ZomBies Go Boom: Chapter Two ( Re-encounters )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darlene nodded as Olivia spoke. "Okay, got it. I'm on it like I'm on your mom." She paused for a moment, as Mason let out a quick sigh, arching his eyebrows up in a look of annoyance. She paused, and then shrugged somewhat dramatically, heaving her shoulders up high before allowing her arms to quickly fall back down in an unnaturally exaggerated way. "Alright, alright, fine. I'm sorry - I'll stop making bad jokes, and deal with things by beating the shit outta the infected and any random survivors I happen to come across. That better?" She watched as her brother nodded in approval, and then, with a quick eye roll, turned to walk over to the other vehicle.

It was a small blue car, whose back windows were so covered with stickers from within the car, one couldn't help but assume the vehicle had belonged to a family with a child. Though she was no expert on car models, and it's current state was no help, Darlene would have guessed it was an old Chevy Cobalt. It appeared as if the driver - most likely out of panic - had gone out of control towards the end, and had crashed diagonally, driver-side first, into a guardrail.

She made a semi-circle around the vehicle, before finally approaching the passenger's side, and peering inside the window. The car was devoid of threats, though the sight inside was a sickening one. Sitting in the driver's side seat was a person - or, what was left of them. Bloodied and rotten, it took Darlene a few moments to realize that what she was looking at was the bottom half of a human, the rest of them having apparently been devoured by the sick roaming around outside. She winced slightly, and went to lean in through the passenger side door, which had been left ajar. She quickly scrambled around for anything of use in the front seat, though she was hesitant to let her hand roam anywhere near the stinking corpse. Coming up with nothing of use, she sighed, and pulled away - taking a step over, and turning her attention to the backseat instead.

If the front was bad, Darlene would consider the backseat worse. The passenger side door was again, already ajar, and she went to lean in, trying to ignore the implications of what she saw. It was mainly empty, other than a cooler and teddy bear on the floor, and an infant carseat on the driver's side. The back passenger's side window was broken and bloody, with some of the shards having fallen into the bloodied infant seat. She drew in a quick breath as she stared at the scene, hoping what she thought had happened hadn't. Quickly shaking the thought out of her mind, she leaned forward, and opened the cooler - examining the contents. It was largely empty, the only contents being two cans of apple juice, a box of raisins, and what appeared to be rotten fruit. She stuffed the apple juice and raisins into her backpack, before allowing her gaze to linger over the teddy bear for a moment. "You're coming with me, new pillow." She said, scooping the child's toy up with a slightly forced looking smile. "Alright, time to show Olivia and assface what we got, 'kay?" She glanced at the teddy bear, as if she expected it to respond, before tucking it under her arm and turning away from the car.

She ran over towards the van, to find Mason already sitting inside, and Olivia standing nearby.
"Hey guys, I got snacks!" She exclaimed, going to scramble inside the van. She scooted away from the door of the van, reaching over to grab her brother's shirt, and wipe her wet face off against it - their argument from earlier, as well as her anger over their situation in general, apparently already forgotten. "It's not much!" She continued, setting her backpack down once she was finished. "Not really much at all, but eh, it's better than nothing." She reached inside her backpack, and pulled out the supplies she had just gathered, setting them down on the floor. "Besides, who doesn't love some good apple juice?" She paused. "Not sure it's still good, but, we used to buy the canned stuff at home and I'm pretty sure it lasts a lonnnngggg time. So it should be. You can do the honors of being our food tester."

She nudged a can of apple juice towards Olivia with her foot, and hugged the teddy bear to her chest, glancing around the van. "...So... you guys take a look around here yet? Think there's anything good? Seems pretty empty - but, hey, that rope can definitely come in handy. And there might be something in this suitcase." She kept the teddy bear hugged against herself with one arm, apparently hesitant to put it down, and reached out to drag the suitcase closer to herself.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Somehow, everything seemed to be falling into place even for a short time, after all the madness all around them. At least, they managed to run away from the dirty idiots, which Olivia knew very well from before. Well, before the Apocalypse anyways, as she was more than certain that now they were even more dangerous. In all this craziness, deep down a tiny flame of Faith was still alive and she did thank God for looking after them.So far.

However, she closed the van letting her body to slide down, with a deep sigh as her hand set aside her crossbow. With the free hand, Olivia brushed her wet hair out of her face and wiped her eyes from the water excess. For now, they could rest. At least for a few hours. The issue was that they needed to come back to the highway, hopefully find a working car, some more supplies and if they were lucky enough.. Jason. And the others.
Olivia smiled briefly at Darlene, especially because she brought a teddy Bear with her, most definitely that will become her best friends for now. So it seemed, she did not liked her brother that much lately. Funny family. Despite their arguments, Olivia was clever enough to know for a fact that they loved each other and cared about each other very much.
Her eyes turned to look at both of them, with another deep sigh, parting her lips as if wanting to say something, then closed her mouth. After a few moments, her mouth opened once again, with her hands crossed across her wet shirt.

" Guys, I think for now we can finally get some rest. We should think later on of a plan of how to get back on the highway, without being a bait for the Walkers. In any case, as I think you must agree with me on this one, we are lucky that we found this van here and use it as a shelter. God, I miss a good bed! Arhh…"
Olivia spoke, taking a deep breath, while her body had begun to shake from the cold; her mind was miles away, going from point to another point of how to deal with the situation and the Near future ones as well. Damn her brain. And curse her heart.. She missed Jason a lot. Fuck.
Nevertheless, Olivia had to do something about the cold, and the fact that she was soaked wet with the clothing sticking to her body like glue. And so, it was only one option that she had. Not very happy about it, not to mention uncomfortable, but she had to do it unless she had a Death wish.
And so, She slowly stood up on her feet, moving her hands to take her shoes off first and toss them to the front of the car, as now her hands moved at her chest. Her emerald eyes stared at Darlene's brother for a moment, feeling her cheeks getting warmer just at the thought. Then again, she had no choice.

"Alright, I must say that I am not very comfortable what I am about to do next, but Darlene please say to your brother not to freak out.Okay?Do that for me please..
And also, I hope you might have a spare piece of clothing for me."

Speaking, Olivia took a deep breath, and in a fast movement her shirt was off and tossed to the front of the car, her chest moving up and down from the weird sensations going inside of her. It has been a long time since she was almost naked in front of a guy. Embarrassment took over again, but tried to hide away that sensation at the back of her mind. Then, her fingers moved to the zipper of her jeans, as her eyes looked at Darlene. She could tell that Olivia was beyond embarrassment right then, and was quickly contemplating if she should tell her brother to turn around or something.

Her body begun once again to shake really bad, having this sensation of being way to hot in a matter of seconds. Her hands stuck at the base of her jeans, with her breathing still not controlled, as her heart continued to beat faster than a subway train. Damn it. Get a grip of yourself, Olivia.
Suddenly, a dizziness feeling took over, causing her mind to be all fuzzy and her vision turned blurry, as Olivia could not see properly anymore in front of her. The last thing she remembered before everything going dark, was the concerned face of Darlene.
Then, her body turned to jelly, causing Olivia to faint and fall down as darkness took over her.

Jason looked back over at Rolf and cursed a bit. His friend had passed out from blood loss. While others might have been willing to leave him behind to save their own asses that was not how Jason was. He hurried over to his friend and picked him up and slung him over his shoulder. He couldn't fire his shot gun like this so he had to count on the other two to help him out. "I'll carry Rolf you two are going to have to cover for us. Oh and if you try to abandon me and Rolf I'll drop his ass and shoot you guys before any of those undead bastards even get a chance to grab you" The tone of his voice clearly showed he meant it but if you knew Jason personally like Rolf did you would know it was an empty threat and that he couldn't do that no matter how much he might have wanted to.

With that he led the other two out of the building and down the road. When Jack asked his question Jason looked over his shoulder at him and sighed before he looked ahead again "I don't know..we got separated a month or so ago..I don't even know if they're all still alive..but I hope they are there's...one person in particular that I need to see again..at least one last time before this is all over" With that he clamped up and quickened his pace. Now wasn't the time to be getting lost in the clouds. His friend was unconscious he had two strangers walking beside him that could jump him at any moment and you could never forget the army of undead that was constantly searching for them either.

Jason knew they needed to find a truck. They had to get to the highway. That's where Olivia and the others would be. He knew they had to be. Jason continued to walk through the ruins of the city looking at every car he could find trying to find one that might have the keys in them and that could still run. It seemed like they had been walking forever when he finally spotted a 2008 ford F-150 it didn't look to be in that much of a bad condition and might still run. The only question was if it still had gas or not. "Jack see the black Ford up there? go check it out see if it has keys and or gas in it. Even if it doesn't have keys in it maybe we can hot wire it somehow. If there isn't gas then I know how we can get some in it but keys are the first thing we need to worry about"

As Jason got close enough to the truck he gently set Rolf down in the back of the flatbed and went around to the drivers side. He tried the door and it opened without any resistance which made him give a sigh of relief mostly since the alarm didn't go off. He then hopped inside and started searching for the keys.

it only took him a few minutes to find them hidden inside the dashboard. He gave another sigh of relief and put the keys in the ignition and revved the engine. It started with no trouble and the gauge showed they had a full tank of gas. "Wow...lady luck is shining on us today everyone get in now" As soon as everyone was inside the truck he shut the drivers door and pulled away from the side of the street heading towards the highway where he hoped he would find Olivia and the others. The only thing he didn't like about the truck was that the engine was pretty loud so anyone or anything would be able to hear the engine from a good distance. Lucky for them there didn't happen to be any walkers nearby.

@~\The Talentless/~ @Jakers @Mr.Scales

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Darlene nodded, as Olivia spoke about how much she missed beds. "Oh, god, yes." She huffed. "A bed would be amazing."
"Agreed." Mason nodded. "I'd kill for one. Or a hot shower, a hot shower would be great right about now."
"Yeah, you are starting to smell." Darlene sighed, wrinkling her nose up in feigned disgust.
Mason scowled, and went to smack his younger sister in the back of the head. "Oh, shut it."

Despite the lingering animosity between the two, Darlene went to lean against her brother, keeping her new stuffed animal hugged tightly to her chest, as she continued to stare at Olivia. It was an almost cute scene, with the smaller girl cuddled up against her brother, who had slung his arms around her for comfort. It was easy to get angry at each other in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, with the constant stress and struggle to survive; But in the small moments where things calmed down, and they were able to simply relax, it was even easier to forgive.

Darlene would have liked to lay like that all day, with her head leaned back against her brother, listening to the pitter patter of the rain against the roof of the van - and Mason felt the same way, feeling sleepy already as he sat there with his sister pressed in his arms. The events of the day had worn him out both physically, and emotionally, and he was glad to simply have a few minutes where he didn't have to think.

Of course though, things changed by the second, and the moment didn't stay that wonderful for long. Next thing Darlene knew, Olivia was speaking once again, and it looked like whatever she was about to do was embarrassing - as her cheeks were flushed.

"Uh... spare clothing?" She asked, sitting up straighter. "I don't think so. I'm already wearing everything I got, I mean, you can borrow some of it, but it's pretty soaked. Why?"

She barely finished uttering the word, when her question was answered, as Olivia pulled her shirt off.
"Ohhhh, oh, okayyy." She said, smirking over the awkwardness of the situation.

Mason had his eyes closed by now, but went to open them when he felt Darlene pull away from his grasp. "Huh? What we talking about?" He asked, glancing over. His eyes widened when he saw Olivia, half-naked, and he quickly glanced away, holding a hand up to cover his face. "Oh, oh shit! Sorry!" He exclaimed.

"You act like you've never seen a girl with her shirt off." Darlene laughed, rolling her eyes at her brother. She returned her gaze to Olivia, only to watch as she fainted.
"Well... fuck!" She frowned. "Mason, I think she died!"

"You're not tricking me, Darry." Mason huffed. "I'm not looking."

"No, Mason, seriously! Come on!"

Mason frowned, and finally turned her attention to her. "Well... this isn't good..." He leaned forward, over her, and went to put a finger to her neck, feeling for her pulse. "Well... she seems fine... maybe it was just stress? Today was really sucky. People pass out from that sometimes. We know how hard it was for her seeing that guy again..."

Darlene stared for a moment, and then burst out into hysterical laughter. "Ah! Look at you two!" She exclaimed. "Getting it on! I didn't know you liked your girls unconscious, Mase!"

Mason scowled, and stared at his sister for a moment, seeming confused - until he promptly realized what she was talking about, and let out a yelp, moving away so he was no longer leaned over Olivia. "What?! No! No! It's not like that!" He exclaimed. "I was just checking her pulse! To make sure she was okay! I wasn't making a move on her or anything!"

"Oh, yeah, sure you were, casanova." She grinned.

"No, Darry-" Mason started.

"You know what, maybe we should all take our clothes off." Darlene said, going to pull her own shirt off.

"Darlene!" Mason exclaimed. "Don't you dare! You're my sister! I don't want to see you in your underwear!"

"Exactly." Darlene said, going to throw her shirt at him. "I'm your sister. Which means it isn't weird. God, you have such a dirty mind. Stop making everything so sexxxuuuaaaalllll." She drew the word out, seeming to enjoy her brother's embarassment.

"Darlene Isabel Mayr!" Mason practically yelled, squeezing his eyes shut. "You put this shirt back on right now!" He lunged over towards her, knocking her over and shoving her shirt in her face. "Put it on!"

"Ooh, now this is kinky." Darlene grinned.

Mason quickly sat back up, and put his hands to his head. "You know what! I'm getting out! I don't care if I freeze to death, I can't deal with this!" He opened the van door, and started to get out, when the sound of the truck engine caught his attention. "Uh... screw that." He said, quickly shutting the van door again. "Someone's coming. Try not to be seen." He went to lay down on the floor, glancing over at Darlene.

Darlene frowned, and went to lay down as well, laying her jacket over herself like a blanket, though she didn't have time to actually put her shirt back on. "Shit. Now I sort of regret this a bit."

"Good." Mason huffed. "You better regret it."

The truck was silent as Jason drove. He just stared straight ahead. It was weird to be driving and having no one else on the road. To never see another moving car. To see nothing but death and destruction every where you went. However no matter how he thought about it or how weird it might have been. He was used to it and that's probably what scared him the most. The fact that he was already used to this world and that no matter what he did this world would always be like this. There was no cure to be heard of and every person on earth was either dead, one of those things, or barely doing what they could to survive.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he had almost missed it. But he saw it nonetheless. He saw someone or something dive down behind the seats of one of the cars that was on the side of the road. He slammed on the brakes of the truck. The tires squealing loudly as they slid across the wet road. In a second he had jumped out of the car with his shotgun in hand with it pointing at the car. He said nothing for a moment before he slowly moved closer to the car. There was the chance that the people he saw were just trying to hide from him out of fear for their lives. But there was also the chance that they were setting an ambush for him and his friends. He wasn't going to take that chance.

He pointed the gun at the car and cocked it making sure that it was loud enough for them to hear it. "I'm only going to say this once! I don't want to hurt you! I really don't! now if your friendly and just trying to survive slowly come out of the car with your hands up and I swear you won't be harmed! If you try anything funny or if this is an ambush I will shoot you! I'm asking you nicely..please do not make me do that!"

• Love
NPC :

Life has always a way to bring you up and then back down again. As if it was not enough the damn rain, a bigger surprise was awaiting those who left their guard down even for a second. Just when you thought everything will eventually fall into place, something else is coming up and it will turn you upside down. Literally.

However, not far from their van's location and the appearance of Jason, something darker, hungrier was heading in their way. Soon, the growls of the Undead begun to fill the air. Somehow, they managed to pass through the field crawling their way outside the city and stumbling onto the highway in search for new flesh. You could consider yourself lucky it there was one or two trying to get a taste of you, but they were far more dangerous if they were in a horde. Far more threatening.

The first walkers, approaching the Human's location had been once women, as they still carried the Nurse uniforms even if it was torn apart. The one at the left had her arm ripped, blood splashed all over her and her torso wide open. Probably in her last fight as a human. The rest of the horde, was coming in slower motion yet very certain and with only one goal; as if the humans would not know that they were not safe in a single place for to long.
Obviously, they had other issues to deal with, alongside to watch their backs for the Undead, to Fear the Living and trying to survive in this chaotic world.

Mason scowled, and laid there for a few more moments, before glancing over at Darlene. "Stay here." He whispered, as quietly as he possibly could and still be heard by his sister, so as not to alert the man standing outside. "I don't think he knows you guys are in here. I'll take care of this." He started to sit up, and then paused, going to pull the gun from his side and slide it over to his younger sister. "And take this. It'll be of more use to you than me, if he decides to shoot the second I set foot outside."

Darlene nodded slightly, and grabbed the gun, remaining pressed down against the floor. "Don't be a fucking retard and get yourself killed, 'kay?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. And you put your jacket on, idiot. Keep an eye on Olivia." Mason responded.

He waited for his sister to show her agreement by nodding once again, and then sat up. "Okay, I'm coming out!" He called. "I ain't got any fire power or nothin' on me, so just... don't shoot, okay?!" He waited a moment, to ensure the man had heard him, and then went to open the door.

He was careful as he did so, opening the door just enough that he could squeeze out, so as not to reveal the fact that Darlene and Olivia were inside. He promptly shut the door the second he was fully out of the van.

Hands up in the air, by his shoulders, he took in his surroundings. There were a few zombies off to the side, but for now what he was most concerned with was the man pointing a gun at him. "Guy can't get out of the rain for five damn seconds nowadays, can he?" He huffed, before falling silent for a moment, and then flashing a grin. "I'm Mason, by the way. And you?"

He in no way trusted the guy, but was hoping they could get on friendly terms.

Jason didn't like how long it was taking for whoever it was to come out of the car. There was no way he was imagining things. There was definitely someone in there and whoever was in there they weren't alone. He was about to shout again but then he heard someone call out that they were coming out and they were unarmed. While he believed the first part he couldn't necessarily believe the second part. You never knew what people were capable of these days. When the lone man came out of the van with his hands up Jason didn't lower his shot gun and just continued to stare him down. Just by looking at him he had a feeling that he was around the same age that he was..but that didn't make him any more or less dangerous.

When the boy identified himself as Mason, Jason simply narrowed his eyes and swallowed hard. "I don't want to hurt anyone Mason. Now..if all you were doing was really getting out of the rain you'll tell me who else is in that van. I'm not an idiot I know there's more people inside that van and I'll be damned if I let them get the jump on me. Now if you bring them all out we can settle this peacefully. However one wrong move and I won't hesitate to fire. But I'd rather not considering that noise attracts those undead fuckers. So..it's your choice. Bring the rest of your group out of hiding..or I shoot"

@Cwolf0615

Olivia did remained uncounscious for a little while, still with a high fever. Even though at first sight she did seem unapproachable, it was not right. Nor wrong either.
However, slowly her head lifted ( as if in a slower miracle ) and tried to open her eyes to have a look around. Her shaky hands tried to give her some sort of support, so at least standing was not out of the question. Her left hand was holding her temple, feeling her throat dryer than any desert encountered before, as her voice croaked to Marlene.

" Hey.. Where is your brother ? And why is my stupid head pouding so hard ?
Shit.. Do you hear that ?! "

Olivia stared at the girl for another moment, then basically crawled on the vans metal floor to reach the front. Her vision still blurry, letting her eyes to adjust to the light and looked in the side mirror. She did saw Mason as if talking to someone, but could not be sure who it was. The voices were slowly fading inside her head, before a sharp pain crossed her body. Olivia clenched her teeth, biting her lower lip and took a deep breath.

Then, just like that, opened the vans door and said on a low, yet serious voice.

" What the hell you think you're doing to my friend? What the fuck you want.. Go kill some Walkers, before I will Ki-"
Her words stopped, when her eyes turned to the new guy, as if recognising him, Olivia jumped from the van and hit the ground when her knees felt the wetness of the cement. She did blinked a few times, before tears beginning to go down her face.
"J- j-Ason ?! Is this a dream? Cause I've been damned if it is you better pinch my skin right now or else .. I don't believe it!
Is it really you ?"

Olivia stared at the man before her, and with a slower movement her hand touched her gun, not being sure if it was a dream or not. In any case, the man better answer or he was a .. Dead Man.

@Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Andy
Jason never got an answer from the man standing in front of him. However he might have gotten an answer if someone else hadn't jumped out of the van and started screaming her head off. But what she had said exactly had fallen on deaf ears. As soon as he heard her voice Jason froze and his eyes went wide. He slowly lowered the gun and stared at her for a moment as he realized that he wasn't dreaming. It was her. Olivia. She was alive and safe. Well...safe to some degree because nothing was safe these days anymore. Jason was frozen in place he had no idea what to say or do at this point. He had known that she was alive..he had known that she wouldn't give up..known she wouldn't die so easily but..now that she was here in front of him again..he didn't know what to say or do.

The shotgun slowly slipped from his fingers and fell to the concrete completely useless now. He had all but forgotten the boy called Mason and whoever else might be in the van. All he saw was Olivia. He took a small step forward..then another..and before he knew it he had sprinted across the short distance towards her and had pulled her into a tight hug as tears streamed down his face..although he could easily just say that it was the rain and not tears. "O..Olivia..i..it's really you..your alive..I..I can't believe it..your.." He pulled back just a bit so he could look into her face and really inspect her before he swallowed hard "my god Olivia..it really is you..."

@PureKor @Cwolf0615

• Love
@Andy

If anything was possible, in this insane world, for sure it was the fact that Olivia re- encountered Jason. Shit. She thought he was ... Not so damn well. And maybe dead. No, erase that . Olivia thought he was one of the Undead. But now he was embracing her and God, that feeling was giving her goosebumps and hope all together.

With trembling fingers, Olivia squeezed his coat and hugged him back. Time went to slow motion, hearing her own heart beat and the breathing process of them both.
" Yes.. Is me. I am glad that you are alright. I thought you didn't make it..
I missed you! Stupid man.!"
Where have you been ?!"

Olivia then moved to one side and used her wet, shaking hands to cup his face . Slowly stroke his jaw, having tears in her eyes and having a smile all over her face. And with that, before he could say anything else, Olivia slowly pressed her lips to his. All the warmth spread quickly and caused her body to feel tranquility. A feeling which she lost a very long time ago. Her breathing stopped for a brief moment. This moment was giving her the impression of normality getting back in this world and in her life .

However, as life is a total bitch, especially in a world where the undead are roaming the earth and you have to fight for your life, a loud sound bought their attention.
A sound of a car horn echoed in the air, just as her lips parted from his and stared at his eyes, while her chest kept rising up and down.

" They are Coming.. We have to get out of here." She said calmly, yet continued to shake a little bit, as if that Kiss did not affect her not one bit. Stupid sensations.

Shity- shit.

image.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Andy
Jason was just stunned into silence. Time slowed. No one else in the world existed except for him and her. They weren't in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. They were just together. He held her and she held him and they were together again that was all that mattered. When she spoke he tensed up a bit and gave a weak chuckle at her insult by calling him stupid that was just so Olivia. Before he could reply though the next thing he knew she had pulled back to look into his eyes. He stared back into hers and said nothing at first but he did blush a bit when he felt her hand stroking his jaw. He opened his mouth to speak but before he could the softest feeling ever had covered his mouth cutting off any kind of words he could have spoke.

He lost himself in their kiss. Her soft lips gently brushing against his own made him really lose all sense of time and he pulled her closer to kiss her back. However the moment couldn't last as a car alarm woke them from their dream world. He looked at her with wide eyes and gave a small nod at her words "yeah..they are..we'll have to play catch up later. For now everyone get in the truck. It's working fine and there's plenty of gas in it to get us the hell out of here." With that he quickly stood up and took Olivia's hand in his own before he rushed back to the truck only stopping long enough to grab his shot gun before he finished by pulling her into the truck as he hopped into the drivers seat and revved the engine to go. Once they were all in however he wasted no time and gunned the engine and they were soaring down the high way and hopefully away from any danger.

@PureKor

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.