Zombies apocalypse, but with a twist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel an annoyingly unpredictable plottwist should feature in this... like it turns out the cause of the zombie outbreak is actually aliens or ancient civilisations or evil cows.

Oh, just had a thought. What if a wealthy noble (or king?) requested the alchemist to find a cure to the Black Death as his child got infected with it. But well, the treatment is not working out well since the child became a zombie... But that's a secret. The noble has been keeping the child locked in his castle, out of people's eyes. Though the servants are starting to suspect that the noble keeps a demon in the castle. Weird rumors start to spread. The noble's name is Dracula.

Eventually a curious servant makes the mistake of entering the forbidden room.
P.s. Dracula only in the name, no vampire stuff. He should probably be a good guy.
Not to violently shoot down your idea, buuuut... I don't like the general idea of that. I've seen it happen faaar too many times in the Walking Dead. Nothing persona, just the idea.

Not to violently shoot down your idea, buuuut... I don't like the general idea of that. I've seen it happen faaar too many times in the Walking Dead. Nothing persona, just the idea.
Np, naturally I would feel bad if people accepted stuff that they do not like.

Np, naturally I would feel bad if people accepted stuff that they do not like.
Good, good. It's just... The people on the Walking Dead are so fucking stupid, and I just had to quit at one point. And I dont want to make a plot with someone who is that stupid.

Good, good. It's just... The people on the Walking Dead are so fucking stupid, and I just had to quit at one point. And I dont want to make a plot with someone who is that stupid.
Well, the characters in any horror survival can either be super OP or stupid... xD Its hard to find the balance.

I'll keep shooting out random ideas then. Will try to keep em simple.

We could also go REC style. Several doctors were invited to mansion, after a while they find out that the mansion is surrounded by the army and they kill anyone who passes the outer walls. No one knows anything, no one can do anything. (Or the same thing but with a group of thiefs)

I quite like this one: After months of traveling, a merchant caravan is running out of supplies and its members are starving. One quiet evening they finally reach their destination. But the town is silent, no one is around. All food seems to have dissapeared too. And then, after the sun dissapears behind the horizon...

Don't be afraid to reject those as well. Maybe they will inspire someone to create a better idea.

Well, the characters in any horror survival can either be super OP or stupid... xD Its hard to find the balance.

I'll keep shooting out random ideas then. Will try to keep em simple.

We could also go REC style. Several doctors were invited to mansion, after a while they find out that the mansion is surrounded by the army and they kill anyone who passes the outer walls. No one knows anything, no one can do anything. (Or the same thing but with a group of thiefs)

I quite like this one: After months of traveling, a merchant caravan is running out of supplies and its members are starving. One quiet evening they finally reach their destination. But the town is silent, no one is around. All food seems to have dissapeared too. And then, after the sun dissapears behind the horizon...
That might actually be a good place to start of the rp... Strangers in a quiet town. Sun sets, zombies start pouring out of the fucking walls. Someone calls from the castle. They rush over. A handful of knights and peasants left.

A place to start... But where to go from there?

I like the idea of a travelling band of merchants who stumble upon a graveyard town. From there, perhaps these merchants have a medic or physician of some kind and get called to the town's keep (where the survivors are gathered) to attempt to cure someone, and end up getting dragged into the whole mess?

I like the idea of a travelling band of merchants who stumble upon a graveyard town. From there, perhaps these merchants have a medic or physician of some kind and get called to the town's keep (where the survivors are gathered) to attempt to cure someone, and end up getting dragged into the whole mess?
If you arrive at a town and zombies start swarming you, then fleeing to the keep, you're pretty much part of it, like it or not :P
Not that it's a bad idea... Maybe it's a caravan of... I dunno, plague doctors, perhaps? So they have some idea about the body and diseases, so they start poking about the dead undead, and find out something or another?

Hmm, I prefer the idea of people who haven't really got any idea what's going on. I feel that would be quite a fun situation to describe, their first encounter with creatures that previously existed only in myth. Maybe merchants that carry an item people believe can treat the disease? it's the medieval times so they'd try anything from arsenic to leeches after all.

Well, we need a goal. I mentioned a starving caravan for a good reason. If our zombies have eaten all the food (I know its wrong but whatever, these zombies eat everything). Then they could be searching for food. It could be a reason for fighting between the survivors or even attempts at cannibalism. Also, eating a zombie would be a fun moment. Like, will it turn you into zombie or not? But then again you don't have a choice.

Anyways, if you guys don't like searching for food just suggest a different goal.

You made me remember this one doujinshi I read about a zombie plague where the zombies function like normal people except they eat cloth and if they eat the cloth off you directly you turn into a cloth zombie yourself. That was weird.

On that note though, it's unorthodox but perhaps semi-aware zombies? Ones that can survive for a while off human food and have the brain capacity of a really stupid human, but eventually start decaying and running more of instinct? I think it'd be a nice take on zombies to make them a little less generic and create a bit of tragedy drama, where if you kill the zombie you actually are killing your friend, not just the decaying imitation of them.

Cloth eating zombies... I wonder how I missed something like that.

I personally have no objections. There will probably be lots of "to kill or not to kill" tho.

My life motto when it comes to apocalypses is "If in doubt, kill." Nothing worse than finding out the person you didn't kill is actually trying to eat you. If you kill a human, you get all their stuff and their uncontaminated meat too. Nothing to lose.

My life motto when it comes to apocalypses is "If in doubt, kill." Nothing worse than finding out the person you didn't kill is actually trying to eat you. If you kill a human, you get all their stuff and their uncontaminated meat too. Nothing to lose.
giphy.gif

Even Necromancy would fit.

Yeah, no cloth eating zombies. That'd be too sexy to put in anything but libertine :P

The food idea is a good one though. After all, there was no canned food back then, so it'd be a rather stressful time. If they don't get rid of the zombies soon enough, all the food'll be eaten, and there'll be no crops planted nor harvested, thus just prolonging their lives by a short while. I like it!

Reactions: Telesausage
So, a merchant caravan or just travelers?

I don't want to push it because I selfishly want try a merchant from foreign lands kind of character... Or maybe a slave trader. Does anyone want to be an exotic, back-stabbing slave?

Foreign merchant seems okay with me. Slave trader though seems... Like something I can't remember ever being mentioned about medieval lands. There were servants, serfs and peasants, yes, but I can't remember hearing about any slaves...

Are we actually going for historical accuracy? Thought it was a random medieval like setting in a country A.

Regardless, tho church forbid owning or selling Christian slaves, that does not seem to be the case for Muslim slaves (the Crusaders had them, I think?).

Status
Not open for further replies.