Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Depends how long you've been here," Robert said, eyeing Joker with some amusement. A kid, younger than his daughter even. Not a surprise that whatever supernatural force was behind this event was indiscriminate with their choices of prisoners. If only Robert had any clue what was going on here. What once seemed like a strange dream was looking to be something more. "I couldn't have been here for longer then thirty minutes. Seem about right with you?"

AG2tDtc.png

To Rottytops, Robert shrugged. "As she said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder." He looked serious again, calling into question if he had meant anything he had said as a joke. Or, well, that was Robert's intention, anyway.

"Hm?"

Robert's eyes widened slightly at the mirror not breaking. He was about to pick it up before one of the others peered into it. "Where did you get that?" he asked.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ClothingStore

Suddenly his eyes met with Ethan as Bray smile at the "man's" word. laughing softly, Bray shook his head.

"Nah, man, nah. Don't pull dat trick with me. Our beast are different than most, so don't treat me like I can'tt see it. There is no shame here. You think everyone here isn't in someway like you? Put it together, man."

Bray backed up point his finger at his head before pointing it at the group.

"See, I saw this in my dream, this moment, not came to me like lightening towards the ground. They told me all about everyone and everything. I knew it. See, I've been here for eon and eon, even before current shell. I go by different names. War, disillusionment. Revenge/ I am the great accuser, the great seducer, the man of a thousand truth!"

Bray smile stopped at the point, turning more neutral his as his aura became more frightening.

" I hold the mirror to the world. I am a hammer, and that hammer is change, and that change is reckoning that will be unrivaled! I am the eater worlds! But you? You can call me Bray. Bray Wyatt It's nice to meet you, man.."

Surpassingly earnest Bray, took his hat off and bowed before becoming more up beat again his eye again at locked with Ethan.​
A gruff sound of a what was likely a male clearing their throat could be heard from behind one of the clothing racks near Grell and Sherry. "I'll take it if you don't want it," said the mysterious male, who stepped forward to reveal himself with dramatic flare to give Grell a look of stone-faced seriousness.

GlfZjJB.png

"Think it'll look good on me? Might be good for a Summer look." The man tugged at his leather jacket with calloused hands, as if to show off what he was wearing. After that, he crossed his arms and waited intently for Grell's answer.​
The man gave the briefest pause before taking the top, giving otherwise no indication how he felt about this exchange. He thanked Grell and turned the top around to read over the words. He was silent long enough that one might imagine he was considering the merit of the foul phrase.

Numahime's comment earned him a hard glance, but eventually he shook his head. He refused Sherry's mirror with a polite gesture. "Nah, now's not the time to try it on. I didn't really come here for a new wardrobe anyway."

Lpt6qvH.png

"Name's Robert. I'm glad you noticed how red brings out something in me," he said, folding the tank top and tucking it behind his jacket. "We all have a color that really resonates with our soul. Some people just don't see it, but perhaps it just comes easier to me. Kind of a weird coincidence, but I used to be a fashion designer before I gave up the trade. Specialized in real avant-garde stuff. That life really does a man in if he isn't careful. Thought I'd stop by here to gain a little nostalgia. Not much else about this town is very welcoming, is it?"

Turning to Sherry, he gave her a more pointed glance that betrayed his nonchalance. "Just a warning, but that probably was a foolish thing to say. I could have been anyone, and you gave me just enough info to blend in. You're lucky now it really was a bus station I woke up in. Derelict, hadn't been used in a while. Felt natural to start wandering, you know?"
"Well you do look like you could be living here," She remarked before looking into the mirror herself. "And you're right I should've prob- Jesus!" Sherry let out a surprised scream as she dropped the mirror to the floor, luckily it seemed that the fall did not break it. "Sorry, I thought I saw something." As she said that she turned around and looked behind the cash register. "Guess I'm just a little bit on edge."
tumblr_inline_o7aeoc4u1w1u7dmmj_100.png

Ethan initially remained silent yet again. Indeed, between Grell, Bray, and the ginger midget, the crowd the man found himself in was more lively than anyone he'd ever allied with before, for better or for worse. Maybe a bit of both simultaneously. It wasn't every day that he met someone who claimed to be "the eater of worlds" or "the great accuser." Ethan was genuinely unsure what to make of him; was he just a crazy looney who took a wrong turn, just like everyone else here? Most likely. But he had been caught by surprise before.

Simply shaking his head, he put his hands on his hips briefly. "Insane is what I think I'll call you," Ethan said after Bray had flamboyantly introduced himself, before letting out a breath from his nose, half out of exasperation, and half out of reluctant amusement. At least he didn't seem openly hostile, but how long that would last, Ethan wasn't sure. Not with whatever strange sense the man possessed to be able to see... to see the beast.

He could only hope that whatever gods existed in the sky above them all, they would be merciful enough to not shine the light of the full moon above them all.

Before he could say much more, Grell had managed to get him and others back on track, and after moving out, before he knew it, they made another stop again after a strange sound led them all to a garment store. The clothes inside looked vaguely like something he could find in England or America, but... there was something different about them. Certainly not from this time, at least. Of course, foreign clothing was nothing new to him, not after Egypt, and not after meeting with the likes of Seishin and Numahime, among the others around.

It was amazing how quickly one could be desensitized to their surroundings.

Ethan tried to remain on guard as he stepped into the store, but it was surprisingly more difficult than expected to do so when he didn't have any of his weapons on him. He felt insecure in that regard, naked even. Not that he didn't think he could handle himself with just his own fists, but the creeping air of darkness in the atmosphere continued to subtly unnerve the man with every passing second. Still, he decided to stand by Grell and the newcomer who introduced himself as Robert, among others, letting whoever else examine the mirror if they so desired. The newcomer was also quite the character right off the bat; he had a way with words over just some damned colors, and more than that, his words toward Sherry admittedly garnered a small, amused breath.

tumblr_inline_o7aersyad91u7dmmj_100.png

"Well, if you did turn out to be anyone else, guess we'd just have to kill you before you might have killed us," Ethan spoke facetiously, as though intent on matching Robert's mien in order to gauge his character, "Robert, huh? Ethan. I guess the more the merrier, as they say."

Before long, he blinked and his attention was quickly diverted toward Sherry, whose yelp had naturally caught his attention as she dropped the mirror. When she sheepishly apologized and explained that she thought she had seen something, the man initially thought little of it, shrugging it off. It was understandable that one would feel on edge in this place. It had a mysterious effect that never went away, and the man was all the more in unease because of it.

... Though indeed, it was just a little peculiar that it didn't break.

As Robert and "Queen" examined it, Ethan bunched toward them as well, pocketing his hands, attempting to get a look at it, brushing aside some stray bangs and rubbing his chin as he did so. "... Hmm. A shame my knife's gone. I think I could use a shave."

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9

The girl found herself pleased when a few of the others would introduce themselves. Getting to know everyone was a good first step. She did, however, find herself a bit flustered when Grell would curtsie at her. "Oh no, please there's no need for that. Queen is just a codename, I'm not really a queen," she stated for Grell, and even for Ethan who had commented on her name as well. "Once we solve this mystery we're dealing with, maybe I'll tell you all my real name--but I'd prefer to stick with Queen for now."

She frowned, however, when Chucky would spit out his comment about women staying in the kitchen. Chucky, please. Ethan, however, came up with a nice little come back that she fully agreed with. "You took the words right out of my mouth, Ethan." She shot Chucky another glare and said nothing else to him for the moment.

"I know how you feel," Makoto remarked to Delsin when he would comment on Chucky. "I haven't exactly gotten used to the talking doll yet myself, and it doesn't help that he persists on being as rude as possible to everyone around him." He was almost as bad as Tarlotte with her constant bouts of anger directed toward those who even wanted to be nice to her. Only, Chucky was much worse.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu @dark @Verite

"You may have a point," Makoto would say in reply to Bray. "Although, not every woman is a genuine cookie cutter model of a kind housewife. That most definitely doesn't define me." She smiled. "You are right about Joker though. It is a bit difficult to make him behave, but I do my best, don't I?" she said, shooting her male companion a teasing look.

@Josh M @Khan of the Mardu

"Anyhow, I agree with Grell. Exploring this town would be best. I also agree with Sherry that there is indeed strength in numbers. We should be careful."

With that, she began to explore the clothing store with the others.

"Mind if I take a look at the mirror?" she asked, peering in the mirror Cherry held when Robert would turn it down. She frowned, letting out a sigh when she would see her own reflection and was yet again reminded of the mask she wore.

But then, the mirror would drop. Opps.

"I didn't break, huh? Interesting. It must be strong. Are you okay, Sherry?"

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @ClothingStore​

Sherry apologetically picked up the mirror and handed to Makoto. "Sorry again, here you go."

As Makoto peered into the mirror another thing she saw in the corner of her eye what looked like a distorted tall pale figure staring right back at her. If she turned around she saw no one. If she look into it again the distored figure was taking violent steps towards Makoto with its hand raised as to try and grab her.

@Verite @Atomyk @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ClothingStore

"Depends how long you've been here," Robert said, eyeing Joker with some amusement. A kid, younger than his daughter even. Not a surprise that whatever supernatural force was behind this event was indiscriminate with their choices of prisoners. If only Robert had any clue what was going on here. What once seemed like a strange dream was looking to be something more. "I couldn't have been here for longer then thirty minutes. Seem about right with you?"

AG2tDtc.png

To Rottytops, Robert shrugged. "As she said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder." He looked serious again, calling into question if he had meant anything he had said as a joke. Or, well, that was Robert's intention, anyway.

"Hm?"

Robert's eyes widened slightly at the mirror not breaking. He was about to pick it up before one of the others peered into it. "Where did you get that?" he asked.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ClothingStore
"Sounds about right," With the way the man spoke, it started to seem more and more like he was just like them. Another person taken from their home or something, and made to explore some spooky ghost town in America. Given their situation... that was enough for Joker to be willing to work with him.

For now though, he pushed the thought aside and simply cocked a brow at the fully whole mirror. That... was definitely not a normal one, and Robert seemed to catch on as well with the way his eyes widened. That, or he was just surprised, one of the two, "Found it on the counter. Guessing it's something you're interested in?"

Ethan initially remained silent yet again. Indeed, between Grell, Bray, and the ginger midget, the crowd the man found himself in was more lively than anyone he'd ever allied with before, for better or for worse. Maybe a bit of both simultaneously. It wasn't every day that he met someone who claimed to be "the eater of worlds" or "the great accuser." Ethan was genuinely unsure what to make of him; was he just a crazy looney who took a wrong turn, just like everyone else here? Most likely. But he had been caught by surprise before.

Simply shaking his head, he put his hands on his hips briefly. "Insane is what I think I'll call you," Ethan said after Bray had flamboyantly introduced himself, before letting out a breath from his nose, half out of exasperation, and half out of reluctant amusement. At least he didn't seem openly hostile, but how long that would last, Ethan wasn't sure. Not with whatever strange sense the man possessed to be able to see... to see the beast.

He could only hope that whatever gods existed in the sky above them all, they would be merciful enough to not shine the light of the full moon above them all.

Before he could say much more, Grell had managed to get him and others back on track, and after moving out, before he knew it, they made another stop again after a strange sound led them all to a garment store. The clothes inside looked vaguely like something he could find in England or America, but... there was something different about them. Certainly not from this time, at least. Of course, foreign clothing was nothing new to him, not after Egypt, and not after meeting with the likes of Seishin and Numahime, among the others around.

Ethan tried to remain on guard as he stepped into the store, but it was surprisingly more difficult than expected to do so when he didn't have any of his weapons on him. He felt insecure in that regard, naked even. Not that he didn't think he could handle himself with just his own fists, but the creeping air of darkness in the atmosphere continued to subtly unnerve the man with every passing second. Still, he decided to stand by Grell and the newcomer who introduced himself as Robert, among others, letting whoever else examine the mirror if they so desired. The newcomer was also quite the character right off the bat; he had a way with words over just some damned colors, and more than that, his words toward Sherry admittedly garnered a small, amused breath.

"Well, if you did turn out to be anyone else, guess we'd just have to kill you before you might have killed us," Ethan spoke facetiously, as though intent on matching Robert's mien in order to gauge his character, "Robert, huh? Ethan. I guess the more the merrier, as they say."

Before long, he blinked and his attention was quickly diverted toward Sherry, whose yelp had naturally caught his attention as she dropped the mirror. When she sheepishly apologized and explained that she thought she had seen something, the man initially thought little of it, shrugging it off. It was understandable that one would feel on edge in this place. It had a mysterious effect that never went away, and the man was all the more in unease because of it.

As Robert and "Queen" examined it, Ethan bunched toward them as well, pocketing his hands, attempting to get a look at it, brushing aside some stray bangs and rubbing his chin as he did so. "... Hmm. A shame my knife's gone. I think I could use a shave."

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9

Sherry apologetically picked up the mirror and handed to Makoto. "Sorry again, here you go."

As Makoto peered into the mirror another thing she saw in the corner of her eye what looked like a distorted tall pale figure staring right back at her. If she turned around she saw no one. If she look into it again the distored figure was taking violent steps towards Makoto with its hand raised as to try and grab her.

@Verite @Atomyk @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ClothingStore

"Sounds about right," With the way the man spoke, it started to seem more and more like he was just like them. Another person taken from their home or something, and made to explore some spooky ghost town in America. Given their situation... that was enough for Joker to be willing to work with him.

For now though, he pushed the thought aside and simply cocked a brow at the fully whole mirror. That... was definitely not a normal one, and Robert seemed to catch on as well with the way his eyes widened. That, or he was just surprised, one of the two, "Found it on the counter. Guessing it's something you're interested in?"
"Whether you had your knife or not, this seems like a bit of an inappropriate time to shave, don't you think?" Queen questioned Ethan before looking in Sherry's direction. "Hey, there's no need to apologize if something startled you. You didn't mean to drop the mirror," she said, her tone soft. After speaking, the girl would then gaze into the mirror--her brownish-red eyes widening at the sight.

"Wh-What is--"

Upon viewing the pale figure in the mirror, Queen's own face paled. She would indeed look behind herself, even more startled when she would see nobody there. "...guys?"

Her knees started to shake, yet she couldn't help herself from looking into the mirror once more. She gasped when she would see the figure start to move toward her, attempting to grab her. "No, no, no, stay away!" she shouted, flinging the mirror out of her hands and onto the floor. She screamed afterwards, placing her hands over her ears afterwards and squeezing her eyes shut. "PleaseDon'tLetItGetMePleaseDon'tLetItGetMe. Go away, g-go away...."

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @Verite @ClothingStore

⛧Doomguy Prologue⛧
⛧"Kneedeep in Hell"⛧

Among the many that have awaken to this strange town, one stood the most bloodied and battle-scarred. He walked, viscera splashed against his visor and titanium armor. A demented breath left his hidden face, undying rage swollen in his heart. Propping near the door of a clothing department, the space marine looked down in his left hand.

The disembodied skull of an undead soldier stared towards him. With renewed anger, the abomination's head abruptly shattered and oozed, a goo of hellish flesh seeping through the soldier's fingers. Now, some might wonder how this simple soldier drifting through space and time was able to hold a disembodied demon head with him. There is a simple answer to that.

Fuck you

@Clothing Store

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @GreatSalmon @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Whether you had your knife or not, this seems like a bit of an inappropriate time to shave, don't you think?" Queen questioned Ethan before looking in Sherry's direction. "Hey, there's no need to apologize if something startled you. You didn't mean to drop the mirror," she said, her tone soft. After speaking, the girl would then gaze into the mirror--her brownish-red eyes widening at the sight.

"Wh-What is--"

Upon viewing the pale figure in the mirror, Queen's own face paled. She would indeed look behind herself, even more startled when she would see nobody there. "...guys?"

Her knees started to shake, yet she couldn't help herself from looking into the mirror once more. She gasped when she would see the figure start to move toward her, attempting to grab her. "No, no, no, stay away!" she shouted, flinging the mirror out of her hands and onto the floor. She screamed afterwards, placing her hands over her ears afterwards and squeezing her eyes shut. "PleaseDon'tLetItGetMePleaseDon'tLetItGetMe. Go away, g-go away...."

As the mirror hit the floor it shattered into a thousand pieces leaving no trace of it behind. "It's okay. It's okay..." Sherry replied putting her arm over Makoto's shoulder to console her. "You saw it too?" She asked. "The pale figure?"

As Sherry said that it was as if the stores lights flickered leaving them in darkness for a moment before it became bright again. "Okay...Is it okay to suggest that we leave now?"

"A fashion designer?!" Now that was exciting! "I have a love of fashion, myself. Especially anything red. Oh, how I adore that beautiful crimson, I-"

And, once again, Grell jumped as the mirror fell. "Ugh! Do be careful with things. You nearly gave me a heart attack." And it seemed Queen just about had one, too. Grell sighed. "Yes, let's move on. Maybe to a less derelict area of town."

@Verite @Atomyk @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay@LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Krieg @Jeremi @ClothingStore​

"...Yeah, and ants outnumber the sun."

Numahime remarked caustically, a rather distinct departure from the bright tone she'd had with the others she'd spoken to. She almost found the muscular hobo-looking man to be kind of amusing in a way, but his exaggerated way of speaking didn't leave a good impression on her. There was someone she knew and hated quite a bit that spoke almost as if just to hear himself speak. Roundabout and disguising everything he wanted to say in some sort of literary device, saying, or philosophy.

She seriously despised that.

Annoyed that this Bray made her think of that person, Numahime just moved along to the clothing store with a few of the others.

@Josh M @Verite @Takumi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"A hard M, huh?" Numahime laughed a little. Whether the man was serious or not, she found it rather funny.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Jeremi @dark @LuckycoolHawk9 @ClothingStore​

The look of distain from Numahime didn't bother Bray as he watch the girl walk away. Suddenly, he did speak. His words were soft, but undeniable

"I'll watch your back, if you won't watch mine."

Why Bray said that wasn't clear, but nothing with the man ever seemed to be.

About to respond to Ethan, hearing the noise Bray rushed to queen and the others. Punching a nearby wall, Wyatt shook his and looked into the void.

"That the way we're playin; this! You enjoy makin' people fearful. How about me!? You fight! I'm here, right here. I do not fear because I am, it!"

Taking a deep breath, he asked a question of Queen, his eyes staring down.

"You good? It seems to we have a fox in the hen house.Too bad there are no Hen's here. Just stronger beast."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @GreatSalmon @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee

Last edited:
As the mirror hit the floor it shattered into a thousand pieces leaving no trace of it behind. "It's okay. It's okay..." Sherry replied putting her arm over Makoto's shoulder to console her. "You saw it too?" She asked. "The pale figure?"

As Sherry said that it was as if the stores lights flickered leaving them in darkness for a moment before it became bright again. "Okay...Is it okay to suggest that we leave now?"

The look of distain from Numahime didn't bother Bray as he watch the girl walk away. Suddenly, he did speak. His words were soft, but undeniable

"I'll watch your back, if you won't watch mine."

Why Bray said that wasn't clear, but nothing with the man ever seemed to be.

About to respond to Ethan, Bray the pale Creature, rushing in front of Queen, Bray Looked at young woman with surprising mercy, surprising to some. Look into void, Bray kicked the mirror, Shattering it as he looked around the room.

"That the way we're playin; this! You enjoy makin' people fearful. How about me!? You fight! I'm here, right here. I do not fear because I am, it!"

Taking a deep breath, he asked a question of Queen, his eyes staring down.

"You good? It seems to we have a fox in the hen house.Too bad there are no Hen's here. Just stronger beast."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @GreatSalmon @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee
When she would feel Sherry place an arm over her shoulder, Makoto let out another small yelp before she realized who it was. She slowly move her hands down to her chest and placed them over her heart--which was now beating a bit faster than before. "Y-Yes, that's exactly what I saw," she stated, taking in a couple deep breaths. "What was that thing? It looked like a gh-gh-gh..." The girl trailed off, honestly unable to get the word out of her mouth. She gave up even trying to utter the word when the lights of the room would flicker, causing her to flinch. Reflexively, she clung onto Sherry's arm.

God how she hated the dark. She hated spooky things too. Why was this happening to her?

"Y-Yes, yes, let's get out of here. Let's please get out of here," she replied to Sherry eagerly glancing to the door.

She would quickly drop her hold on Sherry's arm, however, when Bray asked if she was okay and began to ramble. "Good? Oh yeah, of course I'm good. And you're good. We're all good. I'm great. Solet'sjustgetoutofhereokay?" Queen shot an anxious look to Joker, more than tempted to latch onto his arm if something else would startle her again.

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Atomyk @Verite @Josh M @ClothingStore

"Wh-What is--"

"Queen?" Joker recognized that shivering motion, that panicked tone of hers. She only got that way when something was scaring her in a true horror sense, and it had to be something she saw in that mirror. His mind worked fast, processing the facts, his eyes glancing about - something invisible, it had to be. That or an illusion of some kind...

It didn't matter what it was. All that mattered was that she needed one of them right now, and he was the best person for the job.

Shooting Sherry a quick nod in agreement to leave the store, the phantom thief moved to his partner quickly, a hand reaching out to hers to give her some sort of comfort. "Come on, lets get out of here," If she went for the arm latch, he wouldn't mind at all. Just as long as they made it out of that store sooner than later, because something told him that they weren't going to be able to deal with whatever Makoto saw in the mirror.

"Wh-What is--"

tumblr_inline_o0vm0hGz691rxsf53_100.png

"Well... Never a bad time to clean yourself up," Ethan responded to Queen. Of course, he was merely being facetious. Perhaps it was a secondhand influence of the others around him, but he couldn't help but make something resembling a joke, maybe for the first time in a while. However, whatever easy-going demeanor he had built up over the past few seconds were quickly undermined when she peered into the mirror and very evidently panicked, even more audibly than when Sherry reacted to the mirror. He took a step back by instinct as the girl threw the mirror into the floor, finally causing it to shatter, unlike when Sherry had ended up dropping it.

He raised a mystified, inquisitive eyebrow when the girl seemed visibly traumatized, crossing his arms as he looked over at Queen, being consoled by Sherry.

tumblr_inline_o0vm0kQhnt1rxsf53_100.png

"The fuck just happened?" He questioned, glancing over at the shattered mirror, before looking back at the girls, "Pale figure? Did you two... see someone else in there or some shit?"

Whatever was the case, he jerked his head toward the ceiling as the lights flickered (believing them to be candles in the ceiling) on and off, shook his head briefly and let out another sigh. Either a devil was playing tricks on them, or just a conveniently benign wind had passed by... somehow. Whatever was the case, indeed, Ethan also felt little inclination to stick around. "Fine by me. I'm sure Grell, Trevor, Numahime, and the others will be on board as well? But where to next? That big building down the street?"

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Others

AG2tDtc.png

"Hm?"

"A fashion designer?!" Now that was exciting! "I have a love of fashion, myself. Especially anything red. Oh, how I adore that beautiful crimson, I-"

And, once again, Grell jumped as the mirror fell. "Ugh! Do be careful with things. You nearly gave me a heart attack." And it seemed Queen just about had one, too. Grell sighed. "Yes, let's move on. Maybe to a less derelict area of town."

@Verite @Atomyk @Yun Lee @dark @Kaykay@LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Krieg @Jeremi @ClothingStore​

"It's something worse."

upload_2017-10-16_18-19-20.png

Trevor quipped from the back of the room, suddenly joining a group after hanging behind considerably. The shriek and clatter of glass was enough to catch his attention, but there's no denying that movement. No doubt in his mind. He saw a very brief glimpse of something in the mirror as he walked in.

It's something that doesn't belong. Something to be hunted.

Trevor's eyes widened with urgency, darting around the room as he walked forward and took brief glances at the mirror. It was a sudden rush of awareness that he hadn't felt in quite a long time. He was so far out of practice and lacked the proper mentality to tackle a situation like this, but Trevor's body seemed to move on his own these few moments, directed by instinct alone. It was like an unseen force driving him to act.

It was in his blood.

What the hell is he doing?

Trevor eyed Queen and Sherry, before turning to look upon the rest of his group as they began to clamber out of the clothing store. That makes the job a bit easier.

upload_2017-10-16_18-12-41.png

"I'll catch up."

Trevor was moving again, looking around the immediate area for something sharp to carry out of the store. Anything sharp - doesn't have to be a weapon. He'd leave the entrance open, allowing others to move ahead of him as he did his search. "This better not be a massive waste of my fucking time," Trevor mumbled to himself. He doubted these motives he just made up on the spot. Is he defending himself, or. . .

Nah.

Nah, he's looking out for himself. Trevor emerged from the clothing store a few moments after.

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Verite @Josh M @Others

"Queen?" Joker recognized that shivering motion, that panicked tone of hers. She only got that way when something was scaring her in a true horror sense, and it had to be something she saw in that mirror. His mind worked fast, processing the facts, his eyes glancing about - something invisible, it had to be. That or an illusion of some kind...

It didn't matter what it was. All that mattered was that she needed one of them right now, and he was the best person for the job.

Shooting Sherry a quick nod in agreement to leave the store, the phantom thief moved to his partner quickly, a hand reaching out to hers to give her some sort of comfort. "Come on, lets get out of here," If she went for the arm latch, he wouldn't mind at all. Just as long as they made it out of that store sooner than later, because something told him that they weren't going to be able to deal with whatever Makoto saw in the mirror.

"Well... Never a bad time to clean yourself up," Ethan responded to Queen. Of course, he was merely being facetious. Perhaps it was a secondhand influence of the others around him, but he couldn't help but make something resembling a joke, maybe for the first time in a while. However, whatever easy-going demeanor he had built up over the past few seconds were quickly undermined when she peered into the mirror and very evidently panicked, even more audibly than when Sherry reacted to the mirror. He took a step back by instinct as the girl threw the mirror into the floor, finally causing it to shatter, unlike when Sherry had ended up dropping it.

He raised a mystified, inquisitive eyebrow when the girl seemed visibly traumatized, crossing his arms as he looked over at Queen, being consoled by Sherry.

"The fuck just happened?" He questioned, glancing over at the shattered mirror, before looking back at the girls, "Pale figure? Did you two... see someone else in there or some shit?"

Whatever was the case, he jerked his head toward the ceiling as the lights flickered (believing them to be candles in the ceiling) on and off, shook his head briefly and let out another sigh. Either a devil was playing tricks on them, or just a conveniently benign wind had passed by... somehow. Whatever was the case, indeed, Ethan also felt little inclination to stick around. "Fine by me. I'm sure Grell, Trevor, Numahime, and the others will be on board as well? But where to next? That big building down the street?"

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Others
When Joker would approach Queen and offer her his hand, the girl looked down at his hand, up at his face, and down at his hand again. Instead of taking his hand, however, she pushed herself forward and against his chest wrapping her arms around his back. "I really hate ghosts, Joker, and the dark," she said quietly to him, a shiver running down her spine. She kept her face pressed against his chest for a moment, breathing in his familiar smell before pulling her face back. "I'm sorry," she said sheepishly, feeling bad for overreacting and clinging to him when she had told herself before that she would remain professional about this until later on.

Queen pulled back a bit after apologizing, but still clung onto Joker's arm. Just by feeling his body close to hers, a sense of calm had returned and she felt herself able to speak more clearly. It was then that she replied back to Ethan and the others curious about what she saw. "It's... hard to explain. I saw a tall, pale figure in the distance. I looked behind myself afterwards, but I couldn't see any of you. Then, when I looked back at the figure, it tried to... grab me. It was freaky," she stated, cringing.

When she would feel Sherry place an arm over her shoulder, Makoto let out another small yelp before she realized who it was. She slowly move her hands down to her chest and placed them over her heart--which was now beating a bit faster than before. "Y-Yes, that's exactly what I saw," she stated, taking in a couple deep breaths. "What was that thing? It looked like a gh-gh-gh..." The girl trailed off, honestly unable to get the word out of her mouth. She gave up even trying to utter the word when the lights of the room would flicker, causing her to flinch. Reflexively, she clung onto Sherry's arm.

God how she hated the dark. She hated spooky things too. Why was this happening to her?

"Y-Yes, yes, let's get out of here. Let's please get out of here," she replied to Sherry eagerly glancing to the door.

She would quickly drop her hold on Sherry's arm, however, when Bray asked if she was okay and began to ramble. "Good? Oh yeah, of course I'm good. And you're good. We're all good. I'm great. Solet'sjustgetoutofhereokay?" Queen shot an anxious look to Joker, more than tempted to latch onto his arm if something else would startle her again.

Sherry held unto Makoto as she proceeded to lead her out. "I'm not sure what that was...but it's gone now." Was the only thing she said. Monsters created as bio weapons was one thing...but ghosts? Above her pay grade.

With everyone talking and rambling, Kuro sneaked about the clothing store, looking if his tail was here.

@bleh post @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Atomyk @Verite @Josh M @everyone else at ClothingStore​

The only thing Kuro found was a crusty old sock that almost looked liked his tail.

Sherry turned to respond to Ethan "There was someone, something inside the mirror. Like a pale distorted figure. Queen saw more than I did though..."

"It's something worse."

View attachment 147742

Trevor quipped from the back of the room, suddenly joining a group after hanging behind considerably. The shriek and clatter of glass was enough to catch his attention, but there's no denying that movement. No doubt in his mind. He saw a very brief glimpse of something in the mirror as he walked in.

It's something that doesn't belong. Something to be hunted.

Trevor's eyes widened with urgency, darting around the room as he walked forward and took brief glances at the mirror. It was a sudden rush of awareness that he hadn't felt in quite a long time. He was so far out of practice and lacked the proper mentality to tackle a situation like this, but Trevor's body seemed to move on his own these few moments, directed by instinct alone. It was like an unseen force driving him to act.

It was in his blood.

What the hell is he doing?

Trevor eyed Queen and Sherry, before turning to look upon the rest of his group as they began to clamber out of the clothing store. That makes the job a bit easier.

View attachment 147741

"I'll catch up."

Trevor was moving again, looking around the immediate area for something sharp to carry out of the store. Anything sharp - doesn't have to be a weapon. He'd leave the entrance open, allowing others to move ahead of him as he did his search. "This better not be a massive waste of my fucking time," Trevor mumbled to himself. He doubted these motives he just made up on the spot. Is he defending himself, or. . .

Nah.

Nah, he's looking out for himself. Trevor emerged from the clothing store a few moments after.

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Verite @Josh M @Others

Trevor found one of the mannequins had a scissor firmly planted in its hand. After some yanking about he'd managed to procure it for his own uses. Strange that such a flimsy looking mannequin held something like that in its hand though...

Soon enough everyone had left the Clothing store and re-joined with the rest of the group standing outside. "I think it's time that we should head to that big building. Maybe we'll find something there...something that might help us." She added.

As Sherry finished her eyes widened in surprise and if anyone turned around they'd realize why.

giphy.gif

The mannequins in the clothing store had started to move and rather quickly crashed through the window towards them five in total. One of the mannequins hands slid open revealing a pistol of some sort behind it. Sherry was not going to sit around and see what came out of it. "Run!"

Hopefully you decided to follow Sherry towards the huge building as bullets whizzed over your head. As they were running Sherry was hit in the shoulder by one of the mannequins but managed to grit through it and into the building, pulling up the giant steel door into the house. Inside they found that the place looked as bad everything else so far. Luckily enough the door had a very sturdy iron bolt lock on it that should block out any unwanted guest.

nintchdbpict000282388528.jpg

Other then the lock however it did not seem much friendlier then the outside. Sherry groaned in pain clutching her shoulder slumping down against the wall.

• Love
When Joker would approach Queen and offer her his hand, the girl looked down at his hand, up at his face, and down at his hand again. Instead of taking his hand, however, she pushed herself forward and against his chest wrapping her arms around his back. "I really hate ghosts, Joker, and the dark," she said quietly to him, a shiver running down her spine. She kept her face pressed against his chest for a moment, breathing in his familiar smell before pulling her face back. "I'm sorry," she said sheepishly, feeling bad for overreacting and clinging to him when she had told herself before that she would remain professional about this until later on.

Queen pulled back a bit after apologizing, but still clung onto Joker's arm. Just by feeling his body close to hers, a sense of calm had returned and she felt herself able to speak more clearly. It was then that she replied back to Ethan and the others curious about what she saw. "It's... hard to explain. I saw a tall, pale figure in the distance. I looked behind myself afterwards, but I couldn't see any of you. Then, when I looked back at the figure, it tried to... grab me. It was freaky," she stated, cringing.

Sherry held unto Makoto as she proceeded to lead her out. "I'm not sure what that was...but it's gone now." Was the only thing she said. Monsters created as bio weapons was one thing...but ghosts? Above her pay grade.

The only thing Kuro found was a crusty old sock that almost looked liked his tail.

Sherry turned to respond to Ethan "There was someone, something inside the mirror. Like a pale distorted figure. Queen saw more than I did though..."

Trevor found one of the mannequins had a scissor firmly planted in its hand. After some yanking about he'd managed to procure it for his own uses. Strange that such a flimsy looking mannequin held something like that in its hand though...

Soon enough everyone had left the Clothing store and re-joined with the rest of the group standing outside. "I think it's time that we should head to that big building. Maybe we'll find something there...something that might help us." She added.

As Sherry finished her eyes widened in surprise and if anyone turned around they'd realize why.

giphy.gif

The mannequins in the clothing store had started to move and rather quickly crashed through the window towards them five in total. One of the mannequins hands slid open revealing a pistol of some sort behind it. Sherry was not going to sit around and see what came out of it. "Run!"

Hopefully you decided to follow Sherry towards the huge building as bullets whizzed over your head. As they were running Sherry was hit in the shoulder by one of the mannequins but managed to grit through it and into the building, pulling up the giant steel door into the house. Inside they found that the place looked as bad everything else so far. Luckily enough the door had a very sturdy iron bolt lock on it that should block out any unwanted guest.

Other then the lock however it did not seem much friendlier then the outside. Sherry groaned in pain clutching her shoulder slumping down against the wall.

"It's okay, Queen, I'm here and everything will be okay..."

Despite what comfort his words might have brought, they were almost certainly ruined by the sudden assault of plastic men and women. Gritting his teeth with a soft curse under his breath, Joker made to pull Makoto along with him as she clung to his arm, ducking and running as fast as possible. While normally, such a chase might excite him... somehow, he had a feeling that the mannequins were definitely not of the mind for even capturing criminals.

"Dammit..." Once behind locked doors, all that they could do was take stalk of the situation, and by the second, it was getting worse. They had a woman shot by plastic dummies, and they were locked in a rather unfriendly place... Well, nothing worse than what we faced in the Metaverse. "Anyone know first aid?"

Now, she may not look it, but Grell is quite capable in battle. With her death scythe and the agility of a Grim Reaper, she could definitely hold her own. But unfortunately, with neither asset here, there was only one thing she could do.

Run away screaming.

Kuroshitsuji_Book%2Bof%2BCircus%2BEp9_043.jpg

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!! GET AWAY FROM MEEEEEEEE!!" Taling off for the big building, Grell would gasp for breath once inside. "This is the worst!" She wailed. "I want to go home, I hate being so defenseless!"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide@EternalInfinity @GreatSalmon @Gummi Bunnies@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee

giphy.gif

Kuro took the sock and tried to position it like it was a tail.

A raggy disguise complete with a raggy sock. Seems fitting enough, it seems.

@anyone who wants to hang out with the mimikyu​

giphy.gif

Chucky couldn't help but snicker as the manicans attacked the group. Not because of the fact that they attacked them, but rather, their reactions to said manicans. The bullets easily grazed over his head because, well, he was only a doll. Chucky doll couldn't stifle his laughter any longer once the group made their way back to the mansion.

chuckylaugh.gif

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Ain't that a fucking bitch? A talking doll doesn't phase you fucks, but when they pull out a gun, you pussies freak the fuck out!" Chucky laughed, only laughing harder upon seeing Grell's state.