| Zodiac |

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahadkk_zps9039cbe6.png

Location: Home → Armstrong Academy | Time: Morning | Mood: Happy but a bit Clumsy
__________________________________________________________________________________

It was morning - obvious enough with the sun shining through the binds with birds chirping their morning songs - and the first day of school in Brookfield for the young girl, Shimako Langeveld, but there was a little bundle of blanket still lying in bed. Their soft breathing came slow indicating that they were still in dreamland. The alarm had already went off long ago but it seemed it didn't affect the ball of blanket until the blanket was thrown off the sleeping beauty and fell onto the floor,"Shi! We're gonna be late!" A boy said wearing the school's uniform. Blotting up from her bed, Shimako went into a panic and grabbed her clock to see she was gonna be late if she don't hurry up,"Kuso! Why didn't you wake me up sooner Aniki?!" Shimako exclaimed speaking some of her mother's tongue while jumping out of bed to get ready for school, rushing into the bathroom with a towel and the school's uniform,"I did but you wouldn't wake up." Casper said a bit confused what his sister said in her native language since he wasn't Japanese but shrugged it off as he walked out of the room to wait for his sister.

In reality, they weren't blood related. They were only connected through marriage between Shimako's oldest brother and Casper's sister. The reason why they were in this situation was because of Shimako who moved in with her in-law and leaving her biological family behind in Japan. Her reason to move was because she wanted to explore America - this she told to her in-law to answer their questions - , which part was true, but the other half was that she ran away from home without saying anything. The only people who knew of her location was her older brother and his wife who gave her the supplies she needed in order to come to America without anyone knowledge. Shimako had yet to repay them for their generosity to assist her on her plan despite the fact that she was putting them in the spot along with her. Her in-law family were also very understanding, Shimako being thankful that they didn't question her any further and didn't even say anything to her parents about her whereabouts.

Running down the stairs, Shimako was dressed in the Armstrong uniform with a white jacket over it - a gift from her biological brothers as a birthday gift - and her bag on her shoulder. Grabbing a pack of Gogo Squeez and her lunch, Shimako bowed to her family and waved,"B-bye umm... M-mom, Dad." Shimako said not used to calling them her parents without having honorifics and had a hard time not speaking to them without speaking in her language, but she managed to say what she needed to say as she ran out the door,"Bye sweetie, have a great time at school!" Ms. Vangeveld called out and watched the two leave in a hurry.

As they arrived to the school gates, the two were already out of breath but were lucky enough to not miss too much. Casper was the first to recover,"I'll see you later sis, if you need any help just find me in my classes." Casper said and left his sister behind as he went to his own assigned classes as the two were in different grade levels, Casper already a senior while Shimako was a year behind,"Hai Ani- I mean um... yeah, bye." Shimako said awkwardly and sighed as she watched her brother leave,"Baka." Shimako mentally scolded herself as she was took to a group and placed with many new faces, some foreign and some a bit... shady.

Introductions were being made and Shimako may have missed a few announcements but at least she was on time to hear the group names going around. Taking some mental notes on the names and small info that everyone was giving, Shimako glanced to the girl with purple hair who caught her attention using some Japanese,"Sugoii, Satori-san was it?" Shimako thought trying to remember the girl's name but with all the names going around, Shimako started to have trouble remembering them all. Then it came to her turn, Shimako looking around to see that no one else was going to introduce,"Uhh..." Clearing her throat, Shimako tried to refrain herself from speaking in her native tongue,"H-hello... Wata- I mean my name is Vangeveld Shimako uh... Do- no I mean." Shimako stuttered having trouble to say what she wanted to say. Sighing, Shimako bowed to her group and gave a sheepish smile,"Gome- Sorry! I'm from Japan s-so I'm having different to speak." Shimako said using 'different' instead of 'difficulty' in her sentence. Trying to plan out her sentence Shimako tried her best to communicate with her pupils,"My name is Vangeveld Shimako. I'm s-seventeen years old and I'm a second year... wait is that right..." Shimako said, mumbling the last part as she was now confused between her grade level since in American it was way different from Japan's,"Aiya! Why is American so hard?!" Shimako thought having a hard time just trying to introduce herself. What a great way to start her first day of school in America.

Bag:
► School books
► Writing utensils
► Binder full of paper and empty folders
► English to Japanese Translator book
► Headphones
► Wallet |$20, IDs/ Cards and some pictures of her brothers|

Pocket:
► Phone |Silent On|
► Map of the School

Lunchbox:
Fried Tofu
Tamagoyaki
Kawaii octopus sausage

[spoili]I'm sorry if I messed anything up or such. If I missed a few things please PM me of it and I'll fix it ;w; I'm sorry if I also may have offended someone with my poor Japanese, I'm still a beginner so forgive me ;A;)/ I'll now go off to cry at my poor posting skills. Also there are links going around in my post if you like to see what my NPCs look like.[/spoili]

Last edited:
Keon listened to each introduction so far at one point stopping and zoning out for a while as it was boring now, he stood there shifting feet as another guy said he was from Cali which made him smile for a moment, he remembered that he hadn't said where he was from or his year, Keon looked like a fourth year or maybe a thrid but he was only a second at the moment, he looked around at the group, one from another country which made him tilt his head, so far the only other people that were second years were two other girls and they had announced that unlike him, he had also heard another girl say she was a second year, but he doubted that was right due to the fact she said she was seventeen.

After listening and kind of not listening Keon looked to his side maybe he should make a conversation of some sort, he was standing near a girl that had yawned she looked just as bored as him, so he gave a smile moving slightly back so he wasn't in the front for the moment and a little closer, he was pretty sure she had saod her name was Idelle and she had said something about being a fourth year, "Looks like I am not the only one getting bored already hu?" He asked as he looked at her, he was still really bored because it seemed most people didn't enjoy introducing themselves, then again he had always been pretty open.

All Keon really wanted to do at the moment was get to his dorm set it up, fall asleep and then get to working out, sure there was school and all of that, but he had only been in the town for maybe a few hours since his flight had landed last night, more exploring had to be done and he still had to grab his bags from the hotel he had slet in last night which was bothering him because he had left his wallet in them.

• Backpack: Binder with folders, pencils, pens, notebooks and a water bottle.
  • Casual Clothes
  • Towel
  • A spare water bottle
  • Smart Phone
  • Headphones

Reactions: AiDee
Jackson was surprised that Satori had wanted to speak to him after his rather pathetic display, but he found himself strangely thankful that she did. "I guess so, huh. I'm Jackson Ducarthy, and it's a pleasure to meet you Satori." He said, his tone polite but tense, before hesitantly takig the offered . Be fore he could say anything else, another girl came into the conversation. She seemed to be struggling a bit with the English language, as she kept slipping into Japanese. 'Kinda rude, but I guess I can't blame her for wanting to speak to someone else who spoke her language.' Jackson thought as he unwrapped the candy and placed it in his mouth. The moment he did, however, he froze up his eyes growing wide. Of all the flavors the girl had to give him, it had to be apple. He tried his best to hold back the memories, but it was like trying to hold back a flood with a piece of paper.

He saw his best friend, Samantha, with her favorite flavor of lolipop, Apple, in her mouth as she looked at him worriedly. She had been the only one to stay silent as the others had egged him on that night. And she had been the only one alive when the darkness had lifted, though not for long. Her body was a mangled mess, her blood coating a great deal of the area around her, but she was still alive, staring at him, her eyes begging him to do something anything to end the pain. And then, the life faded from her eyes and she died, her eyes glazing over as death claimed another soul in his dark harvest.

He was hit with the worst anxiety attack he had ever experienced, his lungs seeming to cease functioning as he began silently gasping for air. The lolipop fell out of his mouth as he reached for the medicine bottle in his jacket pocket, only to drop it as he pulled it out with his shaking hands. He kneeled down to pick it up, only to fall to the ground as his legs gave out. He had lost sight the bottle, and he couldn't find the strength to get up any more. And to make matters worse, the voices returned, louder than they had ever been before, screaming and wailing dark promises of pain and death in his ears. He barely managed to whisper, "My. . (gasp) . .pills", as he struggled to get enough air into his lungs.

Jackson currently has in his possession:
  • A backpack filled with all the necessary school supplies
  • A book on how to defend one's self against the supernatural and otherwordly(Purchased it from Ebay)
  • A silver cross, supposedly blessed by the church and able to ward off evil spirits(Came with the Book)
  • His wallet, which currently holds $40, his student I.D., and a Credit card with a balance of $150
  • A Swiss-Army Knife
  • A brochure for Armstrong
  • His Casual Clothes
  • Bottle of Water

Puck was caught up in a whirlwind of emotions. First and foremost they were still a bit drowsy but that wasn't anything unusual. What was unusual, for Puck at least, was practically everything. They were very much so out of their comfort zone and native environment. Which on one hand was very exiting! After all, aside from elementary schools' classes visiting the wildlife center crowds were completely foreign to them. They didn't think that they had ever been in a place with this many people before. But as exiting as that was it was also nerve-wracking, especially once everyone broke off into smaller groups and Puck realized that they were one of the youngest there. Also arguably under-dressed. They haven't gotten their uniform yet and while normally they didn't care for how they dressed (nice clothes aren't exactly the best things to wear around animals) they couldn't help but feel a bit self-conscious about their baggy and plain clothes.

One by one the others being to introduce themselves, and attempt to make light conversation. If they were going to actually make human friends now was going to be the time.
"Hello everyone. I'm Puck Ashworth and this will be my first year of high school." That was easy enough to start, they figured. "Oh, and I'm from New York, not the city, and I'm good with animals and archery." There. That should suffice.

Backpack filled with school supplies - Kind of heavy
A wallet containing $30 and a picture of a Puck holding an owl
A smartphone
A pack of gum

Serena_With_White_Hair_2.png

Serena Sinclair

.::Her Apartment::..
.::Getting Ready For The Day::.

Serena, as always, had spent her night writing in her journals and rereading her favorite books. Seeing as she no longer had any need to sleep, she had to occupy her time somehow. Once she was finished with literature, she dedicated the rest of her time to playing her piano. It was just a quaint Casio keyboard; nothing too special. However, she adored it, and she played it until the morning light began seeping through her sheer curtains. She was in the middle of a song when the gentle beams caught her icy blue eyes, and she halted her playing as soon as she saw it. That time already? She thought to herself. She let out a small sigh as she made her way over to her closet, deciding to pick out some clothes to wear. Being that it was the warm month of August, she knew there wasn't any need for heavy duty wear. She simply picked out one of her favorite white button-up blouses, that of which featured elegant cuffs and an adorable red bow around the collar. Afterwards, she picked out a small cardigan to go over that, for she grew cold easily with how petite and frail she was. It was warm enough outside, but it may be chilly in the classrooms she was due to visit later that day. Playing it safe, she slipped her slender arms through the reddish brown sleeves, buttoning it up as it should be once she put it on. She brought out the cuffs from her white shirt underneath, allowing them to layer over the ends of the sleeves she just equipped. After that, she slipped into a plain black pleated skirt and put on some thigh-high black socks to match.

Putting in some white hair pins in an 'x' shape right beside her fringe, Serena figured that was enough accessorizing for her. She allowed her silken white locks to fall over her, and they draped all the way down to her mid thigh. I wonder if I should get a haircut.. She debated internally, but shook off the idea quickly. She took a look in the mirror, and, satisfied with how she looked, she proceeded to gathering all the materials she felt she'd need for the day ahead. Her trusty notebook, extra spirals for taking any needed notes, some books, her wallet, and her cellphone. That settles it, then. She thought with an expression as flat and unexcited as ever. Serena hardly ever smiled these days, unless she was around people who brought one out of her. Damian was one of those people who could easily enough, though he always seemed to understand how Serena was. They had become quite close over the past two years, as did she and Adonna. Countless amounts of stories that woman has told her; her roommates, her job at Fishbones, and many other things. Though, the two of them mainly discussed subjects regarding the supernatural over half the time. Serena helped Adonna with controlling her mind and getting more in tune to the energies around her. Seeing as they had similar passives in that criteria, they both were able to help one another out quite a bit over the years.

Too bad Serena hasn't seen Mei Ling in about three months.

I wonder what she's up to.. Serena thought, gently running her finger vertically downwards in the center of her chest. Ever since she was blessed with this scar in the center of her chest, Mei Ling has been reluctant to speak to her. She could understand; it was a form of guilt. But, due to the bond they shared, Mei Ling wasn't able to destroy their contract. Sooner or later, she'd see her again. Serena was sure of it. In fact, she was almost positive that Mei Ling was still watching over her from afar. Every now and then, Feng, Huo, Shui, and Kun would pop in for a random visit, and Serena was well aware that Mei Ling could see through their eyes. All in all, it was that emotionless zodiac's way of checking in on her. I miss you, Mei Ling.. Serena thought to herself, feeling a subtle ache growing in her chest as she thought about her beloved companion. They had been together since Serena was but a child, so not having her around every day like before was incredibly new and lonely. However, seeing as Serena could understand, she chose not to dwell over it. Seeing as she was ready, she made her way over to her front door, where her favorite set of reddish brown boots awaited her. She slipped right into them, laced them up, and made her way out of her small apartment. Shutting and locking the door behind her, she made her way over to Ravenwood, where her college life soon awaited her.

.::Ravenwood::.
.::Seeing Familiar Faces::.

Soon after reaching the Ravenwood campus, Serena's icy blue eyes fell unto a familiar figure. "Damian!" She called out to him, waving his way. A small smile of greeting came over her pale pink lips, though it only graced everyone around with its presence for but a few seconds. Once she reached Damian, she noticed that someone else was beside him. Her heart sank a little, for she remembered him quite well. Sam... She thought to herself, only being able to recall one incident where they interacted with one another for more than a few seconds.

The doll from hell.

"Hello, Sam." Serena spoke, her tone nonchalant as she turned her pale azure stare up towards him. He was much taller than she was; over a foot, in fact. Serena hadn't grown a single bit. In fact, the only thing that seemed to change about her was the color of her hair, skin, and eyes, for all of which have grown much paler in hue. Her face was still youthful; in fact, she didn't appear to be a day over sixteen. She was in fact eighteen now, though, despite her young appearance.

"How are you two?"
Serena currently has the following.
  • Cell Phone x 1
  • Wallet ($40.75) x 1
  • Pencils x 4
  • Pens x 4
  • Chewy Caramel Candies x 5
  • Juicy Fruit Gum x 10
  • Jolly Ranchers x 8
  • Bottle of Medication x 1
  • Spiral Notebooks x 2
  • Personal Journal x 1
  • Textbooks x 2
  • Favorite Novel x 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron couldn't help but chuckle lightly at Vangeveld's speech as she tried to introduce herself. It was very cute the way she kept stuttering and seemed to retreat with a mumble at the end of her introduction. The corners of his mouth twisted upwards slightly in the smallest of smiles. He was a little surprised to hear she had come all the way from Japan to attend the school. Apparently it was even more prestigious than he had thought if it could attract people from overseas. Perhaps his attendence at Armstrong could be the first good thing that had happened to him after his father's rather sudden and ground breaking decision to move to Brookfield.

It was then from the corner of his eye he caught sight of an object falling to the ground. Shifting his gaze from the other students to the sight he saw a bottle of pills which had begun rolling in his direction. Tracing its path backwards he wasn't able to see anyone who appeared to be chasing after it. Regardless he nudged aside the people behind him with a polite, "Excuse me." and knelt down to pick it up. It was then, through the legs of the other students, that he noticed the shape of the collapsed boy at the rear of the group. Putting two and two together Aaron pushed the rest of the students aside, with further placating, "Excuse me."'s, as he made his way towards him.

When he arrived he crouched down beside the young man and quickly unscrewed the bottle cap. Pouring out two of the pills on a guess he held them in front of Jackson's mouth, hoping the he had enough strength to take them on his own. With his other hand he grabbed the bottle of water that was situated inside one of Jackson's backpack's outer pockets and also brought it close to his mouth. "Here." Aaron said gently, gesturing the pills towards the other boy's mouth, "Are these what you need?"

Backpack with school supplies
Smartphone
Wallet with some money and cards
Fancy Watch
Someone else's pills and water

• Love
Reactions: AiDee and PandaChu
"A pleasure to meet you as well." She returned, waiting until he took the candy to look over at the girl who had spoken in Japanese. It was obvious she was a bit new at speaking in English but who was she to judge? She had learned the two languages practically simultaneously so she hadn't had to deal with any of the complications of learning a second language so far into ones' life. She frowned slightly and cast a glance back at Jackson who was unwrapping the loli. Now that she was thinking of the possible differences between the two languages it still seemed strange to her that he had referred to her by her last name. It was a polite act in Japanese, a way of showing both a specific degree of respect and the relationship between two people such as strangers versus siblings, but in the United States she had very little experience with a person calling her by her last name. Perhaps it was similar to in Japanese- a show of respect? Or perhaps it was a way of distancing himself from her? Either way, she was not going to allow this to be the last conversation they had.

That decided, she turned her full attention to the dark haired girl. "Hajimemashite," She greeted easily. She hadn't quite heard the girls' name since she had been distracted but she figured it wouldn't matter much if she asked her to give it again in Japanese. "Satori Hideko desu. Dozou yoroshiku. O namae wa nan desu ka?" She asked. Her eyebrows creased a bit as her gaze roved over the brunettes features. The girl looked a little off balance. Probably the stress of a new school and using a language she wasn't used to, she could only assume.

The sound of a commotion caught her attention and Hideko turned in time to find Jackson sprawled out on the floor and another student hovering over him.​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

• Black satchel backpack with orange stitching around pockets.
    • Black lace up, mid shin height, combat boots. Low heel with grip bottoms.
    • Black long sleeved shirt with a crisscross cut out at the back across shoulders
    • White shorts
    • Orange Star stud earrings with black outlines.

• Candy- (24 lollipops of various flavors, 5 candy bars, 1 box of pocky, 1 bag of Kabaya strawberry chocolate)
    • Wallet- $60 (2-$5,3-$10, 1-$20), California I.D., 2 debit cards,
    • (2) Books- History of Brookfield Alabama, Mythography
    • Chapstick
    • Smart Phone

• Love
Jackson was barely coherent enough to notice the pills and water being offered to him, With a burst of strength, he quickly took the pills and swallowed them, followed quickly by a some water from the bottle, coughing a little as a bit of water went down the wrong way. Slowly, but surely, however, the panic that had paralyzed him faded away and he was able to breath normally again. He slowly got up, taking in his surrounding and noticing the new person who had appeared. It was a guy, Aaron was his name he believed, and he seemed to be the one who had found his pills. "T-t-thank you," he stuttered out, feeling nervous and embarrassed at his little episode. "I'm sorry for bothering you like that. I'm fine now so you don't have to worry about me." He said, pulling his hood down again with one hand while reaching out with other, "If you don't mind, may I please have my medication back. I kinda need them when I have those . . . 'episodes', so I can calm myself down."

The hand that was pulling down his hood still held his silver cross, which was now in full view of everyone. Noticing this, he quickly shoved the cross in to his pocket, hoping no one would ask him about it. Hopefully they would just think he was religious or something(which he surprisingly wasn't,). He also hoped they wouldn't ask about what had cause the attack either, as he felt like if he told them, it would make Satori feel guilty for something she couldn't have possibly know about. Plus he'd have to tell them about what happened to his friend, a question that would likely cause him to have another episode. Today was some kind of record, as he had never had two attacks in a row like that before. What a fantastic omen to start off his first day of school.

Jackson currently has in his possession:
  • A backpack filled with all the necessary school supplies
  • A book on how to defend one's self against the supernatural and otherwordly(Purchased it from Ebay)
  • A silver cross, supposedly blessed by the church and able to ward off evil spirits(Came with the Book)
  • His wallet, which currently holds $40, his student I.D., and a Credit card with a balance of $150
  • A Swiss-Army Knife
  • A brochure for Armstrong
  • His Casual Clothes

• Love
a16bk2.jpg

| Early Morning |
| < - |

| August 10th, 2015 |

| Armstrong High |
| In front of the school |

The fourth-year's bright attitude was, for the most part, mirrored by the group he had personally assigned himself to. It was a mixed bag between personalities, as the student could tell. Most of the males came off as dark, quiet, or even irritated. The opposite sex responded with enthusiastic behaviors and good wishes, all of which was to be expected from highly aspiring newcomers. With a grin, the fourth-year watched as the students began to converse amongst themselves with mutual interests. In the guide's eyes, they were the spark of life that Armstrong needed.

"Is Japanese the popular language nowadays? If that's the case, don't be surprised if I approach some of you asking for tutoring." Ben, as his name was, shot a wink towards the group as a whole. His light nature encouraged good will amongst the rather annoyed looking posse. "Anyway, our tour is going to be extremely short. I'm only going as far as showing you the announcement board, perhaps a few other areas if it's requested. It's still very early in the morning and I'm sure a lot of you want to simply run around and enjoy your free time in Brookfield!" With a hand gesture to follow, the fourth-year guided the handful of new blood to the main school building. Along-side their group were other large concentrations of students whom were being guided.

The cooled setting of the schools interior felt like a godsend to those that stood exposed in the sun's rays for a while. It was tricky getting through the double-doors with so much traffic using it at once, but once they were on the other side, they were immediately standing within the school's long corridor. On the wall was a large board with various different papers that came in several colors and sizes. Whether it was a school news article, award information, or guidelines and maps of the school, the entirety of the board was used.

Standing off to the side, Ben gave a simple rundown on what was being displayed on the announcement board, and how the students could refer to it in the event that they had questions. Any and everything major was portrayed there. "..And this is the list of clubs, where you can plan on what your extra activities will be. The sign ups are tomorrow, in the gym after classes are over. Expect the area to be extremely crowded since all the big sports teams will be recruiting as well. The basketball team will be sharing space with all the different stalls these clubs will set up. Any questions or requests?"

[Early Morning]
[Armstrong High]
Wow, for once in his high school life, Darius actually wasn’t sleepy when he reached the ironwrought gates of Armstrong High. It was a marvelous bit of work, and he had spent a good few minutes examining the black-iron vines and the silver leaves that blossomed from them. Definitely a rich kid’s school with a long history. Even from far away, he could see the immaculately manicured fields of the high school, along with beige buildings with tall windows. A fountain rested in the middle of the brick pathway, adding to the atmosphere of opulent wealth that Armstrong High loved to flaunt. The brunette felt that it was rather excessive, but at least they didn’t have bronze statues of past principals. Or maybe they did, and he simply had yet to see those.

“Maybe they’re inside,” Darius mused, before walking past the gates with a slow stream of other students. Yes, walked. Not ran until his lungs were bursting, because unlike his previous school, he didn’t have to wake up at ungodly hours in order to catch a two hour commute and avoid missing twenty minutes of his first class. His habit of waking up early still remained, but it was nice to wake up in the morning and eat breakfast slowly.

And it was even better to enjoy the weather. A crisp August sky greeted him from overhead, warm rays of sun caressing his skin. On the open grounds of Armstrong High, he could really smell a difference in air quality, a sweet sharpness that contrasted heavily with the city air that he had grown accustom to. To think that he had ignored such a gem of a school until now. Darius really wasn’t sure what sort of stupidity his sixteen year old self was infected with, but now that he was here…

He bit his tongue before he shouted out something loud and embarrassing, opting to clench his fist instead. There was a bubbly, giddy excitement gathering within him, and it made him want to run even when he didn’t need to. Maybe it was simply because Armstrong High was so different compared to Newton Secondary, but damn…it was lovely. The young man hitched his backpack up once more, suppressed the lively, jumpy happiness popping within him, and joined the small crowds, ready to listen to the principal’s address.

Wait, no, make that Headmaster.

And actually, make that the best Headmaster ever!

He was silently laughing as the speech finished in mere minutes, all his positive emotions pouring wordlessly outwards. This was great. Absolutely, positively, bloody awesome. With a name like Ivan Boone, the aspiring metal worker would have thought that they’d be baking for thirty odd minutes under the summer sun, listening to the rich, boring history of the school, but to be relieved in less than four minutes!

Ivan, you da man! He silently shouted in his mind, because it would be beyond embarrassing if he said that out loud.

As people broke down into tightly-packed groups of fresh faces, though, the young man began to notice that the crowd he had been standing in was splitting apart equally, leaving him at the lonely center, a one-man island in an archipelago of touring groups. A little awkward, wasn’t it? And it looked like most of them were well-sized as well, already giving off the impression that they were ‘full’.

It’d be bad if he joined a crowd and was unable to remember all the new faces, but it’d also be bad if he didn’t join any group at all, huh…So which group…

He narrowed his eyes as he spun around slowly, searching for a promising group that didn’t look too saturated with students. Then, a glint of silver caught his eyes, and, like a magpie, Darius’s head instantly snapped into that direction. Though it was a mere glimpse, it had caught his attention, and with that attention, he discovered the fault of his group-searching tactics.

The teenager shouldn’t have been searching for the group with the least people. He should have been searching for the group with the largest amount of cute girls.

“Yo ho,” he called out, before instantly getting squashed as every group swarmed into the air-conditioned interior of the school. Swept along with the tides, he was only able to move freely after the chaos had settled, before finally stepping towards the borders of the group.

”Yo ho,” he repeated, his tone drunk with excitement, “Mind if I hop into this tour group? I’m Darius Jacks, though you can call me Darry, DJ, or whatever else. And I’m second year, with dreams of being a master metal worker! Nice to meet you all!”

Especially all you fine ladies here, the shamelessly flirtatious Darius thought sauvely, before the more sensible, non-idiotic Darius chucked him back into the mental gutter.

“Hope I didn’t miss anything important. Though I'm not saying that self-introductions aren’t important, yeah?”

- twenty dollars in his pocket
- house keys
- expired bus fares
- random strings
- backpack with notebooks, pencils, and other school supplies
- IPhone, fully charged
- lunchbox holding a BLT.

Last edited:
Early Morning
Armstrong High

It was to blissful silence that Kota woke for most days and today was no different. Shrill, piercing alarms had never quite replaced a decent sleep cycle and it was a small miracle that, for one reason or another, birds didn’t descend to chirp him awake as the sun just rose over the horizon. Eyes open as they were though, it seemed that his mind needed a few moments to fully wake and catch up. The temptation to close his eyes and fall back asleep had been there for a moment before he recognized today as his first day at the local high school. A break in his routine for almost the last year, and hopefully he’d enjoy it. In all likelihood though, it’d just be something he wanted out of the way and done with though. With that happy and enthusiastic thought, he rolled off the bed to get himself ready.

A quick glance at his watch as he stepped out of the small apartment he called home and Kota frowned just slightly. Rather than waste any time mulling at what he saw he slung on his backpack and started into a light jog, taking the steps down three at a time. A quick greeting was spared for the employee manning the complex’s front counter; Alex this time around, but he didn’t stick around long enough to catch a reply if there was any. Slipping through the automatic doors that had barely just opened, he picked up the pace immediately after he was outside.

Slowing to a walk as the Academy came into view, his sigh was one of mixed emotions. Judging by the number of people still lingering in the clearing before the school building, it seemed the Headmaster’s address had been finished for quite some time now. A time check showed that he wasn’t too late, so the speech must have been a brief one for the students to already have dispersed. As it seemed to be mostly staff still present, avoiding the clearing seemed to be for the best. Smoothing out his clothing and taking a deep breath, he decided to make his way over to the notice board he’d noticed when he’d came over to register. There was still some time allotted before classes actually began, and he didn’t quite feel like trying to find one of the groups touring the school grounds. With head held high and a casual pace, no one really bothered him aside from a few glances here and there.

• School Supplies (Notebooks, Pen/Pencils, etc.)
    • Tablet
    • Umbrella
    • Water Bottle
    • Lunch (Stir fry noodles)
    [tab=On Person]

Last edited:
|Early Early Morning - At Home|

Wake-up Music.
The day began far too early for Val. It wasn't like any sort of morning routine was out of the question, more the fact that any routine was too much for her at this time of the day. In zombie-like grace, she quietly slumped towards her closet and snatched the chosen attire from their individual hangers. Throwing them onto her less-than girly bed, Valerie Hartzog took towards the bathroom of her household, wiping sleepies from her eyes along the way.

The girl's snow-white hair surprising kept it's neatness overnight, giving her some peace as she stares at herself distastefully through the bathroom's mirror. The faucet began to spew water, and Valerie quickly beginning to wake up within her empty household ran her toothbrush beneath the cold stream spewing from the metal. Applying toothpaste, she mindlessly began to scrub as she left the bathroom and took towards her room once again.

Her typical sleep attire consisted of a t-shirt and gym shorts, one of which would come off at some point through the night. Today it was her shorts, and the garments beneath them somehow were shed in the process as well. Val realized upon further inspection of the clothes laid out upon her bed, that she didn't grab any underwear.

"Dammit..." She quietly muttered.

In a flash, she ran from her bedroom down a small hallway and into the living room. Scanning this area for any clean undergarments unsuccessfully, she then ever more so quickly made her way towards the kitchen and opening the door to the garage. It was here that the washing machine and dryer sat, blissfully rumbling as they worked hard. The dryer's timer seemed to only have two minutes left, so Val smiled opening the door at it's face and pulling out a nearly dry pair of underwear.

Now, she was all set...

But she hadn't spit out a mouthful of toothpaste yet...

Dexterously she dropped the pair on the ground, stepping carefully into each hole before using her free hand to pull them up. Then, just as soon as she bolted previously, she returned to the bathroom to spit the minty-fresh concoction from her mouth. Returning to her bedroom she quickly took off the Evangelion shirt she'd slept in, changing into a more appropriate school attire. This was taking too long. In a rush Val pulled up her knee socks and ran back out to the living room, stopping at the front door she placed her feet into her favorite boots- lacing them quickly in a systematic motion. Everything seemed to be lining up well towards the end, but the moment she opened the door another sidetrack would appear.

A lone, innocent, mailman, no older than twenty stood pink-faced at Valerie Hartzog's door.

"I.. saw your butt." He stated shyly, pulling his blue baseball cap over his eyes to avoid her own.

This statement was not responded to with words, but instead with a quick and forceful blow square to the man's right jaw. She didn't have time to sit back and watch his expression, so she quickly pulled the keys from a small satchel at her side and locked her door. She'd need to make it to school somewhat-on-time.

|Early Morning - Armstrong High|

Unfitting School Music.
She had luckily made it on time, reaching the mass of students just as they began to enter the school grounds. Her eyes made a special note to not make direct contact with any of those around her. The current of these students would dictate otherwise however, as one of two would accidentally bump into her as they made their way towards the location of this 'event'.

Val stood silently as the principal made his short and sweet speech. Yawning out loud calmed her down a lot, but even as the principal concluded and sicked his underlings onto the students, she remained undeterred. Blankly she watched the superior powers as they spoke their scripts to those around her. At this point of the movement her eyes had broken their oath, they stared momentarily at each of the students for a set period of time before finally shutting them. They were now being directed to the Notice Board, which was explained to be where you'd find club information and stuff of that type in general. It wasn't that it disinterested her, it was just unlikely that she'd end up joining a club this time around.

Though something did catch Val's attention. Someone had been late, a rough looking gentleman that seemed to be a student as well. More than anything, the moment he closed his distance a strange vibe was put off by him. It struck Val's curiosity to the point where she did something she rarely does, approached a stranger, on first impression alone. The way she did so would probably come off strange. Her hands quietly fixed themselves behind her back, and stealthily she weaved her way in between the bodies of fellow students until she could carefully place herself just a few measures behind him.

"Not one for punctuality?" She grinned widely, quietly reaching her left hand up to place it on the tall figure's shoulder.

Cellphone
Spare Change [An Assortment of Nickels/Dimes/Pennies]
Various Bandaids [For Wounds on or inflicted by Val]
Butterfly Knife [In a compartment within her right boot]
A tan leather satchel; within it lies a few pens/pencils, and a folded notebook.

Last edited:
hahahahadkk_zps9039cbe6.png
Lulu_zps2aa0e6e0.png

Armstrong Schoolgrounds → Main Building | Morning | At first, Nervous but Delighted/ At Ease
__________________________________________________________________________________

Shimako felt a bit tensed when everyone started to have little conversations here and there as if they were bored by her introduction. America was surely different from Japan since when doing introductions, it was usually done in classrooms in front of a whole class who would all be silent as the person introduce themselves and once they were finish, the person would go take their seat and class would begin without no disturbance unless you wanted to face the consequences. Shimako felt a bit disrespected by the group and glanced down at her shoes as she started to feel a bit homesickness. Another person came in to introduce themselves, a tall freshmen much taller than the rest of them.

Giving a smile to the newcomer, she then heard someone laughing softly, shifting her eyes around to see a boy with piercing-blue eyes. Maybe he laughed because of how silly she must have looked trying to speak English and it could be a possible chance that he would become one of those bullies like back at home who would tease her but she couldn't be too sure of that. You can't judge a book by its cover and the guy didn't seem bad enough to be like that since after his little laugh came a small smile - very small, but was visible to see - that made Shimako's cheeks flush a tinted pink hue as she glanced away from his direction. Clenching at the end of her jacket, Shimako was about to break off from the group until someone spoke up.

Turning to the voice, Shimako noticed it was the girl from before. Straightening herself up, Shimako was delighted to be able to speak in Japanese and bowed towards the girl to show some respect for their first meeting,"Hajimemashite, watashi namae wa Vangeveld Shimako desu. Douzo yoroshiku Satori-san." Shimako said with ease without stuttering on her words like earlier. Being with Hideko made Shimako a bit at home and forget about her homesickness since her Japanese was quite explicit. Enough for Shimako to hear, the part that she had accidentally added her 'oo' after 'zoh' instead of before. Since Shimako had been in Japan all her childhood, she had enhanced her hearing to be able to distinguish the different vowels and their sounds apart.

Taking another bow, Shimako was about to continue on until the boy who Hideko gave the lollipop collapsed and seemed to have trouble breathing as a bottle of pills rolled onto the floor. Shimako was surprised and was about to bend down until another guy came into the scene and aid the boy, giving him his medication that he needed. When the guy recovered, he thanked his savior as Shimako caught sight of what looked to be a cross in his hand as he withdraw the cross back into his pocket. Shimako found it a bit odd especially when he collapsed after taking a lick of the lollipop. She was curious of what caused his attack but she didn't want to come off as rude and decided to let it be as their mentor, Ben, spoke.

Shimako couldn't help but giggle softly when Ben winked at the group. His personality was something Shimako liked of her upperclassman and she could see that he was trustworthy enough to come to when she was in trouble, keeping this in her mental notes. Watching as Ben lead the way to the main building, Shimako followed after but had some trouble as they reached the double doors that were pretty small to fit all the groups. Squishing her way in, Shimako managed to make it into the building but had also manage to lose her group. Looking around the many other groups, Shimako started to panic until she saw a familiar face of the boy with icy-blue eyes.

Squeezing her way through, she made it back to her group safely and was on time to listen to Ben's speech. After his speech, Shimako was scanning the board when a shout came from behind, turning to see who was shouting, she saw a boy with messy brown hair called out to them. Reaching to the group, he introduced himself with a friendly smile and to Shimako... she thought she saw dog ears and a tail wagging on him,"He acts kind of like Luseia... Hyper and loud." Shimako thought remembering the puffball that her in-law family owned. The dog was small and a mix between a Pomeranian and a Chihuahua. It was loud and was very attach with Shimako when she first came into the family, it seemed to never leave her side which bothered Shimako a bit since she wasn't very familiar with animals too well, but she didn't mind, the pup was too adorable to resist.

It seemed that his shouting caught a lot of attention as many people around them stared at him. Reciting her sentence over in her head, Shimako was the first to greet the new second year,"Hello, my name is Vangeveld Shimako... I mean just call me Shi. Nice to meet you." Shimako said making a bit of a mistake there as she held a hand out for a shake since in American movies, she would always see people shaking hands when they greet or maybe that was just in movies.

Bag:
► School books
► Writing utensils
► Binder full of paper and empty folders
► English to Japanese Translator book
► Headphones
► Wallet |$20, IDs/ Cards and some pictures of her brothers|

Pocket:
► Phone |Silent On|
► Map of the School

Lunchbox:
Fried Tofu
Tamagoyaki
Kawaii octopus sausage

[spoili]Look at the puppy!~ <3[/spoili]

Last edited:
cellie_zps42608e34.png

LOCATION: Armstrong High || STATUS: Following the group and listening to the tour guide || WITH: Group

To: Hikari F.
cancel | send
To say that Aracellie was feeling a little under the weather would be a severe understatement. Since moving to Brookfield and avoiding trouble (or anyone with the potential to bring trouble into her life) as much as possible, she had been anxiously waiting to get this day over with. Locked in the safe confines of her one bedroom apartment and shielded away from the terrors of the outside world, for a short period of time, Aracellie felt protected. She wanted nothing more than to stay in bed all curled up under her warm, comfortable bed sheets and rest her mind overwhelmed with paranoid thoughts until her body ached for physical activity. As much as she favored social gatherings over isolation and engaging in conversation with new people, she could hardly last a second talking about her personal life without stumbling on her own words and losing her composure. Oh, god. There was no way she would allow herself to break down in front of the entire student body on her first day like a complete train wreck.

The last thing she needed was to have concerned strangers surrounding her in a tight circle as she struggled to steady her uneven breathes, all wondering what in the world triggered her lapse.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. She shouldn't let the fear of something bad happening ruin her chances of having an eventful fresh start at a new school; otherwise, she would never be able to move on from the terrors of the past. A mysterious past she could no longer recall.

These thoughts lingered briefly in her mind as she found herself being swept along with a small group of students after the headmaster's welcome speech, words of encouragement she hoped would ease her nerves and give her a sense of comfort. However, the moment her group was approached by a fourth-year male, whose contagious enthusiasm would've no doubt brought out her chirpy side if it weren't for her current mood, she felt her insides churn uncomfortably when he mentioned something about making introductions. Though it wasn't required to go up and introduce herself, she swore she saw this coming. ". . . " She held her breath, warm red eyes revealing the slight feeling of uncertainty and sudden nervousness. Several students had the courage to speak aloud and introduce themselves, passing on the spotlight as more jumped in, probably wanting to get things over with. By the time they had gotten to a good amount of self-introductions and some already moving on to talk between themselves, Aracellie figured it was probably best to keep to herself and hope nobody noticed her purposely skipping her own introduction. Not that it would matter, anyway. It wasn't as if she'd encounter most of these people on a regular basis, some looked about a year or two below her and the chances of interacting with anyone outside her grade probably wasn't that high.

After some time spent bustling through numerous other herd of students being guided just as they were, and successfully reaching the school's corridor without bumping onto anyone as of yet, Aracellie stopped on her tracks and stood just a few heads away from the announcement board. She eyed the different colorful papers plastered on the wall and listened carefully to their tour guide, Ben, as he went over club information and extra curricular activities that they might be interested in. 'Sounds fun, I should check it out tomorrow,' she thought to herself, being sure to explore the campus on her own once they have been dismissed from the tour. It would be in her best interest to figure out where her classrooms were and what hallways or stairs will get her there fast enough. She pulled down the worn-out headphones blaring sounds of heavy metal rock from her ears and left it to rest around her neck, whipping out her smartphone to send another text message to the first and only friend she's made so far.

To: Hikari F.
Message: Woooow. This school ginormous! ;~; I hope I don't get lost trying to find the nearest restroom.

Backpack with school supplies and her lunch box inside
Wallet
Smartphone
Headphones
Half empty pack of chewing gum
Stress ball

Last edited:
Sam nodded as Damian spoke. He got what he was saying, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Maybe things would stay quiet for once, they all could use a few months of peace. He chuckles at how they'll know something is up. Damian's Zodiac was a warden, and he was normally the first one to learn of such events...and was typically vocal abotu letting them know. "You had trouble with that stuff?" He laughs. "I loved it, better then whatever we got now." Sam had an easy time with electronics, since he'd been working with them for so long, he'd even shown Adonna how to mess with Police scanners, although now that he thought about it, he was getting a little worried that she was going to get in over her head. His dad wasn't a cop anymore, after a raid had resulted in him having trouble doing much physical work.

That's not to say his dad wasn't involved, he was more of a PI hired by the force now, with a brilliant mind he'd be one of the few adults out there who stood a chance to get to the bottom of the murders a few years ago. Sam shuddered. He didn't want his dad in on this, it'd complicate things.

Before he can talk to Damian about expressing his concerns about Adonna, Serena walks up. They'd only interacted once, and Sam had snapped at her in a fight. He realizes now how stupid he was being, but at the time he was frustrated, angry, and nobody had really filled him in on how the supernatural worked. he wasn't really sure how she thought oh him, even now. "Hey Serena, just talking about how quiet things have been...and hoping they stay that way."

Hikari_Fukui.png

Hikari Fukui

.::Her Bedroom::.
.::Sleeping In, As Always::.

There wasn't a hint of light to be seen in Hikari's pitch black room. Only a subtle glow came from the other side of her dark purple curtains, though she ignored it completely. Instead, she continued to toss and turn in her bed, groaning to herself as she did so. She was half awake, though she wanted to go back to the world of dreams. She was having such a nice one, too. I was kicking some serious ass. Why did I have to wake up in the middle of that? She thought to herself, flopping back over unto her back. She rested her forearm over her forehead, letting out a hopeless sigh as she realized she wasn't going to be able to nap anymore. Oh well.. She thought to herself, letting out a breath as she made herself sit up. A small yawn escaped her pale pink lips as she rose. Her hair was in complete disarray, appearing slightly scruffy as it draped all over her. She gave the back of her head a small ruffle, only increasing the already present messiness of her pale white locks.

Lazily, she reached over and grabbed her phone, deciding to check her text messages.

This place is not a school, it's a labyrinth.

Hikari laughed, rolling her bright amethyst eyes as she began typing out a response. Before she could, however, she received another message.

Woooow. This school ginormous! ;~; I hope I don't get lost trying to find the nearest restroom.

Hikari let out another giggle, gently running her fingers through her tousled, but silky hair. That girl is hopeless, she thought with endearment.

To: Cellie.
I'm sure you'll be fine, Cellie. <3
Sorry for the late response.. I just woke up. >.<'
Mom's gonna get mad because I haven't started my school work yet. xD

Hikari thought, typing the message manually with her fingers using her personally made device, Pandora. Even though she didn't have to, actually typing things out could be fun sometimes. Afterwards, she hit the send button, tapping the screen with her ivory index finger. Knowing that girl, so long as she doesn't lie about everything through her teeth, she'll be able to make tons of friends. Hikari told herself with a small smile. She believed in her wholeheartedly. After sending the message, she lazily plopped herself down on her stomach over her mattress, deciding to browse the net with Pandora. The thing about this device was, it can perform the functions of a camera, phone, tablet/laptop, and even a PSP or other portable gaming console. I really have to thank Matrix for this. Even though I have millions of times already, I just can't get over how cool this thing is. Hikari thought to herself, giggling as she watched a replay from one of her favorite games. It was so hilarious to her. She was in a boss battle with her guild, and one of the members sacrificed themselves for another player.

All dramatic, the person saved made a scene, constantly typing out, "I WILL AVENGE YOU!!!"

Every single time Hikari watched it, she couldn't help but laugh.

Her laughter immediately came to a halt as soon as her mother walked into the room, however. "Hikari, what are you doing?" She asked, flipping on the light switch and causing Hikari to wince. "Ow, mom!" She exclaimed in protest, but her mother would have none of it. "Yeah, yeah. 'The light, it burns!' I know." She spoke, acting out some creature like a vampire cringing as she quoted the popular saying. This made Hikari pout a little, for she knew that her mother was making fun of her. Hikari liked her room to be dark most of the time, especially in the morning. She mainly only had the lights on whenever it was night time, and sometimes, even then, she'd only have one of her small lamps on. Her favorite lights were the dangling crystal-shaped bulbs she had draping from her roof, those of which gave off a gentle, colorful hue when they were turned on. So, suddenly being thrown into a world of brightness did make her cringe like a vampire going out into the sun. Her mother never seemed to miss the chance of teasing her about it, though Hikari knew it was all lighthearted fun.

"Have you started your schoolwork yet?"

".. No."

"Hikari!" Her mother exclaimed, letting out a small sigh. "Just because you managed to skip a grade ahead during the summer doesn't mean you can slack off now."

"I know, I know," Hikari rolled her eyes, giving the back of her head a ruffle again. "I just barely woke up right now. That's all. Can I at least have some breakfast before hitting the books?"

Her mother pursed her lips at Hikari, though she walked over to her and gently patted her on the head. With a small, gentle beam her way, her mother nodded.

"Omurice?"

"Omurice."

Returning her mother's warm smile, Hikari watched as she left the room to go and prepare the yummy breakfast that awaited her. In the meantime, I guess I will get started on my classes.. Hikari thought to herself, throwing her arms up in the air for a stretch as she sat up once again. She made her way over to her vanity and grabbed one of her brushes, quickly combing through all the tangles the night had graced her hair with. Once she was done, she put them up in her signature pigtails, smoothing them out once they were done. "There we go," she spoke to herself aloud, soon making her way over to her computer desk. She quickly logged in, typing in her password as always. Once she was on, a familiar face appeared on her screen. "How's it goin', Hikari?" The spirit said, seeming to be sitting on the edge of her taskbar. She gently rocked her legs back and forth against it like a child. "Hey, Matrix," Hikari laughed, rolling her eyes at the playful zodiac.

"I'm alright, just woke up. Gotta get to work on my classes."

"How boring."

"I know, right?"

They both shared a laugh, and Matrix just moved her hand up in the air, moving it to the side. It was then that Hikari's browser was pulled up, and it was already on the webpage her classes were on. With a small smile, Hikari nodded at Matrix gratefully. "Thanks," she spoke, and Matrix waved her hand in the air casually. "No problem, girlie. I'm off." She stated, and - just like that - she was gone from Hikari's computer screen.

Crap, I forgot to thank her again.. She thought to herself, shrugging as she let out another sigh.

Oh well. Time to get to work~

Early morning, Iphigenia’s Dorm Room

Iphigenia Forsyth woke at 7:10, ten minutes after snoozing the 7:00 alarm on her smartphone. She rose by sitting at the edge of her bed with a two-handed stretch-and-yawn. After fumbling around for a few seconds, she made the short walk to the bathroom to splash water on her face and freshen up. This was a new routine for the British girl, who’d only moved in to her dorm the day before. She was in New York for a week prior for a netsec seminar, and before that she was still in London, so her morning routines were far from normalized.

Nonetheless, she quickly finished her bathroom routine and slipped in front of the long mirror in her bedroom to fix her hair before sliding out of her comfortable fleece pajamas. Iphigenia had not yet fully unpacked her clothes, so she rustled through her suitcase for a fresh set of clothes. Producing a yawn as she affixed a set of simple gold cufflinks to her shirt, Iphigenia deliberated for a moment before deciding to wear a black blazer over her shirt.

Finishing this, she checked her messenger bag for the correct contents and made sure she had the right necessities before leaving her new dorm room.

---

Early Morning, Armstrong High School

Making it to her new school just in time for the headmaster’s commencement speech, Iphigenia slipped into the crowd with a couple strategic “excuse me’s” and “pardon me’s.” She never liked being in crowds—they made her feel claustrophobic and weak, but of course she dealt with it, like everything else that came her way. She prepared for a lengthy, dull speech and had her phone out in hand in preparation for this, but was pleasantly surprised to find that his speech was succinct and to the point, ending only after a mere four minutes.

The crowd quickly dispersed into smaller groups as several tour guides began directing the students. The British girl had no particular preference for any of them, so she nonchalantly joined the closest one to her, putting on her best demeanor. A first impression was everything, after all. Catching up to it with a short power walk, she gave a simple introduction of her name and year. Her accent all but gave away where she was from, so she left that out to be succinct herself. Iphigenia already knew much about the school, having done a good deal of research on it before coming. There was always more to be learned though, so she simply followed along the group listening intently until the brief tour came to an end, only speaking up when Ben, the tour guide, finished his rundown with his question.

“How is the food in the cafeteria here? I’ve heard mixed rumors, some say it is heavenly, and some say you should avoid it if you value your life. I’m sure they’re both exaggerations, but do you think you could clarify?”

Food was important business, after all.

On Person

Keys, with a usb stick on the keyring
A wallet, containing her ID, $226, a £20 bill, a bank card, an oyster card, an international credit card, and a JP Morgan credit card
An Android smartphone, rooted and running a custom secure ROM
Three White Rabbit brand cream candies
Swiss Army Knife
A razor
Earphones

Messenger Bag

Ultrabook laptop and its charger
7" Tablet and pen
A couple assorted USB cables
A thin Campus brand A4 notebook
Mechanical pencil
A retractable fountain pen
2" leatherman knife
6pc mini screw set

GM's Note: Not sure if I mentioned it or not for those at Armstrong, but the tour is basically over, and the characters in that tour group are free to explore for the rest of the day.

2eas7k0.jpg

| Early Afternoon |
| - - > |

| August 10th, 2015 |

| Ravenwood College |
| On the grounds |

The blazing sun coated the rather wealthy looking abode of Ravenwood. It's property living in harmony with it's surroundings in a perfect blend. The grounds were scattered with aspiring co-eds and students. Among them existed a man, his jet-black hair shielding his eyes from the beams of light. His body donned a casual white dress shit and tie, blanketed by a suit jacket that flapped back with the breeze that passed. Hands tucked away in the jacket's pockets, the male walked silently across the Ravenwood property, rounding a fancy looking ornament resembling a fountain. Out of sudden interest, the man halted his black dress shoes and observed the fountain with a neutral expression.
That's hardly real.

His short visual inspection of the object led him to believe the object wasn't of the norm, nor was anything in his surroundings, save for the people. Without a second thought, he was off once more, abandoning the water fountain to approach the main college building in all it's greatness. His movements blended with the students around him, which made him think. Class must be starting now. Out of pure preference, the male stopped off beside an bench bench, where he withdrew one hand from his jacket pocket with a cartoon of Newports in his hand. After tapping the box several times, he flicked open the box with his thumb and pushed up a single cigarette, where he further extracted the cancer stick with his lips. With the box pocketed once more, the tip of the stick ignited with a faint blue flame before disappearing and leaving behind a rising essence of smoke.

Another breeze blew by that altered his attention to a particular direction. A powerful aura could be felt emitting from a small group of people conversing. Two males and a female. At first sight, the boy's mouth curved under a shaded expression. A sense of familiarity welled up in him. These were his classmates during the weeks, his comrades and allies in battle, and his closest friends since the beginning.

"Why is it that wherever I go, I always seem to find you all?" He spoke within hearing proximity, his cigarette tucked to the edge of his mouth.

Left pocket
  • Cartoon of Newports (x7)
Right pocket
  • Empty

| Armstrong High |
| The Announcement Board |
As the tour group rounded up in front of the announcement board, a single British accent directed towards Ben pulled him into attention.
“How is the food in the cafeteria here? I’ve heard mixed rumors, some say it is heavenly, and some say you should avoid it if you value your life. I’m sure they’re both exaggerations, but do you think you could clarify?”
The response came from a particular English female, whose words brought Ben to chuckle in humor at some choice words.

"I'll say this: Most, if not all of us go Downtown to eat at a place called Soul Food. Have you heard of it? It's one of Brookfield's best restaurants, and a good number of their employees are students from here. Armstrong has a cafeteria, but if you want my personal advice, go to Soul Food." Ben ended off that with a sloppy smile, like he was trying to hold back an onslaught of straight laughter.

Last edited:
|Ravenwood Grounds|
|Bittersweet|

"Damian!"

A soft voice resonated in Damian's ears, a familiar call. He turned his head to the source and found his close companion Serena catching up to say hello. A sheepish grin spread across Damian's pale lips, a poor representation of the actual bliss he felt seeing Serena's face. But the sentiment was present altogether. "Hey, Serena. You feeling alright?" Damian asked with a quick shift in tone, falling from mellow to worrisome.

"You had trouble with that stuff? I loved it, better than whatever we got now."

Damian averted his attention back to Sam, following up with a brief shake of his head. "Not trouble per say... But long nights. Nights I'd rather be resting on. I've gotten lazy." Damian chortled to himself, trying to hide the subtle shame.

"Why is it that wherever I go, I always seem to find you all?"

"So it's a posse. You're all beginning to overwhelm me. Give me some space to breathe." Damian complained, rising from his grassy seat. "And the man of the hour has finally arrived. I was afraid you may have set your room on fire with those cigarettes." Damian tapped his nearly empty cup at the side of his thigh. "And I could ask the same thing. I always at least end up with more than one of you around when I'm not flocked by my group of Hosts." Damian turned to face the main Ravenwood building. "We should get to class. Our professor may already be waiting. I've got an errand to run with the Old Man after class... So I hope our class day won't be too difficult."
|Brookfield Streets|
|WARNING|

Shadowy figures lingering in the dark recesses of alleyways and corners, shifting from transparent to opaque stalked the streets for the living to reap and pillage. Their amber, misty eyes slowly blinking in the shadows surveying a good catch. Seeking ones strong and in their prime, ripe with life. Packs of the creatures sneaked about, climbing up rafters and rain gutters to navigate the concrete and brick jungle of rural Brookfield. They hissed and whiffed the air like animals tracing faint scents that lead to their inevitable kill.

[Early Afternoon]
[Armstrong High, By the Announcement Board]
It was just his luck that the tour had concluded right as he found a group to join. Armstrong High really did have a thing for brevity, didn’t they? Scratching his head sheepishly, Darius nevertheless was able to catch one piece of information: that despite pouring hundreds of thousands of dollars in the development of their buildings and fields, Armstrong High still had stereotypically bad cafeteria food. Well, it didn’t matter in the end, because he made his own lunch regardless of how divine cafeteria or restaurant food was.

After all, why buy food, when you can make it yourself? Cooking skill was irrelevant when you only made simple dishes, after all!

Deciding that there wasn’t much to do after all, Darius was about to whip his phone out to search for the school’s wi-fi, when fate plopped a girl in front of him. He lifted his eyes upwards to face the student and grinned. Voluminous black hair and sparkling blue eyes, on a round face with an Asian complexion. It reminded him of a movie character, really, though in that case, the character was a badass, axe-wielding princess with high cheekbones and a dark past, not someone who looked like she belonged in a pre-teen sit com.

Well, she’s still cute, remarked the impulsive Darius that wanted to see how elastic her cheeks were. Luckily, rational, non-shameful Darius pinned down that silly fool before the brunette would do something that he would regret, and his hands were stuffed in his pockets instead.

“Vangeveld, eh?” he said, repeating that odd first name. Made sense that Vangeveld would like to be called by her prettier-sounding last name than her Germanic-fantasy first name, though ‘She’ was also a bit weird. Shrugging at that, he reached out and took her hand, shaking.

Then, he realized that he was the only person applying pressure during the handshake, the only person who was moving his arm up and down. An odd expression was on his face, before he decided that he should probably not apply the entirety of his gripping power when the other side was doing such a half-hearted handshake.

Actually, more like no-hearted.

Frankly put, Vangeveld’s handshake was like a wet noodle. Or a dog’s paw. Or a flaccid pen- Yeah, no, Darius wasn’t going to go there.

“Nice to meet you too,” Darius replied, “And is this your first time shaking hands? Gotta work on dat grip and dat shake, Shee!”

- twenty dollars in his pocket
- house keys
- expired bus fares
- random strings
- backpack with notebooks, pencils, and other school supplies
- IPhone, fully charged
- lunchbox holding a BLT.
- Shimako's hand

Status
Not open for further replies.