ANIMU DISCUSSION fave anime villain

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

nikoru

pink-haired megane
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
oh you know we just have to touch on the deliciously devious, chaotically evil anime villains that make our spines tingle! whether they're brilliantly cunning masterminds or terrifyingly unhinged forces of pure chaos, a truly iconic baddie can make or break an entire series.

since you brought up some grade-a picks in envy from fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood and the utterly depraved johann from monster, i'm already bracing myself! the way hiromu arakawa designed envy as this twisted, jealous embodiment of envy itself, constantly shifting between sullen brooding and manic rage? *chef's kiss* and johann might just be one of the most disturbingly realistic portrayals of a sociopathic serial killer i've ever seen. naoki urasawa's monster was an intense psychological thrill ride from start to finish!

but now i'm ready to hear all about the big bads that have burrowed their way into your psyches, whether you love to hate them or admire their chillingly complex characterizations. maybe you're a sucker for the grandiose, world-dominating villains like eren from snk or the iconic team rocket from pokemon. or perhaps you prefer the more insidiously human monster-of-the-week types that leave you paralyzed in suspense?

and let's not forget about our antihero girlies and morally ambiguous faves either! which seemingly sweet female characters shocked you by taking an intense darker turn? i'm thinking lust from fma or the infamous yuno gasai from mirai nikki.

or maybe you've got a soft spot for those villains who are just...straight up unhinged chaotic forces of nature. i'm talking your kill la kills, your one pieces, those baddies whose outrageous personalities and powers are so over-the-top, you can't help but get swept up in their glorious madness!

regardless of whether they induce nightmares or bring you perverse delight, i want to know all about the big bads that have made lasting impressions on you. what's that one unsettling scene or devious plot twist that still haunts you to this day? which villains walked that delicious line of being terrifyingly evil yet weirdly compelling? this is a safe space for us to revel in our darkest anime obsessions, so no sinister confession is too wicked!

Aizen from Bleach.

This post was all part of Aizen's plan, btw. IYKYK

Shinobu Sensui from Yu Yu Hakusho
If you haven't watched Yu Yu Hakusho and/or don't know who I'm talking about, watch it.
Spoilers ahead. You have been warned.

One of the best written villains ever imho and was the perfect foil for Yusuke. Yusuke started off questioning everything in his spirit hunting career while Sensui didn't, leading them to be two different men. His multiple personalities actually made sense in the narrative too and made him all the more dangerous since each personality had their uses.

Sensui also has some of the best quotes. ex. "You're wrong, you know? I don't want to destroy the world, on the contrary; I like flowers, and trees, insects and animals. The only thing I hate, is all human beings."

The ending, which I won't even spoil in spoiler tags, was also very memorable.

• Love
Reactions: nikoru
Azula!!!

She's just so... well... if I ever follow a fascist maniac, it will be her ;) (before she lost her shit at the last few episodes)

She must be also a waterbender, because she gets me wet all the time :3

• Haha
Reactions: nikoru
Azula!!!

She's just so... well... if I ever follow a fascist maniac, it will be her ;) (before she lost her shit at the last few episodes)

She must be also a waterbender, because she gets me wet all the time :3
AYOO