A Stay Of Apocalypse(Post Alien Invasion/ Sci-Fi)

C

Chris_Reaper

Original poster
Bh8VFqcCAAAlqg2.jpg

New Year's Day, the year 2112 A.D. Exactly thirty years to the day we were invaded, thirty years to the day when mankind was nearly wiped from existence. I remember it like it yesterday, I was a naive, twenty two year old punk who thought I had everything figured out. That's when it happened, like every cliche disaster flick you've ever seen, massive alien ships appeared out of nowhere, descended upon every major city on Earth and unleashed an attack so devastating, we never saw it coming. To say we were blindsided would be the understatement of the century, fifty million people were mowed down on the first day alone. Of course the militaries of the world tried to respond the best they could. But it was like using a sling shot against a missile launcher, Earth was outgunned in every way imaginable. In just under a month, ninety percent of the Human Race was dead. Armageddon had arrived, our doom was certain, planet Earth was no more and those of us that were left just prayed that the end would be quick. Than the so called "miracle" happened. I'm not talking about some come from behind victory that humanity pulled out of it's ass, that's giving us way to much credit. No, I'm talking about the most unexpected thing that no one could have predicted. They just stopped. Without explanation and against all reason and logic, the attack simply ceased. The alien ships went dead and all their tech just switched off. No H.G. Wells "the germs got em'" bullshit either...like I said, the bastards just stopped. How or why, is something we've never been able to figure out. They had us, why didn't they finish us off? It makes absolutely no sense. For thirty years, what remains of humanity has been haunted by this cataclysmic mystery. But one question keeps all of us in the grip of unspeakable fear...will they someday return?

*This is where the RP will start up, as stated it is the year 2112 A.D. and for thirty years the world has struggled to somehow move forward. As the years roll by, the events of that time become more and more obscure. As younger generations are born, the fear that the invaders will someday return, fades. In the thirty years since the invasion, the Earth has made a limited rebound. Most of the planet's surface has become a desolate wasteland, but there are small pockets of civilization that have cropped up, known as "Bastions" these small city states have made the most of the catastrophe and have even had minor success in reverse engineering some of the alien tech used in the invasion, some even forging impressive cityscapes in the remnants of the massive crashed alien ships. In this post apocalyptic world, people mainly fall into two camps. The older generation who remembers the cataclysm and are convinced that it is only a matter of time before the invaders return to finish the job and the younger people who are trying their best to move on from the cataclysm and rebuild Earth. They either try not to think about those events or don't care. Amongst the older people, there is even a myth of sorts. In the early years, there were rumors of a great army that had amassed to fight the invaders, but had gone underground when the attack mysteriously halted. In whispered circles they are simply known as "The Response" and in the thirty years since the near obliteration of planet Earth, they have studied the alien tech and have geared up for their inevitable return...most consider this phantom army just a legend, but are they? The RP will focus on various characters interacting in a post apocalyptic Earth, doing their best to live and survive, and some will even delve much deeper and try to solve the mystery of who the invaders were, why they attacked and most of all...why they simply vanished without a trace.