Mentoring Request Thread!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for: Preferably an Intensive Mentor
Experience level: Not very much
Weak point: I love writing, however, I do have a problem with starting to write.

Looking For: Any
Experience Level: 2 years with one other person.
Weak Point: Extending my writing.
Optional: CosmicWeinerDog

CLAIMED BY COSMICWEINERDOG

Looking For: Any
Experience Level:
3 years on and off (collectively about 1)
Weak Point: Details, unintentional GMing (sorry!!! D'x) and character creation
Optional: CosmicWeinerDog

Looking For: Intensive
Experience Level:
I've been roleplaying for about two years in more official ways, but I have been the "GM" for my siblings' psuedo-LARP games since I was 7 or so.
Weak Point:
My post length is lacking, and I need to improve my descriptions (character and otherwise).
Optional:
Malkuthe Highwind

Thanks!

CLAIMED BY MALKUTHE

Looking For: An intensive mentor, though I would be thankful even for advice
Experience Level: Zero. I didn't even understand what an RP was until a few days ago
Weak Point: In terms of RP's, I don't know since I haven't tried, but I imagine that working my writing into the other players' flow will take some practice.
*edit: Optional: I'm pretty good on things like grammar, but I have a lot to learn about actual roleplay. I'll take anybody who's free

Looking For: Intensive Mentor
Experience Level: I have been roleplaying for seven years.
Weak Point: My biggest problem is character interaction and description, though I suppose whoever takes me under their wing will notice a glut of problem areas.

CLAIMED BY CRIMSONMAIDEN

Looking For: An intensive mentor would be awesome!
Experience Level: Several years, but I've never reached a level I would consider 'good enough'. Then again, I am a perfectionist, so...
Weak Point: I would like to work on making good, believable characters! And then characterizing them through roleplay without just listing their traits. Things like using descriptive language! I am more used to writing lab reports than prose.

CLAIMED BY CRIMSONMAIDEN

Looking For: An intensive, or semi-intensive mentor - meaning, I do not expect to be posting everyday nor do I expect the mentor to be doing the same. Once every week or so would be a good pace for me.

Experience Level: I've lurked around roleplaying sites, but have never been in any roleplays that have actually gotten off the ground. Iliana was my mentor for a while last year and it was a very great experience!

Weak Point: I don't do well at advancing plots and/or creating plots. My posts seem like they mostly respond to what has happened in previous posts, but never help develop or push the plot forward - and I'm just not sure how to do that and where the boundaries are.

CLAIMED BY IB

Looking For: Either? I am sure what is meant by counseling, but Intensive seems more fun. Is a mix possible?
Experience Level: ~6 Years.
Weak Point: I believe it's my delivery and sentence structure or writing style in general. The way I speak is mirrored in my types, and I speak with gaps or strange sentence structures and it can be somewhat confusing. I'd love to also just make my writing 'wow' people. I find my sentences seeming dull, but necessary so it's hard to eliminate them.
Optional: Anyone with the patience of a saint.

CLAIMED BY IB

Looking For: Advising.
Experience Level: I started almost 5 years ago. About 6 months more recently.
Weak Point: Length and action description.

CLAIMED BY LSTORM

Looking For: Intensive Mentor to RP with
Experience Level: ..... Um... Half a year?
Weak Point: Not Really Sure :C

NOTE: I asked for a Mentor before,but she's having some "problems" and well.. I couldn't even practice with her... So, Please, I need Someone D:

I don't mind having a female Mentor....
But i'd like to improve my "Romace" Style in Roleplay. soo.... Idk XD

Looking For: Intensive Mentor.
Experience Level: I've been roleplaying for about eight or nine years?
Weak Points: Starting. I always find myself coming up with a lot of ideas, but I never put them down on paper or onto word. I always second guess myself, and question if they'll be good enough. I also have a bit of trouble with Characterization description and regular description. I notice that I either put too much, or use very little of it.

Experience Level: About two years.
Weak Point: My biggest issue is confidence in my writing. Also being a new member on this site and on *forum role playing*, I think it'd be best to have someone help me so I don't really make that much of a fool of myself. ^^ Grammar needs some help, character development, (I tend to be a bit too focused on that), so I'd like to work on story building instead.

CLAIMED BY VAY

Looking For: Advising Mentor
Experience Level: I used to roleplay about 1-2 years ago everyday for about a year and didn't have internet connection anymore, until now, that is
Weak Point: The thing is, I'm totally cool with my writing skills, I'm fine there. I just have a few questions like, after filling out a character form for an already in session roleplay, how do I enter the roleplay without being a total interruption?

Experience Level: I just started roleplaying, have only roleplayed once or twice with my boyfriend and some of his friends.
Weak Point: My self esteem. I have fairly good writing skills, and I have a lot of creative ideas, just have problems reaching out to people and just jumping into a conversation.

CLAIMED BY VAY

Looking For: I would prefer an intensive mentor.
Experience Level: 1 year of casual roleplaying, aka not worth mentioning.
Weak Point: Getting my character involved with the plotline. Explaining, sentences ending up rather long or barely any description. Eventually battle.

Experience Level: I did a little RP but I felt uneasy
Weak Point: when I get good ideas is doesn't come on the pages the way I hope it would. Most of the times I get writer's block or a lot of grammar mistakes. My character's lack emotions and involvement in the plotline. I would love to be more descriptive and improve my romance RP.

Looking for: Intensive and Advising Mentor
Experience Level: About 3 years.
Weak points: Role playing other genres than Romance, and others that related such Fantasy/other time/era/age + romance, homosexual relationships/Yaoi. Simplify, I wouldn't role play other things than Romance and I need help with my grammar and also help with other tools needed in role playing like imagery and descriptions.
Optional : Grumpy or Ib would be my choice, but I am glad to have anyone in the listing as a mentor.

Thank you.

Looking For: Either.
Experience Level: About 4 years, but I've only been trying for about two.
Weak Point:
My biggest issue is details. I cannot stand them at all. I prefer to get straight to the point of the sentence and no matter how much I put that stupid habit through it won't die.

CLAIMED BY LSTORM

Experience Level:
Almost a year now (1 year on May 7 yay) but I've been gone for months!
Weak Point:
I bring my real self to the RP (me = socially awkward) and usually I am at a loss for words to express my character's feelings. I'm not too good with details. Character development = none (I just stay in the jump-in RPs because I think the level of the ones with CS is too damn high for me)
I am looking for the following:
Character Advice, Creative Advice, Roleplaying Advice, Writing Advice
It's important that my Mentor is willing to RP with me:
Yes
Optional:
PS I applied before but I was busy at that time (so now is my time to develop my RP skills) :)

CLAIMED BY VAY

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.