Yuna x Ainya - Blossom, as life! (or, The Faerie & The Drifter)

darkmaster006

a faerie
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced

Day 1 - Meeting at the Day care (or, when a not-wannabe architect met a faerie for the first time!)

Ainya bid her mother and sister goodbye for the time being and went on to have a peaceful walk around the city. I mean, it’s not like she didn’t like looking at buildings! But... heck! Five minutes more and she’d have lost all knowledge, and have it replaced by all those niche terms that her mother and sister used and she still could not grasp. She was thinking that maybe that turbine-like PokeCenter wasn’t that bad… it was peculiar, if anything. And, man, was she glad to visit Johto again! But overall, maybe her dislike of architecture came from its rigidity, or at least Ainya’s perceived rigidity; more… artistic works of architecture appealed to her. Beside Ainya hopped a little tomato-like creature with two leaves popping out of its head: it was a Hoppip! Specifically, Ji, Ainya’s Hoppip, her companion since long ago. Thankfully, the wind wasn’t specially strong today, so Ji wasn’t going to be blown away by it easily. Hoppip are, in general, very light, and breezes tend to blow them away if they are not careful.

The trees were full of early buds and blooms. The Hoothoot stood haughtily on the branches, although some could be seen flying. The Ledyba flew around the trees in unison, and the Spinarak delighted in menacingly dancing around the trunks. And the wind blew lightly, and the Cherry Blossoms, the Plum Blossoms, all danced in the wind; Ainya’s unzipped denim blue jacket also danced in the wind, and blue trainers, red jeans and a white shirt with a punk-band’s logo plastered on it completed her simple outfit. She also carried a blue backpack with a Pokedex, some Pokeballs, her Walkman and some CDs, the first volume of ‘Basic Architectural Terms and Knowledge’ that her mother insisted she carry with her, and some sheets that had some messy lyrics she’d written on the plane towards Johto scribbled on them, among other stuff. She left her guitar at the hotel, something that she’d later regret. “You little roundy ball of happiness, c’mere!” said Ainya as she picked Ji up and started carrying her on her arms; since the breeze grew stronger, Ainya was careful, just in case. Ji’s little ‘pip, hoppip’ informed Ainya that Ji was happy to be held, and Ji just basked in her Trainer’s affection.

As if purposefully shying away from the center of the city, Ainya had been loosely ambling south of New Bark Town: the tall, glassy buildings gave way to concrete blocks which then gave way to quaint, old-style houses and little plots of land that showcased their berries, fruits and flowers for all to see. Ainya thought she saw a wild Chikorita on the ground, but it was so fast that she lost sight of it. When she lifted her eyes, they posed on a sign and she stopped to inspect it, it read: ‘Daily Care, 1 km ahead, free egg today!’ and around the text there were drawn leaves and flowers and Pokemon, it was a very lively sign. And, of course, Ainya couldn’t help but think that a free egg had to be the coolest thing she’d seen today and that why wouldn’t she go and check that out and hopefully get a new Poke-friend. “I wonder what sort of Pokemon we’re going to see today!” Then she thought, that maybe that ‘today’ wasn’t today but any other day except today, but still there was no way a Day Care could be more boring than looking at a half-turbine PokeCenter, and there was bound to be someone cool in there, apart from cool Pokemon, right? There seemed to be an abundance of Pineco in this area, so Ainya was careful not to hit any trees. A Sudowoodo followed her around for a while, and Yanma overflew atop the trees, while Sentret roamed around, stopping every now and then in their tails to inspect the territory. Before Ainya realised it, though, she’d gotten right to the entrance of the DayCare.

The wooden house had two big windows at each side of the door, and Ainya thought that should be the place where she could get her free egg, since it had a big poster above the door that indicated this was a DayCare and also mentioned the free egg. To the right and to the left, and behind the wooden house, stood many Pokemon playing around in the yard. Instinctively, Ainya’s hand smoothly ran across Ji’s leaves, and then she decided to enter the house.

What she didn’t expect to find, at all, was a girl her age behind the counter. She had long, beautiful green hair and green eyes. Ainya thought she could totally be, like, a faerie or something! “Ah, a pretty faerie!” You dense, dumb… why would you! As usual, Ainya's vocal cords worked faster than her mind. She coughed—a very noticeably fake cough—and talked to her again. “Uh, would you happen to be the one to deliver people a free egg?” She tried to make as if she’d never said anything, although the girl was already looking at her, and her eyes seemed to Ainya full of ‘hey, you’re a bother’, perhaps? Admittedly, she was probably on the wrong, she was never good at reading people’s emotions. “I saw your sign, it was super good and cute, did you make it?” she spoke fast now.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chaotic Moth
With a small hammer carefully balance in her hand, she took a step back to admire her handiwork. As she tilted her head so the crooked sign would be straight, she laughed to herself as she straightened it as needed. Taking a look back over her shoulder, she was greeted by a large wall of green from her mass of hair. Pushing it roughly out of the way, she scanned around for Budew. The horribly-attached Pokemon was happily sitting in the hood of her jacket. Upon Budew seeing that she was being acknowledged by her master, Budew sent off a bunch of happy trills, and squeaks. Yuna watched her, while trying to awkwardly reach around and pet her pokemon's head.

Letting the hammer fall to the ground with a soft thud, Yuna maneuvered Budew so that the young trainer could hold her in arms across her chest. Still merrily chirping and squeaking, Yuna sang a soft little tune to the small Pokemon. Forgetting about the hammer (as Yuna could be a bit of a space cadet sometimes), they made their way back to the Daily Care Daycare. Perhaps the name was a bit redundant. They seemed to do okay. With their daycare nestled right in between a Poke Centre, and New Bark Town, Yuna and her mother did good when it came to business. Though, traffic through Johto had been slow as of late - due to reasons not made aware to Yuna. And so, Yuna had proposed the Free Egg Day as a way to try and bring some trainers through. They had a recent brood of Espurr's that needed to go to good homes.

"Yunaaaaa, my love! Yuna!" Yuna's mother was calling from the daycare steps. Had Yuna been younger, perhaps she would have been embarrassed by this display of affection from her mother. Now, it only made her shake her green-haired head, and smile.

"Coming, I needed to hang the sign." The girl bounded up the front stairs, and opened the door with one hand, still holding to Budew. Inside were her other Pokemon that she had left behind for the few minutes she had been gone. Budew, however, next left her side. Budew simply refused to go back into her poke-ball. So, Budew was a permanent fixture on Yuna. Petilil had been that way as a freshly hatched egg, but as she had evolved into Lilligant, she had grown a bit more independent.

Flying, floating, and flopping over to her, came Vivillon, Flabebe, and Feebas. Holding out her free hand, Flabebe took the opportunity to fly over to Yuna and nest in her hair next to the flower above her ear.

"Mom, do you need any help with doing inventory on the eggs? I think we have given away two, so far today." Yuna held up two fingers and looked to the other eggs which were carefully nested in a box, surrounded by soft bedding.

"I think we are okay in that regard, why don't you man the counter, and I will go feed the Mareep's." Kona, her mother walked behind the red curtain, leaving Yuna and her Pokemon to stand watch. It wasn't but merely a minute, before the bell tolled on the door, signalling a customer entering their store. Yuna hadn't even so much as opened her mouth to welcome the customer, before hearing something about this girl calling her a faerie? Yuna, a faerie? Before she could even process it more, let alone who was even speaking to her, the girl asked about the eggs. Which, in turn, caused Yuna to spin into retail mode.

Walking from behind the counter, Budew trilled at the girl, signalling her liking the customer. It was a special honor for Budew to like someone. Yuna ignored the pokemon riding around in her hood for favor of paying attention to carefully grabbing the egg. With the Espurr egg carefully wrapped in a blanket, Yuna walked from behind the counter, and placed a smile on her face. The smile faltered a bit as she finally saw, and registered, who was speaking to her. The girl was most likely her age, and ... cute. Shaking her head slightly, retail mode was back on.

"Yes, I made the sign. I'm glad it brought you into our store this morning! I am so happy to present our Free Egg!" Holding it before her like a prized possession, Yuna let the girl make the decision to hold it or not. "It-it is an Espurr. Would you like to take it with you on your journeys?" Small beads of sweat were forming on the nape of her neck, though she was unsure why. Yuna looked at the customer's short hair, then her soft features. Looking back at the ground, she found that she was flustered and unsure of what to do next. "We have a lovely Poke Center, just down this route. Depending on which way you came, you should be able to rest and pokemon that you have with y-you." She was still looking at the ground, holding the egg. This customer was interesting indeed.

wrap

Attachments

• 1564796584168.png
    1564796584168.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: darkmaster006
64280622_474567983302224_1505419200210071869_n.jpg

To speak up or not to speak up. (or, how (not) to make a friend, ft. Ainya)

Ainya listened to the girl’s words as they unfolded in a rather comedic way. At first the girl spoke in a very mechanical way, but very soon she started to stutter, and even sweat. Her Budew had come out from behind the counter to greet Ainya, apparently, and Ainya thought that was cool and smiled at the Budew. A Feebas peeked out from behind the counter, while a Vivillon floated around the girl’s head and, to top it off, there was a Flabebe right next to one of the flowers in the girl’s head. So much that Ainya blushed lightly. She thought that the Pokemon she had were really fitting for a faerie like her, except maybe for that Feebas (certainly, Ainya didn't know what Feebas evolved into). Needless to say, Ainya was much too focused on the egg she was getting and on how faerie-like the girl was that she barely noticed her stuttering or her sweatiness, or rather, she didn’t pay attention to them. But she did notice that the girl was looking at the ground, and she wondered why, had her blurting out ‘faerie’ bothered her much? She really hoped not!

Ji still slept on Ainya’s arms. She lightly tapped her head to wake her up and then hopped her up on her head. Ji clinged to Ainya’s short hair. And then, before thinking anything through, of course, Ainya answered, “ah, I’m super super glad too,” it started out fine, but ended up becoming a mess of blurted out words that Ainya could no longer hold together, “I just hope I’m not a bother and, thank... you--are really cute… I mean, the egg looks so!” She wanted to say more, she was curious as to why the girl looked at the ground and not at her, she didn’t mean to make her mad…

She grabbed the egg and waved at the girl. Frankly, she didn't know what an Espurr was, but she didn't want to ask now. Ji hopped happily. Ainya walked towards the door, her thoughts convoluted. Is this gonna be it? Maybe we can be friends… It had been a while since Ainya had had a proper friend. Her band-mates had moved to other towns, she didn’t really get on well with people at the local school, and frankly she had been wanting to just leave all that behind and journey around the world. Her hand settled on the latch when a—admittedly—very wild thought entered her mind. And as soon as it entered her mind, so it was voiced: “Wanna go on a journey together?”

But then, her indecision and her self-consciousness took ahold of her, and since the girl didn’t seem to answer, she realised that, duh, how would she go on a journey with her, what a selfish, impossible thing, she was working at the Day Care and why would she go with a stranger on a journey and--“I’m sorry--I’ll be going now,” her cheeks turned a light pink color... she pushed the door open and dashed out of there.

Wahh. That was so daring. But I guess it’s fine now. I’ll come visit her sometime later when I’ve calmed down just to offer an apology and maybe bring her something.

Last edited:
  • Love
Yuna stood there, dumbfounded, as she watched the girl run out of the daycare. Had she said something? Was the Espurr not a Pokemon that she wanted? It was free for goodness sake! It-it surprised Yuna that the girl had run off like she did. Even after asking something as bold as the question that she had asked, Yuna would have given an answer! Flabebe floated contently in Yuna's hair; Budew was aware that something was amiss. Budew wriggled around in the her arms, as she pokemon indicated that she wanted down. Yuna, obliging, set the grass pokemon down, while looking over at Feebas with a strange look.

"Was it something I did, Feebas?" Yuna tilted her head, Flabebe went with her head motion, still holding to the flower. The water pokemon simply blubbed, and looked dumbly at Yuna. Sighing deeply, she wrung her hands together. Go on an adventure? A journey with someone she had just met? That was insane, surely! But... the girl had been very cute. Goodness, Yuna didn't even know her name!

Yuna went back to behind the counter, letting her mind spin with the past moments events. The daycare was her home, her livlihood. It wasn't as simple as packing a bag and just going. She needed her mother's permission, she needed to make sure that her mom would be able to handle things on her own! They had always run the daycare, the two of them.

Wiping down the counter with a rag, her mind was still on the girl. How attractive she was, and how much fun she must be having roaming around Johto, doing as she pleased. Truth be told, Yuna was jealous in those moments. As Yuna tended to some small things about the shop, her head was too wrapped up in thoughts of the quick stranger, that she hadn't noticed her precious Budew sneaking out the Poke-flap in the front door. Her attention was focused on a particularly tough medicine spot, though the faint sound of the flap in the door registered somewhere.

Snapping to, the rag fell to the ground as Yuna's head whipped around to see what was going on. Looking for her Pokemon, she found Feebas staring up at her (like normal), Vivillon was doing somersaults in the air, and Flabebe was whispering quietly to herself in Yuna's green hair. Though, where had Budew gone? For the past three years, Budew had been attached to Yuna's side - so where the hell was she? Panic setting in, Yuna put two-and-two together and ran for the door. Poor Flabebe barely holding on. The other two Pokemon followed in tow, not daring to let Yuna out of their sights.

At a brisk run, Yuna ran down the dirt road, while scanning the tall grass for the silhouette of her small Pokemon.

"Budew! Budewwwww!" Cupping her hands together, she called a few more times. Where could she have run off to? This wasn't like Budew!182735

Last edited:
2riJ9hA.jpg

Strew their feelings, Budew!

All Ainya had on her mind was the girl she’d met just now at the Daily Care Day Care—man, she’d have to ask next time about that name, so redundant--but, will she be there tomorrow? Maybe I should go back right now--although thinking back on it, it surely is a family-owned store and she’d surely be there tomorrow--yet still, how could I be so daring as to ask that girl that out of nowhere--and I called her a fairy! Had I asked her out, hell, it wouldn’t have been less embarrassing! People tended to say Ainya never gave a shit about what anyone thought about her… but this time--wah, she was so embarrassed her cheeks were still a little shade of pink. Only when she got out of the Day Care did she realise what an out-of-the-blue, terribly awkward question that had been. Normally, she wouldn’t care, but this time, with this girl, it was different.​
But, hey, looking for solutions was never one of Ainya’s fortes, so maybe just walking away as nonchalantly as possible would solve it all (it wouldn’t). But that certainly was the ‘decision’ that the turn of events seemed to have in mind for Ainya, who let herself got dragged by her own impulsiveness… twice, and--storming out of there! How rude! What the hell was I thinking, gods! I mean, yeah, that was bold, but it was equally bold, meaning STUPID, to just waltz out of there--heck, maybe I should go back NOW. And she turned back. But then she turned back again. And again. And then again. The egg on her hands must’ve been very confused by all the coming and going.​
Not many people were passing by the dirt road. Ji chirped happily trying to cheer Ainya up, playing with her hair and all. But Ainya didn’t pay any heed to her at all. She was much too focused on her own thoughts and failures to notice. As Ainya ambled, slowly, reluctantly, Ji noticed the Day Care sign that had brought them there. She pulled on Ainya’s hair to get her to notice it. “’Tis a super pretty sign, Ji! Maybe I should go back, is that what you’re saying?” But she couldn’t finish her circular thought process--something started pulling on her leg. She looked down: it was a Budew! But why would a Budew pull on her leg? Ainya remembered the Budew greeting her at the Day Care: I’m sure this is it. “This is it, Ji! I mean, this Budew is the faerie’s Budew,” Ji hopped down from Ainya’s head and, travelling through Ainya’s back to the ground, inspected the Budew closely. Budew was pulling on Ainya’s red jeans with force. Ainya was about to set the egg on the ground to touch the Budew, but suddenly the Budew let go and started to run back to where Ainya and Ji had come from… did she want them to follow her? Of course, and Ainya did! What if faerie-girl is in trouble? “We've got to follow her, Ji!”
And on they went, back towards the Day Care, all part of Budew’s scheme. It was not long before they got near the Day Care. And Ainya heard a voice calling out to Budew. It was the girl’s voice! Budew hopped in her place, and then jumped up to Ainya’s shoulder.
Ainya looked at the girl for a moment. Ainya was taller than her. The girl was wearing a casual outfit that combined shades of brown and definitely fit the girl and her grass green hair perfectly, Ainya thought. Totally different from Ainya's eclectic blue jacket, white punk shirt and red jeans outfit, for sure. Promptly, Ainya walked slowly towards the girl and placed the egg on the ground. Ji held the egg in place. “Uhm, uh,” Ainya fiddled with her hair--come on, get your act together! “I found your Budew and I’m sorry for barging out of the DayCare but I thought, I mean I’m also sorry for asking that out of the blue and I know you can’t do it but I just blurted it out of nowhere because I thought you were really cool and that it'd be really cool but then I saw you sweating and stuttering so I thought well maybe I'm making her uncomfortable and so I had to go, and that's that, yeah,” Now that couldn't sound more pathetic, Ainya: if her sister were here, she'd recognise Ainya's speaking a mile away: being incredibly frank, speaking her thoughts in dismembered sentences, scattering her thoughts around, saying more than was needed, yep, that was Ainya all right.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Yuna hadn't even thought twice as she had launched out of the Daycare. She needed to find Budew, that was all she knew. No other thoughts would be able to process around in her head until her best friend was back in her arms (or glommed onto her in some uncomfortable fashion). Standing at a cresting hill, with a nice overlook, she yelled for Budew.

"Budewwww!" Cupping her hands around her mouth, she hoped to carry the voice into the wind. Hoping that her little friend would find her way back. "Budew!" This was so unlike her! Budew wasn't the type to just up and walk away. She never had before, why was this time any different!

Wringing her hands together, she walked down the hill, while wringing her hands nervously. Flabebe softly cooed in Yuna's ear, which helped to calm the girl a bit. A sudden thought came over Yuna, perhaps Budew went back to Daily Care? Perhaps she was back sitting on the welcome desk, just like normal. Yuna took off into a sprint, winding herself in the process from the apparent lack of exercise.

Back at the Day Care door, Yuna had her hand on the doorknob to open it, when she felt something heavy weighing down her shoulder all of sudden. Looking on her side, Budew was sitting there happily purring at her master.

"Budew!" Yuna ripped the Pokemon from her shoulder and smothered her into her breast, unsure of whether to scold or praise Budew. Though, something else out of the corner of her eye preoccupied Yuna from further contest.

"You..." was all that Yuna could manage, for the girl who had been in her Day Care minutes ago was off into a tirade. Blinking, and trying to process that past moments events, Yuna did her best to listen. It appeared that the girl was as scattered as Yuna was, herself. Hearing her explanation of why she had ran out was helpful, but Yuna needed to know who she was even talking to!

"it-it's okay. Do you want to come inside? We can talk in there in my room? By the way, I'm Yuna. What's your name?" Clasping her hands in front of her, a gentle smile was in place and she awaited an answer. Goodness this girl was cute.
1572479144067.png

Last edited:
  • Sweet
Reactions: darkmaster006
To the fairie's room!
Ainya's eyes opened wide. "Eh? To your room?" That Budew had been of great help for Ainya in tackling her indecision. It seemed that, after all, she did have a chance... at going with her on an adventure; at getting to know her better. Ainya was happy: she got a new chance to talk, she got a good look at her smile, her gestures. Now, she felt like nothing could go wrong, and her initial instant perplexion gave way to confidence. Oh, and she got to know her name. Yuna, it's such a cute name, I've never heard it before. "Yuna... such a cute name! It's the first time I hear of it!" Ainya exclaimed enthusiastically. Then, she picked up her egg. Ji was atop the egg and then jumped onto Ainya's head, as if it were a nest.

"I'm glad I found Budew, or that she found me, I guess?" she patted the Budew's head and smirked. She had an air of gracefulness to her now. "Oh! And I'm Ainya. This buddie up here is my friend, Ji!" She said as the two headed inside side by side.

Yuna held the door, allowing the girl to step all the way in, before closing it softly. The bell, tolling it's closure. As her introduction to the Hoppip atop her head, Yuna smiled to the pink Pokemon, hoping that the Poke would let her pet her later. It was always a treat to meet a new potential Pokemon friend.

"Well, Ainya, I'm pleased to meet you, Ainya." Yuna said her name twice, by accident. It was an interesting name indeed, one that felt curious upon the tongue. "Thank you for finding Budew." To show her happiness, Yuna buried her face into the leafy greens of Budew's head. A peaceful gaze fell upon her face as she breathed in the earthy sent of her Pokemon.

Setting him back to her shoulder, she set towards the stairs of the Daycare, located to the side of the desk.

"My room is up this way, if you are still interested." Bouncing on the balls of her feet, she wobbled back and forth, nervously. She'd never had anyone up to her room before, let alone another female! "My name means 'dark water', by the way. I was born next to a river at night. I guess that's why they chose such a strange name." Lifting her shoulders slightly to show her opinion, she looked at Ainya. "You have a pretty name as well."

original.png

1572480783749.png

On names and rooms

Ji chirped happily at the girl's smile. She also hopped in Ainya's head, almost falling off. Ainya noticed and held her in place. "I'm super glad to meet you too, Yuna!" Ainya noticed Yuna had mentioned her name two times... maybe she was getting used to how to pronounce it? It was quite the unusual name, after all. "Ah," she laughed nervously, "it's more like she found me," Ainya said, passing her hand through her hair. Then she saw that Yuna was burying her face into Budew's leaves... it was too cute, too cute! "So cute," she murmured unconsciously.

"Of course I am!" Ji regretted not being able to see Ainya's expressions right now, they sure would have been something novel. But she understood this would, hopefully, be a regular thing from now on. They went up the stairs until the door to Yuna's room. "Ah, that's super cool... I actually don't know what my name means—people always say it's a strange name—but I'm super glad you think that!" Ainya blushed a little but kept her composure.

"Shall we go in? I want to see how different it is from my own room," Ainya said excitedly. Ji, meanwhile, tried to reach Yuna's Budew with her green leaves, trying to make some contact with the Budew to show friendliness.

Last edited:
To her room, they went. It was nothing special, in regards to bedroom's. Yuna figured it was pretty typical of a Johto teenager. At the door's threshold, the young trainer noticed Ainya's hand going for Budew. Her instincts told her to protect, Budew but she quickly got the sense that this girl was no one she needed to worry about. It would be up to Budew and her own choices whether or not she wanted to be pet. Truth is, not even Yuna's own mother could near the Poke without Budew starting to almost cry.

Bu, Yuna's nickname for Budew, let Ainya's hand come daringly close. Not quite close enough for a full pet, but Ainya would be able to feel the soft fuzzy leaves that came from her head. If she paid close enough attention, the red and blue markings on the inside of the leaves would be able to be seen. Bu, deciding that was enough for now, hopped down from Yuna's grasp and toddled over to the Poke's bed, which sat next to a desk. Yuna, turning to Ainya, had a curious look about her.

"Bu, let's no one touch her. I'm so proud of her!" There was a slight twinkle in her eyes. "But, uh, anyways this is my room. Please feel free to make yourself comfortable. Please, excuse my mess." She rubbed her sage hair, in slight embarrassment, at the mounds of clothing in the corner, and some thrown Pokemon Monthly Trainer's Guide's that had been stacked to almost waist height in another corner. "We can talk here without any customer's interrupting." She smiled, but then realized her wording. "Ah, not that customers interrupt! I love our customers and this town. It's just, that, you know, they would want help, or to pick up their Pokemon, and uh. Talking, we are. Yes." Smooth Yuna.

1590763740948.png

UDxEfm1.png

The first thing Ainya did was reach for Budew to pet her, a sign of gratitude for having brought the two of them together. Had it not been for her, Ainya wondered endlessly what she'd be doing now. She was really happy, yet she still harboured doubts, what if Yuna had let her into her room only to decline her 'travelling together' offer... that couldn't be, right? Could it be? It couldn't! Ainya mentally assured herself. I am not failing now! If I can turn this day into the best day ever, then I will! Of course... that's if Yuna wants to... but I have high hopes!
Trying to reach Budew, though, would prove to be a harder task than she had originally thought. As things stood, Budew only let her caress her for a moment, she couldn't even pat her, it seemed like Budew had accepted her but then also refused her at the same time, at the same time! How was that possible! Ainya immediately looked at Yuna when she started speaking, in a really enthusiastic way. It seemed that Budew only let Yuna touch her... so maybe the fact that she let me caress her slightly is actually a good sign? Maybe other people can't even get near Bu. I wonder if it is like that! But Yuna quickly changed topics, seemingly a embarrassed at her blurting out of words of praise for her Budew, Bu. It seemed that she was also embarrassed by her mess of a room... luckily, Ainya had no trouble with that. In fact, she was even more of a mess: half-scribbled notes laying everywhere, shirts strewn across chairs, band and architecture magazines in piles and all places you looked for, and all that was the tip of the iceberg... it was actually her that would need to clean up her room in case Yuna ever visited.​
"Don't worry about that at all! My room's even more messy," she laughed, "so it's fine, really!!" She looked around the room, it definitely gave off an earthy nature-ish feeling she couldn't quite describe. I mean, this is where Yuna, a.k.a the Fairie, and her Pokemon hung out so that was only to be expected, right?​
"Ah, I get what you mean! Can't see the forest for the trees and all that, mhm, mhm!" If we're being honest, that idiom probably doesn't really relate to the situation at hand, but that just goes to show what a mess Ainya too was, even if she attempted to appear smooth. She wouldn't realise this until later, where she'd be embarrassed for a while and probably just blurt out to Yuna how dumb that was or something. "Yes, talking..." Ainya pondered for a moment... now how do I get this conversation going? A deep silence fell upon the room for a moment that seemed like an eternity for Ainya, it seemed to her as if she was looking for clues on how to continue a game or something, or rather, as if she was looking for the next chord to continue the song, and she needed something fast! Thankfully, the 'Pokemon Monthly Trainer Guides', while not useful for their original purpose, had actually fulfilled a better purpose. She'd bought some of these too, and that gave her a common theme and also a conversation starter and the important data that Yuna actually wanted to be a Pokemon Trainer, else why would she have those magazines? "Ah! I know!" she exclaimed. Then calmed down. "Ehem, I mean, so, uhm... I also bought those magazines you've got over there," she pointed to them, "because I wanted to embark on my own journey, right? Could it be that you also want to... and if so... would you--embark on it with me!?" Ainya tried to somehow hide the blush that was beginning to form on her face, but probably to no avail. She only hoped Yuna was as distracted and embarrassed as her so that she wouldn't notice too much.​

187-00.png

Last edited:
There was the question, so plain of a question, but so backed with meaning and intent. Blinking, Yuna let her eyes focus. She thought over what she had just heard, making sure to process it and be positive she had heard correctly. Her, travel? Together? As friends? Companions? She found that a small smile was spreading across her pale face. It was something that she had thought about during her panicked search for Bu, as she was sure that Ainya had mentioned it downstairs. If, at least, not by accident.

"Travel. Together. Embark." These spoken words were more for Yuna, so she could get a feel for them across her tongue. Did she have the heart of a trainer, or someone who could drop everything and go travel? There were so many towns she wanted to see, in truth. Unova, Sinnoh, Kanto! The list went on. Perhaps she could even be persuaded to go to Alola and visit the beaches. Looking to the girl in her room, Yuna nodded her head once, ready to make a decision.

"There is much to consider on my end in regards to traveling. Perhaps my mother would be okay handling the store on her own. In truth, our customer flow has dwindled harshly over the years. People flock to different regions, tired of our plain area. Not that I can blame them. I came up with the free egg to try in drive in some business. We have only given away four eggs." A queer look came over Yuna's face, somewhere between sadness and confusion. "I'll need to tidy up some loose ends, and see if it is okay to travel, and warn Feebas..." A dark look came over her face as she worried about her simpleton fish Pokemon. Shaking her head, and pumping her fist in to the air, "Let's get working on a game plan."

Yuna made her way over to the large stack of magazines, and picked one at random. Time for some light reading, and some plan to get under foot. She wanted this to work. It could perhaps be her only time to travel. The Daycare was her future, but this was now.

1593030890158.png

Uneasiness took ahold of Ainya's whole being for a moment. It was a very long moment, drawn out by Yuna's pondering. And Ainya couldn't get but get anxious, of course, since Yuna's answers would decide if she'd be able to travel the world with Yuna or not, and Yuna seemed really cool and she wanted to get to know her, she needed to get to know her, she was very cute and she seemed so nice and her Pokemon were also super nice and she kept wondering what the future had stored for them, or rather, what future they'd forge for themselves if they went on this journey together. Her thoughts even drifted into romantic territory, and she was unable to halt that train of thought, she wanted to but... her mind never stopped thinking and she was never able to control her own desires and not even what she spoke... her sister always laughed when Ainya spoke without tact or regards to anything, as a free spirit.

She caught a glimpse of Yuna's smile, which made her smile in turn. And then, she mumbled some words and nodded. And Ainya felt really happy, was that a yes? Is that a yes?! Excitedness took ahold of Ainya now. But Yuna went on, reciting out some of the troubles she would have if she had to leave, and she would, but her expression also displayed a tint of sadness, and Ainya didn't know why it was, but luckily, Yuna was resolute. And afterwards she pumped her fist up into the air and energetically decided they had to start working on a plan.

She wanted to say something reassuring about the store and the eggs and Feebas and whatnot, but she wasn't able to, she didn't know what to say and she thought it better not to meddle into that, luckily refraining herself from saying anything that might get the situation at hand to be... tense. "Sure thing, Yuna!" She'd probably start saying her name a lot of times, it was catchy and she loved it if she had to be honest, and when she liked people she tended to pronounce their names... quite a few times.

Yuna grabbed one of the magazines in the big pile she had at the corner of the room. Ainya made the motions to get her guitar from her back but... OF COURSE! I DIDN'T BRING IT AT ALL! What an idiot, and here I could've really shown off my guitar talents... she sighed. And then she thought, as Yuna looked around the room, if maybe she should leave and get her things from the hotel and grab what she needed and that maybe they should set a time for meeting and so on, unless Yuna wanted Ainya to help, although she was not sure how much help she could bring to the table. "So, uhm, should I go get my things and we could uh meet at like twelve for lunch or something and see where we go first--I'm actually staying at a hotel since I'm from Celestic Town and we came here with my mom and my sister to check out some architecture and stuff, so I gotta grab my things and all that stuff, but I can stay if you need help sorting things up," she said, rushingly, and I forgot my guitar like an idiot, "so, uh, yeah, that," she flashed a light smile and waited for Yuna's answer, hoping she hadn't outed herself as total mess.