PepMCGc.jpg

Yumi felt relieved after her confrontation with Arkon. While she might be in the hole two favors with a Drow of questionable reputation, she managed to keep her friend out of the mix. At least, in theory. Half the time, these sorts of deals end with everyone stabbing each other in the back. However, the potential backstabbing would come later, for now, Yumi wanted more rest.

Although she came to her senses earlier, she did so prematurely. Yumi's body still was run ragged from her mission. With this temporary respite, Yumi allows herself to rest her eyes for a moment, but then they fling right back open. Yumi looks around the room with a concerned glance, looking aimlessly, as if she were searching the area for a hidden enemy. When her eyes pass over the battered Ádalé, Yumi nods her head in confirmation.

Walking over next to the bedside with a yawn, Yumi forgoes the bed prepared for her in favor of a place right by Ádalé's bedside. Leaning her back against the bedframe, the tiny Yumi was practically hidden. Unless you happened to be right on top of her, you might not even know she was there. But, if one could see her, she looked quite at peace.

At least, until an unaware Ádalé stepped right on top of Yumi's tail. While Ádalé fell unceremoniously, likely reinjuring herself, Yumi yelped as she sprung to a tentative awareness from the pain coursing through her sensitive tail. Yumi first seems to withdraw into herself, but before she can even begin to start coping with the pain, her senses are alerted to Ádalé. Almost as if she were not in any sort of pain at all, Yumi leaps to Ádalé's side.

Speaking louder and clearer than normal, "Ádalé, I'm so so sorry. Are you ok?" Yumi's expression seems equal parts concerned and guilty, with eyes focused directly on Ádalé's."

Gw0qp4C.jpg
Taka stood still as the healer finished tending to his wing. And when she stepped away, he could feel more than just a weight on his back. He could feel his wing once more. And he could move it to boot. Actually move it, not just watch it twitch as he strains. He extended his formerly missing wing so he knew for certain that it was still there, almost feeling like this was all a dream, like the ones he had shortly after he had lost his wing in the first place.

As he was admiring himself, he noticed a young engineer approach him and introduce himself as Thomas. "Please, call me Taka." he said as he folded his wing against his back. He then took the magitech scope from the young engineer. "I'm sure I can figure out what this contraption can do." With that, he turned and left the infirmary. Grabbing his rifle, he wen off to one side of the encampment. There was only one way to find out what this was all about, and that was to use it.

Aiming at empty buildings and trash, he begins firing off round after round. Soon he found something strange. There was a strange sort of line that appeared to extend from the barrel of his gun. The scope itself had nothing special about it, there wasn't even a cross hair. But wherever that line ended, that was where his shot went. "Oh, this could be useful." he muttered to himself as he ejected the casing of his last shot.

ZjPb2CR.png

"If it were readily in view I would have found it long ago, the sword was proof enough that it was here, but now it is lost to time once more, unless you find it on the way down.." The old man says in reply, giving a shrug, he had been here many years.

For his part the Orc simply stares, then suddenly walks over, laying both hands on Venrid. "Oi Ummie! I wanna see wut was were that light wuz!" the Greenskin says, as he shoves Venrid aside, gripping into the tree stump with both hands, he rips and pulls, straining as his skin seems to turn read, with a hefty pull, the tree stump is uprooted and thrown, when suddenly the ground below Venrid begins to crumble leading back to the tree stump. Caving in Venrid is sent falling into the darkness below a few meters, landing with a thud, magic lanterns powered by crystals come to life, lighting a long descending hallway.

A shout of MY HOUSE! Could be heard from above fallowing by a heavy crashing sound as the Tree Stump more likely than not had smashed the old Sage's home.

Jumping down with the old man in his arms Gorgutz seems almost triumphed in his bizarre way of finding the tomb. "Uhhuhuahahaha! Look Ummie! We Finds it!" Stepping forward, a weighted golden skull is atop a Pedestal.

"Okay Ser Gorgutz we need to find a weighted stone and switch the pa-"

Before he can finish the Orc simply screams smashing two hands into the pedestal and it's skull, smashing the masonry work into the ground and the skull with it. A whirling of cogs and the clanking of steel can be heard as a large boulder drops.. before impacting into the broken masonry work and into the ground below, causing a door to drop behind it unveiling the tomb and it's riches. Gorgutz not caring less scratches his ass before snorting in contempt.

"Now wez gotta go get da herbs and Devil's Balloons."

"But Ser Orksen surely you must want some of the wealth we are allowed before we hand it over to the national museu-"

"I SAID FOOD UMMIE USE YER NOGGIN FER LISTEN, All da Gold in ere didn't help him live, now did it?" The Orc says pointed a finger at an armored Skeleton with a crown. "Oi Venrid, don't take noth'n off that fellah. He smells funneh...we leaven ere once we're done, dah egghead will go wit us and well tell em big breetchus about did in dah city.. Fortune down here, 4% for yah is still lotz."

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL2taMkhjb1IuanBnIn0.rx0DTLcdR5uRKrWeQHDs6EMGtzI

Specific Mentions of: @Miya | Cera
Status quo. But every moment, every dagger throw, Sonya was understanding a little better and she had infinite ammo while this guy had a limit on how many needles and knives he could throw. And close combat worked better for her. But a war of attrition wouldn't work.

So when Abu flew in close to hit her vitals, she seized the moment best she could by seeing how he lashed out. What was his priority. Her knife deflected most, and she tried to wait for her next strike. As they leaped from ledge to ledge, Sonya knew she wasn't going to win an acrobatics-off. She was already tired.

"Aw, come on. I thought you were better than that. Guess that I should up the stakes some more."

So she stopped and threw her knife best she could at where Abu was, prepared to miss. People get sloppy in victory, after all.

The second he appeared to slash at her, the moment she saw him solidly, Sonya would pull her knife back with the grapple gun and use it to slash at him, for a change. While he charged, Sonya could get in a hit with her free hand. The set up would take too long, and while the knife wasn't far away it wasn't like there wouldn't be a delay.

Sliding her foot back, she probably had seconds before the apparent guard opening on her part would draw him in. Worst case, this was risky. She loses the fight. Best case, she injures the Drow and suddenly he can't play at the status quo anymore. She wins, then goes to help Cera or the refugees.

Either way, Sonya was going to run out of energy before the Drow, and she needed to shift the fight, now. Something needed to change.

"I should mention, my knife isn't my main weapon."

GEnMHix.jpg

A pained groan escaped Ádalé's lips as she heard a familiar voice speak to her, but she was not able to identify the source just yet. For the moment, she was focused on enduring her body's reactions as she tried to make out the person who was talking to her. Said girl had a small stature, purple eyes, black hair, a slender body and more importantly, cat ears along with a tail. And while the initial fog of the pain was enough to distract the knight from her, Ádalé could recognise Lughanta's fragile-looking, meek girl at almost any time. Not that they had spoken much, but rather, she had stuck out from the rest of the crew as if she was a sore thumb. Both because of how she looked and behaved.

"...Yumi?" asked Ádalé as she considred the girl before her. Then she managed an almost motherly smile. "It's fine. I should've been more careful." She was not coherent to assemble the whole situation in her mind yet, but she was sure she had done something to upset Yumi just moments before. Hopefully, the girl would forgive her and as much as she would have loved to sit down a little with her, a dull pain reminded Ádalé of her situation. She still had absolutely no clue as to where she was or how she got here. On the plus side, she now had an ally by her side. One whom she did not know well, but an ally nevertheless.

"Are you all right?" she ended up asking as she collected herself, slowly moving to sit down on the hard floor rather than spreading out like she had done just moments before. It was almust excruciating after that fall, not to mention because of the way her bandages moved, but the knight managed to keep up her gentle smile through the ordeal. "I hope I didn't hurt you with... whatever happened." Genuine concern filled the woman's voice as she gave Yumi a once-over with her eyes now that she could focus better.

9RXcjbO.jpg
It was that easy? Or was it not? Eve knew that there would be a catch sooner or later. For now though, she merely had a grin plastered on her face. Her eyes squinting in Agatha's direction. It was interesting, and at the moment, she was quite intrigued by the covnersation with the Captain of the Lughanta.

"Mmmm..."

"Well, then.. With whats coming our way, we both know it's going to be a bumpy ride.. Captain." Standing up, she stretched her arms, sighing in the process, gazing towards the exit for a mere second.

Turning her head slightly to the side, her eyes were red now, rather than brown. "So would that include me as well?" Leaning a bit forward, towards Agatha, she looked into her eyes.

"Would it? Now that I'm a part of the crew?" Laughing, she literally took the glass of wine from Agatha and gulped it down right away. A refreshing sound escaped her lips.

"I'm sorry, I'm just quite energetic today."

"And I can see that this wine--" Eve glanced at the empty glass before continuing.. "Is exquisite.. Nice taste.."

"Shall we?.. Head towards the Lughanta? I'm dying to meet the rest.." Eve was obviously not speaking the truth. At the very least, she'll stay with the crew and do what she can in order to prevent the Empire from making all of Bumi pro-human. Impossible in her mind, but one could never know what those sly humans were up to.

"Oh and.. I've no idea what raven you're talking about." A soft laugh escaped her lips, but it was evident that the creepy bird Agatha referred to, was actually hers. No worries though, even that bird would be helpful to the crew. "And I also can't promise you I wont feed off of the crew.. Haha.. Just joking.."

"Lead the way, Captain."

PepMCGc.jpg
GEnMHix.jpg

Yumi seemed a bit surprised as Ádalé addresses her by name. Yumi never met Ádalé in proper conversation before, so she was left to wonder what inspired Ádalé to take note of her name. Regardless, Yumi seemed more relaxed after realizing that she didn't seriously injure Ádalé, but a look of guilt hangs across Yumi's gaze. Retreating into her usual demeanor, "I think, you probably tripped over my tail. But, umm, don't worry about me. I'm used to that sort of thing. I just, I was really worried about you, so I wanted to stay close to you, but since I didn't think you'd be able to get up and walk around right away.... I'm sorry that I got you hurt again."

Ádalé frowned at Yumi's insistence that she had not been hurt despite what the girl said. The knight may not have injured her seriously, but that did not mean she could not feel guilty about what had happened and as such, she flashed Yumi an apologetic smile. That was the least she deserved for waiting on Ádalé and having Ádalé step on her tail, even though it was technically the girl's fault that the knight ended up in this situation in the first place. Regardless, there were perhaps greater concerns to be addressed as of this time. "No, please don't worry about it. I wasn't injured that badly and I'm sorry that I stepped on your tail," lied the knight through her teeth, though at least she seemed to be genuinely convinced by her own falsehood. In reality, if Yumi had seen when Ádalé collapsed, she would know that the knight was severely bruised. "But, I think there are more pressing issues at hand. Do you know where we are, Yumi? And is it really friendly?" Ádalé's voice was filled with genuine curiousity without a trace of pain. Hell, even the slight cheer in her voice along with her straight posture seemed to be the real deal. The picture perfect image of someone in good health.

Contrary to how one would expect Yumi to react, she seemed quite sad to hear what Ádalé had to say. A conflicted look crosses Yumi's face, like the one your friend makes when they aren't sure if they should tell you that you have something on your face. This look only comes about briefly however, before returning to Yumi's traditionally aloof resting expression. "I don't know if I'd call it friendly but... I guess it is safe for now. We should probably get back to the others when you are better rested." Yumi turns away from Ádalé. In the moment that she does, Yumi's aura feels different. It almost felt like she was about to simply walk out of the house alltogther, even though there were no true signs that was the case yet.

Oh. So it was not exactly friendly territory unlike what Ádalé had hoped, but whoever owned this place was good enough to rescue her. That was all that made a decent person in her opinion; even if she had no idea how they would treat other people, surely, someone who is capable of such mercy would not be a cruel master. Regarldess of what she thought, however, the fact remained that Yumi was speaking the truth: they needed to get out of here as soon as possible. Which, if she had anything to say, would be right now. "Let's get right to it, then, Yumi," spoke the knight as she once more hauled herself onto her feet with a gargantuan effort. Her whole body felt like it had been just set on fire, but she ignored it. "But I think I owe at least a thank you to the person who rescued me. Do you know where I could find them?"

Last edited by a moderator:
fD0T8YH.jpg

"I got legs yah know."

Was the only quip Venrid managed before the ground beneath him abruptly gave way. Met suddenly with the sensation of falling through air and over taken by darkness, he shouted on the way down before flipping in his disorder to land on hard pieces of cobble below. Knocking wind out of him with a wheeze and doing a number on his back. He froze a moment after impact before rolling over to return to his feet. Clutching his lower spine despite doing nothing for the pain, the place abyss around him suddenly began to light up.

" Heh... Gotta be daft to sleep on tha fucker fer fifteen years. Yah?" He said looking up to the hole he had just fell through.

Grinning, he took in the various decorated carvings on the wall and the mason work features preserved for centuries. Much like walking into a medieval dungeon from the pristine streets of the Fraulian Kingdom, it was a bit of a sensory shock. Accompanied by high ceilings and wide corridors the group after a short scuffle due to the means of entrance, soon encountered a strange pedestal that was swiftly shattered to pieces by the dimwitted green skin. Making way for the boulder up top as it bound for them, Venrid was the only one who hid, choosing a small crevice of the hall. After the coast was clear and stumbling upon the trove of treasure behind the other two, he shouldered past and remarked.

"Well, seems yah weren't lying old man. Looka dis shit. ... Right small fortune it is! Haha"

Starting to dig before the others could make for it, he quickly grabbed a jeweled scimitar that had somehow weathered the centuries in a dusty golden scabbard. Slipping it through a loop in his clothing he started to hunt for rings, any with large jewels. Finding several and a necklace with a giant diamond, he tore his gloves off and adorned his hands and neck. Crafting several makeshift coin purses from scraps of cloth and vines from above he loaded them to their bursting point before tying the mounds of golden florin to his waist. Satisfied with the haul he turned to leave, but stopped at the old man's corpse. Heeding the word of the Ork, he didn't go for his grown as his senses told him there was something off about it as well. However, the rather dull shield at his feet he did pick up as a souvenir, to the old man's annoyance.

"Hold on there sir. That is of historical importance, it must be given to the Museum and preserved for the written records."

"I told yah this already yah bag o bones. Taking what I want and this shield is mine less you wonna take it from meh. Hmm?"

With a glare and fierce tone in his voice, the old man backed off without another word. Choosing to take a hurt expression and look to what was left of the treasure room. His eyes watered a bit before a wry smile cracked the wrinkled folds of his mouth. Taking another few looks around and clasping his hands together, it hit him with a nod that the last fifteens some odd years of his life had amounted up to what was before him.

"I-I'll be with you two gentleman shortly."

Choosing to stay behind and go over the things and search for the rest of the ruins, it was a good hour before the three of them met up and left for the Lughanta. Dropping the old man off on his back after a half way trek of carrying him. Venrid was the first and only to spend the rewards of the haul after a few troublesome hours in the kitchen with the Ork's cooking. Laving the cooking crew and several mercs impressed and wanting more. He slinked out back to Kingdom of Fraulia, and found his way back to the pub he had visited just a few days earlier. Surprising the red headed waitress from before with the biggest diamond she'd ever lain eyes on.

The following moments lead up to a long night with the woman in tow with several others. Mostly local thieves and the criminal sort, but also a few of the pubs regulars. After making a fortune on the Scimitar and rings, Venrid ended up buying a lot of land within the city. Turning the rather modest local into a den for music and drinking. He hired a few bards to play the whole night before taking to the streets in a ton of fowl play. The moderately drunken lot caused a roar among the peaceful nightlife of the city before facing trouble from the on duty guardsmen. Fitting Venrid for his earlier crimes, the giddy Merc tried to bribe the man to let things be, only to realize soon after that he took the money only to call in for back up.

Turning into a bloody mess on a scale larger than the last time. He was forced to flee for the docks yet again and leave all but a single purse of golden florin behind. Content with that and the fun he'd managed, it was only much later that his mood was dampened by the realization that the purse was empty, having been shot through with an arrow. Cursing his luck as his habit was too, all that remained of the wealthy adventure was the shield he'd left aboard the ship and the hazy memories that followed.

Primordial Battle

fu0PTFG.jpg

Azrael of Light VS Wraith of Darkness
As the battle for Somnus control waged on in the many various corners of the dark hollowed cave, units surrounding the Cabal's tower were held at a standstill by casualties fighting an unknown enemy heavily guarding its perimeter. Fighting centered on the shadow side of the tower, all advances had been met with fierce counteroffensive. When celestials and holy knights eventually brightened the path to fallen comrades and pushed forward toward the inner shell, they were quickly ambushed by remaining shadows and forced to retreat.

Those attempting to scale the buildings alighted side were equally deterred or upon entering not heard from again. The ascended circling in the sky, just as blind as those on the ground, shared the same thought that a considerable force had been rallied and pulled to protect the bastion of old Somnus from the iron grip of order and justice. Relaying the situation to superiors the invading force were lagged into standing by the wayside for further orders and reinforcements.

__________________________________________________________________________________​

"Hmm. Have the Regiments standby. I shall handle this personally. Retrieve the wounded, a great evil sleeps here.. While the lot of you could beat it, the casualties are beyond what I deem acceptable."

Azrael says to his junior aide, turning his attention towards the ruined tower. Something Fearsome was here, and his title wasn't merely for show, such a presence had to be eradicated and archived for future study.

Taking to the sky the Celestial lowers himself in his thick plate armor for all forces to see.

"Hark! I call unto thou! Wretched creature hiding in the shadows surrender now or be dragged into the Light!" Sweeping his lance in a low arc through his right hand, the Commander of the Liberation Army hovers in place waiting for any sort of reaction, until this point he had sat back allowing his underling and subordinates to fight and in some cases die for the sake of this conflict, so his own appearance onto the field could be interpreted in a number of ways to say the least.

__________________________________________________________________________________​

... … …

"Heh heh hah hah… ... It has been many a year from last I was said to be dragged into the Light. Yet I remain. … ... I welcome you instead to the Dark. Young priest. Your men … prove troublesome to keep breathing."

Emitted in replay, from the barrier between shadow and light just beyond the tower's edge, a voice echoed back from the darkness and addressed the hovering Celestial, with a presence that suggested it originated from all directions. The tone gravelly, and manner of speech wry, if anything could be surmised of the opposer it was the hint of age and experience.

Saying no more nor acting on the commands of his forceful opponent, the following silence proved its owner had no intention of revealing their form or giving up the field advantage.

"Priest is it? What a curious choice of words." Says the armored commander. "More so a Young one, flattery will get thou nowhere I'm afraid."

Glancing down at the tower, Azrael remains calm, focusing on the shadows rather than the sound. "Your tricks hold no power over me. One way or another though shalt pay for thy crimes." Turning his glance momentarily the Commander motions toward his aide with his spear in hand.

"Delay collecting the wounded and the dead..something troublesome even by the Infernals Law lays here, heed not his voice."

Radiating golden wings upon the ground below him, Azrael rather doubted the coward would face him directly, at least not yet while he held the higher ground, troublesome and crafty..

"Show yourself Demon, thou mightest answer to other names or a species even, but you are not of Luna or Sol, but the Evil that sleepeth in the hearts of man!"

"Young for such a duty. ... It is of no shock to have commanders lined with a decaying breed. Would you not agree?"

The voice only continued to echo and further lengthen the conversation in the face of the demands otherwise. With no sign of a break from their side it seemed there would be none in their opponent's. Displaying patience or familiarity for these sort of situations the voice kept a casual tone even as a prodding light was thrust into the darkness.

"And what crimes may those be? I called out for your men to leave yet they chose instead to attack."

"Heh heh heh heh ... ... Quite perceptive. I see now why it is you hold such rank. Aye, I am but a mere man. ... ... However. Man is terrifying beyond measure to any Demon or Angel that may hope to rival him. We understand death well, far more than their stock and know how too foolish it is clinging to such a petty object as life. ... ... Hmph. As you wish."

At those words cast from the dark, a figure began to move against its background near the edge of the divide between divine and ungodly. A step at a time, the sound of dirt and rubble kicked aside filling the silence, a silhouetted figure soon breached the barrier and left the dark for the light. Nonetheless, entering upon the realm of knowing sight it remained all too blanketed in a mask of shadow.

Without face or detail to determine its fighting capability, the figure stopped just a foot shy from the shadows behind it. It's own merged to the larger, things appeared as if the enemy had finally revealed themselves in this mysterious shady black form that remained still and directly opposed to surrender.

"Hmph Thou art no man. Shade of the damned.. Though yea have the right of it with my kin, though for a human to know so much of death mayhap I should send you to the otherside. Surrender or rejoin the Flow."

"St-Wait!" Calling out to his men, one lifts the rifle, shooting the shadowy figure. Dropping to the ground with shadows dissipating, the Commander holds his left hand up, summoning light into his right and down into the lance. "Stand your ground and hold! Cretin hiding behind the innocent, neither a Child of Luna or Sol, your intent is clear, puppeteer most foul, feel the righteousness of a Son of Heaven!" With a mighty swing of the lance, the Commander swings at the base of the stricken tower, landing as he does so. A golden lance of holy light penetrates into the brickwork, cutting through the tower a good ways through causing a portion to collapse.

Held up by little more than half remaining supports and the grace of a higher power, with the portion of the tower cut the rest followed as it tumbled and was reduced into a larger, but shorter mess than originally. Rocking the tower perimeter with vibrations and the winding screeches of steel giving under immense pressure, the shadows soon disappear and in their place a cloud of smoke envelops the area.

Taking several minutes to dissipate and return to the ground, first to appear from the smokescreen is the body of a fellow soldier. Laying now where the dark figured had been standing earlier and shot, its lifeless body stood a testament to the mysterious foes words who now had little to block his features. With the cloud gradually shortening up to his shadow within, he could be heard speaking again but without the help of the shadows to amplify his words.

"I merely spoke truth. ... We are fated to battle, it is you who folly in wait. Know their blood rests on your hand, and discover discretion."

1ec8f82253c6ef0e6f03e46357ceb5fd-d9sv3sv.jpg

As the dust cleared and made way for the light, the words of the celestial up high came to be truth in more way than one. Appearing nothing in the likeness of a human appearance, the thing to stand and stare back at them was hard to take for a human being. It's cold metal exterior held no warmth nor made any reference to human design.The sockets where a human's eye set and allowed them to see from a mass of iron only shown the darkness that emanated from within.

The jagged protrusions and serrated shards that grew from limb and covered the body hinted at no other purpose than to maim and make contact impossible. In place of a mouth with which words were spoken only a locked jaw remained, in which a voice could only escape without use of a tongue. Skeletal in body, and with numerous hollow points, the passing wind echoed the wails of souls past and slain. The darkened mist radiating off his sword and forming a skull within its vapors spoke only of death.

The figure standing before them could be seen as a Shinigami. A God of Death. Nowhere was there a shred of humanity that had been voiced earlier about its struggle. No further could one's imagination paint such an opponent without flesh, hair, and discernible human features.

In spite of words, he clearly could not be viewed as anything other than a monster. Something from the eternal abyss with which primordial man hid away from in groups around fire and the only known source of light. A force of reckoning more than a man, and one who now stood solidly in the face of overwhelming odds.

Taking advantage of the moment's hesitation on the part of the Celestial's infantry, the figure raised his left hand in the air before it shown an ominous and threatening shade of red. Cloaking his body and making the once clear features a blurred mess by the distortion of light in the wake of shadow, he prepared himself as a difficult target. Simultaneously hands slowly emerged from what shadows surrounded him.

Lifting up debris of various size and weight, they began to chuck them with great strength and speed toward the Celestial. Being not particularly well aimed, many of them would fly by the cautious and keen warrior. Though, it remained to be seen if the now present chunk of debris whizzing by him, with it a hairpin sized shadow to his naked eye, but a giant scythe to any above him, would succeed at removing his head.

"So a corruption to the natural flow, be it by sorcery or dark acts, a corruption of the natural order of things."

While the corrupted being had called him young, his experiences ranked him only second to his people's ruling government, spending much of his time observing the battles of man, recording it for the archives. Though he had never seen such a being, there had been cases of them in the past, born of times of strife and hatred, unnatural in its being. A myth and nothing more, one that needed to be kept buried… It would be correct enough to say this was just a form of Infernal from a point of view and so it officially would be.

Naturally this being would attempt some other sort of attack with use of misdirection and taunting and so it did. However Azrael was no stranger to violence and misdirection, more so the later. Copying a trick from the others book the Celestial hits a section of the oncoming fragments causing it to tumble into the oncoming scythe strike. Saying nothing to taunt the dark fighter, the commander switches his attention towards battering and clearing away rubble from his immediate area, to force a direct duel.

"Hah. ... What nature creates is only for man to conquer. Is that not the natural way of it? ... A lesser man would have fallen. Hmm."

... ... ...

"Come. I see now petty misdirection will not be enough."

In a noble gesture, perhaps unbecoming of the creature before the Celestial. The shadows that once threw debris with killing intent now took to gingerly clearing a path for him so that the two may meet upon equal footing. Flinging rocks and boulders a fair distance ahead of the Commander's approach, there seemed at last that the time for trickery was past, and only the time to test individual strength remained.

As the Celestial decided on whether to proceed or hold his ground, the Infernal as he seemed to think, stood still in confident anticipation. Not even bothering to raise his sword in preparation, it more seemed he was waiting on the priest to make the first move. Using his abyssal powers on the debris surrounding himself a sizable ring soon materialized from the rubble where they could do battle. Encircled several yards in every direction by what remained of the tower, it would appear to now act as barrier.

With one step too close spelling defeat for the holy warrior. And if he managed to push back his adversary and forced him to retreat, then victory would be had.

"Or man could learn to coexist with it." Azrael says simply in response. Watching as the arena was thrown up, the Commander had no reason or intention of having an honorable battle unlike many of his kin. But at the same time this thing likely had accounted on his reaction on way or the other, it also obscured the battle from others. Letting how a tired, if not disappointed sigh, the Archangel stares at his foe, double bladed lance at his side.

"You do know you have no hope of winning, yes? I don't mean you personally, but the Cabal, most of them are dead, a couple are sitting in my prisons. And it has nothing to do with us. You were losing to the Kharlanians, and it had nothing to do with that Battleship of theirs, you antagonized and preyed on the helpless. You made mention of taming nature, of bending it. Well behold the results of cornering a beast. Utter annihilation… This very War in different places has played out many a time, and you are nothing more than a creature born of it. A corruption." Swinging the lance with an energy blast much like Sorina's toward the figure, Azrael was fairly displeased with this battle and more than a bit angry.

"Even the most foul of Infernals hold more light and beauty in their lives than you. Be gone to the Abyss from whence you came!"

As the wall of pure light and energy barreled toward the Infernal figure, it stood ground and raised its open palm. Radiating a faint red light in contrast to the approaching particles of cleansing might, a tear in space seemed to occur to those watching, but that would be incorrect to say. In actuality the properties of darkness, of nature's design, were made to bend their will to a higher will and intention. Soon spiraling and creating a vortex that consumed the very air around it, the light collided with the black hole and bent under its pressure. Squeezed into the fine pinpoint at the gauntlet's center it seemed to disappear right into the creature's being.

Expecting the result or perhaps not caring for it, the wave of energy from the Celestial only continued to intensify as the exchange persisted. Being slowly pushed back by the force of the wave and hand wavering in the face of its sheer concentration, the Infernal was the first to show signs of struggle in the battle of power. Calling forth hands from his shadow cast on the ground and those on his back, they helped support him from the ground and propped him up from behind. Wavering in body, but not in mind his voice remained stoic.

"It is not my place to win this battle... I care not for the Cabal, or the Kharlan. Nor do I care for the trifles of your nation. I am a being with a sole purpose which I must see to fulfill... It is man's simple destiny that drives him to grasp greatness and be regarded as formidable and noble. Not an existence that fritter away time in watching and waiting before clouding everything with "divinity".

But I see my words are but lost to the dark echos of ignorance…

Resting on deaf ears, that do not permit entry except by filter long held in place by your elders. Beyond which a sea of arrogance unfit for its trickling beginnings crashes against all manner of resistance...

Mayhaps, centuries from now. You will learn that age and experience are not cornerstones of wisdom as portrayed to be. Understanding one's fate... is the first step. Nature is not the molder nor the owner. She is the product of an even greater fate than us all. Our being are not hers to keep nor our fates destined...

There is far yet much for you to learn...."

Standing steady against the assaulting ray of energy, the Infernal raises his sword as if preparing to strike. Holding the tip behind him and out of view, he awaits the next move and prepares for a direct confrontation.

"Is that so?"

Ending his probing attack, it was perhaps time to get physical to see if it produced a better effect.

"There is a balance in a great many things. Long have I witnessed the antics of your kind. And others, dark and light, light and dark, death and life. As to destiny it always has one common end, even for immortals. I am the Chief Librarian outside of my Militant duties. Regardless of how interesting this topic might be I can only watch and observe the mission given to me."

It wasn't his words that made him dangerous, Azrael had always been one to long observe humans and infernals among others, watching their small conflicts play out, not totally to the doctrine was why he was a General and not a Member of the Council.

"While I would like to debate this with you and my own views from battles and the Divine scripture, I rather doubt you came to talk, there would be easier ways to do such with me. Though I view the lives of all on this world akin to the mayfly in a manner.. Well enough of that, let's finish what you started"

Drawing his blade up, it was now time for a physical assault, point on and direct. Lance in hand, the Celestial deploys his wings to gain a little lift and freedom to maneuver, going in with a series of over and underhanded swings to force a crushing in close melee.

Evading an overhead swing with a side step and ducking back from the following underhanded one, the Infernal is left wide open from his abnormal position. Maintaining his ground in the face of the quick succession of strikes he dares to step forward as the tip of the lance goes through his skull. However, meeting no resistance and passing out the other side it is immediately clear that the mirage cast before is the cause.

Watching as the lance is withdrawn in preparation for yet another strike, the abyssal chooses to act. Swinging his sword that was held up and behind his back, it arches forward just as the lance is thrust forward. However, unlike before the Celestial would find that the blade was three times its length, well enough the distance of his lance, and aimed at his neck.

"Yet more trickery.. I grow tired of you foul creature! Die!"

Not bothering to deal with the blow directly, the Celestial adjust his angle just enough to allow his massive shoulder plates to intercept the blow. His thick armor was not just for show. Ringing out with a loud clang, the blade hit's the ceremonial armor, catching on the neck guard, which was designed purely with these situations in mind, grabbing hold of the blade with his left, the Celestial Commander glares beneath his helmet, right arm moving up with the lance to score another blow.

"The shadows are frightening because they deceive you. An enemy unknown is the worst to face, as is your case."

At the utterance of these words and at complete risk of impalement the Infernal's gauntlet pulsates in its ominous glow. Signalling a change to the battlefield, but one not all too obviously seen, it quickly made apparent just what to the Celestial across from him. The end of his now ridiculously long blade was not metal, but shadow, fashioned in its shape and strength. Reacting to the pulse that ran down the length of its vapor surface, the power that held its form collapsed and swiftly shifted.

Expanding with sharp tipped tendrils in all general directions, the blade went from a straight line to a cactus in a matter of seconds. Though, as if possessing a will independent from its owner, the now tarish substance made to attack the Celestial;s helmet. Going for the eye slits and oozing in through the cracks between the armor and its wearer, it seemed to amble inside as his lance thrust was aptly deflected and the Infernals blade edge withdrawn.

"Hmph..Don't think you've won foul beast. Thou shalt fall on this day."

Using his powers the Celestial summons light from within himself burning away the shadow within his helmet with overwhelming light, shining even from his eyes.

"Thou knowest not what thine have awakened."

"Celestial. Did you know? Light can be exceedingly blind just as the dark."

Standing relaxed and with sword lowered at his side. The Infernal's stance told of what was to about to come before everything suddenly vanished. As if someone had blown out the sole candle in a dark room, the area around the arena became a cage of absolute darkness. Where one could not even see the hand that lie in front of them and whose eye strained to make out even shapes but only manifested white noise.

Unable to do things quickly, or at least of great size. The cage of darkness now surrounding them had started off as a mere a hair's thickness from the ring edge. Growing outward, and in the shape of a large thin wall, the fight had been a distraction among other things as this cage slowly took shape. Once connected at the top and receiving support from the shadows created by the arena itself, like a window curtain fully open being swiftly shut. The walls folded together in the instant it took for the Celestial to clear his sight and unknowingly blind it. Merging together while shutting out the surrounding light. It cast a shadow even among the confines of itself, and the entire ground was a infinite drop into nothingness.

Outside the faint glow of the Celestial's wings was an abyss. Where in his opponent had been standing just moments ago, was now empty and void of space. Appearing to keep his distance within the cage, silent in step and with ample movement despite his hulking figure, the Infernal did not attack immediately. Instead with trusted patience it looked as to what his opponent would do before acting.

In that moment, what black oozing shadow remained upon the Commander's helm was quickly seized and conjoined to the shadows of above. With swiftness mimicking the abrupt change in scenery it was uprooted and torn off the Celestial's body to reveal silver locks and a rather a young face. Watching the commanders reactions to this move ,the low octave laugh came once more, but would feel as if it were now pressed up against his very face.

"It is useless to struggle. You are in my domain."

With those words, as if to prove his point the surrounding darkness squeezed in on the commander paying no heed to the light he radiated. Inching ever closer by the second and seeming to have no end, when it was to creep up the surface of his armor and blanket him, the Infernal appeared right before his face.

Making his presence known from behind his shield wall of darkness that shrouded him from view, the gauntlet from before, glowing as red hot as embers from a pit of fire, with uncharacteristic coldness and firmness latched onto the Commander's face before opening a vortex. Aimed with a sinister purpose in mind, it soon inhaled the air from his lungs, the light from his sight, and the sounds from his surroundings. Cutting off all sense aside from that of touch, it began to drain the most important thing to a living being's existence. Their Mana. The very essence of their life force.

Taking on the ghostly shape of a golden glow instead of the typical white of humans, the Infernal laughed as it took the sight in with immense satisfaction. His pre-planned acts and goal of attaining a mass of magical energy were finally complete.

"If you wish to have the light, then BATHE IN IT, FOUL DEMON!"

Amplifying his own energy and magic power, it seemed the Celestial General had more than a little power to expel. Beaming a bright light of pure energy from within and without, it was much like the destructive power Laura had used long before, but on a whole other scale with some ability to control it while preserving his body. All the while the vortex had tried to absorb it, neither it nor the arena could keep pace. In a thunderous explosion the arena is flattened as the laughing figure of the shadowy being ceases to exist. Leaving a final Cryptic message.

"So Darkness is everywhere is it.."

While unsure if the foe was truly vanquished or had simply melted away, there was no point in causing a scene, though it had stirred something in the Lord Commander. Holding his blade into the air he lets out a shout of victory with the scarred and burnt out helmet of his opponent on his blade.

Now would begin the real task, but one thing was for sure, Azrael would likely be sitting out any further battles.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Izurich