[Samuel x Roman]

s a m u e l​

Samuel curiously peered over when the drop-in made their way in. The guy was very alternative, as a lot of people who came in to the parlour were. He was also very, very, attractive. And apparently someone Roman knew, judging by their interaction. Samuel looked at them, still curiously, but now a little suspiciously until…

Of course, the hot guy with the Brittish accent was Roman's ex. Instantly Samuel felt jealous but he still stood, carrying Harper with him, and went over to shake Cameron's hand, "Samuel," Samuel introduced himself, "But I guess Roman just said that, but yeah, nice to meet you," he was being a little awkward, due to a mix of just being a little awkward and trying to push the jealousy down.

Over the almost ten years of dating Roman Samuel had had plenty of time reflecting on his jealousy. He still hated the emotion and always kind of had, but he still couldn't help it. He knew for a fact that it wasn't uncommon for people with PTSD to have issues with trusting people, and he knew that was part of it, he was always scared someone, or something was going to take Roman from him, and Roman was in part what had gotten him away from the abuse, so his brain just made those connections.

But he knew he couldn't blame it completely on that, he didn't like to use his mental illness as an excuse and wanted to take responsibility for his actions, and he was better at handling it now. He didn't feel like his entire relationship was threatened when some stranger flirted with his husband.

There was always a part of him that got self-conscious when he saw Roman's exes, he couldn't help but compare himself to them. They were all attractive, which wasn't a surprise because Roman was the most gorgeous person on earth. Samuel felt like he himself was pretty average looking. A lot of them were also very alternative, which Samuel clearly wasn't. He knew Roman loved him for who he was, but he supposed the self-consciousness played into the jealousy.

"So uh, you dated? I don't recognize you from around town? So, when was that?" Samuel asked, he tried to make it casual, because he never wanted to deliberately hurt his husband and he genuinely was wondering. But he'd be lying if he said it wasn't to assess how serious that prior relationship had been.

r o m a n

Roman gave Samuel a grateful and affectionate look over the top of Cameron's head. He knew how hard it was for his husband to combat his own jealousy, and it was even harder for him when it came to someone like Cameron, who was alternative, gorgeous and also had dated Roman before Samuel had even known him. So, any attempt to quash that side of him was very much appreciate, especially when it was Cameron, who was nice and a good person and who Roman actually wouldn't mind being friends with.

"We dated for about six months when we were in Year 10," Cameron replied. His voice was civil and conversational, but still carried a bit of that velvety, seductive tone that had always been prevalent in his speech. Cameron was just generally an incredibly flirtatious and romantic person. It was evident in not only his voice, but the way he smouldered up at everyone through his thick eyelashes, and the small smirk that always graced his lips, as if he was considering how you would look on his arm. He was charismatic and enticing, and everyone loved him. That was just how it had always been.

"We stayed friends for a bit after we broke up, but Cameron moved to a fancy private school after Year 10 so that's probably why you didn't see him much. He lived in one of those little towns near ours," Roman explained. He had moved to his chair and had picked up his sketchpad so he could begin to plan out Cameron's tattoo, when they eventually got to it. "So, I refuse to believe you just magically showed up at my tattoo parlour as a walk in."

Cameron laughed, a low and husky sound, and sat on the edge of the tattoo chair. "No, I found out you worked here from my friend who had gotten a tattoo from you, and I guess I just decided to come and see you so we could catch up, because I do regret losing contact with you." Cameron looked over at Samuel and Harper with a smile. "You seem to be doing well for yourself, you've got a husband and a child and a stable job. I'm happy for you, you deserve it."

s a m u e l

Hearing the words six months and year ten certainly didn't do much to ease Samuel's jealousy. Nor did his voice or smile or laugh. But he would try to keep it down. Roman seemed to trust this guy, and if he had dated him for that long, and had a positive reaction to him now, he had to be a good person. So, Samuel figured he should be able to trust him too.

Of course, people could change, so he wasn't about to blindly trust this stranger.

"He does," Samuel said, a little harshly and instantly regretted his tone. He closed his eyes for a moment and tried to calm himself down. Not only did he not want to upset Roman, but he didn't want to act hostile towards someone in front of Harper, he didn't want Harper to take after this jealous behaviour.

"Anyways," Samuel said in a more pleasant tone, "What do you do then? I know not all workplaces are fans of the whole alternative look, Roman used to complain about it a lot when we were younger, so you know either you're doing something artsy, or you work at lush? "

He managed to joke a little, but Samuel couldn't help but doubt his own intentions a little, he felt like he was making an effort to be pleasant, he certainly wasn't sounding like he was jealous anymore, but dropping information that signalled that he and Roman had been together for a long time and wanting to know what his current life was like didn't feel entirely innocent. So, he glanced over at his husband carefully, as if to ask if he was doing okay.

r o m a n

Cameron frowned slightly at Samuel's tone and glanced over at Roman, who gave him a reassuring look because he wasn't about to just explain his husband's entire history of trust issues. That was up to Samuel to disclose, if and when he wanted to. Roman gave Samuel a soft, affectionate look when they made eye contact to let him know that he was doing okay. Hopefully, this would go well, because Cameron was definitely someone Roman wouldn't mind staying friends with.

"Yeah, I thought you got full scholarships to Oxford or Cambridge or something," Roman said to Cameron, as if that was no big deal. "Which one was it?"

"Both. And Yale, and Harvard," Cameron said. "My dad said something about CalTech as well but I didn't want to go there, the weather was too hot, so he dropped it."

Roman chuckled. "Only you could pass up an opportunity to go to CalTech because of the weather," he laughed. He then looked up at Samuel with a slightly apologetic expression. "Sorry, none of this makes sense to you, probably. Cameron's a fucking genius, he has an IQ of, like, 187, and Stephen Hawking's is only 160. I once saw him work out seven pages of university graduate-level physics equations in less than half an hour when he was sixteen."

"Fifteen," Cameron corrected quietly.

"Sorry," Roman said with a laugh. "But what are you doing, career-wise. When we last spoke you were pretty set on physics."

"Well, I was, but in Year 12 I started getting much more focused on my music," Cameron told them. Roman could remember how much Cameron loved music when they were together, it was one of the things they had bonded over, so he nodded understandingly. "So instead of going to uni anywhere I just moved up to Melbourne, and I made some friends and we started a band. It doesn't pay much, and I have a little girl to take care of so I work as a tutor for high school kids to make ends meet, but I know I'd be depressed if I'd tried to enter any science fields because music is the world to me, so I don't regret my decisions." Cameron sighed. "Though, my parents are really angry with me. They say I'm wasting my life when I could be using my intellect in academia."

s a m u e l

Samuel listened closely to Roman and Cameron's conversation after he had gotten it confirm by Roman that he was doing okay. It made him feel a little more relaxed. Of course, Cameron just kept adding to the list of what made him a really interesting person, and his way of speaking with Roman just seemed so natural.

However, as the jealousy got fuelled, Samuel also found himself grow a little more curious and more sympathetic to this stranger as he spoke. He was a struggling father who wanted to follow his dreams. That was kind of humanizing and that outweighed the jealousy a little.

"Well, parents don't always know the best," Samuel pointed out, he knew for a fact his dad wouldn't have really wanted him to be a teacher, because it was low paying and it was in part taking care of children, which was a women's job, but it was what was right for him. Surely if Cameron was as smart as they were making it out, he knew what was best for him too, "Our friend used to be in the same boat as you, he's not like genius smart but could easily be a doctor, or a lawyer, and that was what his parents wanted for him, but now he's a really successful author,"

Samuel said, with a small, but still slightly strained smile, he was getting more comfortable with his husband's ex's presence, but it wasn't a complete one-eighty, of course.

"I teach high schoolers as well, but like, full time," Samuel pointed out, he figured finding common ground might make things a little easier for himself, "I'm sure they are happy to have someone who's apparently a genius, what's that like? Do you just know most things they ask about, or is it mostly just the physics you know things about?"

r o m a n

"Most things, I have an eidetic memory, so I have everything I've ever seen, heard or read permanently etched into my mind," Cameron said, pushing a hand through his thick and wild hair. Cameron was not an incredibly cocky person. He was acutely aware of how intelligent he was, but he did not use this to gain advantage over other people, nor did he use it to belittle anyone else or gain attention. In fact, he rarely mentioned it unless he was asked. But it was still amazing, how incredible this person was, and Roman loved hearing him talk about it again after all these years. He was glad that Cameron had come to see him, because if Samuel didn't have a problem with it, he would love to let him back into his life.

"So you have a little girl?" Roman asked with a smile.

"Yes, Emma-Marie Rosalind Healy." Immediately, Cameron's face split into the biggest grin, and he reached into his pocket to pull out his phone and show Roman a picture of a beautiful little girl, with Cameron's hazel eyes and gorgeous curls, as well as smooth, deeply tanned skin and an angular facial structure. Roman couldn't help but smile, because the look of immense pride and adoration on Cameron's face was heartwarming.

"She's beautiful."

"Thank you," Cameron said, leaning over to show Samuel the picture as he continued to talk to Roman. "She's two now, I was with her mother Kebi for a few years but we broke up on good terms, so I have her for one week and Kebi has her for the next, ecetera ecetera. Actually, I did come here for a reason other than to see you, I wanted to get Emmie's name tattooed somewhere? Maybe my arm?"

"Ooh, yes, I like that, hang on, I'll get my fonts out so you can pick," Roman said excitedly. He crossed to his desk and Cameron put his phone away. He gave Samuel a careful but genuine smile, then turned his gaze to Harper, who by this point was dozing in Samuel's arms, looking adorable.

"He's absolutely gorgeous," Cameron told Samuel. "Do you have just the one? I know Roman always wanted lots of kids."

s a m u e l

The conversation moved on from Cameron's genius and onto his daughter pretty quickly. Cameron seemed like a pretty humble guy, which Samuel thought was cool. Of course, anything that was cool about Cameron made Samuel a little more self-conscious. But hearing the man talk about his daughter was sweet though. And him moving onto the tattoo, showing that he really was there for the sake of that, with the added bonus of getting to catch up with Roman eased Samuel's worries a little. Plus, Cameron asking about their kids was nice.

"Yeah, we just have him at the moment," Samuel said softly and affectionately moved a tuft of his son's soft hair out of his face, he was always happy when talking about his children, he loved Harper so much, and he loved the twins even though they weren't born yet, "But we're expecting two more this February,"

It was so close now, Samuel was so excited he barely knew what to do with himself and he knew Roman felt the same. Thinking about the twins actually made his jealousy feel a little silly. He and Roman were at a point in their life where they could feel completely secure in their relationship. They had fathered Harper for over a year now, and it had been going so well they felt ready for another, they were about to hit their ten-year mark and they were living in their own house they had bought together. His jealousy was never really rational, ha always trusted Roman, but now he just couldn't help but wonder what he thought would happen. Worst case scenario Cameron made a move on Roman and Roman would turn him down.

"Harper is super excited to get to be a big brother," Samuel continued, talking about the children felt a lot easier than anything else, "He's one and a half now, so he's about your girl's age,"

r o m a n

"Oh, well, maybe I could bring Emma-Marie around to your place on one of my weeks and she can play with Harper?" Cameron suggested. Roman smiled at first, because he thought it was a great idea, but then he realised that Samuel might not feel the same way. Despite how far he and Samuel had come with their relationship, and much they loved each other, Roman still had history with Cameron and, unlike Bella, Samuel hadn't known Cameron for years or built up a trust with him. It would have to be something they talked about in private.

"We'll see, we're pretty busy getting ready for the twins in February," Roman said pleasantly as he came back with a stack of font samples and sat in his chair. Cameron didn't seem to notice anything wrong and turned to examine the samples so he could decide on one he wanted. He eventually selected a nice calligraphy font, and then a dark pink colour for it to be written in.

Soon, Roman was tattooing his ex-boyfriend's daughter's name and birthday on the inside of the man's right wrist in a dark magenta tone. Cameron didn't seem bothered by the pain, glancing between Roman and Samuel with a thoughtful expression on his face.

"So how long have you two been together?" he asked.

"Ten years in March," Roman replied with a smile on his face. It felt amazing to say that.

"Wow," said Cameron, impressed. "That's amazing. Seriously, Roman, I'm really glad to hear that, I'm really happy for you."

Cameron was a hundred percent genuine and Roman could tell that. He smiled, and cast an affectionate gaze over at his husband, who he couldn't be happier with if he tried.

s a m u e l

Samuel frowned a little as Roman turned down Cameron's idea of bringing his daughter over. He blamed the twins and it was true that they would be busy with the twins, but it wasn't like they couldn't make the time, and Samuel knew Roman had turned him down for his sake. That made him feel seriously guilty, not only was he stopping Roman from hanging out with someone he clearly wouldn't mind being on friendly terms with, but he was stopping Harper from getting a potential playmate that he wouldn't know through daycare. He had to tell Roman later that he didn't need to do that for him. He just needed to get to know Cameron and he'd be okay, and he couldn't do that if they never met him again.

"We're still thinking about what to do to celebrate it but we're really looking forward to it,"
Samuel said happily, talking about their anniversary also made him happy and he returned his husband's affectionate gaze.

"So uh," Samuel said, grasping for a topic that would feel appropriate, "You're not seeing anyone right now, then?" that wasn't really appropriate and Samuel regretted asking because he knew it was the jealousy that made him curious about that, "Sorry, If you want to tell, that is,"

r o m a n

Cameron's eyebrows shot up at Samuel's abrupt question and even Roman was a little surprised. But neither man made a big deal out of it, Roman because he didn't want to make his husband feel embarrassed and Cameron because he was perceptive enough to realise it was jealousy, but was also too nice to make it into a problem.

Cameron pushed a hand through his hair and recovered from his initial surprise, giving Samuel a reassuring smile. "It's fine," he assured him, his British accent just as velvety and enticing as before, even though he obviously did not mean it. "No, I'm not seeing anyone right now. I split with Kebi a little under a year ago but I've been really busy with work and music and Emma-Marie, so I haven't had the time to date since then."

"That's understandable," Roman said, not looking away from the tattoo as he traced over the second M in Emma-Marie's name. He then decided to move the topic away from relationships. "So, how's your music going?"

"Oh, pretty good, actually," Cameron said happily. "We've written our debut album, and we've got a couple of meetings with some record labels coming up in the next few months, so we're hoping one of them will accept us."

"That's amazing, you'll have to play us some of your music sometime, I remember a few songs you wrote in high school." Roman neglected to mention that a couple of the songs were love songs written about him.

"Yes, and then you could learn to play them," Cameron suggested. He looked up at Samuel. "Do you play any instruments?"

s a m u e l

Samuel felt seriously embarrassed about his question, he could tell that Cameron was picking up on the jealousy by now. It was a pretty bad first impression he was giving him and Samuel couldn't help but be a little scared that Cameron would think Samuel was a genuinely bad husband who was annoyingly possessive and jealous like this all the time. Luckily Roman changed the subject and Cameron was nice about it though.

"No I'm not really the creative type," Samuel replied to Cameron's question, sounding a little more tired now, because he was tired of his own behaviour, "I've had Roman and other people try to teach to play the guitar on multiple occasions but it just never sticks,"

Part of him wished he wasn't so useless at creative things, so he and Roman could do them together. His low self-esteem and jealousy worked together to make him a little sad over imagining Roman and Cameron singing and being musical together when they dated. He ignored it and decided to try to say something more positive.

"But yeah, I'd love to hear what your stuff sounds like, creative or not," Samuel said, he felt like showing interest in Cameron was a good way to show that he was okay with him, if he had been terribly possessive he wouldn't really say anything that allowed him to make connections with Roman's hobbies. And that really wasn't the kind of person Samuel was, he just got a little jealous sometimes, that was all, "What kind of music do you play? I'm guessing it's something alternative?"

r o m a n

"Yeah, alternative, it's kind of British indie grunge," Cameron said, with a small laugh. "Even though I'm the only British one, the rest of the guys are Australian."

"So, you're like The 1975, or The Wombats," Roman inquired, making a couple of relatively obscure alternative bands he loved and Samuel knew because Roman loved them.

"Yeah, pretty much, Matty Healy is my spirit animal."

"You look like him. Are you sure you're not related? You have the same surname."

"Well, I hope we're not because that way I won't be able to marry him," Cameron said with a laugh that Roman easily joined in on. He had missed this, just laughing with Cameron and having a genuinely good time. It made him excited at the possibility of letting him back in his life.

Soon, he finished the tattoo, which was small but gorgeous, and Roman wrapped it up. After listening to the explanation of how to care for it, Cameron looked up through his eyelashes and smiled at Roman. Anyone else would perceive it as flirty, but Roman knew Cameron like the back of his hand, and therefore he knew that this was just what he was like. "Thank you, I love it."

"You're welcome." Roman smiled back at him, then cast a careful look at Samuel, before asking, "Would you want to come over sometime? For dinner, maybe? I'd love to start being friends again."

Cameron looked a little surprised, but he smiled that same mildly flirtatious smile and nodded. "I'd like that." He then bit his lip and turned to Samuel. "If that's okay with you, of course."

s a m u e l

The tattooing commenced but Samuel opted to just stay quieter and stay seated with his sleeping son in his lap. He felt really bad. He couldn't rid himself of the jealousy, or the self-consciousness or the guilt. So, he opted to just try to think about other things until the end of it. But when it was over he, of course, had to turn his attention to them because Roman was wrapping things up and Cameron would be on his way.

He watched as Cameron thanked and smiled at Roman, which sparked the jealousy, but then asked if it was okay for him to come over which made him guilty for said jealousy.

Samuel didn't like the flirtatious smiles or the accent or his pretty face. But Cameron did just seem like the kind of guy who was naturally flirty, and he didn't seem like he wanted to get between them. The thing was that if it was one thing Samuel couldn't stand it was people flirting with Roman in front of him, as if he wasn't there. Because it happened every once in a while, and those times Samuel didn't feel as guilty about it. But this was clearly different.

Samuel put on a slightly strained smile, "of course it is," he said, even though it wasn't all that obvious based on his behaviour, "Any time, it was really nice to meet you,"

r o m a n

It was obvious that Samuel was still a little tense, but Cameron seemed to realise that wasn't directly his fault, and that it was something that needed to be discussed between Roman and Samuel in private. So, he simply gave Samuel a grateful smile and said, "Thank you, it was lovely to meet you, too." Roman was thankful that Cameron was actually making an effort to be kind to Samuel, and vice versa, because he wanted them to get along — he wanted to get his old friend back.

Roman and Cameron exchanged phone numbers and then Roman lead him, after he had said goodbye to Samuel, to the front desk, where the tattoo was paid for and they said their goodbyes for the day. Roman then sighed, flipped the sign on the door to 'CLOSED' because it was getting late, and returned to his studio, where his husband and child were waiting for him.

Roman pulled his chair around and sat it in front of Samuel, then sat down and looked at his husband carefully. Harper was still sleeping softly in his papa's arms, without a care in the world. He was so peaceful. Roman envied him sometimes.

"...Tell me what you're thinking."

s am I e l​

Eventually Cameron left and Samuel honestly felt quite relieved, and luckily Roman didn't seem mad either. He knew it was selfish but Roman getting mad at him after he got jealous was one of the worst feelings ever, because he already felt bad enough anyways, "I just..." Samuel started, looking straight at his husband for a moment, he was so beautiful and kind and amazing, he honestly deserved better than someone who got jealous like this, "I'm really sorry,"

He turned his gaze down on Harper, their beautiful little boy, he found comfort in him at least.

"I hate myself when I get jealous like this, I know it's a really shit thing to do, but even if I'm able to repress it maybe a little more now I still feel it and I feel so fucking bad, I'm really sorry," he said, heart feeling seriously heavy because he felt like he had wronged his husband. He turned his gaze back up, his own brown, slightly glossy with tears, eyes meeting meeting Roman's lovely green ones, "like, I understand he's the kind of person who's just naturally flirty, because I trust you and I know you'd tell him off, but it still scares me when there's someone who's clearly better than me and every single way acting in that way with you. But he did seem nice, and I just need to get to know him, so please don't refrain from rebuilding your friendship with him because of me. I want you to be friends if you want that, and if he's important to you I want to be friends with him as well,"

r o m a n

"Samuel, he's not better than you,"
Roman said, his voice somewhat forceful but still consoling and kind. He hated when Samuel's insecurities shone through in such a way. It was often easy to forget the horrid way Samuel thought about himself on occasions like these. It reminded Roman of London, and how she had always felt inferior beside him. Of course this was different, but still, Roman couldn't help but feel that the confidence he exuded from himself had something to do with it.

Roman reached up and cradled Samuel's face with one hand, looking into his eyes intently. "Yes, he's a genius, okay, but he's not better than you, at all. No one is better than anyone else, unless you're a fucking genuinely bad person or something, and you're not, Samuel, you're amazing and gorgeous and talented and I love you more than anyone else in the world."

Roman said this with so much conviction that it would probably sound aggressive in another context. He refused to allow his husband to doubt himself in such a way. Samuel deserved to feel good about himself and Roman wouldn't leave the room until that had been achieved.

"And you're right, I would tell him off if he tried to make a move on me," Roman said with a small chuckle. He wiped Samuel's tears off his cheeks. "But he won't, he's too nice for that, he used to get really angry when people flirted with me when we were together so I know he wouldn't do that to you. And ... I really would like to be friends with him again, we grew apart when he left to go to private school and I've always regretted that a little. But I won't do it if you don't want me to. Your feelings are important."

s a m u e l

"Well your feelings are what is important to me," Samuel said, it was honestly a relief to hear Roman's reassuring him that he was amazing and all of those things as well, "And I don't want to get in the way of you being friends with someone, or Harper either, I'd feel so fucking bad if my jealousy got in the way of him getting a friend,"

Samuel took Roman's hands and brought them back to his face to cover his own eyes. It was a little weird but he was trying not to cry more and he needed the closeness and it felt kind of nice, "It's just hard to see the people you've dated sometimes, because even the shitty people are gorgeous, and the good people are always nice and talented and all that as well, and that's just not how I see myself. And I dunno, I think that's part of why I get so jealous, part of me knows you could do better than me, but I love you so much, and I know you love me, so it doesn't really matter. I don't think love is about finding the best person in the world, just the best one for you,"

Samuel moved Roman's hands from his face and shot him a small teary-eyed smile. Roman was absolutely right for him, and he felt like maybe he was right for Roman. That is why they were together after all.

"But in those moments, I forget that," he sighed a little, "I really hate being jealous though, and I know you don't like it, so I'm sorry, and I might apologize to Cameron as well, the next time we see him, I think that might be a good thing to do, I could tell he noticed, I don't want him to feel like he cant be your friend either," the part about seeing him again was important, because that implied that Samuel really wanted Roman to be able to have a relationship with his ex, it rally was just a matter of Samuel getting to know him, then it'd be like with Bella or Elliot, who had been with Roman but who Samuel valued as close friends and never felt jealous or possessive over Roman because of.

r o m a n

Roman didn't like hearing that Samuel compared himself to his exes, or that he thought he wasn't good enough for him, compared to those in the past. Roman never compared himself to Samuel's exes, for one obvious reason — they were all girls whom Samuel had dated before coming out. Roman had no need to compare himself to them. But Samuel obviously felt differently, because Roman had felt differently about his exes when he had dated them than Samuel had when he had dated his own.

Roman just wished he could erase all the bad thoughts, purge them from his husband's beautiful mind. But that wasn't how the world worked, so he would have to find another way to build Samuel's confidence up.

"You're the best person in the world for me," Roman murmured, pulling his hands away so Samuel could see the soft smile on his face. "I chose you, Samuel. I'd choose you over anyone. You're my soulmate, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I can't imagine myself spending my life with anyone else but you."

And Roman meant every word. He may have loved Cameron and his other exes, but now, Samuel was the only person in the world for him — and that was never going to change.

s a m u e l

After Cameron had come to the parlour that day, they had gone home all three of them and eventually, Harper had awoken from his nap and they had all watched a movie together. Slowly Samuel had gotten over both the jealousy and the low thoughts about himself, but it hadn't been too difficult. There was something about just spending time with his husband and son in their home that magically just made him feel better and surer of himself.

After that day it had only been a few more and then all of a sudden it was Christmas and them, and Brooklyn, Chelsea and Mae, were invited over to the Johnson's to celebrate the holiday, something Samuel thought was a really fun idea actually. They didn't really have a set family tradition yet, so it was always nice to try different ways of celebrating.

After a pleasant car ride where they sang along to the Christmas songs on the radio they were walking the stairs up to London and Evan's apartment. Samuel was wearing some fantastic red and white Christmas themed socks, with snowflakes and little reindeer on them, together with a pair of red shorts and a cream coloured polo shirt, and also one of his watches. He felt a little extra in the Christmas spirit that year, most likely because it would be Harper's first Christmas when he really would grasp kind of what was going on, he was still small of course, but last year he had only been about half a year old.

"Do you think London has had any part of the cooking," Samuel asked suspiciously and jokingly as he used his free hand to press the doorbell, "No offence but she's as bad as me at cooking,"

"I'll get it!" a familiar but muffled voice could be heard from the inside before the door flew open and a wildly grinning Allison, dressed in a lovely wine-red dress and with her thick her pulled back in a golden headband, exclaimed, "Merry Christmas!!"

r o m a n

It was Christmas Day, and Roman was excited to spend it with his siblings and their families. Today, he wore a deep burgundy T-shirt that matched the burgundy eye makeup and lipstick he wore, with the black skinny jeans matching his eyeliner and the whole look tied together with a shimmery gold highlighter. He felt very Christmassy and was definitely in the festive spirit.

In one hand he carried a big bag of Christmas presents and with the other arm he carried Harper, who was looking adorable in an emerald green sweater and red pants. Roman walked up to the door of the apartment and as soon as his gorgeous little niece opened the door, his face split into the biggest grin, because he was extremely happy to see her.

"Hey Princess! Merry Christmas, you look lovely!" Roman chirped. He squatted down and gave Allison a sweet little kiss to the cheek. When they entered the apartment they were greeted with the sight of the elaborately decorated Christmas tree and gold tinsel adorning the walls. London was matching Allison perfectly in a red-wine dress and a gold headband, her hair swishing around as she bustled about the room, setting out snacks on the table and fixing the table arrangements. When the newcomers entered she ran up to them with a big smile, and first pulled her twin into a hug. "Merry Christmas!" she chirped.

"Merry Christmas, bubba," Roman said happily. "Is Brooklyn here yet?"

"Not yet, but they're on their way." London stepped away from Roman and then gave Samuel a pleasant hug. "Hello. Evan's been cooking all morning, you should probably go make sure he's still alive and hasn't drowned in apple sauce."