• Western

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaptainObvious

All Aboard!
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Online Availability
All day 'er day .. jk I sleep ... I'm doing research now so I'm online a lot and check here periodically
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
DimSerpentineEsok-size_restricted.gif

It's been a LOOOOOONG-ass time since I've done a group RP so I came up with a colossal idea because why not?

Maybe this isolation/pandemic stuff is going to my brain, but I thought "WHAT BETTER IDEA FOR AN RP THAN STUFFING 12 CHARACTERS INTO A HOUSE AND NOT LETTING THEM LEAVE KINDA LIKE HOW I CAN'T LEAVE MY HOUSE NOW?"

That's the premise. Characters based on zodiac signs (Western Horoscopes or Chinese Zodiac idk, we'll take a vote I guess) live together kind of like Big Brother or whatever trashy reality tv show crap you're watching to pass the time these days. Random challenges and chaos will ensue.

So that's a bit of the premise. Basically, we have 12(?) characters, stuck in a building together, but there's a couple twists.

1. Each character is based on a zodiac sign -so some personality traits are predetermined. I'll use a Zodiac-personalities guide and list the character traits e.g. Saggitarius; Smart, caring and deep BUT impatient, careless and boastful.

You can choose your sign from those that are available, so pick the traits that best align with your idea of the kind of character you want to play or pick your own sign. Each sign has 3 positive and 3 negative traits so choose wisely since it could affect your strategy in the House.

Everyone gets to pick one (or more if we double up) of the twelve and there are no duplicate roles (there won't be 2 Virgos or 3 Capricorns etc or if we go Chinese zodiac, 2 Rats and 3 Rabbits etc). Once someone picks Virgo, the next person cannot pick that sign and so on until no more signs remain. Alternatively, signs can be randomly assigned if players want a challenge/surprise.

2. The characters will be free to roam the house and interact but there will be "house challenges" or missions.

3. Characters will be eliminated from the main house via anonymous vote by the other players (perhaps two at a time so eliminated players aren't bored on their own)... so this is an RP you can lose (in theory). Your goal is to earn the trust of other players or take down other characters and make it to the final three.

4. Once a character is booted from the Zodiac House, they're gone. I'm considering opening a second thread or something "Life After Zodiac House" where players can continue to play with each others characters post-elimination if they want. I don't know exactly how this rp as a whole will work so, suggestions, advice, ideas whatever are all welcome!!!

ALTERNATIVELY; We could narrow it down to 6 characters/players out of 12 signs and instead of eliminations we could just have fun with these characters without the pressure of challenges/eliminations.

Lemme know your thoughts.

OwO this sounds really interesting, if you're still accepting I'd be more then happy to join!

Sounds like a fun idea, let me know if this goes ahead

Same though^

Another idea could be that once they're eliminated, you can always put in another zodiac that hadn't been taken in their place. It's unfair for those trying to eliminate the others but these kinds of shows are supposed to be unfair anyway. This doesn't have to work this way but it would make it easier for players or viewers who are bad at remembering many characters/people. Obviously there are only twelve so it will have an end no matter what.

Reactions: UnknownAras
OwO this sounds really interesting, if you're still accepting I'd be more then happy to join!
I left this thread hanging so ... this is all there is so far so yes, still accepting, haven't even made it to an OOC/sign-up thread yet, the ideas still just an idea :)

Sounds like a fun idea, let me know if this goes ahead
Keep an eye on the thread, if anything goes ahead I'll link here to a sign-up/ooc thingy.

Same though^

Another idea could be that once they're eliminated, you can always put in another zodiac that hadn't been taken in their place. It's unfair for those trying to eliminate the others but these kinds of shows are supposed to be unfair anyway. This doesn't have to work this way but it would make it easier for players or viewers who are bad at remembering many characters/people. Obviously there are only twelve so it will have an end no matter what.
This is a good idea (particularly if we're short on numbers and don't have a full 12 character roster, people can come and go or make a new char to enter the game).

Alternatively, maybe chars don't get "eliminated" but ... we have a points system? First to 12 wins? Or alternatively, characters can start with "12 points" but they vote on each other and lose points. THe "loser" still stays in the house and still has a vote. That way we don't have to worry about people getting left behind but ... there is still an end when everyone except one last character hits 0 points. Heck, the points don't even matter, i thought it'd be fun to try a lottery character creation and just throw a bunch of chars together.
I'm not sure what element people find attractive in this idea (the random character traits or the "house system"), so lemme know what appeals to you guys :) glad there's some interest in this, it might have legs.

Zodiac stuff tends to attract those weak to the theme. I just love the idea of sticking a bunch of randoms into a house and seeing where that goes. xD

Ooh I'd be really interested in this.

Last edited: