Zombie apocalypse with a blind guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
As she tugged more at the arrow, trying to get it out of its skull she started to get a bit frustrated. "Rahh! Let. It. Go." She loudly said to the dead man as she gave it a pull as her foot rested on hid face. She pulled it out, staggering backwards slightly. Once she regained herself she gave a triumphant laugh.

She had gotten herself so caught up in making sure that she got her arrow, that when Lucifer walked back out, he made her jump. She could feel the wear of the past couple days on her body. She wanted to get back to her house, and see mom. She would know how to keep them safe.

She walked over to him, putting the arrows away, and picked up her bag and the fireworks. "Now, Now we light the fireworks, and get ready to run." She said simply, checking her pocket, making sure that the keys were in there. "This is going to be the part that we have to be quick and together on." She looked at him, even though he couldn't see it, she still thought that he could feel it. "No matter what happens, if it comes down to it, I won't leave you. But, if something happens to me, I want you to run. Just run. This was my stupid idea, and there is no reason for you to be taken down with me."

Lucifer rolled his eyes, " Yeah right, like that will ever happen. I need to and I will drag you out of any zombie sticky situations. But you have to promise me one thing..." He did not like thinking about it, much less saying it out loud. He knew that once he said it, Sayomi would make him do the same thing, and he did not know if he could. He was a big softie.

"I want you to shoot me if I am bitten. I don't want to be spending my afterlife walking around being an ugly rotting corpse, and eating people," the last part was a small attempt to make it seems light, but it didn't help one bit.

He had said the thing Sayomi had hoped he wouldn't. She didn't want to think about it. Once you start thinking of something, it can become real. Because once thought about it, there because that option in ones mind..

"I will not let that happen to you. You are my friend, and do not deserve that." As she said it, she couldn't even look at him. She didn't want to think about it. Especially because that would mean that she would be alone from then, with the memories of what went wrong to cause something like that to happen. Quickly she turned on her heel.

"Alright, so let us get moving. Yes? Before we run out of daylight." She didn't want to dwell on that what ifs of life, but instead act. Act, and try to make things better. Or else one may get lost in the sad aspects of life, that have always surrounded us.

Lucifer grinned despite the tension. A tough girl, she was.

"Yeah we should. But does the zombies become stronger at night? I know it won't affect me much, unless I'm sleepy..." he said, following Sayomi's footsteps. Hopefully he won't get lost... He was walking slower than her, slightly nervous. He was not sure what was in front of him. There was no walls for sure, since Sayomi was walking straight, but he was more worried about the stuff in the floor. A moan was heard just to his left, and he swung his katana on instinct. A head dropped onto the ground with a thud and rolled away. Shuddering, he quickened his steps and followed Sayomi.

"I... Don't know.. I wouldn't see how it would honestly. I think it would weaken them a bit, because of them seeming to have blurry vision. Or,it could make them easier to see, without the sun.. I honestly do not know. Like you, we had been hiding out on the third floor until today. I couldn't go down though. So, I came up." She started to loose herself in thought.

She started to wonder if the could would freeze their bodies such has a human, she wondered if they would eat anything, and if like them. The night would slow them down, or speed them up. She started to think of Mom and the large freezer that she had. She wondered if there was a way to get a zombie in there..

Once they were to the window, she smiled, and grabbed his hand. "The window is broken. So be careful. Don't want you to cut yourself." Sayomi told him making sure that he knew where the broken glass was

"Can they see at all?" Lucifer thought about how they can obviously see his katanas and their fellow zombies' head getting sliced off, yet they still did not dodge the blade. He experimented a little with one of the zombies. He pointed the blade at its face, not touching it, but it did not move out of the way or stop. It kept staggering towards the blade until it impaled its face on it. Maybe they were just plain stupid.

He was going to tell her about his little discovery when she grabbed his hand, making him forget how to speak. A light pink tinted his pale face and his heart went a little crazy. He zoned out until she said stuff about the glass. He nodded dumbly, stepping through it easily with his insanely long and skinny legs.

Then he ranted away about his zombie experiment.

Sayomi listened as he spoke. She let go of his hand as she started getting the fireworks.

"Maybe it is just like the viruses in our body. They are just set out to do what they were suppose to. they do not take into account anything, like the white blood cells that we have to protect our bodies. They do not flee when a white cell shows up. They do not do anything, except try to convert that cell. Even if it starts killing it, they still keep trying to kill all the white blood cells. Maybe it is the same thing."

It was the only reasonable way that she could think of. Why else would they not do anything whenn a threat was known too them.

All the fireworks were set, all they needed to do was go down to the second story, and lower them then run.

Lucifer nodded. "That make sense... Either the zombies doesn't care whether its in danger or not, as long as its getting what it wants, or it doesn't have any sense of sight or touch... It can't feel or see that it is in danger..."

Sayomi was setting up the fireworks, he realized. He got out of the way and listened out for any approaching zombies. Nope, nothing. Must have killed most of them earlier...

When she was done, he figured that he had to run like hell. Chop every zombie that gets in his way. Smack them, whack them, shoot them, chop them... Anything, to get them to go away from him and Sayomi. They had to get to her motorcycle. It's not the best vehicle for a zombie apocalypse, but it was all they had. It was better than nothing.

"Or maybe, since they have no feelings, they do not feel the pain, or feel being scared that usually drives all creatures to hide from pain, and run from danger. They are just there. I do not think that they are even realitively human anymore." Sayomi said with a shrug. To her, she wasn't one who was going to run, or one that was going to try not to talk about it like the zombies were not there. This was how they were to live now.

She looked at Lucifer. She was worried about the plan. She didn't want anything to happen to him. It would be her fault if it did.

She tried to get those thoughts out of her head before they went down. She pulled out the gun. and took out the clip, adding more bullets to make sureit was full. She took a deep breath. "Alright, so once the second firework goes off, that is when we will make a run for it." She slid her hand down her back, onto her butt, checking again that her keys were there. "Once there, I will open the seat compartment, and we have to put all that we can in it. Other than that, I can wear a bag forward, the others we will have to figure it out. Are you ready, or do you wanna wait a little bit longer?"

[(Sorry I kinda disappeared for the past day. I went out with a friend, then had some family stuff yesterday)]

((Its fine~))

"They are dead. Not one bit of them is human anymore. The thing that made them human is gone now," Lucifer mumbled. They were only bodies. Their mind, what made them humans, was gone. The same thing was applied to people who became brain dead, there's only a shell left. Lucifer sighed, memories suddenly coming back. He pushed them away and got his gun ready. His katanas need to be cleaned soon, or they will rust from the blood.

To be honest, he was scared. Running was not one of the things that he could do very well. And to think that he could possibly drag Sayomi down with him too... He shuddered.

"How much more time do we have?" He wasn't that ready yet. But then again, nobody is really ready for a zombie apocalypse. He turned towards Sayomi. "Yeah... I'm okay now. Lets go."

She watched him closely. She had faith in mom if they could get in. She gave him a a quick hug. "Just trust in me. I won't lead you astray..." She whispered to him. She took a step back and faced the east, then saluted. Something her father told her to do. 'Salute toward me, and just pretend it's a test...'

"Lets go."She said softly, and started walking down the stairs. She ventured down slowly, just in case there might be a stray zombie somewhere. But there didn't seem to be any. She firgured they wouldn't be smart enough to climb.

She stepped off on the level above the ground. This way they could be closer to the ground for the fireworks, and to be able to run. She was holding the extra string, when she thought for a moment and smiled. She tied one end to her belt loop. "Hey. Tie this string somewhere. It's about nine feet long. This way, we won't get seaperated, but will still have slack to do what we may need. The bike is about 3-400 yards away. So I don't want to loose you."

Lucifer nodded, swallowing the lump in his throat. Okay, he was going to do fine. Just pay attention and he should be okay...

He followed the sound of her soft, cautious footsteps. It wasn't that hard. At the same time, he listened for moans or uneven shuffling, sure signs of zombies, unless someone was being stupid and pretending to be one. If that's the case, they deserves to be chopped by him.

He stopped when she did, following her closely. When she offered him the string, he was a little skeptical. It sounded like a good plan, but he could a) accidentally cut it off with his katana b) trip on it c) get tangled up, or Sayomi run faster than him and he ended up losing his balance and face plant. Then get dragged.

But he took the other end of the string without a word and tied it onto his belt loop (it seemed like a safe place to tie it). He gave her a thumb up. The string could help a little, they can't get too far apart.

"Alright, the bike to the left. Just head that way and listen for me." She said as she lit the first firework. "Lets get this started." She said under her breath, then threw the firework, like a grenade. It didn't even land before it went off. She looked down, and could see the zombies stumbling around heading towards the noise, and to the bright explosions that were being displayed.

In a fluid motion, she lit the rest of the fireworks, tied the strings to the railing, and lowered them, making sure they would go off the way they were suppose to. She Looked, and noticed that the ones that were closest to the bike, wouldn't get that far away from the bike by the time that they got to it, so she pulled the bow off her back, and took out the three closest to the bike.

Before she even put the bow away, the second firework went off. "And it starts..." She said as she started down to the ground, making sure to let there be enough slack so that the string didn't pull.

Lucifer paid close attention to Sayomi's instructions. Listen out for her, huh, he could handle that. According to her, the bike was to the left, so the closest staircase would be the emergency exit. But it is a close space and cramped. Who knows? There might be zombies in there, and it would be hard for them to dodge the zombies in a tiny space. He could just jump off the building right now and land safely, but he was not sure if Sayomi could do the same, and the string could cause problem too. Not to mentions zombies might be waiting for him down there.

The sound of the explosion made Lucifer grin gleefully, almost evilly. He loved the sound of destruction and pain, it was amazing. And plus, the zombies were getting burnt or distracted. He was briefly aware of Sayomi pulling out her now and arrows and shoot a few zombies, but the second explosion distracted him.

The adrenaline was flowing in his system, his hardcore mode triggered by the explosion. His brother used to say that he was insanely murderous and creepy after he hears explosions. He might be right. Lucifer pulled out his katanas and swung them around a little, grinning.

"Let's go."

((Holy moly I typed lots... This is what happen when the actions starts rolling))

Jumping off the ladder, Sayomi smiled. Most of the zombies had started to stagger over to the fireworks, watching, groaning and trying to find the cause of it. In fluid motions, she started to shoot the ones that were farther away and that had seen her. She was well trained in the usage of guns, and most weapons. She was able to keep her cool in high pressure situations.

She couldn't help but bite her lip as she watched the bodies fall to the ground. Yes, the things had been people at one point, but they were no longer it. They were gone, and the things that were now walking around just needed to be ended, to preserve the safety of others, and the memories that someone had tied to the person. No one deserved to see a loved one in this state.

She continued toward the bike, as the third firework went off. There was only four left, and they were still far from the bike.

[(I had a bit of writers block, I got it now!)]

((Hehe me too ... O.o Now I dunno what to type...))

Lucifer sliced through zombies, gleefully. He had always been a little sadistic, especially after an explosion. Running after Sayomi wasn't so bad... He could hear her quite well, and the zombies wasn't that fast.

After the third explosion went off, he felt... Amazing... His movements were sharper and more precise, zombies getting sliced in half almost effortlessly by him. He wished that he could use the gun, it sounded amazing, but he was afraid that he could possibly hurt Sayomi. Maybe he should ask her to teach him how to handle a gun soon, when they are safe.

"How much further must we run?" His legs were cramping up. They were not fit for running, they were long and flexible and skinny. There wasn't really any muscle in him, sadly. He was more of the silent and deadly type, brains not brawl. And he was guessing that Sayomi was more of a brawler than he was, and she might be more of a brain too. Sigh... He was such a hopeless guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.