Zone of the Enders: F.A.T.E. Squadron (Space Opera/Mecha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got the forum up guys. I'll make the first IC post probably later tonight since I have a long day of work and of course church. Have a very Merry Christmas/Happy Haunnakah/Happy Kwanza/Great whatever you will be celebrating within the next few days. Hope this forum can serve as a great holiday gift. :)

OPEN SIGNUPS - Zone of the Enders: F.A.T.E. Squadron | IwakuRoleplay.com

Reactions: RogueSphinx
Hmm shall we start, or give them a couple more days?

I'm going to be making the first post here right now actually. As far as I can tell those other two haven't been on the website since their original posts so I'm just going to imagine they probably left the site for personal reasons or what have you. I'll try to get something up here in the next half hour on the IC and then we'll see what and who we can gather from there. If need be I'll create some secondary characters that won't play large parts in the story but we can use them as plot movers for the time being. See you folks in just a tad.

Meh sucks with how many good rpers this place has, but kk I'll wait.

And we are up folks. Just check out the IC and I have my first post. I didn't want to make it anything too forward as to give you two a chance to build your characters and kind of get a feel of the tone for the early prologue. But don't worry, it won't take too long as it will just give us a chance to like I said, build characters as well as make some interaction for the future chapters in the series. Plus it allows for folks to join in at a point where we are still establishing the story rather than fall into it in the middle of a major plot point. Happy posting everyone.

• Love
Reactions: RogueSphinx
WIP

Name: Kynan Michaels
User: Deathwatch101
Appearance: Kynan is grey haired due to genetics he is pretty much fully grey though dark brown hair can still be seen in his hair and is kept relatively short, his eyes contain to ring of colour that seem to slightly vary from day to day primarily remaining the majority grey with an occasional expansion in the hazel that remains in his eyes.
His facial appearance is relatively young especially when he is fully shaven, it wouldn't be uncommon to assume he is younger than he is, having only a slight bump on his nose which would be hard to notice without extremely keen eyes, his skin tone is also quite a pale white.
His body stature is rather thin and lanky due to a large variation in exposure to a mixture of different Gravity Levels due to regular moving about, he stands around 6ft tall in height and weights around 60kg in Earth Gravity.

Personality: Kynan isn't one for following chain of command lacking a Military Background, he is undisciplined and doesn't follow a military code of conduct, as such he will commonly either man jokes, flirt or make "witty" comments to or with others.
In addition Kynan can be fairly lazy, if he doesn't have to do something, he won't do it, taking every day at a time and not worrying about the past or the future, makes him a rather laid back character.

In terms of relationships Kynan commonly avoids relationships in the long term in terms of romance, though he will make friends he avoids becoming attached to people due to in his line of work normally either they or you don't last very long, thus he commonly is used to short flings and the like.
In terms of combat etiquette, he also has a higher view of self preservation and has a higher lean to keeping his own sorry arse alive than risking his own life for others due to the commonly solo occupation of test pilotting.

Backstory: Michaels is not a member of the UNSF or its Orbital Frame Division, but rather he is a Test Pilot for the Anders Corporation and its Affiliates, his current job has lead him to become to companies resident live field tester after a number of incidents that were no fault of the company that rendered the vast majority of the old live testers dead and the rest with significant injuries that now prevent them from the testing of Orbital frames.

Michaels was Settlement born, being part of the Anders Company following along the lines of his family all of whom were or are staff of the Anders Company, Kynan made an attempt to break into the testing of prototypes and ended up becoming one of the Apprentice Test Pilots managing to survive his course with all his body intact, after a series of accidents, he is currently the oldest of the Test Pilots whom had been fully trained by the company that is still capable of pilotting.

The Company has deployed the Andromeda its latest test unit to show off its new technology to the military in an aim to boost its sales and pull in investors, prior to them fully marketting it to the military, even if it would cost them a test pilot in event their was a unit destruction.

Due to his Corporation Background, Kynan doesn't carry firearms and isn't trained with their use, though he can throw a punch or two in a cafeteria brawl, hes not exactly going to be able to stand up to a trained fighter in a situation that is out of a Frame, even with a frame his experience is more around pushing tech to its limits rather than combat ability which he commonly relies heavily on AI input to assist him in any Test Engagements as such he lacks Live Combat Experience with enemies that are actually intending to kill you for real.

Battle Skills: High G Trained, High Reaction Speed, Zero G Trained, Experienced Frame Piloting
Equipment: Pilot Log Book, I.D, Flask (Alcohol), Metal Pen, Fire-Retardant Flight Suit and Helmet

Orbital Frame Sheet
Name: Andromeda
Pilot: Kynan Michaels
Appearance: Andromeda
The Andromeda is a Modified STU 13-34, It stands at around 2/3 of the size of standard of the day Orbital Frames, an old redundant training unit quite literally found in the companies to be disposed of industrial waste, It has since been modified extensively to replace lost testing units, these standard modifications include a lighter more improved reactive armour architecture as well as new weapon mountings for kinetic projectile weaponry as well as housing for shoulder mounted drunk-fire missiles when they are mounted as well as allowing for the mounting of advanced tech.

It has been equiped with The Anders Companies Latest Drive System developed by Corelius Lmt a subsidiary company, these drives feature 4 primary thrusters that allow the drives to changes its mounted units direction and angle of attack in addition to have sub thrusters on its shell to all for more degrees of movement and precision.

The Training Frame's upper core has been changed and expanded to seat The Companies latest AI architecture featuring 360 fish eye camera's, thermal scanners and the like to help the AI identify and analyse threats and react as well as top of the line targeting systems.

The colouration of the Frame itself is in the colours of the materials prior to any factory painting just having a protective layering applied rather than any paintwork, to avoid any unnecessary cost, the only additions are a number of the Companies Emblems added on the Frame and many visible serial numbers.

AI Computer: Epsilon, Epsilon is a multiple personality AI unit capable of seizing control of the Frame if needed as well as forcefully ejecting the pilot to allow it to reach stages that would kill a human pilot, its personality can vary depending on which system is under the most stress at what times.
Combat Personality - Calm, Methodical
Evasive and Mobility - Straight to the Point

Weapons: Fragmentation Cannon - A wrist mounted kinetic weapon system than fires a cloud of scattershot designed to cause damage in a large spread, though at moderate+ range it loses single target accuracy.

Cloud Pattern Swivel Cannon - A back mounted weapon system using backblasts to massively reduce recoil on a frame to accelerate a projectile over long range, with a gimbling gyro system to aid with ranged target.

Sub-Programs: Prototype AI System - A Prototype AI System with higher levels of computing power to allow for precise targeting as well as evasive calculations simultaneously.
Fhenite Drives - A Prototype Drive System that allow the Frame to reach extreme speeds with extreme manoeuvrability.

Design Specs: Speeder and `Adaptable (Multiple Weapon Mount Options)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don't see this as anything overpowering for the most part but I will let you know that if you'd like there is something that basically falls into the Fhenite Drives in the Z.O.E. universe already. Sorry, I totally was misreading your description of that when you mentioned it to me earlier. It is called Zero Shift.

Zero Shift is an ability unique to high level Orbital Frames, using the space compression abilities of metatron to transport the entire frame short distances near instantaneously by means of the urenbeck catapult. Appearing to the naked eye as outright teleportation, frames using it gain near insurmountable combat advantage due to the massive increase in speed and manoeuvrability, appearing behind their opponents and performing high speed hit and run attacks. The two frames using it, Anubis and Hathor, were indeed able to quickly overwhelm their counterparts Jehuty and Isis, despite most other capabilities being of a similar level.

While this is only short distances, it is also something that was pretty rare and still in early development during the game storylines. Since your character works with a corporation it is possible to say that Anders worked heavily on the Zero Shift technology with the remaining tech of the Jehuty Frame that was left in the second game and developed it into something that would work with longer distances. Sorry again about that misunderstanding on my part. Other than that I don't see much else wrong with this. And you wouldn't necessarily need to make the Prototype AI a subprogram if you'd like. Instead you can use the homing missile sub program since you mentioned wanting mounts on the shoulder of the Frame.

I was thinking more of a point prior to Zero Shift, though it wouldn't be a bad idea, surely some Frames have a higher speed than others ?? light weight speedy frames etc, the idea behind the drives was the ability to turn on a dime at high speeds obviously such manuevers come with consequences because it can kill people depending on the manuever.

EDIT: is their any theory behind how often Zero Shift can be activvated

EDIT 2: obviously the extreme bit was my idea about ammunition in terms of things allowing different fire patterns if you want i could write my whole suggestion about that too you ?

@MixedUpGuy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.