Murder Special III: Valen-Not-Fine [Non-Canon]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"..."

rsz_large_by_teh_zombish-daytw96.gif

"I just wanted everyone to have fun...."

Oh, gosh, she was tearing up, now.
"Then do not succumb to despair!" He blurted out, stepping right in without preamble.

FireShotScreenCapture019-Baccano_IsaacMiria-Itsourlife-YouTube-www_youtube_com_watch_vXEIy4C_WVUkfeaturerelated.png

"No fun can come from sadness. That brings only tears and tears are not fun at all. It's like sweating and as you know, you only sweat when you are under a mountain's worth of distress or are being interrogated in a movie or after good old hard physical labor. None of those things are good for a party, so cease your tears!" He pulled up a glass of water.

"Replenish your water unless you want to dry out."
"I do not see much 'fun' in being taken against your own will to who knows where." He walked closer to the pink haired girl and glared into her eyes. "Do you consider that fun?"
"Where is your thrill of adventure? The best type of fun is gained from not knowing what tomorrow will bring! A strange party? That's A-Okay as far as I'm concerned. Take ease, pink haired girl, I for one am not against you. And neither is my friend here, if I know her at all." He slid over, patting the otherwise silent Ennis on the back...who merely nodded in agreement.

@Hospes @Jeremi @Takumi @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @The Myrmidon @Kaykay

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
While Mabel answered to Luke, Kofuku glanced to Gowther, looking astonished by his question. "...Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate love, silly!" she explained. "For humans and gods and everyone alike to enjoy affections... and acts of them." Wink wonk. Of course, she couldn't explain further before further interruption.​
d55052e205f5aecdb02c616b5de069b592f35368_hq.gif

"... Love? Affections?" Gowther inquired curiously, glancing at the others around him as Kofuku seemed to be intimidated by the lot of them who carried a stronger aura to them than Gowther certainly did.

"I am not exactly well-versed on such a topic, but I don't think these people are displaying such an emotion," he said, as could be observed between Rinkah, Kaiba, and others. But it was of little matter to him. Almost as though actively deciding to pay those next to him little mind, Gowther continued to speak to Kofuku with little fluctuation in his tone.

"In any case, I don't believe I've heard of such a day. Who is this... "Valentine" that dictates that there should be a day humans should feel inclined to celebrate love? Is he some sort of god? And... what sorts of acts of affection do humans even express anyway?" Gowther inquired, genuinely curious. He had seen many around him express affection, like Diane hugging Meliodas, and Elizabeth hugging Meliodas, and Merlin hugging Meliodas...

... A lot of people like to express affection for Captain Meliodas.

@Hospes @Jeremi @Kaykay @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @The Myrmidon @C.T. @Crow @Hospes

Charlotte studied the strange letter again, not sure to declare it a practical joke or not. What kind of party was this? Why was there no information about where it would be? Charlotte smelled a trick...but, on the other hand...say it was true. Parties were usually theown by rich people, and where there were rich people, there were rich noblemen to schmooze!!

"What the heck?" Charlotte said to herself as she checked off the Yes box. Now, what to wear? A cute dress? Maybe that fancy perfume that one fellow sent her she saved for special occasions...

Or she could just stay in her usual clothes since she kinda just poofed there : |

"Just my luck..." she growled. Figures she couldn't look fancy! Oh well, she could just use her...assets for now, since her armor pretty much had it all on display. Oh look, some of her friends were here! She waved at Rinkah right off the bat, but a man at the booth caught her eye. Putting on her prettiest smile, Charlotte made her way to the man at the booth. "Pardon me, sir," she purred, voice dripping with honey. "What fascinating thing are you doing~?"

@Hospes @The Myrmidon
Rinkah scoffed at the tears the girl was trying to shed, trying to garner some sympathy with herself and the two men who had also challenged her. False tears and all for her theatrics involving this party now? "And I wish to be home, with my tribe as our laws dic-"

Before she could finish, the waving of a certain blonde caught her eye and she froze in shock. Was she here as well? The woman she had once always thought was always after men, but cared for her family and did all that she could for them...

"... Keep pressing her, you two," After recovering from the surprise of her best friend, Rinkah turned her head to sharpened-eared man and the white-jacketed man with a look of respect, "A friend of mine... it has been long since I have seen her, and I do not wish for her to grow enraptured by these festivities." A disgusted look accompanied the last word before the tribal shook her head and left them to the task of interrogating the girl.

She wasn't going to let her friend's heart be captured by some random rogue working the crowd here!

"Glad to know that I am not alone in being trapped here, my friend," Rinkah announced as she stepped up behind Charlotte and gave her a familiar slap on the back, a smile for the blonde on her lips as she spoke. She glanced at the man and the smile vanished as she judged him, quiet for a few moments before whispering to Charlotte, "You can do better than him. He's not strong enough."

@Hospes @Takumi @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @The Myrmidon @Jeremi @Kaykay @Yun Lee
CaptainShakespearePolaroid.png

"Well hello there, miss," the man at the booth greeted with enthusiasm, saluting Charlotte before flashing a wide smile. Her question on the topic of what he was doing only served to make that smile widen, and he clasped his hands together in front of him, tilting his head down slightly in something of a small bow as he spoke. "I'm glad you asked! We're running a matchmaking service. If you''d like to enter, feel free to jot down your name and place it in this handy little jar," he explained, gesturing to a fancy jar seeming as though it were a medieval thing.

He probably either didn't hear Rinkah, or disregarded her.

@The Myrmidon @Yun Lee

"Then do not succumb to despair!" He blurted out, stepping right in without preamble.

FireShotScreenCapture019-Baccano_IsaacMiria-Itsourlife-YouTube-www_youtube_com_watch_vXEIy4C_WVUkfeaturerelated.png

"No fun can come from sadness. That brings only tears and tears are not fun at all. It's like sweating and as you know, you only sweat when you are under a mountain's worth of distress or are being interrogated in a movie or after good old hard physical labor. None of those things are good for a party, so cease your tears!" He pulled up a glass of water.

"Where is your thrill of adventure? The best type of fun is gained from not knowing what tomorrow will bring! A strange party? That's A-Okay as far as I'm concerned. Take ease, pink haired girl, I for one am not against you. And neither is my friend here, if I know her at all." He slid over, patting the otherwise silent Ennis on the back...who merely nodded in agreement.

@Hospes @Jeremi @Takumi @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @The Myrmidon @Kaykay

"As someone who has lived in shackles to serve another. I don't much appreciate not allowing questionable figures grab me against my will." Fenris snapped at the man.

tumblr_inline_n8qfn3XAuX1suuiq8.png

"Ahhhh, no need for the formalities, haha! Call me Kofuku~" she replied, cheerfully, evidently not at all surprised or fazed by the display with the vines. But his question earned a more thoughtful look. "Eh..? Who made the treats...?" she repeated, blinking a couple of times. She seemed as though she were about to answer when another voice chimed in, a brunette sliding onto the scene.

older_mbes_by_teh_zombish-dayq94z.png

"That would be me! Mabel Pines, at your service," she declared with a flourish, laughing and poking the male on the cheek with an uttered 'womp'. She was definitely the most charming of young women, yo. He definitely wouldn't be able to resist.

While Mabel answered to Luke, Kofuku glanced to Gowther, looking astonished by his question. "...Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate love, silly!" she explained. "For humans and gods and everyone alike to enjoy affections... and acts of them." Wink wonk. Of course, she couldn't explain further before further interruption.

"..."

rsz_large_by_teh_zombish-daytw96.gif

"I just wanted everyone to have fun...."

Oh, gosh, she was tearing up, now.

@Takumi @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @The Myrmidon @Jeremi @Kaykay
tumblr_ojqi73if771v3qowuo8_100.png

"O-Oh... I see."

Luke was directing this both at Kofuku's comment on his formal behavior and Mabel's sudden appearance. Well, it wouldn't hurt to act a bit informal now... Choosing to not give any attention to those that were still quick ticked off with being here, Luke removed his hat from his head, placing it at his chest as he bowed in introduction.

tumblr_ojqi9pT6MV1v3qowuo6_100.png

"In that case, my name is Luke Estheim, the Wonderland's Hatter... pleased to make your acquaintance."

Totally still formal with his gestures. It was natural for him to be like this.

@Takumi @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @The Myrmidon @Jeremi @Kaykay
12_by_teh_zombish-d9d89il.jpg

"Right," she replied, steadily, though she hardly seemed enthusiastic. Perhaps Azusa may have wanted someone to talk to, but it seemed that the young woman didn't exactly share his sentiment. "I get that. But you get used to weird stuff like this happening... Eventually." Briefly, she glanced at her wings, mentally scoffing. She knew she had. Kicking that thought to the back of her mind, she pursed her lips as the male introduced himself, not bothering to so much as give a smile. "Name's Teresa. Teresa Agnes. Nice to meet you."

@Gummi Bunnies
tumblr_ojqi09ZsaT1v3qowuo8_100.png

"Gotcha, nice meeting ya, Teresa. Erm... so, what do you do... usually? Like, is this stuff the usual for you or something?"

Azusa had no idea on what was happening, and he got the message that Teresa probably dealt with this a lot. He didn't catch onto the supernatural parts of this, but he had no clue on what to draw from this.

@Hospes

"I do not see much 'fun' in being taken against your own will to who knows where." He walked closer to the pink haired girl and glared into her eyes. "Do you consider that fun?"

d55052e205f5aecdb02c616b5de069b592f35368_hq.gif

"... Love? Affections?" Gowther inquired curiously, glancing at the others around him as Kofuku seemed to be intimidated by the lot of them who carried a stronger aura to them than Gowther certainly did.

"I am not exactly well-versed on such a topic, but I don't think these people are displaying such an emotion," he said, as could be observed between Rinkah, Kaiba, and others. But it was of little matter to him. Almost as though actively deciding to pay those next to him little mind, Gowther continued to speak to Kofuku with little fluctuation in his tone.

"In any case, I don't believe I've heard of such a day. Who is this... "Valentine" that dictates that there should be a day humans should feel inclined to celebrate love? Is he some sort of god? And... what sorts of acts of affection do humans even express anyway?" Gowther inquired, genuinely curious. He had seen many around him express affection, like Diane hugging Meliodas, and Elizabeth hugging Meliodas, and Merlin hugging Meliodas...

... A lot of people like to express affection for Captain Meliodas.

@Hospes @Jeremi @Kaykay @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @The Myrmidon @C.T. @Crow @Hospes
tumblr_inline_n8qfngI5DC1suuiq8.gif

Still in tears with a quivering lip, and shrinking slightly into herself as Fenris glared her down, Kofuku fumbled to form a reply. "Aww, well don't put it like that... We included choices on the invite....." she sniffled, taking to rubbing her face with her sleeve after a moment. But Isaac's words seemed to lift her spirits to an extent, and she mustered a grateful smile, accepting the water with a nod and taking a sip. "Thank you, I'll do my best." It was a bold, determined statement. She didn't want to be sad if it was going to make her guests sad, too!

"They really aren't..." Kofuku agreed with Gowther quietly, pouting faintly and sniffling. But she was fighting to keep her cheerful demeanor, at least seeking to keep up with her guests' questions. Starting with Gowther's own. "Eh? You've never heard of it?" she repeated, honestly surprised by this. But even so. "Welllll... Valentine isn't a god... Valentine's Day is just a holiday humans came up with to celebrate love! And we gods celebrate, too~ Especially those on the council. We even have a matchmaking ceremony, ahaha~" she explained.

But his next question caught her even more off guard.

How could anyone not know how people demonstrated affection? Where was this guy from, anyways? Kofuku couldn't imagine a life without knowledge of affections... She'd have to mend this, and quickly. So, with a small laugh, she suddenly leapt into action, now-empty glass of water falling from her hands-- tackling Gowther with the strength to knock a human- at the very least -to the floor in a hug, snuggling him with intensity.

@Verite @Takumi @C.T. @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan

7JuXuxA.png

Thank god. A familiar face.​

Not that it mean that much considering he didn't really get too snuggly with Nohrians, even if they were supposed to be at peace. Healing took time and he was taking his, for the sake of Corrin and for his own country as well - he was a prince of Hoshido after all, Takumi only ever acted to benefit his homeland.

vNOaHMP.png

"Is this Elise's way of trying to get us to be friends? God, this is gonna be awkward." Yeah, with how he treated the Nohrians just a few months ago, how was he supposed to change that hate into... uh, neutrality? Takumi scratched his head, not sure if he should approach the white haired man. They wouldn't really have much to all about... his personality was really unlike anyone in Hoshido. "Please don't tell he's the only one- oh!"

VgJPzfu.png

"Rinkah!"

He quickly made his way over to her, a little happy he had spotted someone he could at least communicate with - even though she had left Valla to go back to the Fire Tribe. Was always sad to see a prominent member of Corrin's army leave, but he could understand why.

"Thank god you're here, I was wondering if Elise only invited Nohrians to this party - I can't relax around them. Uh, not that I need Hoshidans around to calm down or anything." He cleared his throat. "Are Oboro or Hinata around?"

"I thought this was something set up by Elise..."

vNOaHMP.png

"But going all the way to the Fire Tribe is kinda pushing it..."

@Takumi @The Myrmidon @Yun Lee

#fuck posting on mobile
Rinkah shook her head as the archer joined them, shaking her head with a sigh, "No, it was not Lady Elise... this time. Apparently, the girl with the strange hair over there put this together... and stole me in my sleep as well."

"As for the others..." Again, another shake of her head, a look of disappointed, "No, even if I wish they were here to help us as well... I've only seen Charlotte and Niles here, and to be perfectly frank, I'd rather avoid the thief if I had a choice."

"Well hello there, miss," the man at the booth greeted with enthusiasm, saluting Charlotte before flashing a wide smile. Her question on the topic of what he was doing only served to make that smile widen, and he clasped his hands together in front of him, tilting his head down slightly in something of a small bow as he spoke. "I'm glad you asked! We're running a matchmaking service. If you''d like to enter, feel free to jot down your name and place it in this handy little jar," he explained, gesturing to a fancy jar seeming as though it were a medieval thing.

@The Myrmidon @Yun Lee
Well, at least the man didn't seem interested in flirting with Charlotte and falling for her flirtatious facade.

She tilted her head to the side while looking between the bowing gentleman and the jar, confused by the service he apparently provided, "A... matchmaking service? What is such a thing?"

@Yun Lee @Sen @Hospes

Well, at least the man didn't seem interested in flirting with Charlotte and falling for her flirtatious facade.

She tilted her head to the side while looking between the bowing gentleman and the jar, confused by the service he apparently provided, "A... matchmaking service? What is such a thing?"

@Yun Lee @Sen @Hospes
"Oh, it is wonderful. As I said, you just put your name in this jar here," the man began to explain with calm excitement. "Later, we'll be doing a drawing. Two names at a time from this jar. The names drawn will be paired up for a dance that'll be happening later this evening, and if you like the match? You can spend the rest of the evening together. If not, you can rotate around. Absolutely fabulous, isn't it?" he asked rhetorically, still beaming.

@The Myrmidon @Yun Lee

"They really aren't..." Kofuku agreed with Gowther quietly, pouting faintly and sniffling. But she was fighting to keep her cheerful demeanor, at least seeking to keep up with her guests' questions. Starting with Gowther's own. "Eh? You've never heard of it?" she repeated, honestly surprised by this. But even so. "Welllll... Valentine isn't a god... Valentine's Day is just a holiday humans came up with to celebrate love! And we gods celebrate, too~ Especially those on the council. We even have a matchmaking ceremony, ahaha~" she explained.

But his next question caught her even more off guard.

How could anyone not know how people demonstrated affection? Where was this guy from, anyways? Kofuku couldn't imagine a life without knowledge of affections... She'd have to mend this, and quickly. So, with a small laugh, she suddenly leapt into action, now-empty glass of water falling from her hands-- tackling Gowther with the strength to knock a human- at the very least -to the floor in a hug, snuggling him with intensity.​
A lot of info to process. The hardest that Kofuku herself was a goddess. But Gowther also was made even more curious by the notion that it was humans who felt the need to create a holiday to celebrate a basic emotion. If that was the case, were there holidays celebrating other emotions as well? This was such a--

Pomph.

Before he knew it, Gowther suddenly found himself on the ground, pulled (or rather, pushed) into a hug by Kofuku. Though he was admittedly quite surprised, not even for a moment did his expression change. His eyes did not widen, and the shape of his mouth did not shift. There was no indication that he was surprised at all, other than the question he posed after laying there for a few seconds with Kofuku on top of him:

"... Why did you do that? I was not feeling cold, physically comforting as your body heat might be," Gowther simply said, looking down at the so-called goddess, blinking once. But then... Hugs were given when people were... happy? If so, then was she... feeling happy about something? Or... Oh.

"Is this a so-called display of affection? If so, I don't think I was quite ready for it."

Indeed, it was far too personal, more intimate than he was used to. With that, he looked over at the others, waving his hand at them.

"... I think I require assistance."

@Takumi @Hospes @C.T. @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan

tumblr_inline_nzonnvjwFe1r3leyb_100.png

Oh. That. "Ahhh, I guess we forgot to mention that, huhhhh..." she replied, absently. Though it'd be a lie to say she seemed hung up on that. She did, however, seem confused by the mention of some sort of 'Civil War'. "...Eh? What are you talking about?--" No.. Wait. He had mentioned something much more grabbing of her attention. Her smile faded away, replaced with a downcast look and an almost childish pout.

tumblr_inline_n8qfngI5DC1suuiq8.gif

"I sent Addy-chan a special invite, but I don't see him here..." she sniffed, as though she might just burst into tears due to this development. "And Sh-- huh?"

Glancing to Lucina, Kofuku paused before nodding. "That's right. Do you need something?"

@Takumi @Crow

"I was just curious as to--" she blinked when other people suddenly started speaking to the pink haired girl and interrupted Lucina's train of thought. How rude.

"It seems my questions have been asked and answered." she muttered, momentarily placing a hand on the sheath for Parallel Falchion subconsciously with a sigh.

Rinkah's Prologue

Peace had been restored to Hoshido and Nohr. A new nation had been raised up, one of peace and strength, led by the child of a god-like dragon who had brought the world the moment's reprieve it needed from war. Each day that Valla stood was another day that the east and west lived in harmony with one another.

Each day was another that Rinkah's talents as a warrior and her tribe's isolationism were not needed.

tumblr_inline_o75avrupRT1u747st_100.png

Yet they continued to stay true to their traditions, honoring the God of the Flame as they maintained the holy pyre that stood in the center of their home. Each day, they trained their skills as warriors, lived their lives as tribemen, and pushed away outsiders, did their best to still remain aloof of them. Though the war had ended much of the tension between the Flame Tribe and the outside world, the people within the tribe still remembered the history and the mistakes of the past. Their storytellers would not allow the memory of what had happened the last time an outsider had managed to put out the flame to fade, and as long as they remembered, Rinkah's cousins and fellow tribesmen would not repeat the mistakes of the past.

When the war began, Rinkah could not wait to return to the tribe and remove herself from the outside world. When the war ended, the tribal heiress had believed that the ache for her newfound friends would fade eventually as she accepted her duties as a leader and focused on her life in the tribe.

Yet each day, the pain in her heart grew. She recalled the woman who had proven more devoted to family than any of them, the royal who had hunted with her to take deers and boars, and even that annoying butler that she had shared tea with and who grew to understood her need for solitude... each of them were close friends, along with many others in the Hoshido camp and a few in Nohr's...

But now, she could not simply leave the camp. Her father was preparing her to be the leader of their tribe, knowing that one day, she would need to be ready to guide their extended family in worship and life. Each day was filled with more and more lessons on how to be a passionate as the flames and as strong as the earth, with little break for time to herself.

Which made it all the more surprising when the strange lettered appeared in her tent as she cooked her evening meal, setting itself upon a small box that she kept her cooking supplies in.

"What is this...?"

tumblr_o4mz1pQ2831rs0zxko1_r1_500.jpg

None of her clansmen had brought the letter to her, in person at letter at least, and she doubted they could have snuck in while she cooking... Nor would they dare, knowing her wrath was not a force to be trifled with. So how did it end up here?

For a moment, she thought of throwing it in the flames, to use it as kindling and as an offering to the flames... but something drew her to open it. Perhaps it was curiosity, wondering if perhaps it was a letter from one of her friends. She doubted that Lord Takumi, Oboro, or Kagerou would send a message in this style, preferring scrolls... so perhaps it was from Charlotte or Jakob? Benny could have as well sent it, to remind her that she did not need to always be closed away from others, or even that hanger-about Keaton...

For as much as she valued the solitude that her tribe proclaimed, she couldn't resist the chance at speaking with her distant friends, or to just read their words and know them once again... which only made her even more agitated when she saw what it had to say.

"Valentine's...? What a load of hogwash. Who even sent this?"

Someone would be in for an earful of her ranting and a sore arm of her beating in the morning... but for now, the woman who did not understand the holiday focused on her meal, nearly cooked and ready. She set aside the letter, far enough in her mind to avoid the flames from consuming it just yet... but just close enough for a bit of ash to fall on the box for one of the responses, and to take her to the ballroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lord Takumi, Niles? Is this another of Lady Elise's jokes that she manged to rope Sakura into helping with?"

She had gone to bed before she had been taken, waking up in the new place had been a shock. At the moment, the only thing keeping her from going wild was the presence of men she recognized... Though they seemed just as confused as her.

Whatever, she would keep close to them even so. It was better to keep together as a pack in situations like this... and besides, it would allow her and Takumi to become familiar with one another again. Even if she was rather grouchy at the moment about being spirited away to a new place.

A spiriting away that seemed to have happened because of the girl with strangely pink hair who ran about. With a growl, she barked out at the woman, trying to get her attention.

"You there! What is the meaning of this?"

@Hospes @Takumi @Sen @Yun Lee @Peeps wanting to talk to a grouchy savage @Other Fates players​

Niles gave a tilt of his head towards Rinkah. She....knew him...as well as Lady Elise? Things were getting stranger and stranger by the minute. Though, he did remember both Hoshido and Nohr joining together in Izumo, if only briefly. It was rather amusing, but he couldn't recall speaking to either Hoshidan before him.

Ah, Charlotte was here. It seemed that the woman who had called out to him also knew Charlotte, but on a friendly level. Very strange, but he could brush this off. Possibly.

Shrugging he turned and went towards the refreshment table. There were many people he could flirt--talk with. Though he decided to simply observe for the most part.

A lot of info to process. The hardest that Kofuku herself was a goddess. But Gowther also was made even more curious by the notion that it was humans who felt the need to create a holiday to celebrate a basic emotion. If that was the case, were there holidays celebrating other emotions as well? This was such a--

Pomph.

Before he knew it, Gowther suddenly found himself on the ground, pulled (or rather, pushed) into a hug by Kofuku. Though he was admittedly quite surprised, not even for a moment did his expression change. His eyes did not widen, and the shape of his mouth did not shift. There was no indication that he was surprised at all, other than the question he posed after laying there for a few seconds with Kofuku on top of him:

"... Why did you do that? I was not feeling cold, physically comforting as your body heat might be," Gowther simply said, looking down at the so-called goddess, blinking once. But then... Hugs were given when people were... happy? If so, then was she... feeling happy about something? Or... Oh.

"Is this a so-called display of affection? If so, I don't think I was quite ready for it."

Indeed, it was far too personal, more intimate than he was used to. With that, he looked over at the others, waving his hand at them.

"Um, miss I think that'd be enough." Lucina said sheepishly as she held her hands out to help the two up.

@Sen @Yun Lee @The Myrmidon

@C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Hana @Verite @Bomb @Kaide` @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Hazel-rah @Mason Moretti @Jeremi @Sumirenko @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Ryu Keiko @Gands @york

Rinkah scoffed at the tears the girl was trying to shed, trying to garner some sympathy with herself and the two men who had also challenged her. False tears and all for her theatrics involving this party now? "And I wish to be home, with my tribe as our laws dic-"

Before she could finish, the waving of a certain blonde caught her eye and she froze in shock. Was she here as well? The woman she had once always thought was always after men, but cared for her family and did all that she could for them...

"... Keep pressing her, you two," After recovering from the surprise of her best friend, Rinkah turned her head to sharpened-eared man and the white-jacketed man with a look of respect, "A friend of mine... it has been long since I have seen her, and I do not wish for her to grow enraptured by these festivities." A disgusted look accompanied the last word before the tribal shook her head and left them to the task of interrogating the girl.

She wasn't going to let her friend's heart be captured by some random rogue working the crowd here!

"Glad to know that I am not alone in being trapped here, my friend," Rinkah announced as she stepped up behind Charlotte and gave her a familiar slap on the back, a smile for the blonde on her lips as she spoke. She glanced at the man and the smile vanished as she judged him, quiet for a few moments before whispering to Charlotte, "You can do better than him. He's not strong enough."

@Hospes @Takumi @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @The Myrmidon @Jeremi @Kaykay @Yun Lee

@The Myrmidon @Yun Lee

Rinkah shook her head as the archer joined them, shaking her head with a sigh, "No, it was not Lady Elise... this time. Apparently, the girl with the strange hair over there put this together... and stole me in my sleep as well."

"As for the others..." Again, another shake of her head, a look of disappointed, "No, even if I wish they were here to help us as well... I've only seen Charlotte and Niles here, and to be perfectly frank, I'd rather avoid the thief if I had a choice."

@Yun Lee @Sen @Hospes

"Oh, it is wonderful. As I said, you just put your name in this jar here," the man began to explain with calm excitement. "Later, we'll be doing a drawing. Two names at a time from this jar. The names drawn will be paired up for a dance that'll be happening later this evening, and if you like the match? You can spend the rest of the evening together. If not, you can rotate around. Absolutely fabulous, isn't it?" he asked rhetorically, still beaming.

@The Myrmidon @Yun Lee
Charlotte clapped her hands together, excited by the prospect of matchmaking. This man was probably a servant, so no need to try and win him over, but to be paired up with a rich man...perfection!

As she wrote her name and put it in the jar, the slap on her back surprised her. "Hey! Who the-" Her fury was replaced by joy as Rinkah joined her. "Rinkah! Good to see you!" As she was still keeping her delicate flower facade going, Charlotte opted for a girlish hug in greeting. "Why, are you going to be signing up for this darling game?"

@Hospes @The Myrmidon

@The Myrmidon @Yun Lee
tumblr_inline_o75avyNZrm1u747st_100.png

"Forced to debase myself by leaving a match to chance and expecting to dance with some stranger?"

Clearly not enthused by the idea, the silver-locked oni looked to her friend with a bored expression, "Please tell me that you do not plan to take a chance on this, Charlotte."

@Hospes @Sen @Yun Lee

Charlotte clapped her hands together, excited by the prospect of matchmaking. This man was probably a servant, so no need to try and win him over, but to be paired up with a rich man...perfection!

As she wrote her name and put it in the jar, the slap on her back surprised her. "Hey! Who the-" Her fury was replaced by joy as Rinkah joined her. "Rinkah! Good to see you!" As she was still keeping her delicate flower facade going, Charlotte opted for a girlish hug in greeting. "Why, are you going to be signing up for this darling game?"

@Hospes @The Myrmidon
"Nice to see you as well..." Rinkah returned the hug with one arm, before shaking her head, "Not at all. Why waste my time on this when it will most likely be a mistake? Besides, I don't even desire to be here..." Her voice suddenly dropped in volume, becoming a mutter only her and Takumi could hear, "You two just barely make it bearable..."

Pomph.

"I was just curious as to--" she blinked when other people suddenly started speaking to the pink haired girl and interrupted Lucina's train of thought. How rude.

"It seems my questions have been asked and answered." she muttered, momentarily placing a hand on the sheath for Parallel Falchion subconsciously with a sigh.

Niles gave a tilt of his head towards Rinkah. She....knew him...as well as Lady Elise? Things were getting stranger and stranger by the minute. Though, he did remember both Hoshido and Nohr joining together in Izumo, if only briefly. It was rather amusing, but he couldn't recall speaking to either Hoshidan before him.

Ah, Charlotte was here. It seemed that the woman who had called out to him also knew Charlotte, but on a friendly level. Very strange, but he could brush this off. Possibly.

Shrugging he turned and went towards the refreshment table. There were many people he could flirt--talk with. Though he decided to simply observe for the most part.

"Um, miss I think that'd be enough." Lucina said sheepishly as she held her hands out to help the two up.

@Sen @Yun Lee @The Myrmidon

@C.T. @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Hana @Verite @Bomb @Kaide` @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Hazel-rah @Mason Moretti @Jeremi @Sumirenko @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Ryu Keiko @Gands @york
Vb6bQ.jpg

"Sometimes the best help one can get, is none at all. People have to solve their own problems after all." Najimi put a hand on Lucina's shoulder, a sage look plastered on her face. "Every new experience is an amus-, a learning experience."

Or perhaps a mixture of both.

@Takumi @Hospes @C.T. @Jeremi @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan

tumblr_ojqi73if771v3qowuo8_100.png

"O-Oh... I see."

Luke was directing this both at Kofuku's comment on his formal behavior and Mabel's sudden appearance. Well, it wouldn't hurt to act a bit informal now... Choosing to not give any attention to those that were still quick ticked off with being here, Luke removed his hat from his head, placing it at his chest as he bowed in introduction.

tumblr_ojqi9pT6MV1v3qowuo6_100.png

"In that case, my name is Luke Estheim, the Wonderland's Hatter... pleased to make your acquaintance."

Totally still formal with his gestures. It was natural for him to be like this.

"Gotcha, nice meeting ya, Teresa. Erm... so, what do you do... usually? Like, is this stuff the usual for you or something?"

Azusa had no idea on what was happening, and he got the message that Teresa probably dealt with this a lot. He didn't catch onto the supernatural parts of this, but he had no clue on what to draw from this.

@Hospes

rsz_mabes1_by_teh_zombish_dayq92m_by_teh_zombish-dayuelz.jpg

"Well nice to meet you, too, Luke!" Mabel replied with enthusiasm, internally giggling. The way he spoke all prim and proper was totally adorable. "Pfft, you don't have to, like, bow, though. I'm not royalty or something, haha. Unless you're a prince and want me to be your queen-- I mean... Whattttt? Hahaha... Haha... Ha......"

Love me.

@Gummi Bunnies

Pomph.

tumblr_nc9ni4iiyj1tm97tqo1_500.gif

Well, unluckily for Gowther, Kofuku seemed to have no sense of personal space, her entire body waggling as she snuggled the unfortunate sin, feeling him up all the while. Though it didn't seem intentional, she just seemed... Oblivious to personal space. Of any sort. Of course, Gowther's response only earned a pleasant giggle as she continued. "It's not to warm you up, it's a hug! To show affection~" she explained, simply, continuing in her actions despite both Gowther and Lucina's words. Someone would probably have to pry her off. In any case, she was strong for someone so small.

@Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @C.T. @Takumi @Crow @Crimson Spartan

@Yun Lee @Sen @Hospes

NPhaM1K.png

"So is this lady going to send us home if we ask her? I mean, I didn't do anything or ask to come here - I think." Takumi sighed, "We only celebrate Valentine's because of the Nohrians."

1bpM8Nj.png

"Yeah, I don't fully trust Niles just yet..."

@The Myrmidon @Yun Lee
"Nice to see you as well..." Rinkah returned the hug with one arm, before shaking her head, "Not at all. Why waste my time on this when it will most likely be a mistake? Besides, I don't even desire to be here..." Her voice suddenly dropped in volume, becoming a mutter only her and Takumi could hear, "You two just barely make it bearable..."

vNOaHMP.png

Now that he was sure this wasn't set up by Elise or his sister, surely he could start commenting on everything. Right? "That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. We have no idea where we are and you expect us to dance with someone?"

"I barely know anyone here! Except you, Rinkah. And Charlotte. And technically Niles."​

bZhRQkQ.png

Takumi stared at the two ladies.​

"I am not dancing with the two of you. D- Definitely not Niles either."

@Hospes
stare_by_teh_zombish-d9i8xbx.png

"..."

Well. That was mildly amusing. Giving the male a raised eyebrow, Teresa fought the urge to scoff, forcing herself to reply more seriously. "Parties? No. Weird, inexplicable events, often stricken by tragedy, disaster, and just plain odd events? That's a little more like it," she mused. "As for my job, well... You said you're a freelance designer, right? I don't think you'd believe me if I told you what I do."

@Gummi Bunnies

@Hospes @The Myrmidon
tumblr_inline_o75avyNZrm1u747st_100.png

"Forced to debase myself by leaving a match to chance and expecting to dance with some stranger?"

Clearly not enthused by the idea, the silver-locked oni looked to her friend with a bored expression, "Please tell me that you do not plan to take a chance on this, Charlotte."

@Hospes @Sen @Yun Lee
NPhaM1K.png

"So is this lady going to send us home if we ask her? I mean, I didn't do anything or ask to come here - I think." Takumi sighed, "We only celebrate Valentine's because of the Nohrians."

1bpM8Nj.png

vNOaHMP.png

Now that he was sure this wasn't set up by Elise or his sister, surely he could start commenting on everything. Right? "That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. We have no idea where we are and you expect us to dance with someone?"

"I barely know anyone here! Except you, Rinkah. And Charlotte. And technically Niles."

bZhRQkQ.png

"Suit yourself, dear," Shakespeare replied, tilting his head momentarily. "But you never know. Little things like this can lead to much bigger, better things. You might even stumble upon your true love," he stated with a glint in his eyes. Good thing none of his crew was here... He would likely never hear the end of it. Pausing only momentarily, the man spoke again, this time more quietly-- specifically, to Rinkah and Charlotte. "Oh, and ladies? There's a nice stock of dresses and gowns through the hall, second door on the left. Do feel free to help yourself to something nice."

@Yun Lee @Sen @Takumi

NPhaM1K.png

1bpM8Nj.png

vNOaHMP.png

"I barely know anyone here! Except you, Rinkah. And Charlotte. And technically Niles."

bZhRQkQ.png

"My tribe doesn't even celebrate it..." Rinkah grumbled with a scowl before nodding in agreement with Takumi. It really was one of the most ridiculous ideas she had ever heard of... Though that didn't mean she couldn't make some comments of her own.

tumblr_inline_o75awma9HI1u747st_100.png

"Heh, is that fear I hear from you, my friend? I would have thought you could handle I and Charlotte in something like a dance..."
stare_by_teh_zombish-d9i8xbx.png

"..."

Well. That was mildly amusing. Giving the male a raised eyebrow, Teresa fought the urge to scoff, forcing herself to reply more seriously. "Parties? No. Weird, inexplicable events, often stricken by tragedy, disaster, and just plain odd events? That's a little more like it," she mused. "As for my job, well... You said you're a freelance designer, right? I don't think you'd believe me if I told you what I do."

@Gummi Bunnies

"Suit yourself, dear," Shakespeare replied, tilting his head momentarily. "But you never know. Little things like this can lead to much bigger, better things. You might even stumble upon your true love," he stated with a glint in his eyes. Good thing none of his crew was here... He would likely never hear the end of it. Pausing only momentarily, the man spoke again, this time more quietly-- specifically, to Rinkah and Charlotte. "Oh, and ladies? There's a nice stock of dresses and gowns through the hall, second door on the left. Do feel free to help yourself to something nice."

@Yun Lee @Sen @Takumi
tumblr_inline_o75avtdjAW1u747st_100.png

"... Is there something wrong with the clothing of my people?"

@Yun Lee @Sen @Takumi @Hospes

Vb6bQ.jpg

"Sometimes the best help one can get, is none at all. People have to solve their own problems after all." Najimi put a hand on Lucina's shoulder, a sage look plastered on her face. "Every new experience is an amus-, a learning experience."

Or perhaps a mixture of both.​

tumblr_nc9ni4iiyj1tm97tqo1_500.gif

Well, unluckily for Gowther, Kofuku seemed to have no sense of personal space, her entire body waggling as she snuggled the unfortunate sin, feeling him up all the while. Though it didn't seem intentional, she just seemed... Oblivious to personal space. Of any sort. Of course, Gowther's response only earned a pleasant giggle as she continued. "It's not to warm you up, it's a hug! To show affection~" she explained, simply, continuing in her actions despite both Gowther and Lucina's words. Someone would probably have to pry her off. In any case, she was strong for someone so small.​
tumblr_o4cif8pRWu1v7af0uo3_r1_400.gif

"Solve my own problems... And here, I thought that humans would be more sympathetic at the sight of another at plight," Gowther only said in response to Najimi, looking back down at Kofuku and attempting to push her off him with his own bout of superhuman strength, his palm almost nonchalantly pushing against her face more specifically, and in turn, pushing against the arms of hers that were wrapped around his body.

"I'm afraid that I do not know you nearly well enough to be able to return any sort of act of affection. I still must wonder... What drives one to feel the need to express these acts in the first place? Why do humans think that exchanging body heat is a desirable display of such an emotion?"

@Hospes @Kaykay @Takumi @Jeremi @C.T. @Crimson Spartan @Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.