Earth 777: Legacy of the X (Marvel Supers)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Cool story cashier lady," he said with a sarcastic smile. Wade took a seat in front of Cody and stared him down. "Why are you so grumpy all the time wreck face?" he asked as his stare slowly turned into a glare. He tilted his head and waited for an answer. He was then sidetracked by Lucy. "Oh yeah I guess...you're Lucy right?" he asked smiling under his mask once more.

Lucy slams her face into the table. "I need water! Now! Please!" She can't believe a guy would ignore her! The outfit, that she had to wear, was skin tight. It showed all her curves and everything. Boys droll over her and now one stupid one can't even look at her!

Harpoon gave just the faintest of smiles and shook his head, pushing the wrist-thick braid of raven black back from one shoulder, to hang over the back of his chair.

Deadpool slowly rotated his head back to Harpoon, a little creeped out by Lucy now. "Seriously! Your face is worse than mine! You don't see a lot of faces that are worse than mine! How do you even get chicks with that wreck face of yours dude?" he asked. "It looks likr Ghosty just wrapped his chains around your face and tightened it as hard as he could, then ran over it with that bike of his! It's nasty dude...really...you should get it fixed!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Magnolia was giggling. If nothing else, Deadpool was funny. But she stayed in her corner, Lucy looked mad and she didn't know what she was capable of. She just knew it was probably deadly.

Lucy sighs. "Does anyone have water? please." She looks around and sighs again. "Great. Nobody wants to know then. Good for them!"

"'Chicks'. I don't 'get chicks'. I'm straight edge... no sex outside commitment. And I'm not worried about my looks. I hear you have more issues than I do, face-wise. Pot, meet kettle." Harpoon took a sip of his tea.

Sindra strolled out from behind the counter, prancing on skyscraper heels; already 6'4", the heels made her tower at a queenly height. Smirking at the discussion, she brought Lucy the water she asked for.

"Does anyone else need something to eat or drink?

((Sorry for the slow responses, folks, I am in Boston and my time has ben just ate up! LOL))

Softly, Magnolia spoke up. "Can I have a chai latte please?" she asked. She had been going to get one anyways so might as well ask for one when the offer's made.

Lucy takes her gloves off and dips the tip of her finger in the water. You can see the electricity from her show in the water. "It's so beautiful!"

"Absolutely, sweetie," Sindra smiled. She wandered back behind the counter to make Magnolia's chai latte. "And yes, that electrical display is lovely. Just be careful... book store, you know. I don't want anything to catch fire!"

Harpoon turned to see the use of powers and gave a concerned frown. "Lovely, yes, but how is your control with that? I know from painful experience that energy-emission abilities can be unpredictable when you start out." The Marauder seemed to have dismissed Deadpool from his attention for the moment and Nightcrawler had gone silent.

Lucy glares at Harpoon. "Would I be stupid enough to do this if I couldn't control it?" She took her finger out of the water and so did the electricity. "See? No harm done."

"You might be surprised," Harpoon said mildly. He stood and walked to the counter, the braid swinging behind him at the level of his waist. His relationship with Sindra was long-standing enough that she trusted him behind her counter to see to his own refill. He returned a moment later with a fresh cup of chai. "I've seen many people screw around with their powers, and you also did make mention of not being able to be touched—yet there you sit, taking your protective clothing off among strangers without a care as to who might be about. You are clearly not a veteran on the scale of someone like Nightcrawler here, or Deadpool, or like myself. My strong suggestion is perhaps to save the showing off for people you know for certain that you can trust."

Lucy's eyes widen. "Excuse me?! Who do you think you are?! You certainly aren't my boss! That's for sure! Yes I am a bit unstable but it doesn't mean I don't know how to control myself!"

"I am Harpoon. I am a Marauder. I may not be your 'boss', as you so stridently declare, but I am a veteran mutant operative. The fact that you equally-loudly state yourself to be unstable isn't boosting my confidence in your capability of controlling your powers." Harpoon never raised his voice, but the obsidian eyes had taken on a hard glint.

"And Harpoon isn't merely a Marauder," Sindra cut in quietly. "He's a shaman—a holy man. If you're going to be rude to him, you need to leave, because I won't have a priest of any faith verbally abused in my store."

Lucy looks down. "Sorry for the outburst. I shouldn't have said anything at all."

"Apology accepted," Harpoon said gently. "I'm only saying anything myself out of concern for your safety and well-being. I've seen enough harm to my own kind, these days, so I can be kind of a mother hen." He smiled and leaned back in his chair. "My own apologies for coming off as patronizing—that wasn't the intent."

A few moments later, a young man strolled into the shop. His features were hard, unhandsome and Celtic and he as well was clad in black and wearing the hexagram emblem. The lad—maybe nineteen summers at best—said nothing. He dipped his head in acknowledgement to Harpoon's nod of permission and settled at the table, eyes of palest grey darting over the various faces.

Lucy sits back down and drinks her water quickly.

The young man with the guitar watched Lucy keenly, his hard face unsmiling and unreadable.

"You're staring, Dexter," Harpoon said quietly.

"Sorry, boss." The accent was thickly Northern Irish—not entirely pleasant, though the deep baritone spoke of vocal training.

Lucy giggles. "You know I can hear you both right?"