• Aries (March 21 - April 19)
  • Taurus (April 20 - May 20)
  • Gemini (May 21 - June 20)
  • Cancer (June 21 - July 22)
  • Leo (July 23 - August 22)
  • Virgo (August 23 - September 22)
  • Libra (September 23 - October 22)
  • Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)
  • Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)
  • Capricorn (December 22 - January 19)
  • Aquarius (January 20 - February 18)
  • Pisces (February 19 - March 20)
My birthday is on the 17th of May so I fall under Taurus. I believe in star signs to an extent because sometimes the personality trait descriptions for my sign are really accurate! However, I don't really believe the daily horoscope readings. None of the things described usually happen at all. But I find the topic of astrology really interesting for some reason!

Which one do you fall under? Do you believe in star signs?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Taurus — forever gorgeous, forever elegant, forever tranquil.

Reactions: iMisterH
Cancer - I've been researching the Zodiacs my whole life, just as hobby and in most of my beliefs I do believe in the stars. I've read so many different cultures who believes in the star alignment, in their daily rituals for marriages and living day to day lives. It's part of who I'm as a person and always loved to hear the different stories behind the Zodiacs. There's this one site, Astrology.com ( Though It's a garbage ad site now) that use to be an awesome site, for tarot card emails. Free and so detailed I swear to you, that every time I would read it, 99% of the time it struck me right into my heart. It actually helped me over come allot of negativity in my life and to have understand of my personalty, especially whatever I was going through at that time.

I guess it's all based on what you believe! ^_^

Awesome topic btw!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: iMisterH
May 5th, Taurus, the gayest sign.

Gemini. The twins. My sign is usually associated with love, romance and sexuality. Also two extreme emotions. Sometimes they can be fun and playful and other times they can be angry and jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LunaValentine
Cancer. I can be a little crabby.
Yes, you can. +D

Gemini. The twins. My sign is usually associated with love, romance and sexuality. Also row extreme emotions. Sometimes they can be fun and playful and other times they can be angry and jealous.
That explains so much about you. And your avatar. And your avatar's "twins."

RACKS RACKS RACKS RACKS

Gemini, the twins, and yes, I do believe in them. Geminis are the most compatible with Aquarius, my best friends in the past were all Aquarius. I heard that a Gemini's personality tend to switch a lot since it happens to me a lot.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Which one do you fall under? Do you believe in star signs?
Scorpio, though I suppose it would be natural for me to be the one to point out that stars are, in fact, masses of hydrogen gas, and due to the light speed barrier, any potential information we could glean from them is liable to be hundreds of thousands to millions of years old already. IE: Individual cells in your body have more relevance to your life than nearly every star in outer space (save, of course, for the sun, that keeps the planet at a nice temperature between -60 to +50 Celsius, and is necessary for life).

That being said, feel free to believe what you will. I find zodiacs/astrology to be an amusing topic along the same vein as tarot cards, Ouija boards, or palm readings: Something for fun, but it's not really... Real. It has no more power over my life than that which I would grant it. My personality is not bound to whatever pattern of stars I was born under: I know plenty of people born in the "Scorpio" range that have all manner of personalities ranging from bubbly to cold, adventurous to secluded, extroverted to introverted, romantic to flighty, merciful to judgmental, and so on. My fate isn't bound to whatever pattern of stars I was born under: It has ups and downs, like everyone else's life, independent of whether the people trying to sell me a waste of my money "the stars" say it will or will not.

Plainly: If you put the future of your life in the stars, or believe the stars have some meaningful bearing on your personality outside of your control, then I implore you to instead realize that stars are really probably just balls of hydrogen gas. Yes, they are very pretty balls of hydrogen gas. No, hydrogen gas isn't really sentient, and doesn't result in magical powers being granted to random primates who evolved on a tiny planet orbiting a rather unremarkable star if you place them in certain orders over the births of people. The people who originally pointed out Scorpio and Pisces and so on, did so because...

#1: They had no idea what stars were. Or outer space. Or the moon. Or how unfathomable, insanely far away things really are in space. So they just rationalized that all the shiny lights in the sky must serve some sort of greater purpose, and arbitrarily assigned some based on whatever processes they used that made them think it made sense.

#2: They were kept around because as it turns out, they were extremely useful for navigating. For example: If you knew where the north star was, you immediately knew where north was, and thus could navigate accordingly at night towards your destination (or at least go roughly in the right direction).

Random Space Fact: The closest star to ours is 4.2 Light Years. Doesn't sound far, right? Well, light travels approximately 186,000 miles per second. 186,000 * 3,600 (the number of seconds per hour) is 669,600,000 miles. Now multiply that number by 24 (number of hours per Earth day), and that is 16,070,400,000 miles. Now multiply that by 365--the number of days per year until Earth makes one full revolution around the sun. 5,865,696,000,000. Now that we know how far light goes in a year, we can figure out how far another solar system is in light years. The closest solar system we know of is 4.2 light years away, which comes to a grand total of: 24,635,923,200,000. (Twenty four trillion, six hundred thirty five billion, nine hundred twenty three million, two hundred thousand miles). Approximately.

I may or may not really adore science.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jorick
Aries- I'm apparently supposed to be courageous and determined.

And a bit of what I'd call an asshat.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Well hello there Gemini, I'm Aquarius ;P
DOHOHO, A ROMANCE A BREW'N

Wait.
No, I'm sorry.
You can't brew romance.
You brew Ideas.
Alright, alright, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.