ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE!!

He looked at his daughter and then heard the man yell, he put enough trust in his dog and the people to not do anything stupid to his daughter " I'll be right back ana " he said setting her on the floor were the dog laid in front of her looking at everyone. He walked towards the top of the building, once there he looked at jacob " You called? " he said walking over to him in his perfect angle in the corner. and looking in the general direction he was looking.

Having a slight change of heart Kona turned around and came to stand beside Jacob. She set her weapons down and picked up the spotting glass and began to set up the tripod for him. But not helping at the moment would just make it harder on her part to escape anyway. "My name is Kona Mills. Before joining the homeland security and working at a desk I was with the blue berets, Spetznaz. I can assist you in spotting. But then I will have to go. I strongly advise you come with me to the drain, maybe then you can help the others get out and make it to your ranch."

Situating the tripod on the corner of the roof she began to peer into the scope at the truck he was just looking at. It was a good exposion, impressive, but still kinda close. Another big boom would certainly help. Turning about 45 degrees to see the same fuel truck Jacob was just looking at. "Ah, I see what you were looking at. But it looks kinda far. about a thousand yards....no about 988 yards." Looking up at the sky to see some dark clouds she makes an estimate. "I guess maybe about 6 or 7 percent humidity. Target is on a 12 percent inclide grade from the foot of this building to the center of the fuel tank. The M21 has an effective range of 900 yards but I've hit slightly farther with it. You can use my riffle if you want...oh and it looks like there may be a slight west bound breeze. If your going to blow that thing up you'll probably need two shots, one to spring a leak in the gasoline and another to spark it off, maybe. What do you think Jacob?"

Doing her best to smile at him, which was something she'd forgotten to do. It wasnt that she was anti-social or unfriendly it was just a habit of hers to keep a strait serious face. Especially now when the world needed more friendly faces.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep within the storm drains three figures huddled together to feast on what used to be a police officer. Kona believed the drain would be a safe escape route and it was safe from the undead but not from three individuals who would latter be known as the "Yade" people who had been bitten and their bodies adapted to co-existing with the virus. They were sorta dead, having a weak pulse, subject to extreme cases of anemia and an insatiable hunger for flesh. Yet their minds were still cognisent and in control of themselves. They had to hide from the sun or they would burn up, they fasioned for themselves cloaks to protect them in case there ever was a need to go out into the light. They also didnt die very easy and didn't like guns pointed at them. So far there were only three, two men and one woman. At the sound of the first explosion they lifted their heads up, three pairs of red eyes glowing in the dark and considering if that was thunder, or the sound of their next meal near by.

(I hope you guys don't mind if I begin to introduce some new enemies that eventualy lead into part two of this plot. There seems to be a lot of good fighters in this rp and maybe zombies alone are too easy so I thought the challage would be a bit more to add these vampire-like things even though their not vampires tecnically. If you don't like this idea..tough haha no am kidding. If enough of you don't like the change we wont go with it but I do want the main plot to eventually go that way.))

Keinin got to his feet and looked over at his brother. "It's time to go Koda. We can't stay out here very long in the open, walkers might be out or worse, the yade could be tracking them. They, unlike the mindless walkers, had an even thought process, and being caught out in the open by them would spell disaster. Koda led the way away from the bridge, while Keinin kept a sharp eye out for anything lurking in the shadows. As the boys kept alking, they became aware of another presence. It wasn't alkers or even the yade, but...survivors?

Looking to Koda, Keinin whispered for him to keep quiet, and take cover. For all he knew, these people could be dangerous. Ducking behind a tree and a building, the brothers watched the on goings inside a building. "What should we do brother?" Koda asked. it would be nice to have others with them but not at the cost of their lives. Walkers were all around this place; it was amazing that they could stay hidden so well and for so long. Keinin thought for a little bit before responding. "Too big of a chance; they've got themselves holed up inside that building. It's only a matter of time before the walkers draw in yades, and to hell with having a hoard of those on our tails," Keinin replied. Koda stared at his brother in shock. "You mean that we'll just leave them to their fate? They are human like us brother! remember the code you took when you were a firefighter?" Koda growled. Keinin couldn't help but respect his little brother's courage, but he knew that it was sheer ignorance. If the yades turned on them, they could not out run them; they would have to torch them and burning anything alive was hard for them to watch, even if they were walkers or yades. "We can afford it," he replied to Koda. But Koda seemed to hold his ground. "Come on brother! We can do this...remember last week when we protected that family with the little girl? What if they have children in there. They will need ground fire to keep walkers out of that building!" Koda begged. Finally, Keinin knew that he was out gunned here. Nodding, he ran over behind the building and set his gear down and pulled out the sniper. Setting up a pod, he set the sniper up and aimed at the front door. They were safe from where they were; even if they weren't, if all went to hell, they could just torch the place. There, behind the building, Keinin and Koda waited.

Jacob listened to Kona give out the measurements that he would need. "I can make the shot. Thanks but i prefer my rifle." Jacob said, not being disrespectful, but he knew he could make the shot. Another thing was Jacob didn't like to use anyone else's weapons, never did, he preferred his firearms. He treated his firearms like they were his babies, always clean, and oiled. "It's going to be dark soon, I think we should bunker down here for the night." Jacob said sitting by the wall and leaning his rifle against his shoulder so that it wouldn't get scratched. "I'm going to blow up a gas station and a fuel truck. The explosion should draw the restless to it, clearing the area for us. It may take a while, but it should work." Jacob explained.

He turned his attention to Kona. "You said you needed help to get to the drain. Where are you going?" Jacob asked. He wasn't the one to leave someone alone, but he wanted to know incase he could be more help. "I think anyone that can carry a firearm should. I searched the store and there are plenty of rounds to carry." Jacob said putting in his thoughts. He hasn't worked with a group since the whole thing happened, so he was new to the whole thing, but he hated when people tried to take charge instead of listening to everyone. He was an expert marksman, probably the best maybe second best out of the group.

Jae shook her head quickly, setting Angel down. "I don't work in groups." she said, correcting Juno. "I help, I fix, and I send people off, but I never work in groups." She told Juno. "I'm Jae, though. Nice to meet you." She said simply, closing the door.

Angel's head snapped up at the sound of the door closing. She crawled over to Mira, who was sitting beside Ana. She cuddled close to Mira, falling back to sleep.

Mira wrapped her arms around Angel, looking at Ana. "Hi again." she smiled.

Kylen looked around. The entire group seemed to have split. He sighed and walked around, looking, examining. He noticed a shadow on the wall and turned. "Hey loo-" The window broke.

Jae turned and fired two shots into an infected's head. It fell. "Huh..never seen that before." she mumbled, going to the broken window. She looked around a moment before picking up an empty crate. she set her rifle down long enough to slam the box onto her knee and break it. She held the boards up to the wall and glanced around. "Aye~" she motioned towards a carpentry stapler..hmm.

Kylen picked up the stapler and stapled the boards in. "I'm Kylen."

"Jae." she picked up her rifle and turned back to Juno. "Did you set that explosion off? Because that would mean you're good with explosives. That seemed fairly controlled to me." she cracked a small smile.

Kylen shrugged and returned to his corner, looking at Jae's rifle curiously.

Juno nearly fumbled the bar she was unexpectedly thrown. It was the perfect thing for her! Oh, wonderful day. The chocolate-slinging cowboy climbed onto the roof in conventional fashion. Boring, unless it was lined with barbed wire. Because quite frankly, getting cut up wasn't fun. Still, Juno didn't see barbed wire when she came down, which makes her wonder why she didn't just hop onto the roof. Juno was getting her first bite in when he called for the crew which she had just joined, and still didn't quite feel part of.

She went up to the roof to take a peek with the cowboy, who was apparently a sniper. She looked over to where he was looking and caught on quickly. "I think I know what you're doing. The problem is, though, they'll hear the gunshot. If you don't have a silencer, they're gonna be after you and the explosion. A suppressor won't cut it. My bow could shoot silently, but my incendiary arrows have no penetration, while my bombs have no heat. Force and shrapnel. I suppose if I used a small rag, or a shred of cloth, but do we have any oil? Cooking oil would cut it, but kerosene's the best."

"agreed, that is a good idea, Jacob. Though may I suggest: it's best to move at night. Or at least that's been my experience. I believe you can make the shot, just let me know when you are ready." Kona sat by Jacob near the wall and looking over at the fuel truck. He must have the right rounds to make the distance since he refused to use her weapon. The amo for the Remington 700 did vary somewhat after all and range depended on cartridge. She would trust he was equipped to make the shot, if not she began to make adjustments to her own scope for the shot. She looks up at him while doing so.

"No offense Jacob. I know how good you are by what the papers say. But, am just taking extra precautions that's all." when looking at him Kona can't help but to think he looks rather nice and maybe even a little handsome but looks away feeling that such emotions were probably just a deterrent in their situation.

"Well..to answer your question about the drain I plan on using that as my safe highway to down town. I need to get to the research and development center next to the St.josaphines hospital. When cell phones were still working the last order I received was to secure the safety of a Dr. Hoffman. A lead researcher in bio-logical warfare. Supposedly he has the key to preventing this virus from spreading even further...anymore I doubt he may still be alive given I should have found him two days ago. I suppose most who have families and hopes elsewhere would be trying to get out if the city, but this city is my home, and I have no one so I figured I'd either complete this mission and maybe it all goes away, or I die trying....well I don't want to die so am looking for Hoffman. Simple no?"

Kona took a deep breath and looked up at the sky. It was slightly cloudy but a chance of rain was slim. Which was good, because, she wanted to make it to the drain while it was dry. Then shot a glance at Jacob again...."6 percent. Am going to put my final estimate at 6 percent humidity."

The yade were on the move now. They ran down the long tunnels feeding off the main storm drain they could smell something nearby. People? And an animal too? They stopped at an entrance to the surface to see that the sun was not yet gone down and decide to wait longer. They sit quietly in a triangle together only glancing at each other every few minutes. They weren't very talkative but could figure each other out with just a glance.

"Oh. . . Okay-"
Anastasia was barely given the chance to react when her father suddenly and unexpectedly set her down to the floor right beside his equally protective dog, Mishka, and watched him head towards the same man who was kind enough to offer the energy bars. Which she was still eating. "What do you think they're planning to do?" she questioned aloud, stroking Mishka and giving the back of his ear a nice scratch. She hardly even noticed the newcomer of the slightly unacquainted and slightly acquainted group, and due to all the distraction, Anastasia didn't see or hear how she got in. Either why she realized there would be more to come, but then again, the larger the group was, the easier to get killed. "I wonder if there's more people outside though," she mumbled to Mishka, as if to distract herself from dwelling on with the silly yet scary idea. ". . . ." She scanned the room once more, counting the amount of the survivors in her head until her hazel-eyed gaze wandered to two familiar girls, one of them, Mira, catching her attention.
She waved awkwardly. "Hey, Mira." She tried to smile a little, but her face probably looked too tired to pull it off.

Mira smiled and waved. "Hi Ana!" she looked at her younger sister and did her best to pick the four year old up, stumbling as she carried the sleeping girl over to Ana and sat back down, putting Angel back in her lap. "Who's this?" she asked, looking at Mishka with a large smile.

Jacob listened to Kona and Juno, hearing what they had to say. "That was a long time ago." Jacob mumbled under his breath, as he remember what happened the day of the Semi-finals, the day Jacob quit the tournaments. Though he quit competing, he never gave up shooting. He unfolded the bipod on his rifle and sat it down. He walked over and picked up his bow and the red arrow with the shotgun cartridge on the tip. He felt the weight of the arrow, to know how much pyll he had to put on the bow. "One rifle shot, and one arrow." Jacob said to himself. He sat in the kneeling positio, his rifle pointed directly at what he wanted. "12% incline, 6% humidity...Wind estimate..." Jacob said adjusting his scope for everything until he got to the wind. He looked around for a flag or cloth that would be blowing. Once he found one and watched it for a minute he went back to his scope, and adjusted for the wind. "5mph west wind." Jacob said.

He sat there for a minute, looking through his scope, just as he pulled the trigger and shot, he heard two more shots. "What the hell!" Jacob said, looking around. "Shit!" Jacob said and looked through his scope carefully. The shot had hit it's target, but not the exact spot he wanted, it hit the bottom of the tank to allow more fuel to leak. Jacob let out a deep breath and laid his rifle down. He slowly stood up, having hit his target with the first round. Jacob grabbed his bow and started to pat his pockets. "Do any of you have a lighter?" Jacob asked, looking at Juno.

As shots were fired, Keinin and Koda shot up. Looking over, across the road, was a gas station. "Brother, they are going to kill us!" Koda cried. Keinin didn't know if they were even aware that the two were there. Looking into his own scope, he spotted a man on the roof of the building. "He doesn't see us," he mumbled. It was a sniper's vow to look around before taking a shot. Pulling Koda with him, they were forced to break cover. Either they stayed and got fried or they blew the hell out of some walkers while going in for cover. Koda headed the front as they made their way for a building close to the sniper's, but on the far south side of them. Walkers came out from nowhere and charged the boys. Turning around, the two fired at as many as they could, cutting down many as they rushed in. "Koda, make for the building," he ordered. Koda looked at his brother but obeyed; he knew better than to argue with Keinin. Turning back to the walkers, Keinin pulled out the gas nozzle and squeezed one of the triggers which sent gas out, spraying the oncoming walkers, and once they were close enough, he clicked the ignite. Turning around, he ran for the building.

Koda had made it inside the building not three minutes before Keinin came running in and barred the doors. "To the roof Koda," he ordered, and the two boys hurried up the stairs. They were unsure if there were walkers and/or yades, but they did know one thing; they'd be safer on the roof than anywhere else. This had been the Metlife building; there was a shelter on the roof for the people to hold coffee breaks. Why someone would rather take their break on the roof rather than the coffee room Keinin didn't know.

Juno's words were left unheeded. The cowboy took the shot, not even considering silencing his weapon. Juno clicked her tongue, mildly upset, and tossed the hick her zippo. "Make the shot good. We need melee fighters at the barricade in case you ended up alerting them. The explosion is meant to be a distraction, and if they hear gunfire, they'll split between the explosion and the gunshot. I'm going to go down and gather some hitters at the door." With that, she made her way towards the ladder down, stopping for a moment in case any of them had anything to say.

"Juno...don't have a cow. In a democratic state not always does someones idea get chosen. But there are two down there who look like they can be good gutters for us. You have a good idea about buffing up the front door. Am sure your right about some of them splitting. I suggest you inform the others about your plan."

Kona smiled at Juno for a brief moment while picking up a discard beer bottle. There was still tape and remains of the last bottle that she taped to her rifle to use as a silencer so she used the same tape to attach the new bottle. It would still make a good pop sound but it would be somewhat quieter. Lifting her M21 to her shoulder she steadied herself and took aim at a telephone pole. She waited for the two men running towards the store to get out of range first.

"I am a stone..." she mumbled to herself reciting a phrase she was taught. It meant to make oneself so confident, and so still in their body that they were like a stone not shaking or being influenced by the world around them. It also meant to be as unnoticeable as a stone. Slowly her finger pulled back on the trigger while just breathing softly and allows the gun to surprise her when it unleashes it's shot. Some 970 yards away an electrical box on a phone line sparks and detaches. There wasn't much juice in it but it has just enough for a few sparks left. As the cable falls it lands in the pool of gasoline coming from the truck and a spark sets off a blazing fireball.

"Sorry if it doesn't work my friends, but all any of us can do is try." slowly lowered her weapon to see Juno was right. The explosion was drawing their attention away but not all of them.

"Well we could make a stand here, and hope that we can give the children and their guardians escape. It would be too ugly to have kids in the middle of a fight."

In the drain the sounds of the explosion and commotion of everyone above masked the sounds of metal scraping on metal. The yades had found themselves iron construction bars and were filing them to have sharp points like spears. With dusk coming the rays of the sun weren't so hot now and they began to climb up the walls of the drain with their makeshift spears. At the top of the drain entrance they stop to listen before going any closer. It sounds like a lot of activity, could be raiders for all they know, there were only three of them, so it would be best for them to stalk and observe the situation instead of rushing in like the more mindless.

Since he standing there apparently unknown on the roof, he walked back down the steps into the main room looking at everyone. And decided to sit back down next to his daughter on the other side of her and Mira. He leaned against the wall letting a small grunt go as he slid down the wall, mishka shifted from Ana to Dakarai and he began to rub the dogs head turning his head occasionally to check on Ana and the other girls.

Standing up strait and arching his back while putting his arms out the leader of the yade suddenly let's out a loud cry. It begins much like a howl and gets higher in pitch till it becomes a scream. The glass in the windows begin to crack and the walls shake. The dog mishka would get it the worst and probably start crying, and going nuts from the head splitting sound. It also had a strange effect on the amygdala gland of the brain to stimulate fear, stress, and a kind of dread that made the body heavy and weak. They were trying to intimidate everyone in or near the shop.

The undead were starting to migrate away from the sorce of the scream and towards the gas explosion. Their braindead but something about the banshee screams of a yade drove them away. Then the yade began to move in making a large triangle around the building. Their keen eyes watching from the shadows as darkness of dusk and silence began to fall. This was soon to be the trade mark of yade hunting, they wanted to see who they could break before engaging them, who would panic and run away from the group or go into a frenzy.

The wall next to Anas head explodes as an iron bar bursts through the wall narrowly missing the back of her head. (Akuma looked a little bored there.)

(I thought Ana was killed off for a moment there lol)
"This is Mishka, Daddy's dog," Anastasia responded once Mira and a sleeping Angel were by her side, smiling and still looking carefree. Noting she was probably the only one eating, Anastasia briefly stared at her own half bitten energy bar and up at Mira and then down at her snack and back up at the girl again. ". . . Are you hungry?" Growing up she was never the type who was fond of sharing with others even when her parents told her it wasn't nice to be greedy. But knowing the sort of situation they were under, Anastasia forced herself to push back the selfish thoughts and reluctantly offered Mira her energy bar. "Here. Take it. I hate chocolate anyway," she lied smoothly, smiling proudly when she noticed her father coming back to sit with them. "Hi Daddy-" her welcoming words were cut off and the cheerful smile was evidently replaced by a shriek and a deafening bang. A wave of heat and the wind from the explosion hit her face, causing her to cough vigorously due to all the rust and dirt getting inside her mouth. Feeling her chest ache, she ducked to clutch onto her shirt the second the iron bars bursted through the walls, missing her head merely by a few inches.

As the two brothers looked down, they realized that it wasn't just the walkers anymore; yades. Koda began to hyperventilate; terror filled his body. Grabbing his brother's shirt, Keinin pulled him to him. "Do not panic. That will tell them that we are here, and yades are a hell harder to kill than any walker; we'd be lucky just to escape, much less get off without being bitten by them," Keinin whispered. He couldn't let them believe that anyone was on the other building's roof; the group had a better chance of surviving a raid from these fierce bastards, but two couldn't possibly take them on. So, the two brothers watched as the yades waited by the other building, waiting for movement. The two brothers crept to the side of the building top; if they stayed quiet, the yades might leave this building alone. Suddenly, Koda knocked a bucket off the side of the roof. They could only watch as it his the ground with a very loud 'bang'.

Mira yelped, covering her ears.

Angel snapped from her sleep immediately. She started to cry, curling up, covering her ears.

Mira held Angel close. She suddenly felt very protective of her sister, yet she was terrified.

Kylen shut his eyes tight, gritting his teeth at the sound. Carefully, he stood over his sisters after picking a pistol up off the shelf. He loaded a round.

Jae winced at the sound, but made no other reaction. This didn't sound good and made her nervous. She shifted several times, holding her rifle tightly.

His fatherly instinct kicked in immediately, he swooped Ana onto him in one simple movement covering her body from any thing else that might come flying through the walls. His breathing was heavy, he wasn't sure if he was angry or scared as he almost lost the most dearest thing to him. He looked at her face and whipped some dust off of it " You alright Ana? did that pole hit you anywhere or did anything hit you, let daddy check " he said his hands shaking a bit as he inspected her form for anything life threatening. Mishka the dog seemed to of broke off into a hiding spot, but returned when called by Dakarai. Who still held onto his daughter tightly ( jesus.....trying to murder my daughter are we now? )

Jae glanced around the group. "Aye...we need to keep everyone safe." she pulled a few crates away from the walls, created a small shelter in the middle of the room. "Anyone who does not or can not shoot a gun needs to get in here." she said in the most commanding voice she could muster. It was still a little shaky.

Mira held Angel tightly, burying her face against her sister's neck.

Angel curled up in her older sister's arm listening to her quickened heart.

Kylen gently moved the two to the shelter. "I've never shot before.." he lifted the pistol. "But I'm going to try."

Jae nodded. "We'll need all the help we can get." She looked at Dakarai.