Zombie apoclypse Life at Cass

Montgomery enters the room as instructed.

Knowing that Jazz was talking to him, Merlin said, "I saw your skill with the dagger and I was impressed, I was thinking bout teaching you a few of my skills while learning a few of yours and getting to know you better, so that maybe you won't be so shy."

Jazz, still not turning to the man, rolled her eyes. She was tired of people already, but this one was different. She turned finally to stare through him with eyes that seemed to gleam in the dimming light of day.

"No."

Eclipse would shift in his seat as he would propp his head up with his left hand placeing his elbow on the arm of the chair.

"No? All I was hoping to do is understand why your so shy, your beauty is incompareable. You can be dangerous I know but if you combine your beauty and your dangerousness, you can be the best assassin I have ever known."

Jazz was taken aback by his compliment. Beauty? She'd never been called beautiful, except by her father. She winced a bit as she remembered the only man she'd ever loved, remembered talking to him on the phone right before the outbreak, remembered breaking out of Cass to go find him... Remembered him being dead... Remembered having to kill him again. She felt the sting of tears and she furrowed her brow, forcing her sadness and loneliness to transform into anger. She approached the man, glaring into his eyes with her own piercing right into him.

"Look. I'm not looking to be an assassin. Honestly, there's no reason for me to even be alive other than the fact that someone has to kill these mother fucking zombies. And as for me being beautiful, well, that's not up to me. It just happens. So please, don't try to turn me into some social butterfly experiment. Just let me be alone. I don't want to hurt anyone else."

She let the sadness shine in her eyes as her voice cut off. She did hurt people. Everyone she'd ever allowed herself to love. They'd run from her. They'd left her behind. She wrapped her arms around herself, taking a step back, eyeing this man. She'd said too much. She disappeared into the shadows, silently darting behind a wall and dropping down into one of her many hidden entryways into her tunnels. Once alone, she let herself breath and pushed back the tears. No time to cry. Tears were a sign of weakness and there was absolutely no time to be weak in this world. She ran- no, sprinted- through the tunnels, darting left and right, her breath sharp and focused until she came to her private sector. She stopped in front of a wall that had been carved into bookshelves and pulled out an album, flipping it open. It was worn and faded, but she knew which one it was by the leaves covering the outside. She'd gotten it when she was 12 and kept it ever since. She thumbed through the pages until she found one picture of her father, wearing his reflective sunglesses and standing like Superman. She caressed this photo through the clear covering and closed her eyes, her broken heart aching. He'd been Superdad before he'd gotten sick. She'd taken this picture on their vacation to Sandia Peaks in New Mexico when they'd lived there. She looked up to him and nearly worshipped him. Even after he had to be put on dyalisis, after all the weakness hit and all the times he had to be put in the hospital, she loved him with every bit of her heart.

But then the outbreak came. He never had a chance, the man never ran in his life except when it was toward her when she was hurt. She remembered the only time she'd ever seen him run when she was 6, having broken her arm. He moved so fast, but then again, he wasn't sick then. She closed the book and held it to her chest, clutching it as if it would seep the remnants of her memories of him right into her heart. The first time, the last time she'd ever used a gun was to shoot her father in the forhead as he tried to kill her. But then again at that point he was no longer her Daddy. He was just an animal. She fell to her knees, the weakness taking hold of her and she pulled a box from the bottom shelf, pulling out his favorite jean jacket and wrapping it around her. She remembered how he'd always dress in those house shorts that showed off his skinny white legs and that t shirt that hugged his round belly when they went to the store then he would dance and do anything he could to embarrass her. Oh, what she wouldn't give to have that back, just for one more day... But no. The outbreak had taken everything she'd ever had and given her nothing but a cold, steely hatred for everyone. She needed no one. No one needed her. Her only friend was darkness.

"Social butterfly?," he never thought about a social butterfly experiment, all he wanted to do was have someone he could talk to in the darkness. It gets lonely in the darkness sometimes. He had to find her, he never meant to cause her pain he saw it in her eyes. He felt it in the very air around her. He decided to go underground to his "hole" as he called it. As he was nearing his hole, he saw her on the ground, tears rolling down her face. He couldn't stand to see her like that. Even though he had never been down this hall before, he had to go talk to her again.
"I understand how you feel," he said, "I lost someone very close to me too. It was my father, I lost him 3 years ago just as the outbreak was starting. I know you saw my crystal dagger, it was my father's he told me he'd made it for me but I wasn't allowed to have it until he died. After the outbreak, I had to use that very dagger to re-kill him as he was no longer the only person that meant the world to me."
As he told her the story, he felt the tears building in his eyes, as he remembered his father. He was always told as he was growing up that he looked just like his father, but now the only thing he sees when he looked in a mirror is his father, after all this time he only looks once a year, and still all he sees is his father. "Why dad," he thought to himself as he pulled the crystal diamond dagger out once more, "Why did you have to die on me so suddenly, I had so many things i wanted to ask you before you died. I miss you so much."

Jazz was wallowing in her self-pity, in her painful remembrance when she heard his voice, yet again. This didn't just anger her, it pissed her off. She stood, her eyes aflame as he spoke, the blood rushing in her ears drowning out most of what he said. She gripped her dagger, not really caring what she'd have to do to make this man leave her alone. Did he ever give up!? She forced herself to calm down, hand leaving the hilt of her dagger and she quietly put her things away. This was her private sector. He wasn't supposed to be here. This was her underground. She'd been here for ages. He was intruding. She felt her face twist into a scowl, her longer-than-normal canine teeth gleeming as a growl rose in her throat, but she pushed it back. No. No need to get that angry. She turned to him and in an instant she had moved, her face less than an inch from his. Her expression was unreadable, but her voice was covered with poison and ice.

"Alright, fine. I'll talk to you, just because you won't leave me the fuck alone, alright? But I swear to you, if you ever come anywhere near my private sector again, I will rip off your balls and shove them so far up your ass, you will have to cough to get them out, understand?"

He hadn't moved an inch from where he had been standing when she moved towards him."I know this is your private hallway, but i was heading for my hall when i saw you here, I had to find out why. I can't stand seeing people, expecially beautiful young ladies like yourself in such pain. If you'd just explain what i had said earlier that seemed to hurt you, maybe i can help fix the problem I caused."

There it was, that damned word again. Beautiful. She cringed as he said it, the word literally causing her skin to burn a bit and she took a step back, acting as though everything was absolutely normal here. She paused for a moment to think of how to place her words carefully, then she spoke slowly, as though he wouldn't understand if she didn't.

"You called me that word. Don't do that. And... I'm not used to people. People... tend to piss me off. Or make me uncomfortable. Or both. I end up getting extremely violent."

"What word?," he asked as if he didin't already know. "Beautiful? I didn't meant to upset you, I was trying to compliment you without it sounding all mooshy and weird." He looked at her in what little light there was, and using his enhanced vision from hidding in the drak like she has. "If I can't call you beautiful, may i call you lovely? And don't worry bout other peolpe they can be asses, I just want to finally know somebody who works better in the shadows like i do.

She wasn't interested in compliments. Compliments made her uncomfortable. She raised an eyebrow and shrugged at the word 'lovely' secretly hoping he didn't use it much. Or at all. When he mentioned how people could be asses she scoffed and rolled her eyes. She knew all too well.

"They're all just a bunch of shit-sniffing douchecanoes."

She smirked at this oddly random thought as she strolled past him, heading toward her bunker to change. She needed a bath, and a bath is what she would have. She hummed gently, using this as both entertainment and a sonar-like mechanism to keep herself from tripping over rocks in the dark. She expected him to follow, she didn't care what he saw or what he didn't. She needed something to talk about, but what? What would break the ice and the awkward tension?

"So... when's the last time you got laid?"

Yeah, that wouldn't make anything more awkward.

This was going to be difficult.

"Me?, he asked wondering why she'd ask such an awkward question, "Never, there was one girl at one time I thought I might have been able too, but she was killed just before the virus was released." He kept is back to her as he said this. "What about you, when was your last rodeo?" He snickered to himself as he made a pun refering to his cowboy nature from before the virus.

Oh joy, more death. But then again, in this world of post-apocolypse, there was nothing but death and destruction. She laughed out loud, more of an angelic ringing as he pushed her own question back to her and she counted on her fingers. One... two... geeze, three years? No, just two.

"Lost my virginity when I was 17. Huge mistake, hated sex ever since. Hated any guy who only wanted sex. Haven't even masturbated- Y'know, this is an odd subject. How dare you bring it up..."

She smirked to herself as she disappeared, dropping down a level and rounding a corner.

"If you think that's all I'm after your wrong. Truth is I've watched you every time i saw you above ground wondering if I was ever going to be able to tell you what I see when I look at you. But one of the few words to descibe it makes you so angry." He turns around to see he gone. "I guess I'll just go back to my 'hole', hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to you again. "And I'm sorry for everything I've done to make you angry. It's hard keeping a promise to someone who's dead, but my father meant so much to me."
He began to walk away mummbling to himself, "She doesn't care about your pathetic excuses for showing such disrespect. Next time you want to talk see if she want to talk to you, if not just leave her be. She obviously doesn't she the same feelings for you as you do for her."

Jazz turned back to see he hadn't followed her and her brow furrowed. She pupped back up onto the landing, her head poking out and she called after him.

"Hey, are you just gunna walk away from me? I kinda meant for you to follow. Or do you not want the tour?"

"Never said that," as he turned around to go back, "I just thought you had other things you wanted to do besides show me around. But if your offering I'll accept a tour. One thing my dad always told me, 'If the girl you love ain't happy, then you aren't, but if she is then you had better be happy to, even if she's happy with someone else. In that situation the you be happy for her.'"

Jazz's brow furrowed in confusion, then she rolled her eyes. Great, another guy that thought he was in love three seconds after meeting a girl. She waited for him then slid back down to the lower level, continuing her soft humming as she strode along silently through the dark. She loved this time of night, when the dark underground was deepened by the dark above. She made sure he was following as she made it to her bunker then she began pushing through boxes, looking for clothes to change into.

"Turn around, don't turn around, you'll see what you see. Not like I care much."

With that, she straightened and stripped her shirt off, exposing a scarred torso under a simple black bra. She'd been through hell, a lot of fighting and wounds had been inflicted, but for every scar she'd grown stronger. She unbuttoned her pants as she kicked off the boots, shimmying free of everything before beginning to redress.

Following her with ease as he was used to darkness. As she started to undress he quickly turned around to show respect. Sure she said she didn't care but he was taught better than that. For a few minutes he wanted to turn around and watch, but he couldn't convince himself it was right.

"I'm not sure if you heard me before, but I'm sorry I upset you with what I said. I wasn't sure how else to say it."

He carefully looked around for something to sit on, and he found a metal box. He sat down carefully hoping he wouldn't make her any madder than she already was at him for touching it. It looked old maybe from the war just before the virus was released. He decided quickly to just stand in case it belonged to her father, or someone else she cared for.

Eclipse would crack his knuckles as he would fix his ninjato's on his waist. He would then stand as he would wait inpatiently as he would tap his foot waiting for the new guy to walk in.