Zombie apocalypse with a blind guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EllieX

Original poster
Name: Lucifer
Nickname: Lucy, LuLu
Looks: Long dark hair that reached mid-back. Dull grey eyes. Tall and skinny.
Personality: Extremely quiet, but not cold. A little shy.
Race: Human
Weapons: Twin katana. Oh yeah and his white cane.

The day started out normal enough. Everything was in order. Until he walked outside of his flat, which was, luckily, on the 12 floor.

Lucifer heard groaning and moaning below him. His neighbor attacked him. Two people screaming something about being bitten by zombies. It was quite obvious to him now. He ran back inside his flat and locked his metal gate and the wooden door. He closed all windows, grabbed his cane and his twin katanas (he used to be in a kendo club when he was younger).

His plan? To stay in his apartment for the rest of his life. But he did not have enough food (other than a whole storeroom of freeze-dried food. He relied on these, he was blind, after all) and his home can't last forever. But he decided to stay in his flat for a couple of days, to get prepared. On his third day, someone knocked on his door. It wasn't a zombie (he hoped. Zombies don't knock, right?) so he considered letting the person in. He couldn't see and he did not have any kind of vehicle, so he need someone to look out for him and drive him around.

Name: Sayomi
Nickname: Sai
Looks: long black silky hair, piercing green eyes, standing only 5'5" a size 9. not skinny, nor fat
Personality: Loud, stubborn, distant.
Race: Human
Weapons: bow and arrows, glock 45

Sayomi had came to visit an old friend, and when the out break seemed to get worse. Her friend was located on just the second floor. She was able to hide out there for a bit, but he had been biten when trying to get some information, and some supplies. When he returned, all that they could do was sit in silence. It didn't take long for him to be taken over by whatever caused the outbreak. It wasn't until he had changed, she realized that she didn't have any type of weapon. She got up, running into his bedroom, slamming the door, crying. She was scared. She looked around, and noticed his hunting bow, and knew he had a hand gun somewhere. There was pounding on the door, as the door began to give under the blows. She found the gun, and stood up, just waiting for him to enter the room. Once the stumbeling body made his way into the room, she quickly pulled the trigger.

She knew that she couldn't stay there. There was nearly no supplies, and she could hear the zombies trying to get into the apartment. She grabbed her keys, and all the ammo she could find with the gun. She packed the little amount of supplies. Before she left the room, she looked at the bow and arrows. Then grabbed them, putting them on her back. She quickly cilmbed out the window, being weighed down by the amount in her bag. Slowly she made her way up higher. She couldn't go down. With each level, she could see zombies in every hall way. so she kept going up. Eventually, she found the 12th floor. It seemed safe. She climbed through the window, then soon realized that she was wrong. She ran, as a chase of cat and mouse began. She tried the doors, and none opened. She got to one, and started pounding. It was the last door. She had no other ideas. after pounding on it though, she heard a noise. someone was there. She pounded harder on the door. "Let me in! Please! Don't let me die out here!" She yelled as tears of fear ran down her pale skin.

But then again, who would want a blind guy latching on them in a zombie apocalypse and dragging them down-

"Let me in! Please! Don't let me die out here!"

The voice broke him out of his reverie. He didn't need to think about saving the girl outside. Whether she let him tag along with her was her choice...

He opened the wooden door. Then quickly he in locked the metal gate. He could here the zombies' uneven foot steps approaching. He reached out and yanked the girl in, slamming the gate shut and locking it. A zombie hand grabbed him and he chopped it off with his katana. He literally dragged the girl inside and closed the wooden door and locking it.

"... Are you bitten...?" he whispered. Although he had not much informations about the breakout, he was pretty sure you could turn into a zombie if you were bitten. That was what a typical zombie movie would be like anyways...

But then again, who would want a blind guy latching on them in a zombie apocalypse and dragging them down-

"Let me in! Please! Don't let me die out here!"

The voice broke him out of his reverie. He didn't need to think about saving the girl outside. Whether she let him tag along with her was her choice...

He opened the wooden door. Then quickly he in locked the metal gate. He could here the zombies' uneven foot steps approaching. He reached out and yanked the girl in, slamming the gate shut and locking it. A zombie hand grabbed him and he chopped it off with his katana. He literally dragged the girl inside and closed the wooden door and locking it.

"... Are you bitten...?" he whispered. Although he had not much informations about the breakout, he was pretty sure you could turn into a zombie if you were bitten. That was what a typical zombie movie would be like anyways...

((Wait... Why did I posted this twice???!!!))

When the hand reached out and latched onto her, and dragged her in, she let out a surprised gasp, but then thought about it. When people were trying to eat people, and the fact that there would be many looters, because that will be the only way to get supplies. So she couldn't expect people to be nice or gentle with her.

When she was asked if she had been bitten, she looked up to see her rescuer. All she could see in the dark was that he seemed to be much taller then her, and was skinny, so she guessed in shape. She couldn't help but look down at her body. She didn't like being skinny as a rail like the other girls, and did have some meat to her, but she was in shape. Or so she thought. She went boxing nearly every day.

Shaking her head slowly she whispered back to him "I am clean. No bites, or scratches. Nothing."

[(because you decided to? xD I have no idea)]

He nodded. Suddenly he felt awkward. What was he suppose to say next? Should he say anything at all? He ended up pushing his grand piano to the door (because he had nothing better to do). Just to be safe, he thought to himself, piling his thick and heavy Braille books and his typewriter. Then he grabbed a role of tape and taped all over the place. The windows, the door and the piano and his books... All just to avoid a conversation.

After the tape was gone, he panicked slightly inside his head. Then he walked to the kitchen (thank god he didn't trip over something) and grabbed a can of freeze-dried food. The Braile tag on it says 'Lasagna'. He scooped out a cup of it and dumped it into a bowl. Then he grabbed a cup of water and pour it in. Then he put the bowl in the microwave. He sat in his kitchen and waited until the food was cooked. He came out and slam the bowl on the table, attracting the girl's attention.

"Eat."

((Dunno of you know... But there is a freeze-dried food brand called mountain house or something... The food can be kept up to a year after it had been opened... And I think ten years if its still in its packaging. There's the big tin can type that you scoop out the food and put in a bowl and the one serving type when you just open a plastic packet and pour water in and eat straight from it. Lucy have both types, but he had more of the canned ones because he eats at home most of the time. The packets would be more convenient on the run though, as it's smaller in size))

((And I didn't decide to post it two times!!! I just refreshed the page and I see two of my post!!!))

As the man wondered around, moving things, and eventually taping up everything. She could hear the zombies outside. They knew the two were in here. Eventually, they would get in, the two of them would have to get out. The were going to need more food, and once the whole city went down, they would have to venture out for water. After so long of watching him, she looked down, and reached behind her head, and counted the arrows that she had. She had only 6 here. She had more at her house. She wondered how safe it would be to get there.

She felt in her bag, and felt the amount of ammo boxes. She had 4 of those. Each holding 50. So she had less then 100. She knew that one of the boxes was empty. Sayomi again had the same gun. Her and the man had grown up. Their fathers were both in the military together. When they each turned 18, they were given their fathers first side arm that they had carried, until the government gave them new ones. She was shaken out of her thought as the bowl slammed on the table and she was told to eat. Sayomi wasn't really used to people telling her what to do.

"It's your supplies.You eat it. I have a few things. Eventually though, I will have to venture out. I do not know the extent of anything beyond this building... But there is everything that is needed to survive."

[(I was also thinking about the meals to go that the military uses... Those things if you eat them then don't do anything make you fat fast! I know of a few different brands. But not that they came in cans)]

Lucifer stared at where he thought the girl was.

"You wanna leave alone? If you do..." he walked back into the kitchen. "Take some of these. It's freeze-dried food. Just pour hot water in it."

He was mumbling towards the end. He hated talking as much as his older brother hated doing his homework, or any kind of stuff assigned to him. He took a back pack out and stuffed it with as many packet of freeze-dried stuff he could find in his storeroom. He tossed in a box of lighters and a small pot. He had a lot of match boxes and lighter lying around in his apartment. He and his brother was a pyromaniac.

He gave the back pack to the girl.

"Oh yeah and I have a rifle and some bullets too..." he thought so. He walked into his brother's bedroom. In his closet was not one, but 3 custom made rifles and close to 50 boxes of bullets. After searching around the room he found a katana, many shotguns, a metal baseball bat and many many more bullets.

His brother was insane (under his bed was a home made time bomb and it was still working. All you have to do is set the time and... BANG). From a young age he knew his older brother was a pyro and he loves guns. But he never thought he slept with a bomb.

((The cans are big. Like, milk powder cans. Average size paint cans. Yeah... That big... Not the tiny tuna ones))

Sayomi slowly held her head higher. Her father would be disappointed in her for looking so meek. She was not raised that way. She was trained in many situations. This was never something exactly like what she was trained for, but she figured she could treat it as a biological warfare. If she could get to her house, she would feel better. She watched as the man started to put things into a back pack for her, she couldn't help but squint. She looked around the house. There was something off about this man. She wasn't about to ask.

"Are you afraid of me? Or just people in general." She asked. She knew it sounded rude, but she wanted to know. She didn't think that she was a scary person..In reality, most people didn't expect anything from her. That should could fight, and would actually stand up for herself.

She took the bag when it was handed to her, but then placed it on the ground. She just followed him to the room that he went into. "I have a gun, and the bow and arrow. Which will be smarter. I think that they are attracted to noise, and movement. If you look into their eyes... Its like they can see, just not as well. Like all the blood is distorting their vision." Carefully, she reached out and touch him lightly on the back.

"I will not take your food. And you are kind for giving it to me. I have a bike, a motorcycle to be exact, in the parking lot. I may live across town, but I know if I can get there, I will be safe." She looked him over. The man had opened his door to her, a complete random person,when he didn't even know what exactly was going on on the otherside of the door. She should return the favor. He must have some skills that would help. "You can come with me if you would like.. He helped me... And eventually, you will need to venture out too.. The more people together,the easier it is."

[(That is huge! How heavy are they?)]

((They are not that heavy... Probably lighter than milk powder cans... I'm not too sure))

Lucifer frowned slightly at her question. Was he afraid of people? Nope, he just didn't trust his tongue. It made him look stupid before.

"...Not really. I just don't like talking," he mumbled. " And you should reconsider taking me along. I'm blind, and I don't really have any special skills."

He thought about the zombies being blind too. If they really were... It might be easier for him to survive.

He pulled the bomb out from under his brother's bed. He died a couple of months ago because of an accident, Lucifer felt awful for touching his things. But it had to be done. The bomb was secured in a wooden box. It was a simple one, Lucifer remembered making one before with his brother. Attached to it was a digital clock. If he were to set the clock for 30 seconds, he might be able to run out of its range in time, as long as he didn't get grabbed by a zombie...

He completely zoned out. Sitting there feeling around the bomb and thinking up strategies and uses for it. He even thought of upgrading it. The explosion probably wouldn't be that big...

((You thought it was the tuna can size? XD))

Slowly, she ran her eyes up and down him. Him being blind explained a lot. But, that still did not change much in her thoughts.

"Why should I reconsider? You didn't reconsider opening your door to drag me in and save me. And you have to put just as much trust in me as I have to put in you. If it is the two of us, then we are the only ones to count on. In a time of need, even two strangers need to band together."

She watched as he felt the bomb. She stared at it, thinking. Then she went over to the window, and peaked out to see her bike. She could see it. The bright green was hard to miss. There was zombies about, but not that many. She thought that there would be more. But she also figured that once they made a run for it, that then they would start to show up because of the noise. She looked back at him, and smiled.

"Do you know how to make those? Or things like them? Maybe smaller...Cause I have an idea."

Status
Not open for further replies.