Status
Not open for further replies.
Sayu blinked at the girl’s reaction, her face was completely red and she squirmed around in her seat completely flustered. This girl is a natural sweetie! Sayu thought to herself, feeling slightly annoyed that she now had to share the cute and innocent title with her. She sighed mentally, knowing that this act is just going to be so much harder to pull… such a pain. When the girl began objecting Sayu’s comment about her eyes, stuttering over her words and hiding her face behind her hands. Oh she’s good, Sayu thought and continued observing the girl stumble over her words and emotions, even managed to end up speaking English, she even has a slight ditzy side! Though as cute as the girl is, Sayu wasn’t about to drop her act so easily.

After Ann had finished her flustered introduction, Sayu plastered on a comforting smile and slightly tilted her head “It’s a pleasure Ann” she said “And you don’t have to apologize, I see your new to Japan and all, how are you liking it?”. Just then, two other guys entered, one of them seemed to be talking to his luggage, but as Sayu got a better look she realized if wasn’t just a simple carry on, there was an animal inside! She tensed up a bit, not to have expected anyone to bring a pet a long with them. As the guy with the cage passed by, she prayed that the pet was not what she feared it to be and soon enough, she began to her nose began to tickle and her eyes slowly water. Oh no… He’s got a bird! She thought as she took in a giant breath then let it all out in a giant sneeze, loud enough to have startled everyone in the room. This is just great… though she wasn’t deadly allergic to birds, it was just a slight allergy to feathers, just harmful enough to make her sneeze pretty loudly.

She glared at the boy’s back, then looked away quick enough before she made it seem to obvious. She tried to calm herself by drawing her attention the other boy who walked in. Her mood did not change when she realized who the boy was, he was obviously the guy who just walked by her when she was obviously struggling dragging her suitcase over. But that’s fine, she wouldn’t have let someone like him help her anyways, he had a very douchey look on his face, the kind you just want to smack and show him who’s really boss!

Thankfully the pink haired girl, who introduced herself as Nikki, made an overall announcement about taking a little trip around the building once again. Sayu let out a sigh of relief, she definitely need to step out before she blows a fuse. She stood up and faced the girl, about to take up her offer when suddenly a serious yet nervous looking guy entered the room. He turned out to be their host, she rolled her eyes and mentally groaned to herself, dropping back down into her seat and carelessly listened to him speak.​

Reactions: Anthea Evans
The bus driver nodded and grunted various pleasantries as the kids (in his eyes, at least) retrieved their things. The last one to leave was a mere ghost of a boy, with skin so pale it was nearly transparent. The entire ride his eyes had been glued to his screen, as they were now. His steps were unsteady and wavering.
The bus driver hunched his shoulders, increasing his deep wrinkles with a frown.
"Gamers."
The word was spat, not with derision or anger, but more with acceptance tinged with an attempt at frustration. He sighed, straightened his back a little, and followed after the clearly lost kid.
"Oi, kid!" He entered the house, instantly spotting him.
"Still on his goddamn game. Didn't even listen to my instructions," he grumbled mentally.
Tapping the boy on the shoulder, he pointed to the door he had to go through.
@Stuffies12

Azrael's eyes widen as he accidentally eavesdropped someone saying that there will be two Betas per room. He eeked on his mind and he even felt some chills on his spine by just thinking to be around a stranger. Even his dark hair spiked up a bit, totally uncomfortable and feeling dizzy without even make sure if that was true. Saphira seemed to sense his nervousness, because she looked up at him with a hooted, flaping her wings a bit. Azrael looked down at her and sighed with a small smile. It was as if she was trying to tell him that she will be always with him no matter what and that everything will be alright. After all, it was better to interact with one person that with all of the 10 Betas. "This will only be for 3 months, Azrael... Just 3 simple months..." he began to thought a she looked down at the floor, nodding for calm himself down and trying to believe that. "You can do this... Just believe it..."

After a while, the creator of the game finally came out from wherever he was and gave out a quick announcement. Azrael looked at him and widen his eyes with awe as he recognized that man. Kiyonaga Nagata, a well known and really famous professor of the Gaming world. He have been on the cover of lots of video games magazines and has been of lots of entrevists on the televation, the last one related to this new game. Azrael's eyes sparkled with glee a she saw at the Professor and a drop of sweat appeared about Saphira as he looked at him. He was a true fan of Nagata-san. "Oh, my God! I cannot believe he is the one behind all of this!" he thought as he smiled widely. "He even chose me as a Beta Tester! Man, I knew I was a pro, but not this big! This is definitely an honor I will brag about with my online friends!" He chuckly lowly as he kept hearing the anouncement, quickly dusting of his clothes for be decent enough in presence of the Professor.

After the quick announcement, Azrael looked around and slowly began to walk towards Kiyonaga. He wanted an autograph and will get one no matter even, even if he has to speak.

About to interact with: @Anthea Evans

Kiyonagata raised his eyes slightly from the screen of his phone as he heard someone approach. He quickly took in the young man's face, matching it with the files he had studied.
"Ah, Azrael, is it?"
He pocketed his phone and extended a hand in the business-like Western fashion.
"It's a pleasure to meet you young man, your professor was kind enough to share some of your engineering projects with me, I have to say I'm very impressed."
He gives Azrael a small smile, hoping it would cover up his nervousness.
"I'm just glad I don't sweat when I'm nervous...although my hands might feel like a dead man's..."
He pushed his glasses further onto his nose with his left hand, studying the boy. His game engineering projects had been very impressive, especially from one as young and from such a past as he. The boy had a bright future, for sure, and strength to get past what had been thrown at him. Kiyonagata looked forward to speaking to him further throughout the coming months.
@Shinku

This is it! This is why 2D is completely superior to everything else! The tearful confession scene, the heartfelt emotions as Rin poured his feelings to his longtime childhood friend; this was what he lived for, what he loved to see. It was the perfect romance, and with the childhood friend too. There it was! The first kiss CG. They really outdid themselves with Spring Loves. He knew that the company's last game was a cash cow. I Can't Believe I Have Ran Out Of Rent And Now A Monster Girl And A Succubus Wants To Live In My House was an absolutely dreadful title! It was a nukige through and through and it sickened him how its sales overtook that of their previous masterpiece Here With You. But he had faith, and the company pulled through with the new brilliant work of art. Yuuki could feel his mouth watering slightly as the inevitable h-scene was about to start when he was interrupted by a light tap on the shoulder, making him quickly close the game screen.

He cocked his head slightly at the stranger who seemed to be pointing at the door. He couldn't hear what he said with his earphones on, of course, but he assumed the stranger was showing him the way. "Thank you." He muttered softly and bowed, making his way to said door. He took off his glasses, rubbing his tired eyes and wiping the lens with the hem of his shirt. He took off his sweat laden cap, stuffing it into his back pocket. After putting his glasses back on he stepped through the double doors.

This was the last thing he expected. There were...seven? Eight people? On a large conference table. His sudden entrance seems to have attracted most of their attention as he now had many pairs of eyes focused on him. These were the beta testers. Were they all gamers like him? Or were some of them online celebrities? A company like this would surely want favourable reactions from the general public, and what better way than the numerous online celebrities that have made a name for themselves through the booming games industry? So now the question becomes, who here are the pros?

His eyes scanned the people in front of him. He tried racking his brain to try and match them to anyone he knew but it was no use. He knew the pros by their avatars and game handles, not their real life portraits.

So busy he was trying to match names to faces, he quickly became oblivious to the fact he was blocking the door, and the fact that he was standing silently for an extended duration.

As the eccentric man pulled up a hologram, Leo's interest sparked, leaning forward to see it better, he hadn't seen such expensive technology in person, he had seen it all over TV, but this close in person? Though his interest faded as the man's fingers moved too fast to keep up with, so the boy opened his dufflebag and dug through it, looking for his ear buds and iPod, he found himself carefully looking around the room when someone caught his attention, by the door, he looked familiar but he couldn't place it from where. Tilting his head and furrowing his eyebrows, trying to recall where he may have seen him before... He couldn't put his finger on it even though it was right on the edge of his tongue. Was it online? Was he famous? He dug through his thoughts before his eyes widened as he thought back to his middle and elementary school days.

Leo bit his lip, they had been friends since 3rd grade, all the way up to 8th grade when he moved schools... He could remember how they met with ease, A boy, about Leo's age, sat beside him, "You're wearing goggles on your head" The boy said, he had an ice cream in his hand, which he was eating, the summer sun making it melt quickly in his hand, "Oh, they're from my dad..." Leo mumbled, unsure what else to say, no one else had approached him, so he wasn't sure what to do, "Why are you sitting alone?" The question was so instant that it had caught Leo off guard, he hesitated, swapping schools had been a bit hard but he wasn't sure what to say to this kid, "Um, I don't have any friends" He mumbled, reluctantly, he was growing uncomfortable but at the same time, he felt more relaxed, the kid had an aura that made him want to smile, "Oh... No one deserves to have no friends" There was silence for a few moments as the boy stared past Leonardo for a moment, "I'm Leo" He mumbled and the boy stared at him for a moment, and smiled, "I'm Gin"

The whole time he had been staring at the young man, suddenly, anxiety filled through him, what if he's not Gin? What if he doesn't remember Leo? What if he's mad because he fell out of touch with him? He grew nervous and looked away, feeling unsure, if it was Gin, what if he didn't remember him and he just embarrassed himself? But if it was, what then? What would he say? Should he apologize, it was his fault, he had gotten messages from Gin but he had been so caught up in school and games, he started ignoring them, and every one else that tried to talk him, but he still felt guilty now, if it was Gin, he wasn't even sure it was? What if he was just being stupid?

Ann raised her phone and pressed the send button. Then she pocketed the phone and turned to Sayu to respond to her question, however Sayu was already getting up for some reason. Ann trembled thinking that she did not respond fast enough and was being rude. She lowered her head thinking the girl already left. I did not mean to be rude, I just have a duty to my followers. Then she sat down again giving Ann a chance to apologize. "Sayu i'm sorry, I was not ignoring you! I was just posting on my blog about Japan. It is a very pretty country and has so much water. Where i am from, we have very little water." Closed her eyes to imaging the soothing waves on the beach and the gentle breeze she felt coming out the airport. It was much different from the desert air she was so use to.

Then a boy walked into the room, he was number 9 and seemed to be nervous. That or he dislike what he was seeing. He just stood in the door way silent and creepy like. Ann did not pay him any mind though. She already knew the person she would want to speak to next. Ann turned back to Sayu to see that she was focused on the professor and was not very please with him. Ann brought her hands together in her lap and sat quietly. With all these different personalities here, who knew what was going to happen.

@Myka

Azrael quickly, but gently grabbed the Professor's hand and shook it firmly with a wide and bright smile. He was all surprised and shocke dthat he knew so much about him, even about tjose prjects that he thought there were kind of silly. Hearing from Kiyonaga's voice all those praises made him felt some butterflies on his stomatch and some blush appeared on his cheeks, completely flustered. A-Ah... The pleasure of this metting is all mine, sir", he said and nodded with a smile, looking at him with a nervous smile. "Thank you for all those praises. Didn't knew my work was all that good".

After shooking his hand, Azrael slowly let go of his hand and look around the house. "I like this place, by the way. The structure and decoration of it it's pretty similiar to my apartment. Makes me feel still on home". He let go a slight chuckled and Saphira hooted once. Azrael widen his eyes a bit and looked down at her, remembering he still haven't asked if she's allowed to be here. After clearing his throat, he looked back at the Professor. "S-Sir, I brought with me my pet, but I don't know if it's allowed to have one on the rooms", he said and held out the cage of Saphira, which looked at the Professor while slowly blinking. "It is alright for her to be here? I don't mind if I have to a lonely room".

Mention: @Anthea Evans

• Love
Reactions: AWarriorcat
The entire bus ride Matthew had kept to himself like he always did. He didn't interact with the other testers in the slightest nor did he attempt or want to. He was just fine being on his own. His mind returned to the moment when he had received the invitation to come and test the new game before it was released to the public. A part of him had freaked out from excitement because he saw this as an opportunity to expand his knowledge and gaming skills so he could go into the field of game designing himself. Another part of him was cautious..something about this entire thing felt off to him mostly because good things like this never happened to him. In the end he went with going because it would not only give him a chance to improve his skills and gain some more knowledge in the field..but it would get him away from his aunt and uncle for the time being and any time away from them was good enough for him.

When the bus pulled to a stop Matthew was the last person to get off the bus and grab his luggage. He heard the drivers instructions however he waited just a bit longer before actually entering the mansion with the others. He felt no urge to move in a group with them in fact if anything that made him more uncomfortable since he didn't do well in crowds. He enjoyed being his own person so he would move on his own when he felt like it. Once the others had a bit of a lead on him he made his way inside and instantly his breath was taken away by the architecture and the furnishings of the building. It was amazing. If the entire house was like this then he and the other testers would definitely be living in style until the testing was finished. He glanced to the side and saw where everyone else was heading and adjusted his bag on his shoulder before making his way into another magnificent room filled with couches and a piano. He glanced around the room quickly and gave a small sigh before he moved to a chair as far away from the other testers as he possibly could and sat down and set his bag on the floor by his feet to wait for the professor and designer of the game to meet with them and give them their instructions.

Professor Nagata shook the boy's hand, and listened with a small smile as he spoke.
"I'm glad you're able to feel at home here, we'll do our best to accommodate you."
He looked towards the bird with surprise, but took it in stride.
"We'll keep to original room assignments unless she causes any problems, then we'll give you your own room. And speaking of room assignments..."
He pushed off from the wall he was leaning on, pulling up a few notes on his phone and walking forward a little, hoping his shaky legs weren't visible.
"Hello everyone! Welcome to the Premium Beta Test for Ziradia Online. I just have a few short notes, then I'll leave you all to settle in to your rooms. Let's start with that."
He flicked through some of the notes and brought up a list.
"In room one, Sayu Mukadio and Aimi Himura. Room two: Leonardo Owens-Newton and Drake Lasman. In room three: Yuuki Hamane and Matthew Harmond. Room four is Gin Riluka and Azraek DelMonte. And finally, room five is Nichole Wells and Ann Roslyn.
"Each room has an attached bathroom, fully stocked. Also provided in each room is your Gemu VR Headset, which will be waiting on your bed. While we intend to make your stay here as enjoyable as possible, remember you are here to work as well, both in and out of the game.
"Your job is to explore the game as fully as possible. We want to be able to observe how some of the best players in the world go about testing our game. Push it to its limits, try anything you want, and explore to your heart's content. None of you, I believe, are aware of the others usual in-game identities, so it is up to each of you to share--or not share--as you wish.
"Other than various assignments you will receive to complete in-game, to test certain aspects, every evening we will also hold a meeting in this house's conference room, to go over your thoughts. As an aside: there is a program installed into your headset which will allow you to take audio notes in game. It will then have your Gemu tablet transcribe those notes to be read over after you're done diving.
"However, in addition to beta testing meetings, we will also be conducting various teambuilder exercises throughout your time here."

Kiyonaga paused and ran a hand through his hair, trying to surreptitiously wipe the nervous sweat beading on his brow.
"You may send any questions to me, your tablets each have a direct contact link to message me. I..." he scanned over his notes.
"I believe that is all, thank you for your patience, and welcome to Gemu Headquarters. Please log into ZO no later than 1600 hours."
He checked his watch, a veritable antique, no one wore wristwatches anymore, and nodded, seeing that he was right on schedule. They should all be logged in in an hour.
He gave the group a small, tightlipped smile and stepped aside, moving his arm in what might have been a movement indicating which door they should go through.

((OOC Note: I'll narrate the User Interface as necessary, and everyone should be logging in by this time tomorrow {3pm EST}, so that gives you all 24 hours to post ^_^))

Looks like no one paid Yuuki any mind. That was fine however. After one more glance of each of his fellow playtesters he moved to an empty chair; just in time for him to listen to the man's speech. It seemed that the playtesters were around the same age as him. If that was the case, how many of them went to college? How many of them got an exemption from school? How many of them were like him? He listened as the man went through the usual formalities; describing their role as playtesters, what was expected of them, who they were roomed up with. What caught his attention were the so called team building exercises at which he frowned at. Not that it can't be helped. There wasn't any point in complaining so he might as well bear with it for the time being.

From the sound of things, the equipment and facilities here were top notch. They really went out of their way to provide for the playtesters. It was clear that the company wanted to create the perfect VR experience. If doing this would help VR technology in the long term then he was more than happy to cooperate. Yes, he was part of history. This would be the start of humanity's venture into 2D.

Yuuki heard he was assigned with someone called Matthew Harmond. As if teambuilding and cooperation weren't hard already, now he had to bear with a foreign roommate who may not have any grasp of the language. Of course, since he was in Japan, there would be more likely chance of him knowing and speaking the language. But you never know. If his roommate didn't know any Japanese, they could always communicate using a mix of broken English and pantomime. At least it'll be easier for him to guess who his roommate as there were only a handful of foreigners in the room.

The man lazily waved his hand over to a door which he assumed where they would be expected to go. Resisting the urge to take out his game screen and continue Spring Loves, Yuuki shuffled over to the door with his bag over his shoulder, moving around the other people who were also getting of their seats. It wouldn't do any good to get lost again. Not when VR was potentially waiting on the other side of the door. It wouldn't do any harm to converse with someone either.

Not long after Drake made his comment and began looking Nikki over once more, the professor gave his speech and went over the room chart with everyone, a mild sigh left Drake's body when it came to the point of rooming, as he would rather have picked his roommate even if they wouldn't permit co-ed rooming. It made sense to keep the guys and girls in separate rooms, but where is the fun in that? he would sigh again laying back trying to figure out if he could manipulate his roommate into trading rooms with someone if they didn't mesh well.

"Shame then, Guess we won't be rooming together Nikki." He would lean forward and look around the room quickly trying to go over the few peoples names that he had heard, quickly realizing he had not taken the time to look who was talking he reluctantly gave up looking for his roommate and figured he would meet them in his room anyway. "Well since this little meeting of sorts is over, why don't I take your bags to your room and we go adventure around the rest of the facilities?" Looking around but obviously addressing Nikki and her urge to go look around.

Drake would look down into his bag remembering all the things he had brought that seem completely useless now, his laptop, all his gaming equipment, even a few cases of batteries, junk food, and as always a decent sum of money. After all the thoughts swirling around had settled and he had gathered his bags together he would begin t stand dragging all his bags up over his shoulder and would turn to face the chair again looking over at the piano and taking a moment to look around the room again noticing that everyone had already began to break into groups before they had even began.

Now completely silent in the room Drake pondered to himself "Now I guess we will see who are the seasoned pros in our world and who the ones that need the most help are.... I wonder what they plan to make us do if the entire party falls to shambles, oh well, I guess we will just have to wait and see. I just hope once they hear who I am on the other side they will take the time to at least try to work together." (All this is said in his head)

• Love
This was it! if this was a horror movie, in the next few hours, the first hint of the killer would be revealed. Ann looked around as her and her roommate were named. She did not know a Nicole, however she knew that was not an Japanese name; in fact, it might mean that her roommate could speak English. That was a plus right? Ann chuckled a little before sulking. Who was she kidding? She really wanted to room with Sayn. She seemed like a nice person and they already passed that awkward stage. They were already practically friends, right? Well, Ann knew she did not have the power to change anything. All she could do was hope for the best. Who knows, maybe this "Nichole" was the other American with the Elf Chronicles backpack. That would be the next best Outcome, at least for Ann.

Ann bow to Sayu and apologized for having to leave so soon. Then she picked up her stuff and walked over to the room assignments to find her room. Then she headed off to her room. The first thing she noticed was the bunk bed. This had to be the hardest choice she had to make all day, even harder then the decision to either harvest the little girls for power, or set them free and be gimped in EcoSpark. Top has privacy while bottom as conveniences. She walked away from the bed and saw to sets of VR gear on the desk.

Ann Picked up one helmet and studied it. She wondered what it would be like to play in a VR world. She was going to put it on but then she remembered the fact that she still did not know her roommate. She bit her lip and then looked back at the helmet. I will try it only for a minute, and when Nichole gets here i will take it off and properly introduce my self. With that, she put on the helmet

@Seeking Calliope

Leo's mind was ripped from his thoughts as the Professor started to speak, he hung onto every word, listening intently, though he did visibly stiffen at his name but no one gave him a side glance so he relaxed, waiting until the professor was done, he took a deep breath, "Drake Lasman" He repeated softly to himself, he swung the dufflebag over his shoulder and took a deep breath, taking the two heavier bags, he moved quickly out of the room, well... As quickly as he could without pushing or bullying his way forward, he found himself scowling at a few slower people before moving around them.

When he finally arrived in his room;, he turned the lights on and dumped all his stuff onto the bed with a grunt, his shoulder had started burning and it took effort to control his shaking hands as he opened the bag and pulled out his medicine, dumping three of the blue, sleek pills, he took them one at a time, dry with ease before tossing the pills back in, he felt the effects rather quickly, from the warmness that swept through his shoulder and he calmed himself down, though he felt anxiety about sharing his room with someone, it made him uncomfortable, he frowned slightly at the thought of interacting with his new room mate, he did note that his laptop and such would be worthless for the game, though he was eager to get into the game, Leo wondered if he should wait? He could imagine the scenarios and his breathing quickened, they were all shitty scenarios but it was making him feel even more nervous, you know? Fuck it, he was going in, he didn't want to deal with an anxiety attack, his eyes moved to the device on his pillow, it looked a bit intimidating but Leonardo sucked it up and grasped it, it was surprisingly light, it looked a lot heavier, but he was pleased that it felt pretty comfortable, not too heavy and it had padding on the inside for a comfortable fit. Moving his dufflebag to the end of his bed and laying down, he slipped it over his head, after a few moments of trying to figure out how to turn it on, he finally figured it out and was almost blinded from the white flash that overtook his vision as it turned on, he could feel the low buzz and the soft sound of the system starting up, it wasn't uncomfortable, but it was a bit foreign to Leo.

[fieldbox="RILUKA Gin, blue, solid"]
Gin wasn't too surprised by the shortness of the presentation. He looked at the rather skinny and nervous man. He honestly didn't look much and was surprised that he of all man created the most anticipated game of the decade. But he figured that he couldn't judge a book by it's cover. So, with a sigh, he was the first to stand up as he removed his ear buds and shoved them in his pocket. He looked at the people that were still sitting, or at least most of them, before exiting first. He was used to being a beta tester. He did a couple of beta testing in small game and another intermediary one. Ziradia online was probably one of the biggest game he was to beta test, but he wouldn't show his excitement because of his pride.

After walking for a bit and asking dude walking in the hall, he finally got to his room.
Gin's Expression (Not the faceclaim, unfortunatly.)
This place is pretty big and it's fresh. I kind of like it, honestly.

He thought to himself as he dropped his hiking bag to find the envelop which included the key card. He found the gold-ish card and finally passed it through the machine. The green light flashed, he slowly cracked open the door to end up opening his eyes so wide it looked like he saw someone getting killed.

'' Holy Shitsticks! "

he said impressed beyond compare. It was the first time that he was actually staying in something like a four star hotel. His room looked nothing like this and it was just so much better than he expected.

He grabbed his bag not budging his eyes from his bedroom and he immediately kicked the door behind before throwing his bag somewhere in there. He looked at the plasma TV that hanged from the wall, the windows that gave view to the incredible maze. The air smelled fresh, not like in the cities, and he just couldn't believe how clean and Classy all of this looked like. The style wasn't something he was used to. It was so modern and foreign to him. After all, he did live the majority of his life in the very traditional country side of Japan. When he moved to Tokyo, he barely could afford having a one and half apartment on the last floor of some building near the university in the poorer area.

The GEMU Headsets
Gin looked at the bunk beds craved in a light colored wood. He immediately claimed the second floor and started climbing the ladder to it. He barely could fit in it with his size, but he didn't care. He will sleep over someone just for the experience. He looked up at the carvings completely amazed before finally remembering that there was the GEMU tablet somewhere in the room.

He immediately jumped out of the bed trying to find that little treasure of his where he would spend most of his time on.

He saw it laying on the glass table in front of the TV and ran back to the bedroom to finally have some fun with the GEMU headset.
Despite his happiness, he didn't even smile but rather looked hurried as he grabbed the headset, laid down on his bed and without more interference, he plunged into this unexplored lands.

Summary: Gin was the first to exit the gathering. He ended up wandering the halls curiously before finally finding his room with the help of some guy. He was chocked and is in a very good mood. He just logged into the world.

Status: Open for interaction if you want to bother him, that is.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Nikki perched on the armrest of the chair that Drake had occupied. She thanked the wide-shouldered boy for the initial compliment, but was starting to get a "creeper" vibe when the Professor entered and began speaking.

She glanced at Drake, from the corner of her eye, and told herself that he was likely just awkward, then directed her attention back to Professor Nagata.

The Professor seemed smaller in person. A lot of her excitement came from the idea of working with Nagata. The man was a genius, after all, and she was well aware of his career. It didn't matter that nothing he said was all that impressive, at the moment, she still had butterflies exploding in her stomach.

She noted her roommate's name, and assumed it was the girl she hadn't met, yet - since she had caught Sayu's name a few moments earlier. She didn't know who Aimi was, so there was the chance that Nikki's roommate wasn't currently present.

With the professor's speech completed, Nikki pursed her lips, looked around the room, and then returned her attention to Drake. He was still going on about them rooming together.

"Yeah, that would've been difficult to accomplish in the first place," she said casually.

Her green eyes shifted to the part of the house she hadn't seen yet, and then in the direction the other housemates began to head.

"Think we missed our chance to explore," she said with an impish shrug. "You heard the professor, right? We can go play the game, now." A bright smile grew on her lips.

It had been the reason she had wanted to explore first.

She knew herself well enough to know that she was going to be learning the ins-and-outs of the game for the next ten hours, or more. The company was really wasting money with the posh manor. She doubted any gamer worth anything would truly enjoy it to its full potential. Gemu could've put them in a cheap, bug-free hotel and they wouldn't have complained.

She smiled at Drake and looked up at him, since he had decided to stand. She went over his offer to take her bags as she rose. "I left them by the front door. Didn't see the point in carrying them further than I needed to," she shared.

She led the way, and assumed Drake would follow, then slipped her her backpack over a shoulder and picked up one of her bags, before she toed the other. "Thanks," she said to the tall guy.

"So, do you go to school or anything?"

Just as Azrael was about to take out his small notepad from his right pocket, the Professor left him and began to give another speech. Some tears appeared on Azrael's eyes as he stood where he was with his notepad raised a bit. He sighed deeply and looked down, not really hearing anything the Professor was explaining. "I really wanted an autograph..." he thought and Saphira looked up at him, letting go a sad hoot. But, his depression didn't last for long. He suddenly lifted up his head and stood straight with a determined and serious expression. "Still, I won't give up that easily! I'll get you later, Nagata-sama!" He nodded quickly and a drop of sweat appeared behind Saphira's head as he looked at him with narrowed eyes, guessing what he was thinking.

Then, the horror fell on Azrael as Nagata mentioned the guy with whom he will share a room. It was as if he was struck with a lightning shot right on his chest. He began to feel dizzy and sweat nervously. He lowered a bit and breathe deeply, trying to calm down. The worst thing of all was that his roommate was that guy from before that really had a mean and kind of annoying attitude. He saw Gin on the bus and knew instantly he was the type of guy that thinks he's superior to anyone. "This crap won't be easy..." he thought as he slowly stood straight and began to walk out of the room and heading towards the hallway where the rooms were located. It took Azrael a couple of minutes to find the 4th Room. Knocking at the door three times, Azrael slowly opened the door and peeked his head inside.

His eyes widen with awe and his jaw slowly dropped as he saw the whole fancy and totally comfortable room. The place was more majestic than he expected. "For Jesus, Maria and Joseph... Look at this place, Saphira-chan...!" Azrael stepped inside and closed the door behind him by lightly kicking it. He scoffed and sighed with delight, walking towards the window that had an amazing view about the Japanese scenery. This room was definitely 100 better than his, that was for sure. He turned to his right and put Saphira's cage on top of a small tall wooden table. "Alright, Saphira, I'll be off for a couple of hours, okay? I'm logging into the game". Saphira hooted happily will looking up at him, like if telling him that it was alright. With a nod, Azrael turned around and walked towards the bunk bed and gasped as he saw Gin on the second floor, already logged into the game. "Crap, I didn't know he was already here..." he thought and just let it go and quickly laid on his bed. Once he felt all comfy, he picked the VR GEMU headset and put it on. With a sigh, he closed his eyes and relaxed.

"Game Start..."

As the UI started up on Ann's headset, a calming blue took over the screen and a message popped up, narrated by a woman's voice, informing her she would need to be laying down on her back before attempting to dive. The message was repeated in several common languages, then fell silent.

Leo's headset took only a moment to start up, then a pleasant female voice asked him to lay still while the technology registered his various sensory inputs and outputs. A few canned warnings (don't play for too long, be sure to dive only in a secure area, etc.) played, then the five discs indicating his senses turned green, one by one, and slid out of view.
"This headset is already calibrated to Ziradia Online. You will now connect to the game. To cancel this, please say 'Link Cancel'."
The voice paused, giving him a chance to speak, then returned.
"Welcome to Ziradia Online, and good luck!"
Leo's vision would fade to a dark blue, then lighter streaks would begin to fly past him, as if he were going into hyperspace. Then, all of a sudden, he was in a medium sized, wood paneled room, staring at himself in a full-length mirror. The sharp smell of spices was emanating from somewhere behind him, and all around him were racks of different clothes. Sunlight streamed through a window to Leo's left, illuminating the dust motes floating in the air.
A message appeared in simple script on the mirror.
"Welcome to the Ziradia Online Character Creation Centre. To adjust your features, simply tap on them on the mirror. To change your clothes, choose an outfit from the racks, bring up the item menu by swiping down, and select 'equip'. Once you have finished, walk out the door behind you."
The script would fade away once Leo touched the mirror.

Gin and Azreal's headsets would start up the same way as Leo's, leaving them in different copies of the room. All the clothes in the room were stat and buff free, so purely cosmetic.

@Unyielding @AWarriorcat @B l u E s @Shinku

Sayu perked up a bit in her seat when Ann apologized to her, almost forgetting the girl was sitting next to her. When one beta tester confronted professor Nagata and paused the upcoming speech, Sayu turned around and gave Ann a warm hearted smile “Oh no need to apologize Ann-chan, I was stretching myself out for a bit.” She started stretching out her arms behind her followed by a light laugh “It’s nice to hear your liking Japan so much already, I definitely recommend a trip to the beach before you leave” she added “plus I think its sweet you have a blog to write about all your gaming info.” She hadn’t realized how serious everyone was with gaming. They are all actual pros, they seem to have dedicated a lot for this, all Sayu has done was read magazines or play a round of a sim date game.

Honestly she has no clue why she was here, she obviously did not belong and was the only newbie here. I’m sure everyone including the professor was expecting high experienced gamers, while my dad just wanted me to be the dummy so the game can pass the beginner test that way he can rack up more people and money.She crossed her arms tightly and took in a deep breath so she can calm herself, then stared at sweaty host as he read out their assigned rooms and announce for them to get on the game within the next hour. She had immediately forgotten who her roommate was, but it didn’t bother her much because she had a new goal implanted in her mind.

When he finished his speech, Sayu stood right up and gave Ann a friendly goodbye wave before starting out the door. Dragging her suitcase behind her, Sayu didn’t stop to scope out the place at all, most of it looked the same as the interior design of her house. Her father probably choose the same architecture and designer to build this place. Once she finally got to her room number, she slid her card and pushed the door open to reveal a rather stylish room “Not bad” she murmured to herself once she stepped inside “Not as nice as my room of course, and it is a pity I’ve got to share it with someone else, but I’ll probably just be in here for sleeping and playing the game.”

That’s right the game.. I should get started on that right now and learn as much as I can right now, hmpf, I’ll prove them all wrong! I can definitely excel! She thought to herself then threw her suitcase at the corner where another whole pile of her luggage laid piled up. Daddy did good, it all arrived on time. She rested her hands on her hips as she scoped out the room, looking to find any game console she had to use to get started. Her eyes landed on the head gear that laid on the table then immediately walked over snatched it off the table “Now... how do I work this thing” she said to herself and studied the object closely. Atlas after trying it on in certain ways, she finally got it right. A slight smirk appeared on her face as she began knocking off her shoes, revealing her pink dumpling socks he had on. She flung herself onto the bottom bunk, her hair completely sprawled out across the bed as she stared at the head set intently “Let’s get down to business” she whispered then slipped the head piece over her head and it soon lit up, going through the basic start up.

doremi-love-live-wonderful-rush-ca5248c5-mkv_snapshot_02-27_2013-07-06_14-04-55.jpg

Last edited:
Gin looked at himself in the full length mirror. His clothes were loosely thrown over his rather skinny body and his skin as pale as milk. His hair were dark as charcoal, and thin. They felt smooth, but that didn't really matter. His eyes scanned himself and he simply closed them right after not exactly liking what he saw. He removed his glasses, and immediately changed the color of his skin to a much tanner one. He made his jaw much squarer then his before finally changing the color of his hair to a lighter brown. He then stared at his pitch black eyes and changed them to an emerald green that made his traits much less aggressive. He looked like some sexy Italian mobster and it made him chuckle a bit since it didn't go with his body. He obviously made himself look much buffer. But to be honest, it didn't really matter how he looked online cause it's not like anyone cared. He could be female and no one would give two shits.

Looking through the classes and items that came with them, he eventually settled with the gunner group simply cause he was always a priest or an archer in most game. He figured he would try something a bit more sci fi in a fantasy base rp. Plus, the gun looked kinda cool.

He had a red cape with some holes that came with it. He chose to have a simple dark blue long sleeve shirt with greyish brown pants. He didn't look as amazing as the knights and priests or even Assassins, but he looked kind of cool.

Looking to other options, he then had to choose his first profession. It was always the most troublesome of choices and he grumbled.

" Urg.... Why is there always so many choices, ''
he asked himself out loud as he started reading through a few ones.

" The Bounty Hunters are far from a homogeneous lot, " he started as he finally was reading the last of options. " They come from all races, No Shit, and affiliations and each pursues his quarry in his own unique way. Obviously....Some answer only to their own moral compass. Some work only on behalf of organizations they agree with, while others have no sense of loyalty."

he read before choosing that option kind of unsure of all the others. It seemed interesting and something new. So far so good. He didn't bother reading the rest assuming what it would say and finally finished with his character preferences and here came the most crucial of all parts.

The Name.

He paused there for a second wondering if he should put his usual username that carried a lot of history. There wasn't that many beta testers yet, and he was a bit nervous for people to find his new identity. He started typing another Username, but it didn't feel right.

He deleted every character as he started retyping his name telling himself that there was no point in giving himself anxiety for such a meaningless beta testing. All he had to do is do 1600 hours to get an amazing pay and manage to pay off the rest of his tuition.

He looked at everything, and everything seemed quite right. He did some minor changes on the shape of his nose and such before finally smiling as he looked at his new skin. He dropped the smile as he spoke to himself,

" Here goes another adventure. '' he said as he turned around confirming his changes and he stepped out of the wooden door as trumpets could be heard out of nowhere and a strong woman voice spoke with pride and honor.

" WELCOME TO ZIRADIA ONLINE, MAELSTORM"
[spoili]
MAELSTORM'S APPEARANCE
Graves_0.jpg
[/spoili]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.