I made this

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Nothing too awesome, I don't do much besides writing, really.

I did make this about four years back, for my then soon to be born niece. ^_^ It was crotched, and very soft and warm.

[spoili]Blanket.jpeg [/spoili]

I made a simple Python script that enters Iwaku and, namely, the last page of Partner Connections, for me!

...Probably more to come.

• Useful
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti and Greenie
I made this Thud board for my GSCE design project. I was going to make pieces as well but my schools CNC lathe was (and probably still is) broken so I've just used chess pieces instead.

Attachments

• Thud.jpg
    Thud.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 6
So this totally started out as a joke in my AP physics class in high school, that I would make a Tesla coil for my final project. Whenever we did labs, I was usually the one who broke things (or fried resistors >.>), so the idea of me making something as electrically powered as a Tesla coil was a running joke.

But I ended up joking about it so often, that I actually had to commit to doing it.

This is the end result, and the coolest thing I've made to date:

(it's loud...)

Basic construction is a 9kv 25mA Neon sign transformer powering 6 Snapple bottles filled with water, salt, and mineral oil making makeshift capacitors. Then a 2ft tall 1.5ft wide PVC pipe covered with about 600 turns of 24 gauge copper wire with a 10ft piece of copper tubing funneled around the PVC pipe — the bright light at bottom is the spark gap, and the dim light at top is a light bulb being powered by the electricity created by the entire thing. I actually ended up using a larger discharge terminal at the very top, but never got a video with it on.

Managed to shock myself on it only once.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this totally started out as a joke in my AP physics class in high school, that I would make a Tesla coil for my final project. Whenever we did labs, I was usually the one who broke things (or fried resistors >.>), so the idea of me making something as electrically powered as a Tesla coil was a running joke.

But I ended up joking about it so often, that I actually had to commit to doing it.

This is the end result, and the coolest thing I've made to date:

(it's loud...)

Basic construction is a 9kv 25mA Neon sign transformer powering 6 Snapple bottles filled with water, salt, and mineral oil making makeshift capacitors. Then a 2ft tall 1.5ft wide PVC pipe covered with about 600 turns of 24 gauge copper wire with a 10ft piece of copper tubing funneled around the PVC pipe — the bright light at bottom is the spark gap, and the dim light at top is a light bulb being powered by the electricity created by the entire thing. I actually ended up using a larger discharge terminal at the very top, but never got a video with it on.

Manged to shock myself on it only once.

AP physics.

That reminds me of a video that I made with a friend of mine made for our AP physics class:

I'm the purple one.

I am making a fem!Junkrat cosplay. It's my first time actually constructing stuff for a cosplay. I'm usually just a closet cosplayer. The Riptire is going to be an issue.

I don't know about ever - there have been many things, but I made this most recently. It's not really the nicest in quality of my metalwork, but I think it has been the most interesting. Copper and poplar.

(Half) totally unwearable. (As in...for the brave soul with a loud sense of style)

OrgMan_Worn.jpg d.jpg d2.jpg

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti and Greenie
So this totally started out as a joke in my AP physics class...

Funny thing about school projects. Had an Aviation class, way back in "those days"... so long ago, not sure if it was that or my Power Mechanics class. But, anyway... everyone was given the same model rocket kit to build, with the goal we would all see them launched. I was the only one to "ignore" the instructions. I re-designed my rocket, placed all three fins on the same side, with two little fabricated fins opposite. Call it a little experiment. Thought it would be interesting to see how such a configuration would "buck" the wind.

Well, as luck would have it, on Launch Day, we did indeed have a wind. So much so, our teacher had to tilt the launch pad, so, when the rockets were parachuting down, they wouldn't be blown off school grounds. A rocket would launch, and everyone would chase it down-wind to catch it. Everyone's rocket did the same thing. Me? I held my rocket till the last... everyone had teased me about my "modifications", hadn't bothered to pay attention to my reasons... so, they all ran down-wind when mine launched, just like they had for all the ones before. I ran upwind... and caught my own rocket as it came down... up-wind of where every other rocket had gone. Everyone else on the opposite side of the field. Heh. Showed up the whole class!

Gotta say that was the coolest thing I made. Oh, and I still have that rocket, by the way... brought it out to look at as I wrote this. Priceless memento.......