Zodiac Masters (Accepting Characters!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amber Sky

Original poster

This is slightly based off of the Fate/Stay Night anime. No prior knowledge of the anime is required in the slightest. Also, the zodiac referenced is the Chinese version.
[fieldbox="Zodiac Masters, black, solid"]In the land of Jian, there are twelve main families that preside over the land. Each full-blood member of each family has the ability to summon the spirit of their respective house symbols; those of the twelve animals of the zodiac. The spirits, after being summoned, have a permanent tie to their master. If the master dies, they are returned to the spirit world - however, if the spirit dies, the master lives on. Spirits can take both their animal form or a humanoid form.

Each century one representative from each family is sent to compete in what is called the 'Zodiac War'. This war establishes the calender for the next one-hundred years; the winner of the battle, the last one with a spirit standing, claims the first month for their family. It is an extremely prestigious honor, and is a symbol of power to the family that receives it.

During the 'Zodiac Wars', participants are expected to summon their family's animal spirit and use them to battle the other families' representatives.
[/fieldbox]
Zodiac Animal Information
Animal - Spirit power, the weapon that the spirit (when in humanoid form) is skilled with. The family's allies, the family's rivals/enemies. *Note: These are not set in stone. You are more than welcome to help brainstorm abilities and weapon specialties!

Rat - Able to multiply itself, skilled small-knife user. The family is in good relations with the Dragon, Rabbit and Ox families however is in bad graces with the Goat, Horse and Rooster families.

Ox - Able to manipulate it's size, skilled ax user. The family is in good relations with the Rat, Snake and Rooster families but in bad graces with the Dragon, Horse, Goat, Dog and Rabbit families.

Tiger - Able to create illusions, skilled sabre user. The family is in good relations with the Horse and Dog families however is in bad graces with the Snake and Monkey families.

Rabbit - Able to summon 'super speed', skilled rapier user. The family is in good relations with the Goat, Dog, Rat and Pig families however is in bad graces with the Ox, Dragon, Rooster and Horse families.

Dragon - Able to blow fire, skilled bow user. The family is in good relations with the Rat, Monkey and Rooster families however is in bad graces with the Dog, Ox and Rabbit families (note: some members of the dragon family are at odds with each other).

Snake - Able to shape-shift into other lifeforms (note: the eyes of the spirit stay the same which is the main indicator if you are dealing with an impostor), skilled glaive user. The family is in good relations with the Ox and Rooster families however is in bad graces with the Tiger, Monkey and Pig families.

Horse - Able to animate inanimate objects, skilled whip user. The family is in good relations with the Tiger, Goat and Dog families however is in bad graces with the Rat, Ox and Rabbit families (note: some members of the horse family are at odds with each other).

Goat - Able to manipulate emotions, skilled lance user. The family is in good relations with the Rabbit, Horse and Pig families however is in bad graces with the Rat, Ox and Dog families.

Monkey - Able to hypnotize other spirits, skilled halberd user. The family is in good relations with the Rat and Dragon families however is in bad graces with the Tiger, Snake and Pig families.

Rooster - Able to see glimpses of the future, skilled staff user. The family is in good relations with the Ox, Dragon and Snake families however is in bad graces with the Rabbit, Chicken and Dog families.

Dog - Able to assess people's (generalized) intentions, skilled war hammer user. The family is in good relations with the Tiger, Rabbit and Horse families however is in bad graces with Ox, Dragon, Goat and Rooster families.

Pig - Able to drain the energy of other masters, skilled scythe user. The family is in good relations with the Goat and Rabbit families however is in bad graces with the Snake, Pig and Monkey families.

Other Information
Rules
-Be nice and courteous!

-Planning battles/interactions with other players is encouraged!

-I would recommend playing your own master/spirit combo, though you are more than allowed to arrange pairings with other players. c:

-You are allowed as many characters as you'd like! We have 24 positions to fill, so please feel free to splurge! XD

-I will reserve character positions for 24 hours. If you need an extension from that please PM me. (I'll probably only enforce this if there is a lot of interest and people want your spot though haha.)

-(This isn't a rule but I'll mention it anyway) I will be making characters, but I'd like you people to have first pick. c: I'll just take anything that nobody expresses interest in - but feel free to ask me to play a master/spirit to go with one of your characters! The GM should feel the love too. XD

-If you have any other questions please ask~
Roleplay Information
Jian is an island nation based off of Japan. It is ruled by the twelve families of power - each family member, as stated in the summary, has the ability to summon an animal spirit based on their affiliation. Each summoned spirit is different however carry the same power across the species. The master of a spirit's health and energy is of great importance; if the master feels weak, the spirit will be directly affected as well and will not be able to perform to it's full capacity. As mentioned, if the master dies the spirit will return to the spirit world - but if the spirit is slain the master will stay alive.

On most occasions a spirit/master pair work in unison and on good terms. However, this is not a given. If a master shows bad judgement or bad character a spirit is not tied to believe in their actions and motives. If a master wishes to command a spirit to complete a task that the spirit refuses to do they may use what is called a 'command seal'. There are three command seals that tie the spirit to its master, and after all three are exhausted the spirit will return to the spirit world. A master may only summon one spirit in their lifetime.

Spirits communicate through speech, though they also are capable of telepathically speaking to their masters (masters can also speak telepathically back). Each spirit has both a humanoid and a spirit form - in the spirit form they are able to utilize their spiritual powers (mentioned in the animal summary), and in human form they have a weapon specialty. A spirit cannot use their spiritual powers while in human form, and can't use a weapon in animal form (for obvious reasons). Spirits, while more resilient than humans, require food, water and rest. They heal at an accelerated rate but are still well within a 'mortal' range.

The zodiac spirits were actually part of the respective zodiac families - they were previously competitors in the war. After they died they then because spirit representatives for the following war. The way their aging works would be that they were transferred to the zodiac spirit world at the age they competed in the war at, and were afterwards frozen in time. So they could realistically be centuries of years old, but look like a 15 year old if they were 15 when they participated in the war. Additionally, after being transferred into the spirit world they gained their animal form. Spirits can only be summoned to participate in a war three times, after that they become 'retired' in a sense.
Plot Information
Characters will start at a briefing ceremony before the war, where they will be given a certain amount of time to establish allies/teammates and start constructing a plan of action. Previous experience with other families (see animal information list) will be more prone to interacting with some opposed to others. After the briefing is complete, characters will be released into the Zodiac War arena - the arena is defined by theory only, and has no firm boundaries. Villages and villagers inside the arena have no knowledge of what is going on, and regular humans can't see spirits. There are vast wooded areas away from people that may be utilized for battle, however villages may also be used as battle-grounds.

At first the main objective will be to eliminate other zodiac spirits (either on your own or with a group), however there is another force hiding in the shadows just waiting for the right opportunity to strike.
Character List
Rat Master -
Rat Spirit -

Ox Master -
Ox Spirit -

Tiger Master - Reserved (FawnGoddess)
Tiger Spirit - Reserved (FawnGoddess)

Rabbit Master - Reserved (Leif)
Rabbit Spirit - Reserved (Leif)

Dragon Master - Fi Reishi (Ali)
Dragon Spirit - Alek (Ali)

Snake Master - Reserved (DANAsaur)
Snake Spirit - Reserved (DANAsaur)

Horse Master -
Horse Spirit -

Goat Master -
Goat Spirit -

Monkey Master -
Monkey Spirit -

Rooster Master - Reserved (Cromartie Sarkissian)
Rooster Spirit - Reserved (Cromartie Sarkissian)

Dog Master -
Dog Spirit -

Pig Master -
Pig Spirit -
Character Sheet
Name:
Zodiac Sign:
Master or Spirit?:
Master/Spirit Pair:
Appearance (realistic preferred):
Personality:
History (brief):
Other:
Order of The Most Recent War Winners
Rat
Ox
Tiger
Rabbit
Dragon
Snake
Horse
Goat
Monkey
Rooster
Dog
Pig
((Or, in other words, the order of the original Chinese zodiac.))

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Sure thing! c: Will you be taking both spirit and master?

@Amber Sky It's the busiest part of my week right now. Don't expect much of anything for a couple days. But so far it looks pretty good.

This is slightly based off of the Fate/Stay Night anime. No prior knowledge of the anime is required in the slightest. Also, the zodiac referenced is the Chinese version.
[fieldbox="Zodiac Masters, black, solid"]In the land of Jian, there are twelve main families that preside over the land. Each full-blood member of each family has the ability to summon the spirit of their respective house symbols; those of the twelve animals of the zodiac. The spirits, after being summoned, have a permanent tie to their master. If the master dies, they are returned to the spirit world - however, if the spirit dies, the master lives on. Spirits can take both their animal form or a humanoid form.

Each century one representative from each family is sent to compete in what is called the 'Zodiac War'. This war establishes the calender for the next one-hundred years; the winner of the battle, the last one with a spirit standing, claims the first month for their family. It is an extremely prestigious honor, and is a symbol of power to the family that receives it.

During the 'Zodiac Wars', participants are expected to summon their family's animal spirit and use them to battle the other families' representatives.[/fieldbox]
Zodiac Animal Information
Animal - Spirit power, the weapon that the spirit (when in humanoid form) is skilled with. The family's allies, the family's rivals/enemies. *Note: These are not set in stone. You are more than welcome to help brainstorm abilities and weapon specialties!

Rat - Able to multiply itself, skilled small-knife user. The family is in good relations with the Dragon, Rabbit and Ox families however is in bad graces with the Goat, Horse and Rooster families.

Ox - Able to manipulate it's size, skilled ax user. The family is in good relations with the Rat, Snake and Rooster families but in bad graces with the Dragon, Horse, Goat, Dog and Rabbit families.

Tiger - Able to create illusions, skilled sabre user. The family is in good relations with the Horse and Dog families however is in bad graces with the Snake and Monkey families.

Rabbit - Able to summon 'super speed', skilled rapier user. The family is in good relations with the Goat, Dog, Rat and Pig families however is in bad graces with the Ox, Dragon, Rooster and Horse families.

Dragon - Able to blow fire, skilled bow user. The family is in good relations with the Rat, Monkey and Rooster families however is in bad graces with the Dog, Ox and Rabbit families (note: some members of the dragon family are at odds with each other).

Snake - Able to shape-shift into other lifeforms (note: the eyes of the spirit stay the same which is the main indicator if you are dealing with an impostor), skilled glaive user. The family is in good relations with the Ox and Rooster families however is in bad graces with the Tiger, Monkey and Pig families.

Horse - Able to animate inanimate objects, skilled whip user. The family is in good relations with the Tiger, Goat and Dog families however is in bad graces with the Rat, Ox and Rabbit families (note: some members of the horse family are at odds with each other).

Goat - Able to manipulate emotions, skilled lance user. The family is in good relations with the Rabbit, Horse and Pig families however is in bad graces with the Rat, Ox and Dog families.

Monkey - Able to hypnotize other spirits, skilled halberd user. The family is in good relations with the Rat and Dragon families however is in bad graces with the Tiger, Snake and Pig families.

Rooster - Able to see glimpses of the future, skilled staff user. The family is in good relations with the Ox, Dragon and Snake families however is in bad graces with the Rabbit, Chicken and Dog families.

Dog - Able to assess people's (generalized) intentions, skilled war hammer user. The family is in good relations with the Tiger, Rabbit and Horse families however is in bad graces with Ox, Dragon, Goat and Rooster families.

Pig - Able to drain the energy of other masters, skilled scythe user. The family is in good relations with the Goat and Rabbit families however is in bad graces with the Snake, Pig and Monkey families.

Other Information
Rules
-Be nice and courteous!

-Planning battles/interactions with other players is encouraged!

-I would recommend playing your own master/spirit combo, though you are more than allowed to arrange pairings with other players. c:

-You are allowed as many characters as you'd like! We have 24 positions to fill, so please feel free to splurge! XD

-I will reserve character positions for 24 hours. If you need an extension from that please PM me.

-(This isn't a rule but I'll mention it anyway) I will be making characters, but I'd like you people to have first pick. c: I'll just take anything that nobody expresses interest in - but feel free to ask me to play a master/spirit to go with one of your characters! The GM should feel the love too. XD

-If you have any other questions please ask~
Roleplay Information
Jian is an island nation based off of Japan. It is ruled by the twelve families of power - each family member, as stated in the summary, has the ability to summon an animal spirit based on their affiliation. Each summoned spirit is different however carry the same power across the species. The master of a spirit's health and energy is of great importance; if the master feels weak, the spirit will be directly affected as well and will not be able to perform to it's full capacity. As mentioned, if the master dies the spirit will return to the spirit world - but if the spirit is slain the master will stay alive.

On most occasions a spirit/master pair work in unison and on good terms. However, this is not a given. If a master shows bad judgement or bad character a spirit is not tied to believe in their actions and motives. If a master wishes to command a spirit to complete a task that the spirit refuses to do they may use what is called a 'command seal'. There are three command seals that tie the spirit to its master, and after all three are exhausted the spirit will return to the spirit world. A master may only summon one spirit in their lifetime.

Spirits communicate through speech, though they also are capable of telepathically speaking to their masters (masters can also speak telepathically back). Each spirit has both a humanoid and a spirit form - in the spirit form they are able to utilize their spiritual powers (mentioned in the animal summary), and in human form they have a weapon specialty. A spirit cannot use their spiritual powers while in human form, and can't use a weapon in animal form (for obvious reasons). Spirits, while more resilient than humans, require food, water and rest. They heal at an accelerated rate but are still well within a 'mortal' range.
Plot Information
Characters will start at a briefing ceremony before the war, where they will be given a certain amount of time to establish allies/teammates and start constructing a plan of action. Previous experience with other families (see animal information list) will be more prone to interacting with some opposed to others. After the briefing is complete, characters will be released into the Zodiac War arena - the arena is defined by theory only, and has no firm boundaries. Villages and villagers inside the arena have no knowledge of what is going on, and regular humans can't see spirits. There are vast wooded areas away from people that may be utilized for battle, however villages may also be used as battle-grounds.

At first the main objective will be to eliminate other zodiac spirits (either on your own or with a group), however there is another force hiding in the shadows just waiting for the right opportunity to strike.
Character List
Rat Master -
Rat Spirit -

Ox Master -
Ox Spirit -

Tiger Master -
Tiger Spirit -

Rabbit Master -
Rabbit Spirit -

Dragon Master - Reserved (Ali)
Dragon Spirit - Reserved (Ali)

Snake Master -
Snake Spirit -

Horse Master -
Horse Spirit -

Goat Master -
Goat Spirit -

Monkey Master -
Monkey Spirit -

Rooster Master -
Rooster Spirit -

Dog Master -
Dog Spirit -

Pig Master -
Pig Spirit -
Character Sheet
Name:
Zodiac Sign:
Master or Spirit?:
Master/Spirit Pair:
Personality:
History (brief):
Other:

People who have expressed interest through the interest check: @Tokusentai @Leif @Ali
It looks great! I'm a tad busy at the moment, but I would love to reserve the Rooster Combo, if that's okay be you. Also, if the game begins and there are any half pairings, I'll be step up to the plate

I'll reserve the Rabbit Spirit. I'll very tentatively reserve the master, too.

And express interest in - Rat, Ox, Tiger, Snake, Goat, Monkey, Pig. If anyone wants to work on one of those duos with me.

Edit: first question (expect many) how do spirits age/what do you want for their age?

@Ali Accepted! Do remember thought that the characters will be apart of one of the ruling families who will be already aware of the tradition of the wars. There may be the circumstance that a child is abandoned / lost and will come up as a potential master and stumble across their powers, but in that case they'd have to work to become recognized by their respective family and therefore get chosen. Also, I think you mentioned somewhere that the war was held every year - my intentions were to have it held every century (or at least decade). My apologies if I hadn't made all of that clear. c:

@Cromartie Sarkissian Alright, I put in your reservation. c: I look forward to seeing what you create!

@Leif I probably should have mentioned that somewhere. I'll edit it into the OP in a moment. c: The zodiac spirits were actually part of the respective zodiac families - they were previously competitors in the war. After they died they then because spirit representatives for the following war. The way their aging works would be that they were transferred to the zodiac spirit world at the age they competed in the war at, and were afterwards frozen in time. So they could realistically be centuries of years old, but look like a 15 year old if they were 15 when they participated in the war.

Additionally, after being transferred into the spirit world they gained their animal form. Spirits can only be summoned to participate in a war three times, after that they become 'retired' in a sense but we won't go into that since it's not relevant. XD Hopefully that answers the question. c:

@Leif I probably should have mentioned that somewhere. I'll edit it into the OP in a moment. c: The zodiac spirits were actually part of the respective zodiac families - they were previously competitors in the war. After they died they then because spirit representatives for the following war. The way their aging works would be that they were transferred to the zodiac spirit world at the age they competed in the war at, and were afterwards frozen in time. So they could realistically be centuries of years old, but look like a 15 year old if they were 15 when they participated in the war.
Oh, neat. I can work with this. And that also answers my question about history.

(...) my intentions were to have it held every century (or at least decade).
I personally like it every century, myself. Makes the stakes much higher.

Edit - Also, which family won the last war?

Could I reserve the Tiger Spirit and Master if possible~?

Also love the story~!!! Totally got my interest~

Edit - Also, which family won the last war?
In order to make things a little less complicated, let's say that the last war finished with the real Chinese zodiac's results. So the order the Chinese years are in will be the order of the winners. That order goes like this:
Rat
Ox
Tiger
Rabbit
Dragon
Snake
Horse
Goat
Monkey
Rooster
Dog
Pig
Could I reserve the Tiger Spirit and Master if possible~?

Also love the story~!!! Totally got my interest~
Sure thing! I'll edit that in. c: Welcome! I'm going to put a banner up soon so hopefully we'll be able to gather a bunch of interest and start!

In order to make things a little less complicated, let's say that the last war finished with the real Chinese zodiac's results. So the order the Chinese years are in will be the order of the winners. That order goes like this:
Rat
Ox
Tiger
Rabbit
Dragon
Snake
Horse
Goat
Monkey
Rooster
Dog
Pig

Sure thing! I'll edit that in. c: Welcome! I'm going to put a banner up soon so hopefully we'll be able to gather a bunch of interest and start!
Aaaaw poor Pig Family....

And thanks~!! I will get working on the character sheets right now~!

I can't find any realistic pictures that work with my characters >///<​

Haha yes, at least they have a chance to redeem themselves! xD

Hmm. How about message me with the pictures you want to use and maybe we can work something out? c:

okie dokie~~~~

@Ali Accepted! Do remember thought that the characters will be apart of one of the ruling families who will be already aware of the tradition of the wars. There may be the circumstance that a child is abandoned / lost and will come up as a potential master and stumble across their powers, but in that case they'd have to work to become recognized by their respective family and therefore get chosen. Also, I think you mentioned somewhere that the war was held every year - my intentions were to have it held every century (or at least decade). My apologies if I hadn't made all of that clear. c:

@Cromartie Sarkissian Alright, I put in your reservation. c: I look forward to seeing what you create!

Additionally, after being transferred into the spirit world they gained their animal form. Spirits can only be summoned to participate in a war three times, after that they become 'retired' in a sense but we won't go into that since it's not relevant. XD Hopefully that answers the question. c:
Oh sorry, that was my bad :x I'll fix that up ^^

image.jpg Name: Elis-ohn
Zodiac Sign: Rosster
Master or Spirit?: Master
Master/Spirit Pair: Bellow
Appearance (realistic preferred): above. Wears gold-esc armour, marked with ingested feathers across the torso, back and soldiers. Helmet has a feather crafted mane (roman esc) to represent to roosters feather mount. Wears bracers, engraved into which is the Chinese symbol of the rooster (will ad image later). Wears a chain-mail loin cloth
Personality: passive and selfless, trying to fight with his words rather than his blade. Using diplomacy to avoid combat at most turnings despite being a semi decent fighter, Elis utilise the passive ability of his spirit animal to guid him away from conflict. Acts as a strategist
History (brief): The illegitimate son of the daughter of a family of power and an unknown of patron(may be discovered during the Rp), Elis was sent into the care of the village church to avoid detection, only finding his true nobility aged 25. After returning to his birth family, Elis was rejected, deemed unworthy due to his impure blood. Intent of regaining his family honour and respect, Elis strikes up a deal with his birth family; if he wins the war, he is re-instated, if he looses, he shall face certain death
Other:
Helmet:
image.jpg with detachable mouth pieces /SPOILER]

Name: Iyitogri (ee-toh-gri)
Zodiac Sign: Rooster
Master or Spirit?:Spirit
Master/Spirit Pair: Above
image.jpg
Personality: Agressive and short tempered, Iyitogri is the complete opposite of her master. Damning her masters passive nature, she believes her abilities should be used to exploit their enemies weaknesses and strike pre-emptively
History (brief): Prior to her death in one of the previous wars, Iyitogri devoted her life to victory, trading in as many different physical arts as she could find; judo, karate, swordsmanship, archery etc. However, it was her arrogance and strength that later grew into he bloodlust, causing her to purposely seek out opponents during the war, the stronger, the better. After only a few weeks and several bodies later, the Warriors was struck down by an opponent far greater in power than she was, a warrior form the rabbit house. Thus, after her return as a spirit, her boundage to Ellis infuriated her, mainly due to her lack of understanding of his peaceful attitude. Conflicting with her master at every turn, can they cooperate in a life and death battle such as this?
Other:

I'm really interested in this. Can I reserve the snake please? :)

Oh sorry, that was my bad :x I'll fix that up ^^
No worries! Apologies that I hadn't made that clear! c:

View attachment 83919The illegitimate son of the daughter of a family of power and an unknown of patron(may be discovered during the Rp), Elis was sent into the care of the village church to avoid detection, only finding his true nobility aged 25. After returning to his birth family, Elis was rejected, deemed unworthy due to his impure blood. Intent of regaining his family honour and respect, Ohn unwillingly enters the war.
Alright, I guess I really haven't made this part clear. xD I'll edit it into the OP after I get back from school, my apologies. The families choose one members amongst themselves to compete in the war. So if they rejected Elis there isn't a way that he would get chosen to compete, unless they had a lack of a competitor. If that was true, maybe they could have presented him with a deal similar to 'if you win we'll reinstate you in our family'?

I'm really interested in this. Can I reserve the snake please? :)
Of course! I look forward to seeing your characters! c:

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
No worries! Apologies that I hadn't made that clear! c:

Alright, I guess I really haven't made this part clear. xD I'll edit it into the OP after I get back from school, my apologies. The families choose one members amongst themselves to compete in the war. So if they rejected Elis there isn't a way that he would get chosen to compete, unless they had a lack of a competitor. If that was true, maybe they could have presented him with a deal similar to 'if you win we'll reinstate you in our family'?

Of course! I look forward to seeing your characters! c:
Oh, yes, I'll put that in now. Thanks for telling me

@Amber Sky
A few questions:
Do you have a banner in circulation for this game yet?
I have finished my first sign up for both the master and spirit; is it alright is I utilise another pair? I will, of course, use them equally as often as the other pair (if approved)

Status
Not open for further replies.