Set Sail to the Seven

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"No problems Captain". Scrubz said with a salute. He glanced at the doctor and hoped he wouldn't find himself as his test studies, a vampire with a beating heart is not heard off.

He nodded to everyone on deck to acknowledge them, then thought of Kaia in the kitchen and thought he would quickly grab something to munch on before getting in the nest. He ran down to the kitchen and noticed Kia covered in flour. Scrubz stopped in his tracks and laughed loudly still with a smile "Sorry Kaia I couldn't help myself, whatcha got I need to get to my post"

Ashlyn gave Cerno a head tilt as she debated on where to send the man. After a moment of unblinking silence.
"Go see if Miss Ellen needs any help with organizing the crew." She finally ordered softly. She turned back to Trilk and blinked at the set up. A smile crossed her lips. "It seems as if you're quite prepared." She praised before taking a step closer to look down at what he had. Her eyes glanced over the documents and she refrained from making a face as she realized she couldn't read the blasted thing. She looked up at the fae man. "Perhaps we should start where the legend originates and go from there?" she inquired, hands going to rest on her hips as she relaxed. Humans where scuttling around, either to breakfast or from it. "If my memory serves, the legend sprung up earlier in the old Swarterian Capital." She remarked lightly. The city had been abandoned for hundreds of years, hardly anyone remembered a way to get into it's walls. The Siren watched Trilk to judge his reaction at the news.

As Scrubz laughed Kaia turned on him the look in her eyes was one of amusement Laughing herself she looked down at herself "This is why I don't cook very often"

Kaia had been watching the humans coming and going as they got there food and rushed off to get on with what ever jobs they had been given, Looking back up to Scrubz she laughed again "I think it maybe a good idea for me to get changed" with that said she walked past him but without him noticing she had picked up some of the flour and as she passed him she blew it in to his face and laughed harder. "That will teach you for laughing at me" she said with a wink as she walked up to one of the humans in the kitchen and told him to get on with cleaning the kitchen.

Trilk blinked. That was all, he just blinked and looked at the captain. After a long moment of silence he spoke.

"It has been a very long time since I have heard that name." He said softly, "And I must admit I am not pleased to hear it now - "
Without another word he began to reorganize the charts, bells chiming softly as he moved some to one side and several to another. There were three he discarded all together, stacking them neatly under the table. When he was finished he had a sort of map, puzzle pieced together, of one corner of the world.

"They have not added that area to the maps in a very long time," he muttered almost to himself, "not since . . . but it's better not to fall into rumors at this time. Here," and Trilk pulled a stub of graphite from his drawing case and very carefully sketched in a peninsula on the southern edge of one of the smaller land masses. "If I remember correctly, and it has been a very long time, the ruins should be approximately here. And we are . . ." Trilk traced his finger across the charts to their current position and tapped the point so the captain could see.

Scrubz chuckled when he got flour in his face. He brushed what he could of with his hand "You would of laughed as well if you were me Kaia" he said as he walked over and grabbed a waffle and took a bite out of it while Kaia was getting a human to clean the kitchen.

The waffle tasted great "I need to get to my post but these are good waffles, even though you're a messy cook" Scrubz took another bite out of the waffle and waved to Kaia as he made his way back to the deck.

Eating was a habit Unim gotten over. He did eat to fit in, but when alone he certainly would not be chomping down on bread or meat. The taste has just disappeared for him and the years of experimentation had done strange things to his own body. The type of sustenance for survival was something entirely different then the breaking down of materials. Flesh was good and all,, but magic was the delectable part of it. Unim watched them eat merrily. The crew were beginning to eat Kaias cooking. It was all fun and good. Unim even took a delicate bite. It tasted like nothing as usual. Unim smiled as if he tasted food from the cooks of kings. He continued to pick at his food, awaiting something to happen. He hoped the ship would move soon. He watched Trilk draw the map for the captain. He wished for the process to quicken. There was just so much to study and he his patience although quite vast was slowly fading.

Kaia watched from the kitchen as people were coming and going she had set some of the humans to clean up so she was free to leave just as she was walking out she turned "Just remember I may be a mess but I want this kitchen spotless for whom ever cooks the next meal I hope we are understanding each other" she told the two in a stern manner as she walked out of the kitchen and into the mess hall a few men said there thanks and other just looked at her like something they had wiped of there boots, Kaia just smirked at them win win win win her demon purred not a challenge but if it were hell yeah I would win so don't worry your ugly little head she told her demon as she walked out and into the main hall to go to her room to get changed.

The captain made a hming sound as she watched the faes man's finger. It didn't look too far away, but she had never been good with directions or maps. She couldn't read the things usually.
"Well, set a course, that's where we're going." She spoke before she straightened up, she glanced around the ship, it looked like everyone was done eating. She flashed a smile before turning back to Trilk. "I think we're ready when you are." She chirped before she went about bellowing orders for everyone to get to their stations and get ready for set off. She didn't think making a course would take to long, right? The siren went to find Eve, she had a proposition for the girl.

Trilk go to work. He tested the wind, took measurements against the horizon he could see, and did some quick calculations on a spare piece of paper to figure out the ship's best position in relation to the wind that set them in the desired direction.

A moment later he began giving orders to the waiting sailors. He didn't bark or shout, simple stated what he wanted to happen and they did it. Soon enough the ship was easing out of port and navigating it's way to the open sea. He kept her sailing slowly as they navigated past other ships, but as soon as they were in open water he'd take full advantage of the wind (which was currently in their favor) and see what the Ula could do.

As Kaia neared her room she couldn't help but laugh as she watched the humans running around and getting on with the every day tasks that they had been bought on board for she still wasn't going to trust them by any stretch of the imagination she had had way to many dealings with them over the eons that she had been alive. Upon entering her cabin Kaia got undressed and headed for the bathroom to wash off all the flour from cooking "I really am not very good at the whole cooking thing" she said to her reflection as her butterfly tattoo moved and flicked slightly she had got use to her tattoo moving when she had first been entwined with the demon of defeat the tattoo had marked her as a holder just like her brothers and sisters.

With a shake of her head she turned on the tap and cleaned until there was no more signs of the mess she had made while cooking breakfast for everyone. Once she was dry Kaia stepped into her room and grabbed the first clothing to hand a white shirt and brown skirt with a nod of her head she got dressed and placed all of her weapons on her slight frame, with that done Kaia let out a small sigh she always felt better when she could feel the blades against her skin.

Walking out into the hall she went up on to the deck to see whom was around and if the Captain had need for her as she was sure the humans in the kitchen where doing what she had asked of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.