aristocracy turn to drugs to feel the least bit human and... life just kind of sucks. oh, and did i mention there's a virus floating around that is able to kill and do physical damage through technology? stakes are high, and what will our characters do to get their freedom?

xenogen travels: for all your inter-galactic needs! - lighthearted, space travel, aliens, adventure, slightly comedic
    after many years of war and silly little inter-planetary conflicts, the UGC, or the united galactic confederation, tries to govern the observable universe to the best of their abilities. any sentient alien is fair game and frequent earth and its neighboring stars/galaxies quite often. sure, it's not perfect, but it's pretty damn close. society has gone a long way, but one thing will never change. vacation and travel. i'm totally serious. what better to travel to the vacation planet of helios 679? meet the staff as they go on some dumb adventures and spew some dry comments about the insignificance of human existence back and forth. though, with strange alien planets, there are fights, space battles as well as new sights to see! loosely based off of futurama.

posteratus-rex.ffp.png

Last edited:

• Natalie frowned, a part of her voice falling. It wasn't just Charles being inconsiderate and simply taking Owens' mug. The thought of her boss never needing the mug still lingered in her mind. Even though Natalie was working almost everyday to try getting the computers to even turn on, here Charles was, taking a sip of coffee. Owens would never allow this kind of behaviour to continue. However, as accusatory Natalie felt, she knew it was an exercise in futility to get angry with her coworker. That was one thing they had in common, the fact that they both thought fighting was useless. Perhaps it was, and perhaps Natalie was just afraid to be alone. Afraid that there was no way for her to reach out and feel the sun someday. That thought scared her, and working without anyone nearby frightened her even more. Getting angry with potentially the last person she would see before she died was not the way Natalie wanted to go. Far from it.

Additionally, Natalie began to stop herself. It was almost comedic, how that day of the alarm compared to almost every other day. Coffee in the morning soon became one of the only things that later remind them of the life that once was. Yet, none of them even came to realize that fact until today. Maybe they did come to that fact earlier, but now that Natalie had asked Charles of the boss' mug, it was apparent. "Yeah, chaos." The brunette nodded along, silently, taking a few absentminded sips. Did things really calm down? Natalie asked herself, feeling a tad hopeless now that he had spoken so casually. How were things back... out there?

Shaking the thoughts out of her head, she knew. Charles knew as well. It was just ridiculous, everything was just ridiculous. Natalie never fancied herself an optimist, funny how the subconscious parts of you are revealed once something drastic happened. She just appreciated the fact that he didn't pretend everything would be okay. Luckily for him, flipping the bird at him and leaving was the last thing she intended to do. With brown eyes, she considered adding her own sugar to her coffee, but decided against it. Stirring her white mug with a spare spoon, she didn't mind it so bitter. The mug suited her in many ways, simple as well as bright white from the fact she scrubbed her mug down every time she had a coffee.

The woman shook her head. "No, I haven't. I think they're faulty now or something." Leaning against the closest counter, she touched her hair with her fingertips the way someone did while frustrated. "I can only seem to do simple lab work, but anything to do with communication seems to be malfunctioning. Lab work is practically useless now with nothing to study. I checked the computers a million times and had then someone else check them a million times and nothing seems to be wrong with the hardware." Natalie explained, confused and through her frustration. "It's almost as if once they came everything stopped working." A scary realization indeed. Especially with the thought of the aliens staying for a long time. For their time here, nothing would work and they would soon be trapped.

"All I've heard from the planet were that some astronauts investigating it. I don't know if we'll ever be able to find them again, or if we're ever able to get out." Natalie's voice subtly faltered, gently exuding some of her pent up despair. "I mean, what's the point, right?" Realizing the woman had made herself sound slightly unprofessional, she bit her lip, biting back. Balling her fists, she sighed in order to compose herself as she drank the remainder of the caffeine. Forgetting to even groom herself or scrub her mug until it shone, the brunette still had duties to take care of.

"Would you like to check the computers for the millionth and first time?" Natalie dryly asked. Getting herself back into the groove of working would need to take some time to get used to. "If you don't, I might just have to." She shrugged, setting her mug down and walking towards the hall.

• In many ways, Ezekiel resembled a child, or at the least, a rambunctious teenager. This was one of those ways. The doctor could not take many things seriously, and conversations were one of them. Expect many a disappointment trying to get him to stop cracking a joke every so often. Regardless, Ezekiel still considered himself a rather good listener. He wasn't clueless to little ticks in people, taking in Sonia's compliance to humour him, which was really the best thing you could do for a guy like him. Laughing at the thought of the doctor ever believing that aliens would do such a thing, he shook his head. "Nah, I don't."

Ezekiel was always a bit of a skeptical guy, taking things as they came. Unless a Grey came up to him and provided video proof of their experiments, Ezekiel didn't believe a word they said about abductions. It all seemed a bit strange how they always happened in areas no one frequented. It seemed even stranger to him that Meteor Falls was built on the foundation of a meteor landing, causing many alien based novelty stores to pop up just about everywhere. If you asked him, the whole alien thing could just be stupid hype. However, calling things stupid hype didn't get you jobs like flying to a planet with alien life.

Despite her stern demeanour, Ezekiel agreed with almost everything the pilot said. Following her lead, he sat back. "I think anything involving probes could very well be a man taking advantage of a someone on an acid trip." He let the image sink in between the both of them and sighed, rather content with his own skepticism. It could be completely possible that was the case, but if someone had genuinely thought a probe had gone through their skin or that they were being operated on, then something deeper must be wrong with them. Some of the accounts were rather vivid and consistent to the other, possibly to keep up the running gag.

"Though, I think it is pretty cool we'd be the first people to see it ourselves. See if we'd be wrong the whole time." Grunting lightly, he lazily dragged himself off the chair before giving Sonia another grin. "Though, you don't quite seem like the type of person to like being wrong." Shaking his head playfully, he grabbed his suit off a rack nearby the command center. Casually putting the suit over in less than a minute, he raised a brow. "Does this space suit make me look fat by any chance?"

• Atticus turned a bright red as she mentioned the... first part. Putting his hood over his curly hair, there was nothing more that Atticus wanted to do than just crawl into his own little hole and die. If dying of embarrassment was an actual cause of death, Atticus would've died many years ago. "N-No. No, no. I didn't mean it like that, I just..." Toying with his hair in between his hood, he sighed. Hopefully the trip to Walmart was able to distract him from this moment. Lovely how even when aliens turned the human race into a group of small ants scrambling for survival, his high school moments would always come back to haunt him. As if it couldn't get any worse. The man sighed, resigned. There was no way he could win this conversation, not with his social skills.

"Yeah, eat. I... had completely forgot about that part." Atticus nervously laughed. Yeah, when that other thing happened. Grabbing her hand from his hoodie, he stood up. Standing around aimlessly as the others were sleeping, the man gave a small wave to Gladis. Due to the average age of a member in the support group, Atticus was always rough around the edges when it came to elders. They had demanded such a respect for their number of years on Earth, and that made Atticus rather flustered. He never realized that they were people, just like the two of them. Gladis was alright, and she definitely deserved the blanket more than they did. Phebe putting the blanket around the woman made his heart warm. Kindness, in smaller doses was something you don't see often. Being with Phebe reminded him of hope, that there was fun to be had in a world nearly destroyed.

"N-No one would ever think of going to a place like Walmart." The brown eyed man made a vomiting gesture. Grabbing a familiar dirtied shovel, he added, "I guess that's the beauty of it." Atticus was an awkward city boy at heart. It was odd, how he also had a distaste for crowds and loud noises. However, being in a city in a time like this would be much worse. A little town like Meteor Falls in the middle of nowhere was a better area, if he said so himself. He didn't know what came over him that day, grabbing the shovel seemed like the most rational decision. All that mattered was that no one was harmed.

The structure of the building was impressive as well as how quickly the group had adapted themselves to disaster. Barricaded stairways and a check in system, it amazed him to know that he was a part of this. Giving Phil a small smile in greeting, he followed her out. Atticus peeked out of the door after Phebe made her way out. The sunrise. How such a common sight was beautiful in times of crisis. Nearly spacing out, he then remembered to take her hand. "Y-Yeah. To Walmart!" Looking at the pieces of garbage and debris, he slouched through the entire journey.

"We're here... there's even a cart f-for all our transport needs." He gestured to a spare shopping cart reflecting the sun right outside the department store. Surprisingly, there were even a few remnants of a car collision. Tensely grabbing the cart, he wheeled it into the entrance of the store. As usual, what did he expect? Walmart was a large place, but it happened to be only somewhat ransacked. Half of the food was gone, but much still remained. Clothes on sale were on the floor on top of other things. The first sight that overwhelmed him were all the flyers that laid around the floor of the messy department store. It was a surreal sight and yet another reminder of how this was their reality now. Atticus picked up a flyer, shaking the dirt from the footprint that had trampled the paper over.

"Hey." He smiled, getting an idea. "Let's go shopping. T-The potato chips are all a dollar off. So are the Chunky Bits. I thiiiink they're edible, i-if I'm not mistaken." Atticus gestured to the rusted cart. The prices on the pictures seemed stupid to him now. Money didn't matter, they were only useless Earth dollars, as Phebe called it. Handing the flyer to the blonde, he asked, "See anything you like?"

Last edited: