A mothy opponent has joined the brawl!

A

asphyxia

Original poster
Hello Iwaku! I'm Asphyxia.

I took a year hiatus from roleplaying and recently tried to find a new home for roleplaying. I stumbled upon Iwaku and it seemed like the right place; so here I am!

I've been roleplaying for around four years now and I'm pretty comfortable with my skills. I used to do high fantasy roleplays, but now my speciality is dark slice of life and psychological roleplays. Roleplaying for me is a way to relax and have fun with characters; as such I like to focus more-so on the characters and their story rather than the world.

Outside of roleplaying, I draw, customize dolls, and participate in the anime community.

All in all, I hope to stay here for a long time and make some amazing friends and roleplay partners along the way. I'll be seeing you around!

Hiya Asphyxia~

Welcome to Iwaku. ^^ It's a pretty cozy place and most everyone is super friendly and chill. I've wanted to do more fantasy-based roleplays but can never seem to work my way there lol. I definitely love the dark and taboo! Psychological horror is great :,)

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding some great new partners! If you've got any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask!~

Welcome to Iwaku! I so agree with you about focusing on the character and not the world, especially in slice of life role play. I like to understand the world I am in, but then I tend to let that fall into the background a bit. There are times I've thought I'd do better to attempt screenwriting or something where the dialogue is the star since I have to force myself to remember to add the background details of a scene.

Ahem...anyway...enough about me. Please let us know if you have any questions, we're always happy to be of help. Most importantly though, settle in and HAVE FUN!!

Reactions: s p o o k
Hello and welcome back to the wonderful world of roleplaying! O:

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I loved reading your own thoughts on what I said in the OP. It was really appreciated; thank you again! I hope to see you around on the site! ^^

Hello Asphyxia :D welcome to Iwaku, glad to have you~ <3!

The characters are my favorite things about any story, really :D I can enjoy a bad story with great characters, but not a good story with bad characters, if that makes sense. They're the gateway into the world, you experience it through them!