SHATTERED REALM: Atonement

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Jays

Olives and Fear
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male

yVxwUET.png

CpFgIbq.png

Aeon. Beautiful, lush, radiant Aeon. If paradise could have a name, if utopia could have a face.

My beautiful Aeon.

No more.

The world is broken. Corrupted, defiled, enslaved. Magic itself drains life out of reality like a parasite sucking blood. Desecration stretches from the horizon to the end of the world, civilization lost under sand and dust. The land is cruel and hopeless, unforgiving deserts under unforgiving sun.

Sorcerer-Kings reside over their metropolis of slaves and rubble, slumbering darknesses devouring the very light that nurtures hope, masters of ruination itself. Humanity is dead, kindness butchered. There is not enough of Man left to despair.

The world is dying. My world is dying.
I beg you, save it. In the name of all that is good and kind, save it.

You are hope incarnate.

Art credits: Shahab Alizadeh
JJCanvas
Concept inspired/derived from Dark Sun

Damn, this looks cool o.o putting tentative interest out there and awaiting further details~

• Love
Reactions: Jays
Color me interested OwO

• Love
Jays, why? Now I'm interested.

• Love
Ooooh... Cooooools...

Interested fo'sho!!^^!!

• Thank You
Standard fantasy turned on it's head? I'll keep an eye upon this

• Thank You
I told myself I wouldn't join something new
But
this is too intriguing not to speak forth my interest.

*colours self with intrigue marker*

• Love
I like the pitch but I need more details.

• Thank You
Reactions: Astroblaze and Jays
I like the pitch but I need more details.

More or less this. I'm really thirsty for a cool fantasy romp, but I have a hard time visualizing the specifics right now. Still, I wanna express cautious interest. :)

• Thank You
Not making any promises just yet, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

I'm interested, yuuus

upload_2018-7-18_8-18-5.png

Would it be incorrect to say: this sounds remarkably thematically similar to the Dark Souls franchise? Because... if it's along those sort of lines, I'm possibly interested, though I'd want to know more about the setting of course.

Working on the details, I've got them all in my head, just gotta find the time and energy to write them all down.
As for Dark Souls, I don't know about that. I've never played any of the Dark Souls games. This is inspired and honestly heavily based on the D&D 1 and 2 Dark Sun Campaign Settings, but the more I worked on it the more different they become so I ditched the name and all the baggage and expectation that may come with it.

I will possible have it all done by Friday, sooner if the tour I'm in slows down enough.

Thank you all for your interests, I appreciate them a lot.

Also very interested! :D

Interested but would also need to see more details before committing. :)

As soon as I saw the tag "high fantasy", I ran over here. I don't even care about the details, just gimme a spot

I'm also looking forward for this. And a couple of questions: What kind of characters are you exactly looking for? What are your expectations from the players?

So is the tone very grim? I have no experience with Dungeons and Dragons, but I always visualized it as fairly "normal" high fantasy. Is this more on the adventurous and magical end of the spectrum, or very dark and serious, like Berserk?