Zombies, Death, and Crazy People -With Danger

Isabella, who haden't realised she had been jabbering, looked up slightly confused. "Oh. Just when I have nothing better to do." She hummed and finished off the pointed tip of her stick. She tucked her only knife back into her boot and swung down, watching her footing closely. Soon she was on a much lower branch, just high enough so she was out of reach but one bad step and she was in the hands of the walkers.

Bailey rolled his eyes again. He didn't answer her questions. He looked down at her. "I'd say be careful, but I don't care that much for you. To be honest, if you fell it'd be better off for me."

Isabella ignored him and leant down on her stomach, picking off a few walkers by spearing the thick sharpened branch through the soft spots of there skulls. She got a fair amount of deep red blood on her hands that made her stomach flip uncomfortably. "Probably." She said absent-mindedly. "But then you wouldn't get blessed with the grace of my company."

"Grace," Bailey scoffed. "What grace? The first thing you said to me wasn't very nice." He watched her. "I should kill you now."

"I think you would find yourself having a much harder time with that then you may have anticipated." Isabella said simply and picked a few more off before deciding she was tired. Although spending a night with tree man was not preferable, she did not have the energy to pick all these walkers off right now. Instead she sighed heavily and plunged into one more, letting the stick fall with the thing itself. Chewing the inside of her cheek in thought she quickly made her way back up above him, scrambling up with impressive speed. "And besides, there's no point in killing me. I have nothing for you to loot, nothing you want, and I pose no threat." She leaned back but didn't trust him enough to get comfortable.

"What's so hard with shooting you?" Bailey asked. He did not want her staying the night in his tree. "There are plenty of reasons to kill you. First of all, you're annoying as fuck. Second, I don't trust you to not steal my shit. Third, if I kill you and feed you to the walkers they'll leave me alone." Now that he had said that, killing her was more tempting.

"You have a gun?" Isabella said suddenly, tensing considerably and automatically feeling stupid for letting her gard down. Her knife felt so thin and light in her boot compared to that. She clenched her teeth, calculating for a moment. She couldent defend his first point but easily came up with counter arguments for the second and third. "You have nothing I want, And I have enough mind not to try to steal from you. And shooting me for our friends down there wouldn't bring them away it would only attract more."

Bailey laughed. "I just told you I have a gun. I'm pretty sure that's worth stealing." He didn't tell her about the rest of his stuff. "Oh trust me. The walkers don't know I'm here and once they've finished you I'll be free to go."

Isabella raised an eyebrow. "Please, you think I would steal from you? I've never even fired a gun, I told you that." She ran her fingers though her hair absent-mindedly, a nervous habit while she thought quick. "Do you like staying on the road? I can probably get you in, to the town I'm going to I mean. I know people on the inside. No more wondering around, sleeping in trees, watching your back. Come and go as you please, but have a safe place to run when you need it." She tried to make the place sound as appealing as possible, because really it was the only thing she could offer and didn't fancy being shot at.

"You don't have to use it, you could sell it," Bailey said. "And to be honest, I don't like big towns. Sure, safety in numbers and all that but I'm used to living on my own and I don't trust people." As he said that, his hand went up to the scar on his face. "Especially not when they stab you in the back."

Isabella chewed her lip, quickly running out of things to say. "The towns have oppertunities to trade. Things you don't need other people might, and vice versa. So it could still be of some use to you." She tilted her head. "But then again, if you shoot me you'll never know."

"I have everything I need," Bailey said. "I don't need to trade. But don't worry, I won't kill you just yet."

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Isabella switched her position, sitting on the branch with her legs swinging. "What changed your mind?" She asked, unable to help herself despite the fact that she should have probably just shut up at that point. She pulled her sleeves down on her leather jacket because the night was settling in and seemed like it was going to be a cool one.

• Love
Reactions: Danger
Bailey just shrugged. "You might be useful." He didn't move, already in a comfortable position. He still, however, kept a tight grip on his handgun. "Wake me up, however, and I'll kill you. Unless it's an emergency."

Isabella scowled and remained sitting on the branch but didn't take her eyes off of him. "Im not annoying." She mumbled and decided she wasn't going to sleep if she could help it. Instead she scanned the darkening grounds again for quick movement or familiar faces. Nothing. This did a number on her nerves to calm her, for now. "Just because I talk doesn't mean I'm annoying. At least I'm not a creepy tree man."

"Your talking is going to get you killed. I do this for survival," Bailey said. He looked at her. "You with someone?" She certainly looked like she was looking for someone, and it definitely wasn't a walker.

"No." Isabella said immediately. He didn't need more reason to get rid of her. "I've been travelling alone for some time now, broke off from my group." She thought for a moment before adding; "They went a separate way, so I don't think im going to run into them again." But that was all he needed to know for now, she told herself. After a long moment she shifted to lean against the trunk. "Were do you come from?"

Bailey sighed in annoyance. He didn't believe her, but she had to have good reason so he didn't push. "Why do you want to know?" Bailey was getting frustrated with her talking.

"I'm curious. What are you, like forty? Do you remember what it was like before...this?" She nodded to the ground were the walkers bumped into each other aggressively. "I think it started in California? I don't know for sure though, I was like really young. I just know what other people have told me, so I don't really... Remember what it was like before. Exept school. Oh god I remember school." She looked thoughtfully into the distance before shaking her head and back to him, not realising she was doing it again. Talking excessively that is.

"Will you shut the fuck up already?! I'm only fucking twenty. I swear, one more word out of your mouth..." He let the threat hang, knowing she would understand. If she didn't... His hand curled around the handle of the gun.