POLL if i changed iwaku's signature color from green to some other color would everyone explode and die

what if iwaku wasnt green?

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
iwaku has always been green >:[ except that one time it was brown. why? cause most websites use blue or red as their signature colors and my ass wanted to be different.

will it ever change? could we even stand it? I DON'T KNOW. BUT I LOVE COLORS AND SOMETIMES I JUST LIKE THINKING ABOUT COLORS.

What is YOUR dream color palette that you wish you could look at every day on Iwaku? I am very into sci-fi retrowave/synthwave right now 🤔 I'm digging those neon spacey colors on black

ff52767b2d5a14330b9b6fa5008e79a6.jpg

iwaku has always been green >:[ except that one time it was brown. why? cause most websites use blue or red as their signature colors and my ass wanted to be different.

will it ever change? could we even stand it? I DON'T KNOW. BUT I LOVE COLORS AND SOMETIMES I JUST LIKE THINKING ABOUT COLORS.

What is YOUR dream color palette that you wish you could look at every day on Iwaku? I am very into sci-fi retrowave/synthwave right now 🤔 I'm digging those neon spacey colors on black

ff52767b2d5a14330b9b6fa5008e79a6.jpg
Okay I would love this. I love vibrant colors on black like that!

Also, make the donating member one a vibrant pretty purple and I will love you forever. xD

I always miss that one time we had those different images for backgrounds. I would definitely not mind some color!

Oh those colors in the picture are VERY nice.

• Love
Reactions: Lyrikai
I support the proliferation of synthwave colour palettes to all aspects of life, and will physically fight anyone who disagrees.

• Love
I despise change in any capacity, for it reminds me of the sheer smallness of my unimaginably short time walking in the mortal coil and am naught but a dinosaur screaming ineffectually at the meteor coming to flatten my gigantic ass and make way for the rise of poop eating rodents to grow thumbs and dirty the streets I used to roam.

You will win my heart with synthwave 😍

I die for that neon light look!

How I do like the green of now, the synthwave colors do catch my eye!! Just happy that there's a heads up here because last time another site did this, they just said 'haha, awoop purple jumpscare'

• Love
You will also get me every time with retro synthwave colors...
I freaking love some of the palettes on this site though too.
Particularly Cyberpunk and Cloud Color

• Love
tbh I like it as it is, it's neutral enough, GREEN IS A CALM COLOR, let our color speak through in our code and images in threads. But I'm an iwaku newborn pleb. 👶

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Lyrikai and jarek56
Why not add more style options? There are RP sites I visit that have radically different color scheme options, plus holiday themes. Could make it a community thing to vote on new ones to be officially added, or something like that. I have no idea if that's been done here before, but I noticed the 'styles' section in preferences and figured that'd be a way to make (mostly) everyone happy.

Personally, I need a 'night mode' type color scheme for my poor eyes. As long as that's still an option, I'm cool with any changes.

• Useful
That's a good question. Hey @Diana, can you add more theme options to the site or is it too difficult to do? I don't know how that all works but like a full on dark mode with other colors would be nice.

So once upon a time we had upwards of 30 something styles cause I LOVE making color palette styles.

The PROBLEM with having a bunch of styles is that on site updates, it can kinda be a huge bitch to have to go back and edit bunch of styles if the software changes something >:[ Also it will make updates take quite a bit of extra time depending on what kind of update. Having a bunch of different color styles also makes your fancy bbcodes look like absolute CRAP SHIT GARBAGE if you don't remember that other members will have different backgrounds than you designed you bbcode for. XD Likewise, the username colors will not be readable across all the styles.

THESE DAYS the rate I do software updates is much slower, as well as template systems are a liiiil better? I haaaave been thinking about doing color palette styles again. O: And bbcoders will just have to step up their game? The only problem left is username colors. Do we just deal with it for the cool aesthetics?

I DONT KNOW. I BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT. I REALLY MISS MAKING STYLES. WHICH I WHY I POSTED THIS THREAD.

• Useful
So once upon a time we had upwards of 30 something styles cause I LOVE making color palette styles.

The PROBLEM with having a bunch of styles is that on site updates, it can kinda be a huge bitch to have to go back and edit bunch of styles if the software changes something >:[ Also it will make updates take quite a bit of extra time depending on what kind of update. Having a bunch of different color styles also makes your fancy bbcodes look like absolute CRAP SHIT GARBAGE if you don't remember that other members will have different backgrounds than you designed you bbcode for. XD Likewise, the username colors will not be readable across all the styles.

THESE DAYS the rate I do software updates is much slower, as well as template systems are a liiiil better? I haaaave been thinking about doing color palette styles again. O: And bbcoders will just have to step up their game? The only problem left is username colors. Do we just deal with it for the cool aesthetics?

I DONT KNOW. I BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT. I REALLY MISS MAKING STYLES. WHICH I WHY I POSTED THIS THREAD.
Styles like themes we can change our site to?

I mean.... I wonder if... I'd offer to help but I'm useless at coding. But maybe I can help you find something for username colors that will work for every theme?

Does that mean staff would no longer be in green also???!!???! PLEASE!! Maybe? Consider it?! :)

username colors cant work for every theme if i get to make styles THE WAY I DREAM OF MAKING GORGEOUS STYLES

username colors cant work for every theme if i get to make styles THE WAY I DREAM OF MAKING GORGEOUS STYLES
Are you sure we cannot find a perfect balance? Somehow?

yes XD it's hard enough finding a color that works across white background all the way to black background. There is no way to color match on top of stuff like blues, or reds, or browns.

yes XD it's hard enough finding a color that works across white background all the way to black background. There is no way to color match on top of stuff like blues, or reds, or browns.
Well that's fucking lame.

In that case, screw it, we will deal with the username color issues as users. I don't care, I want pretty themes!