1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Greetings.

Looking for a handful of peeps who'd be interested in a very character focused zombie roleplay. In the absence of ideas, I'm fully willing to world-build out a generic walking dead setting too but I'm really looking for a handful of people that want to do something unique and engaging. If you people exist out there you should throw a hat into the ring and we can throw a turkey in the oven and see what comes out, ya dig?

I've got a handful of ideas to kick off some discussion here. For starters as far as the zombies are concerned I'm really down for anything. Classic shamblers are a fun dynamic, world war z sprinters raise shit to 11, left 4 dead-esque variety is a lot of fun, or something entirely different would be excellent as well.

I'm totally looking figure out some sort of interesting and dynamic setting. I've kicked around a futuristic location ala Dead Space as well as an artic setting to add to the need to focus on survival.

Anyone wanna toss there in their 2 cents?

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
Do you want years into it or the start like a couple months into it?

So, humans colonizing space due to the world being overrun by the dead could be a fun concept. Especially if the idea is that everyone is infected, so they still have to live with the issue. Of course, that does require some effort on figuring out exactly what the obstacles are. Hmm...

Anyway, I am almost always up for zombies.

Do you want years into it or the start like a couple months into it?
So, humans colonizing space due to the world being overrun by the dead could be a fun concept. Especially if the idea is that everyone is infected, so they still have to live with the issue. Of course, that does require some effort on figuring out exactly what the obstacles are. Hmm...

Anyway, I am almost always up for zombies.
I like this idea and it follows along with adding years. Super interesting concept actually, I'll have to pop back in when I'm off work.

So I had another idea I wanted to toss out there, either one is great IMO although they're total opposites lol. We could take some inspiration from The 100 with humans trying to reclaim Earth from space. Whether from Luna or from a space station would be an interesting thought as well.

As for colonizing space from Earth because of the infection how would you imagine that going? Like Mars or the Moon? Or a space station? Colony ships or many smaller ships?

I like the idea of the human race exploring the galaxy for other habitable planets. Kind of a sci-fi slice of life meets horror with the concept of the reanimating plague that they unintentionally brought with them. Maybe even use a cryo-sleep plot point. One goes haywire and causes them to die in the pod, and when they all awake they find the victim and that's how they discover they brought it with them.

At any rate, lots of potential for this concept.

I'm erring towards something more dynamic than slice of life if we can steer that direction more.

So an idea kinda formed here, what do y'all think of this?

Earth was overrun and in a gambit we launched out on a colony ship in cryo sleep. Large ship or small, if it was large we could add to the story either through writing or head canon that the ship had a massive breach when either a pod member or a crew member is infected and turned.

Could also write a parallel story about that event running alongside the original survival story if we get far enough in. Lots of interesting concepts there.

Anyways following the breach event which we can determine is a big thing or just a mad dash for escape pods we could jettison to a new planet because desperate. Details get kinda loose and fade off there but it's a start, whatch'y'all think?