City of Fire (example writing for my OC Tuarv)

yearofsilence

Lance
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Tuarv comes from a small island isolated from the rest of the continent of Enzuria that still lives a paleolithic hunter-gatherer lifestyle. This work is about the events that lead Tuarv to leave her island and what comes after that.
"Do you hear them?"

Tuarv and Rerv are sitting by the campfire in the Oski clan cave. Tuarv, a stocky blonde, has her ear to the slim and tall brunette Rerv's big belly. Bold, daring Rerv, always looking for the next adventure, is embarking on the journey of motherhood. Probably any day now, her waters will break, and a new life will be brought into this world.

Thump, thump, thump

"I hear it! I hear it!" Rerv touches her hand to Tuarv's hair tenderly. Tuarv looks up at her, and the two smile at one another. Tuarv gets to her feet and walks with Rerv -who waddles at this point in her pregnancy- to the wall in the cave where all the Oski trace their handprints in red ochre. The two touch their hands to their tracings -side by side, just like the two always are.

"Soon their hand will be on this wall, too." Rerv looks over at another hand -Jendac, the father's. "Jendac is so excited. He's already talking about all the hunting trips they'll be going on."

"And I'll be right there with them." Oski women hunt with the men up until they have children.

"You don't want a baby of your own?" Tuarv pats her own stomach through her animal skin tunic.

"I don't know. Maybe one day." She isn't entirely sure -honestly, she's a little scared of pregnancy. Not everyone makes it through. The Oski have lost a lot of women to it -it's sacred, sure, but dangerous too. But she smiles at Rerv. "But I'm really excited to be an aunt."

"You're going to be the best aunt ever."