Pokemon becoming The Champion

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Beali froze as the wild Meinfoo ran around to block her path. She stepped back again. There was no escaping this one. This is what it came down to: fight or take an attack. This was a predicament she was in indeed. "I only just caught Riolu and he isn't really in good enough condition to battle..." She took the pokeball holding Riolu out of her bag. At the most, I can get them to a pokemon center. If I got injured though it would be up to Riolu... I'll just have to trust her. Beali looked up at the Meinfoo, her eyes full of worry. "I'm counting on you, Riolu!" She threw the pokeball and it released Riolu in a beam of red light. "Please, help me out here Riolu..."

Kokierra saw that Baeli was in trouble. "Riolu! Go help!" He called and threw his PokeBall into the air. Riolu jumped down and ranover to the Meonfoo. "Quick Attack!" Kokierra yelled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aurora

"Very clever Aurora" Nick complimented "Gastly, Barge through those bubbles with a Lick" Gastly Bounced the bubbles of with its tongue making it through Until it managed to reach Frilly and Licked her face. Causing 6hp Damage... 14hp remaining. Gastly giggled to himself when Frillish fired bubbles once again onto him which hit Gastly and wiped that smile of his face. Gastly lost 8hp... 10hp remaning

Kokierra and Beali

Meinfoo took its stance against Beali's Riolu when out of nowhere a Kokierra's Riolu hit Meinfoo with a quick attack losing 12 hp….7 hp Remaining

Meinfoo thought it was seeing double but soon realised it wasn't and concentrated on Kokierra's Riolu and it charged at Riolu with all its might and landed a Pound which smacked him over the head. Losing 13 Hp…8 hp Remaining

It was as Aurora feared. Gastly knew lick, a move that was super effective against Frillish. Fortunately for her, it was a move that required physical contact, while her bubble could be used long range. She needed to take advantage of that...

"Frilly, stay away from Gastly! Fly away from it!"

Frillish started floating away from Gastly, picking up speed. Gastly followed with a gaping smile, trying to lick Frillish. "Just a little closer..." The Gastly came closer and closer to Frillish, and then...

"Now, Frilly! Do a somersault and use bubble!"

Gastly didn't have time to react, and crashed right into the bubbles, taking the full force of the attack.

Boris "So my first battle with my Eevee is up against a zigzagoon. Okay then. He looked at eevee and said "You ready to battle eevee?"

Eevee nodded and rushed from Boris' side onto the battlefield on their side.

Boris smiled at Eevee knowing it was eager for the battle and thought in his head at the same time that going up against another normal type was a good way to test eevee and the battle skills it has. He also thinks about the past two years he had spent with eevee. He had trained eevee some and due to that training his eevee, though still at a beginner's level, level 5, was a little bit quicker and had a little bit more endurance than other eevees at the same level. Though he never entered a real battle with eevee. But he had seen many battles between wild pokemon, evolved and non evolved alike and poachers, which is of course how he came to meet his eevee, after his eevee, whom Boris believed to had just hatched not to long before their first encounter, had gotten separated from the rest of it's friends and family through a struggle with one of the poachers, narrowly escaping capture itself, and meeting Boris shortly thereafter. He had always made friends with all the wild pokemon, especially the young pokemon, but a few of the parents of those young pokemon as well, like his brother has always done. And especially after his meeting eevee, Boris did his best in assisting the wild pokemon in some of the battles. He, not being that experienced in battle, usually did this by getting all the young pokemon away from the battlefield while the parents of the young pokemon fought the poachers, the parents holding the poachers off while Boris escaped with the young ones and transported them by foot to the pokemon center. However after getting the young pokemon to safety, Boris went back, his eevee accompanying him, to the battle sites, where he learned some of the attacks in the arsenal of the evolved/leader pokemon and then sometimes assisted them in the battles. Boris and his eevee, sense that wide spread section, having no protectors except the evolved/leader pokemon, had taken to further secure the safety of all the pokemon within the area. He would assist the evolved pokemon that way, getting their young to safety then coming back with eevee at his side to help them out against the poachers, everytime the poachers launched their attacks. Most all the wild pokemon within that section due to this, came to trust Boris as if he were one of them. Only nurse Joy, the head of the Maplekeep city pokemon center, the officer Jenny of Maplekeep city, and also 11 of the teachers from the Maplekeep pokemon school, due to being the teachers of some of Boris' friends, knew of this. Boris hadn't ever told anyone else. The only others, besides those thirteen, who knew were the people of the pokemon sanctuary and reserve board, whom the 13 adults who had been, and were still trying to appeal to for a grant to make that section, one that had an individual area for each and every kind/type of wild pokemon, in their city either a pokemon reserve or pokemon sanctuary, to which so far, Nurse Joy of Maplekeep, Officer Jenny of Maplekeep, and the 11 Maplekeep pokemon school teachers who knew, had no luck yet in convincing the board.

Aurora

"Gastly Spite her" Nick quickly said.

Since Gastly is quicker than Frilly he managed to use Spite on Frilly as she was doing a somersault making Frilly lose 4pp on her bubble move. As Frilly finished the somersault Gastly was bombarded with the bubble attack which caused 8hp damage leaving Gastly with 2hp. The Bubble Attack has decreased Gastly's speed.

Kokierra

(I'm guessing you meant quick attack)

Riolu with lightning speed used his quick attack on Meinfoo, Meinfoo couldn't do anything and Riolu landed his quick attack with a critical hit (Like he needed it) and made Meinfoo run off.

Riolu gained 5exp

Boris

Wayne stood patiently for Boris, "Give your eevee commands for battle little man"

(Epic facepalm. sorry. yea i did.) Kokierra put Riolyu back in its pokeball. "You okay Baeli?" Kokierra asked.

(I hope you don't mind me finishing this now)

Aurora's heart began to race even faster than before. Gastly had managed to spite Frillish, but that didn't do very much, not in a short battle like this. It didn't have much health left, and it seemed to be much slower after that last bubble attack. She got this in the bag.

"Alright Frilly, let's finish this! Fly all around Gastly and do all the acrobatics you know!"

Frillish began twirling and spinning around Gastly, and with its lowered speed it began having real trouble keeping up with it. When Frillish was positioned behind Gastly, but Gastly was facing forward, it was time to strike.

"Quickly now, use one final bubble!"

The attack landed, and Gastly fainted. professor Nick called it back into its Pokeball. "Nice job, Aurora. You did well for your first time." Her serious expression changed back to cheerful just as quickly as it before, and she ran up to Frillish and hugged her, spinning around in a circle. "We did it, Frilly, we did it! We won our first match!" She then turned and walked up to the professor, grabbing his hand in both of hers. "Thanks for everything, professor Nick, I realy appreciate it. I know that you went easy on me this time, but once I've gotten a bit into my journey, maybe even finished it, I want us to battle again, and I want you to go all out on me. I'm sure we'll be able to take you on, right Frilly?" Frillish cheerfully replied. "Frifri!" Aurora called Frillish back into her Pokeball, and after healing her and saying goodbye to Nick one last time they left the lab.

Aurora happily walked around the streets of the capital, ready to set off on her journey. But there was one problem. She couldn't decide where to go. She came across a large poster with a map of Amplus, and she called Frillish out of her Pokeball. "Alright Frilly, I've got a job for you. I want you to point at that big star on the map, and move your arm around it in a circle. I'm gonna close my eyes and start singing, and when I stop, I want you to stop as well. Whatever route is closest to where your arm points, we'll take it." Frillish nodded, and Aurora began her song. It was often sung by the people on her island.

"Kagome, kagome

Kago no naka no tori wa

itsu itsu dearu, yoake no ban ni

tsuru to Kame ga subetta

ushiro no shoumen daare"'

Aurora opened her eyes. She didn't realize the creepy tone of her song, since she grew up with it the way she had. She looked at where Frillish's arm was pointing, and grinned widely.

"Alright, route 31 it is!"

Reactions: Captain Scrubz
Lizzy was embarrassed from the incident, but when Wayne gave her that cheeky grin, she actually tried to stop herself from smiling. Of course, since he looked funny, the girl finally smiled back. Lizzy returned the hug."Thank you, Mr. Wayne! I'll do my best from now on.." She said, feeling glad for the encouragement. However, that glad smile she had turned into a small frown for a split second. Deep down, she wished her older brother would give her that much support as Wayne. He was a tad too protective that he would often restrict her from doing things he deemed dangerous. That included her becoming a pokemon trainer, sadly.

I'll prove him someday that I am capable... She thought to herself. As Wayne let go, her smile returned to her lips. She gave him a light bow. "I will definitely call from time to time and pay you two a visit Too! Thank you again for today," She started, as she saw Professor Nick pass by. She would like to approach him, but he looked like he was busy giving another trainer a practice match. "Please give the Professor my profuse thanks." She said politely with a smile before bidding Wayne good bye. Passing by Boris, she wished him good luck with a two thumbs up.

Picking up her pokemon starter kit from the professor, Lizzy exited the building and breathed in. The air was clear and the sun was still bright. She was tempted to bring Deino out but then he would be too tired to walk. Lizzy decided to head for the Pokemon Center instead. As she entered the facility, she was welcomed by the scene of different trainers and their pokemon, gathered in that one place. She figured that this part of the city must be one of the busiest places around. As she approached the counter, she presented the pokeball, waiting for the nurse to attend to her.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Beali was surprised to see the second Riolu come out of nowhere. She had forgotten that Kokierra was there in her panic. She was stunned by the sudden switch out. "Kokierra..." His Riolu finished off the Meinfoo quickly, scaring it off. She looked down at her Riolu shamefully. Just when she had been feeling so great about herself, this happened. She returned it to its pokeball then turned to look at Kokierra. "I'm...fine. Thank you for helping me." The embarrassment of not only letting Cyndaquil get knocked out but being saved by her companion once again brought tears to her eyes. She hadn't expected to be so great at it, but in situations like this she couldn't help but think what if we had been alone?What if it was just me? I have to depend on my pokemon yet they can't even depend on me to lead them properly... "I'm sorry, I feel like... I've just been trouble so far. This is the second time you've helped me and I even let Cyndaquil faint and..." Beali took a deep, shuddering breath before wiping her eyes on the back of her hand and straightening her back. "Let's hurry to the next town. I don't want to be a bother to you anymore." She turned her back to him and continued down the path.

Reactions: Captain Scrubz
Boris nods to Wayne. He then looks to Eevee and says "Do tackle on Zigzagoon Eevee."

To Boris' command Eevee runs forward moving in to the right a little and then charging left straight to Zigzagoon leaping for it after getting with in 5 inches. Being a little quicker than most other level 5 eevees, Eevee is able to land it's tackle on Zigzagoon midair and then it backswings it's tail to finish its attack before it lands on the ground.

Kokierra and Beali

In the horizon they see the roller coasters from Butterdell

Aurora

Frilly won the battle and gained 6exp

Nick watched as Aurora walked away. He smiled and muttered "If only she knew".

As Aurora walked through Route 31 a shadow formed from above her, a pokemon spotter her and wanted to battle. It swooped down landing in her path wanting to battle. It was a dragon pokemon Druddigon, Druddigon flapped it's wings and roared loudly.

(Druddigon speed 11)

621 Druddigon.jpg

Lizzy

Nurse Joy greeted Lizzy "Hello there, I am pleased to heal your pokemon, please wait". Nurse Joy walked off with Lizzy pokemon, While Lizzy was waiting a small girl tapped Lizzy's leg "Hey miss, your a pokemon trainer ain't you. I can't wait to become one myself." She shuffled her feet while holding something behind her back "Erm.... I want you to have this". She held her hand up and offered Lizzy an Ether to take.

Nurse Joy called over to Lizzy "Your pokemon is fighting fit now young lady, please come again"

Boris

Eevee speed 10.... Ziggy speed...12

Wayne immediately shouted "Growl" as soon as eevee went for the tackle. Growl hit eevee reducing his attack. It didn't stun eevee and still managed to hit Ziggy in midair. Ziggy lost 9hp... 11hp remaining. Ziggy skidded backwards after the hit.

Aurora froze. She rapidly picked up her Pokedex, and scanned the Pokemon in front of her."A dragon type Pokemon..." She was practically stunned by its beauty. She really wanted to catch this. The problem was that Frilly was still inexperienced, and it only knew bubble and absorb, two weak attacks that were not very effective against dragon types.

She clenched her fists. "If only you had showed up a little later, I might have had a bigger chance of catching you..." But she wasn't going to give up. She held the Pokeball containing Frillish firmly in her hand. "Okay, Frilly, it's time to get serious. I know neither you nor I have much experience and skill, but I will do my best to guide you to victory, and I hope you will do your best as well. It's going to take all we've got. Are you ready?" She could feel the energy radiating from the Pokeball. "Alright. Focus on keeping your distance and dodging the best you can. It's probably faster and stronger than you, but if we can slowly chip away a little of its HP at a time it might work. Remember that we only need to hurt it a little, not win over it."

Aurora readied her stance again, her heart racing like crazy, and threw the Pokeball. "I'm counting on you, Frillish!" Frillish appeared out of the Pokeball, and gave Druddigon the most ghostly stare it could. "Frilly, use bubble and put some force behind it!" Frillish used bubble, and tried its best to create as many bubbles as possible.

Before Frilly could use her bubbles, Druddigon charge at Frilly using Scratch and went straight through Frilly, Frilly turned and bombarded druddigon with as many bubbles as she could hitting her target. Druddigon lost 2hp leaving 18hp remaining. It wasn't very effective but least it was some damage. Druddigon seemed to chuckle at the effect of bubble.

Aurora suddenly realized. She had been so stupid! If this Druddigon was about as low leveled as Frillish, then the only attack it would know is scratch, and that's not effective at all against a ghost type!

"Frilly, I'm so sorry for hyping you up! Just use bubble, Druddigon won't be able to touch you if it keeps using scratch!"

Druddigon was confused and went for scratch again. he went straight through her once again. while Frilly used bubble Druddigon lost another 2hp leaving 16hp

This went on for a while (Druddigon has 8 hp left) until Aurora decided to try her luck out. She flings a Pokeball at Druddigon, hoping for the best.

Druddian in the end started using leer untill a pokeball was flung at him. The pokeball hit him and a joyish expression went across his face as he was zipped into the pokeball It blinked once, twice and three times and was caught.

Aurora has caught Druddian

Hasty
Mischievous

Lv 4
Hp 20
Att 14
def 10
sp att 11
sp def 12
spd 11

Leer
normal.gif
other.png
100Acc, 30 pp
The opposing team gains an intimidating leer with sharp eyes. The opposing team's Defense stats are reduced.

Scratch
normal.gif
physical.png
40 Att, 100 Acc, 35 pp
Hard, pointed, and sharp claws rake the target to inflict damage.

Aurora, overcome with joy went and picked up her Pokeball. She ran back into Atlas to heal it. Once she was back on route 31, she sent it out.

"Wow, you're really pretty!" She said in awe to the Druddigon. "I mean, look at those colours! I think I'm gonna name youu... Ruddy!" Druddigon seemed flattered by her praise, and he didn't seem to mind the nicname. Aurora continue scouring route 31, hoping to find another Pokemon.