BUG Not receiving emails and alerts

• Before posting a thread, please take a look at the Iwaku FAQs to see if your question has already been answered there!

Yuuki_Tatsunohi

勇気 竜火
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Modern, Magical Realism, Slice-of-life, AU, Post-apocalyptic, mythology, time travel, fandom, romance, slow burns. Well, basically anything except for what is stated in the "Don't Like" section
Hello!

title says it all: I'm not receiving alerts or emails on threads. one of my partners replied to a thread of ours and I didn't receive an email that they did. they told me so, and when I checked I didn't see an alert. it wasn't until I checked my "watched threads" did I see the the reply. I'll provide screenshots with the exception of emails for privacy.
Screenshot_20240307-155226.png
Screenshot_20240307-155213.png

Screenshot_20240307-181028.png
Screenshot_20240307-155247.png
the bolded text in green is the reply from my partner.

Okay, so sometimes a thread gets messed up and thinks that it's already sent you an alert and thus it wont spam you and send more! So you have to go view the thread and view every page (or at least the most recent 5 pages) of the thread to kinda reset it and get it to start sending alerts and stuff like it's supposed to.

OR using "Mark all threads/forums as read" will also do the trick on resetting it!

It's the same for emails sometimes too, but I would double check your spam filter juuuust in case.

for the first two, will I know it reset everything if someone replies to the thread?
edit: clearly I did receive an alert for this one lol

as for the email, I did check my spam as I thought that was the case too! but nada :(

for the first two, will I know it reset everything if someone replies to the thread?
edit: clearly I did receive an alert for this one lol

as for the email, I did check my spam as I thought that was the case too! but nada :(

Yeah, it should start giving you alerts properly again for the the thread! :D