Zombie apocalypse with a blind guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hmmmmmm... I think your father is right. I would love to have a place like this," Lucifer said, smiling. "And plain water will do. I don't really like coffee..."

He used to, though, but after the accident a couple of years back when he choked on it and it came out of his nose, he feared coffee. It was ridiculous, but Lucifer didn't care.

Mom sounded awesome, and he couldn't help but felt a little jealous. Sure, he had both of his parents, but they were not at all close. He doubt they remembered his birthday. He didn't remember theirs. "Your family is amazing, you know that? Your father probably cared for you a lot..."

Sayomi hopped off the counter. And grabbed a cold water bottle out of the fridge. She had never met anyone that didn't like coffee before. Or at least flavored coffee. "We do have tea if you would like that too. Both Iced and Hot." She handed him the bottle, before jumping back up on the counter. Mom used to be programmed to get her off the counter. But, she learned how to over ride that feature, and her father was so proud let it stay that way till the next upgrade... Which would never happen now.

"He does love me... But not enough to stay with me. Even with no mother..." She looked down at the cup of coffee, then sipped on it. "I was always alone. There were nannies. But they just did what they were told. Then when I was 4 Mom came into play. She could watch me, help me get food. Keep me in the yard. She wasn't nearly as complex. But neither is a little girl. I was happy throwing rocks, and training like my dad told me I needed to." She took a deep breath. She had done the math about half a year ago. Her and her dad had only physically been together for just under a year total.

Yeah, they talked on the phone, and over web chats and everything. But Sayomi just wanted her father there. Sayomi always trained in the agility room when she was upset. Because she had to concentrate on what she was doing, or she would fall, and potentially get hurt. Most of the stuff was high off the ground for a reason. You can't learn, if you aren't going to get hurt.

Lucifer smiled. They were a lot more similar than he thought... He declined the tea, not really liking the bitter taste, and drank his water.

"I don't know why my parents got married. They don't care about each other and they don't care about us. They would give my older brother money and he would take care of us," he said softly. "They never visited me when I ended up in the hospital when I had an accident. They didn't come to my sis's play. Never celebrated our birthdays..." Lucifer chuckled darkly. "They didn't even come to my brother's funeral."

He didn't hate them, nor did he love them. They were like strangers to him. They never even called. Sighing, he stood up and walked around a little. He needed to connect with his sister, to see if she was still alive. Most likely yes, but he still had to make sure. Lucifer cared, unlike his parents.

"Mom. Projector please." Sayomi rang out as she saw him pacing. Slowly a projector lowered and went on the wall. Showing nothing at the time. "Lets hop online for a bit." With in a second the screen became an internet browser. "Now were too Sayomi?" Mom asked. Sayomi never even heard the computer anymore. Never really did. That was why she was called mom. She was pretty much Sayomi's mother. She was more attached to this computer, than to her father. "That is up to Lucifer." She said smiling. She liked watching peoples faces when mom did different things.

"Some people get married because they thing that is what they need to do. And they do it. And resent everything that reminds them of it. It is just that simple. My father was madly in love with my mom, but she didn't feel the same way. Just did what she was thought that she needed to." She was hesitant to ask her next few questions. "What happened in your accident?"

Slowly she got up the courage to ask her last one. " If you don't mind me asking. What happened to your brother... You don't have to tell me in the least bit." She asked as she crossed her legs and drank the rest of the coffee that was in her cup.

"Ummm... I would like to check my email..." Lucifer told her the password and waited for her. 'Mom' didn't failed to amaze him more and more.

"I think my parents got married for sex and money. They didn't care about the by products," he muttered. "And I was caught in a gang fight. They nearly gauged my eyeballs out, somehow. I went completely blind then, I think, my eyesight is crappy from birth really." And the horrible thing was that it was treatable. His parents could have gotten his eyes fixed when he was younger, but they didn't care and it got worse.

Shrugging, he said. "He died from cancer. Not something dramatic like he would have wanted, but he was happy and he didn't have any regrets so... He was prepared for it..." It always shocked him how easily he could talk about his brother's death, horrid parents and his blindness. He was numbed to the stuff.

Mom opened the email, and put in the information, then just waited patiently for the next place to move to.

"Why would they need to get married for sex and money? You can have that outside of marriage..." Sayomi couldn't help but wonder and think of something like in a book. One was rich, parents held back the money, that would be rewarded to them once marriage happened. She started to loose herself once more in her thoughts until she she heard the word gang. She looked at him surprised.

"uhhh... Not to sound rude or mean, but how did YOU get into a gang fight?" It wasn't meant to sound mean, but he didn't look like someone who really even interact with people that would be in a gang or anything. "Mom, can you open the cabinet for me please? Father will not be returning any time soon.." She said distantly.

A Cabinet opened that usually required a code. She went over to it, and pulled out a bottle of Kahlua. She poured some into her cup, then put it back. Filling the cup with coffee.

"If he died happily with Cancer... That is better then a lot of people can say anymore." She said gently. She was never one to apologize for something that she had no control over. It was pointless.

"I honestly have no idea. Maybe my mom was broke before she met my dad or something," he mumbled. There were over twenty emails from Pandora, first being "YAAAAY ZOMBIEZZZZ" then many others which was something like "HELLOOOOO~~~~~LUCY???". When he refreshed the page, 2 more popped up from her. Lucifer smiled a little, then send her an email to let her know that he was alright.

Lucifer wrinkled up his nose, thinking hard. He couldn't remember much of that day... "I was badly bullied back then, both mentally and physically, they teased me, hit me and ignore me and stuff like that. It used to bother me a lot. I was kinda lonely, since my little sister had friends back then and she usually slept over at their house, and my brother had part time jobs," he mumbled. That was the time when his parents didn't come back for over two years. His older brother had to work for money. "Then one day some kids came up to me and sit with me at lunch, and I was happy. I let them lead me home, and they start to beat me up half way through, then more people came and they start to hit me and they were shooting each other." The whole incident had resulted in him being an introvert, and he had trust issues. So he became even more of a loner than he was before.

He smiled at her a little. It was true. His brother's life was just shorter than most people's, but it was a good life for him. And Lucifer couldn't say the same thing to himself if he were to die now.

Sayomi smiled when she saw that he was able to contact his sister. She wondered if she used the Satellite phone if she would be able to reach her father. Maybe he would know to the extent that this plague is.

She started to think of her childhood, and all through school. Growing up, people made fun of her because her father was never around. And no one understood mom. They were never allowed over. She remembered that after a time that her father had come. He showed up at her school. Maybe 7th grade. In full uniform, others following him. Waiting for his orders, people were amazed. Her father was there, and was important. But that only made them make fun of her more. Her father was too busy taking care of others to pay attention to her. Her father had told her to stand up for herself... She took it the wrong way, and ended up getting expelled from school for fighting. She always possessed the ability to stand up for herself. She just refrained from it.

"They thought that you were easy... then everything got out of hand. Maybe they thought that you would be able to be the initation of themselves..." She was curious. Very much so. but at the same time, even his story, touched a place she hadn't been in so long. Because she was afraid to go. She stood straight, some of her body shaking. She drank the coffee quickly and picked up the bottle. She felt bad to leave and not talk. But. There were things that she wasn't ever going to be ready to think about.

She walked over to Lucifer and grazed her hand down his arm. "I am going to go out back. You can stay in here if you please. Mom will help you. Just ask her. Make sure that your sister is alright and what ever you need. Alright?" She gave a soft smile. She wanted him to know that she was at least ok. To help ease his mind.

"I had always been kind of shy and soft spoken I guess... Somehow I can't bring myself to hate people enough to hurt them," Lucifer mumbled.

He had hoped that Sayomi would share a little more about herself before she left, but she didn't, and Lucifer couldn't really do anything about it. She would talk about it when she was ready, he would never force her.

After she left, Pandora started a chat.

MissPanda: YAAAY LUCY YOU ARE ALIVE!!!

Lucifer sighed. "Yeah... I am. How are you?" Mom sent Pandora the message.

MissPanda: Mmmmm... I'm fine. Micky is fine too. The army van is freaking zombie proof!!! And we have enough stuff to last is ten years in here! Are you okay? Do you need me to come and pick you up?

"I'm fine really... I'm at someone else's house right now... A fellow survivor."

MissPanda: That's good... Where is it? The house, I mean.

Lucifer scratched his head and huffed. "I have no idea. I guess I will ask her when she comes back."

MissPanda: Okay! I have to go now! See ya later!!! Take care and be careful!!!

"Okay..." It was kind of disturbing, how Pandora was still so cheery and enthusiastic.

Sayomi walked about, drinking from the bottle. Thinking. She went into the Shed for a moment, looking around. It took her a few minutes, but then found what she was looking for. A larger bottle filled with pills,and two spoons. She looked at them, and started a debate in her head, walking out.

"Mom. Will you play 'This is what it feels like' by Armin Van buuren please?" She asked mom as she sat in the grass, still holding the bottles. She placed the alcohol away from her, and held the pill bottle. Rattling it around. Today would have been a nice day for her. It was calm, a bit cold, but still sunny. She watched as the sun was starting to set finally. She was going to have to go inside soon, and then lock everything up.

She wondered if they were going to have to venture to where ever his sister was. Or where they would go next. She tried to think of places that might be safe. She had no idea of any place.

Lucifer fell asleep on the table after the chat, being both physically and mentally exhausted. He would probably wake up with an aching back and sore neck or something, but he didn't care.

The whole day had been kind of fun, to him at least, being a pyromaniac and a little psycho. Guilt-free violence, epic explosions and chaos. It was his kind of thing. Sure, he would never hurt a living person, but it was different with the undead. Nevertheless, it had been scary. And that's as enough to wear him out.

And he had to run, which made his legs cramp up awfully.

Then there was Sayomi, who was an awesome girl. But girls made Lucifer awkward and nervous, so there was a bit of problem at first. But Lucifer warmed up to her surprisingly easily. And he really liked her.

Now he was in an awesome house with awesome technology, something that would never happen if zombies had not become real. If there was no zombies, there wouldn't be Sayomi. And Lucifer would still be in his apartment, bored half to death and lonely.

The apocalypse wasn't that bad after all.

Sayomi finally decided that she would take the pills. She hadn't done it in a long time, and her father would be disappointed. But she needed the help in thinking. She got up, and looked at the sky, wondering what tomorrow would bring. If the sun would be shinning, if the electricity grid would finally go down. She shook her head, and started walking inside.

"Mom. Night time lock down. Electrical grids up." She said as she walked inside. She froze as she saw Lucifer sleeping. She let out a small smile. She went and grabbed a blanket, coming back and draping it over him. She didn't want to wake him up. Once awake, who knows if he would be able to sleep again tonight.

She let her hand graze the back of his head as she walked out of the kitchen. She went into the bathroom, and sat on the sink counter. She took out the two spoons and then placed two pills one. She placed the other spoon on top, so that the two matched together. She then pressed down and crushed the pills. She thought that once she kicked this addiction, that she would never go back to it. She also never thought that zombies would be real.

She took out a cut straw, took a deep breath, and then within a few minutes, the two pills were gone.She inhaled her face crunching together as she tasted the bitterness of the pill in the back of her throat. She just sat there, her face blank, as she waited, disappointed in herself. But this was the best way she could think of to think the fastest.

Lucifer was a very light sleeper, probably because of his other enhanced senses that made up for his sight. It was a curse and a blessing, really.

The moment the fabric of the blanket touched him, sleep was gone. He knew Sayomi meant well, and he stayed still and pretended that he was sleeping, in hopes that he would fall back asleep. He did, a little, but by then he had decided to wake up and sleep properly somewhere else, because his back was hurting. And dried zombie juices were stuck to his clothes and hair...

He wobbled away from the table, tripping twice and falling flat on his face once, bump into chairs for god knows how many times and his head meet the wall twice. Then he finally gave up and just sit on the floor and wait for Sayomi, falling asleep again.

When Sayomi heard Lucifer being up, she jumped up. Her head spun and twirled, her she held out her hands, trying to keep her balance. She looked at herself in the mirror, and felt ashamed. She started to think about everything that needed to be done. She opened the door and went to find her new friend, stumbling around the hallway.

She saw him on the ground and went over to him. "Oh hun. What are you doing?" She helped him up, holding onto him not just for him, but for herself. She didn't want to fall down. She was trying to keep her cool. She didn't want to let him know that she was weak, that she was scared. "Where were you trying to go? You don't know your way around silly." She said as she held him.

She just stood there. Holding onto him, trying not to smile. There was something about him, that made her left so scared.

Lucifer blinked, still drowsy. "Uhhh... This is embarrassing..." He blushed a little. "I'm so weird when I'm sleepy..."

Even after he had regained his balance, she still hung on. He felt tingly all of the sudden, and his blush darkened. He let her cling onto him, and just stood there in silence. "I guess I was trying to find my way to the bathroom? I got zombie juices all over me..." He spoke softly, smiling at her.
He wanted to stay like that forever though, he couldn't remember the last time anybody really touched him. There would be pats and punches from Pandora, and there used to be hair rufling from Gabriel, but he died. These touches only last a couple of seconds though...

Saymoi giggled softly as she started walking towards the bathroom, never letting him go. "Well let us get you all cleaned up.I am sorry that I did not show you around. It is just so big." She was talking faster then usual, as the pills took complete control of her mind. She started to think of all the possible places that they could go, and be safe from harm.

As she led him into the bathroom, she tried not to gag as the intense bitter taste of the pills were in the back of her throat. She quickly cleared it, and went about her way. She let him go once they were in there, and stumbled out of the bathroom, and grabbed him a towel. She went into her fathers room, and crabbed some clothes.She didn't know if they would fit, but she figured she would try at least.

She went back, and handed him the towel, and the clothes. "Here are these. everything that you need will be in the shower, if not, just ask mom. She can find it for you. If you need anything, just yell my way. I will be in my room, which is off to the right. Just do down the hallway, and it is the last door to the right."

"You are acting a little strange..." Lucifer said, frowning a little. "Are you alright?"

He took the clothes and raised an eyebrow. His own clothes was in his bag, but he decided to just use the clothes she had given him, not wanting to bother her some more.

Sayomi had been acting strange, and it worried Lucifer a little. She was swaying a little, and she giggled. Lucifer never thought that she was the type to giggle. She had always been kind of a tough girl, and kind of calm. Not giggly. But she could have losened up or something...

And there was the clinging on to him.

He wasn't complaining, not at all. But it was kind of strange.

"You know, you can tell me what's wrong..." he mumbled, not sure what to say. Comforting wasn't one of the things he could do very well. And counseling.

Sayomi was surprised when Lucifer asked if she was alright. She thought that she was handling herself very well. She didn't know what to tell him. She didn't want him to hate her. She just stared at him for a bit, trying to think about what to say.

"No matter how strong the person seems... They always have a weakness.. Unfortunately, mine seems to run my life some times... At the same time though... It helps me think.." She looked down at her feet, disapointed more in herself. She hated herself for everything, but still... She had done them.. and still couldn't think of some place to go where they would be safe.

She let her hand raise up,and struck his cheek for a moment. "You're very sweet, but it is easy to see that you are still uncomfortable talking to me sometimes.There is not need to bother you with my issues."

He smiled a little and touched her hand. "I just don't like talking," he said softly. It was nice, how Sayomi wanted him to be more comfortable around her, but Lucifer still thought that they need more time to kind of open up and get to know each other better. It wasn't that he disliked her or anything, he just had trust issues. Sure, he would talk when spoken to and help people out, share his life story (he did that a lot for some reason. To him, they were just memories. He just simply didn't care about them anymore), but he never get too close. Never let himself grow attached to someone and let himself feel something for another person. They could have feelings for him and treasure him as a friend, but most of the times, they were just people to him.

It was sad, really.

And he didn't like hurting people with his emotional handicap so he just isolated himself. Nobody got close to him and he would never get close to anybody. Until the zombie apocalypse happened and Sayomi came along. He became comfortable around her surprisingly easily, not yet to the point where he talked comfortably (he just simply hated talking. He gave speeches, but he never talk. As in, having a conversation). Lucifer would like to think that it was because they had to work together to survive, but he knew that there was more. His emotions were a little out of control (he blushed[\I]), and it freaked him out a little.

"I understand..." he said, patting her head. "My weakness had been running most of my life." Yeah, he was a really weak guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.