Zombie Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going into work won't be able to reply much until 12:30.

Wow, Surge and Saffron really went on a tear! :)

@DeadAxl:

From now on, please do not do a time-skip without GM approval (from either Cry.EXE or myself), since it puts the time-skipping characters out of temporal synch with everyone else. Currently, Starrnico's, Tarieles' and my characters are in the middle of a conflict with some hunters, so we're not ready to time-skip to catch up with you. This makes it impossible for our characters to interact with yours and vice versa, and can also cause confusion, especially if anybody else is doing time-skips of different durations ("Wait, what day is it?!").

So, if you would like to do a time-skip in the future, please post a proposal here in the OT thread including the length of time you'd like to skip. Then, once Cry.EXE and/or I have had a chance to get the other players' agreement and we've all had a chance to resolve any ongoing conflicts and/or interactions, Cry or I can announce the time-skip. That way, everyone stays on the same page/same time in-game, and we all have the option of setting up interactions with each other's characters.

BTW, a question: in the picture, it looks like Surge's helmet has his face covered with metal. Does his helmet have an internal wrap-around video screen, or is there a pinhole grid (say, where the mouth is painted) that lets him (mostly) see through the faceplate? The video screen could give him some techy advantages, such as ability to switch to infrared or night vision, ability to access spysat imagery when there's a bird overhead and it's not cloudy, maybe access to a Future Combat System-style battlespace network, though there wouldn't be anybody on it unless we wanted to use a distress call for a plot hook. I think this makes the most sense, since a fully-enclosed helmet would make it possible to seal it to the suit and use an air filtration system so the wearer could charge into burning buildings, chemical, biological, or nuclear-contaminated environments, etc. given the suit prototype's original purpose. If you go with this option, he'd need to have something like a portable roll-out solar cell array (these exist; campers use them to recharge mobile devices) and/or a thermo-electric device (like a BioLite camp stove) that can turn the heat of a small fire into electricity, so he could re-charge the suit's batteries. The occasional highly-inconvenient malfunction of his helmet viewscreen (the suit is a prototype... *evil grin*) could make for some nice heart-pounding moments for Surge. :)

It's up to you though, if you prefer the pinhole grid idea, you're welcome to go with that.

Sorry I didn't ask this earlier. For some reason, I wasn't getting alerts for this thread. *grumbles*

Reactions: Starrnico
@Zarko Straadi Apologies for the timeskip. It was mentioned earlier, but I'm guessing you didn't see it. I will be sure to wait for a response in this thread before doing so.

Well, the hermetical seal would be interesting, as would the super techy HUD from inside the helm. Never really thought about any tech advantages, but I think it'd have a failsafe to make it function as a pinhole deal if the suit ran out of energy, with some beforehand preparation. So if it ran out of energy in mid-combat, it'd create a blindfight scenario, but after the fight, he could fiddle around on the inside for him to be able to see out of it, getting rid of the hermetic seal.

Currently, with all things considered, however, I believe it would be out of energy. The fact that it is a prototype most likely means that whatever battery-operated goodies the suit does have would be inefficient power-wise, and it's been an indeterminate amount of time (I said years in an earlier post, but it could be less, up to the GMs) between current time and when it was last charged. And a suit like this would most likely be designed for close and quick urban operations, where one could get their job done and head back to recharge, so the energy efficiency probably wasn't a key issue in the armour's development.

EDIT: Either that, or the faceplate could just be a One-Way Visor, in the vein of Halo's ODST VISR technology.

Hi guys. Sorry about that GM's. We got really into the conversations and actions done by our characters. It won't happen again without your stated approval.

Yay waiting!

Sorry, I'm writing a post. Almost done. Not everybody can be as fast as DeadAxl and Dragon-Goddess. ;)

I'm not really fast, just bored and (usually) paying attention to my alerts

Haha, yeah I woke up this morning, and was actually mildly impressed by how many posts they made. Don't see that much anymore! Good to see you guys are both having fun though!

Status
Not open for further replies.