Mystery Thread #16 | Nemopedia & Megasis

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manna Beast

I don't trust trees. They're shady.
Original poster
5 STAR GREMLIN
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
All day, every day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
-Fantasy with means of magic and sword based feelings, i do prefer a bit of romance in stories
-Modern with again a fantasy feel
-Cut in anything with a bit of Romance and I can give it a try.
@Nemopedia and @Megasis
Genre: Horror
Gender Preference: M x F
Post Length: 2 - 3 Paragraphs

Prompt: Character A (Nemopedia, Male) & Character B (Megasis, Female) are both lost in the woods. Both of your memories lapse as to how you got here and aren't familiar with the location. Just that you are lost and there is a clear sign, that you aren't the only two here. If the littering of new and old bones is indication of that. It's time to escape!

Time Limit: 10 posts each (20 in total) or July 12th

Hello @Nemopedia ! I'm excited to start this with you, horror is one of my favorites heehee Let's have some fun. I made this first post a little longer to set the mood... I can't contain myself sometimes. I'll follow the 2-3 paragraph rule as much as possible, I swear.

She hurt… everywhere.

That was her first thought as she came to awareness. But the second, was the smell. A horrid odor that stung her nose and nearly made her gag all before she opened her eyes. And when she did, she nearly wished she hadn't. Squinting through the crack of lashes, her eyelids felt horribly sore, not to mention crusty. Promptly she reached up to try and clear away the figurative webbing that seemed to be trying to keep them closed, groaning quietly at the action when there was a complaining pang from her muscles.

Something rattled as she shifted her leg, and to her ears, it felt echoey, further confusing the woman as she dared to lift her head… and finally spot the horror of her current predicament. She nearly screamed, but it was caught in her throat, and her hand was spared to reach and clamp over her lips before such an explosive noise was made.

It took her eyes a moment to focus before she realized what she was looking at was the remains of… something! Her mind filled in the blank with human, but if she accepted that as fact, she thought she might toss whatever resided in her empty stomach. Instead, in a panic, she shuffled backward with sneakers scraping at the bed of rock she'd been laying on, creating a hollow jingle from the disturbance of bones littered around her. Some clean and white, others with meat still clinging to them — she was trying not to look too closely!

Only to let out a yelp when she bumped into something… fleshy.

Tears blurred her vision as she whipped about, her heart spiking in her chest, but after a moment of staring, she realized it was a body. The woman trembled with fear, and yet she instilled enough courage to give the body a nudge with her shoe. It didn't seem stiff… not that she's ever seen a dead body! Prompting closer inspection, she scurried upon her knees to reach and place her shaking hand above the person's face… to feel the puff of breath. Her eyes widened, and she leaned down to press her ear to the person's chest. A heartbeat!!

She didn't care who this person was. They were there and they were alive! So she instantly clung to them with her desperation not to be alone in this hellish nightmare!!

"H-hey… c-can you hear me—? Are you injured—??" Her hoarse voice came out in a quake and her fingers came to rest on the man's torso. Daring to reach up only to press her hand against his forehead. Then to a cheek, giving it a little pat in the attempt to bring the person to awareness.

• Creepy
Reactions: Nemopedia
Ooc: geebus, sorry for the supreme lateness of this. Don't worry about the length, I rarely ever remember that myself!

______

Pain made for a sorry bedmate, leaving him half dazed in which he could swear there were bones prodding in his back. Sleep flickered in and out, startled by the sensitivity in his joints and the wounds and then by the press of warmth in his chest that forced him to heave through his mouth, the rush of air forcing his dry mouth to taste the iron lingering, coating his tongue in a grainy familiar taste of something.

And when a hand felt his face he startled before leaning into the warmth, then, as he felt the fingers and the reminder of hunger came the urge to bite followed, broken by a voice of concern that forced him to open his eyes.

Red rimmed eyes opened, delirious and unfocussed, a groan escaping him before tugging the hand feeling him up away.

"Yes," was all he answered in defeat, still fighting against consciousness and raw instincts battling within.

• I'm SHOOK
Reactions: Megasis
No problem! Nothing to worry about :) Glad it's not just me lol
_________

There ought to be a lot more probing questions on her mind. Asking where she was. How she got here. What had obviously done a number on people that had been here before her.

Whether or not she was going to die... and with all these questions left unanswered.

The blur of her tears fell in a hot streak down her cheeks, brushing with them the grime and dirt that she could clearly feel upon her skin. Not exactly sure if she wanted to know what the subtle taste of iron was resting upon her lips. When the dryness of her tongue made a bad decision to trying to wet the abused crackle of her lips. Was there... blood on her face?

She wouldn't reach up to wipe anything away, for her hands felt just as grimy. She'd be looking at an infection if she was somehow injured and went probing unknowingly at a cut in her own flesh. A sniffle came out of her, but she was smiling soon. Something that probably looked like a grimace, as a single word from this stranger became the one thing she'd grapple on to keep herself sane.

"Y-yes?" Yes he could hear her or yes that he was injured?

But a quiet little squeak would interrupt that thought as his hand abruptly came up to snag her wrist, to tug her hand away from him. The way his grasp circled about her small wrist made her stomach coil with a sense of unease. She gave a tug of her hand away and furrowed her brows with uncertainty, swallowing dryly before she was attempting to speak again. "My name's... A-- Amelia. That was the only glaring remembrance in her own head. Everything else was rather blank. "Do... you remember your name?"

• Creepy
Reactions: Nemopedia
Mystery Thread has been concluded due to July 12, arriving! If you both enjoyed rping with another; then I highly encourage you both to continue to converse via PM or Discord if you are comfortable as such! If you wish to use the prompt given, please feel free to do so!

If you wish to participate in another Mystery Thread, just reply to your PM'd Application and request Manna Beast to set you up for another one!

Thank you for participating; it was a joy to read along!

Status
Not open for further replies.