Yugioh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Lady B
*Checks age difference*

Yup, you're 5 years older.
You had the resources at that time to pull such a scam.
I was still in the early grades where teachers yelled at you for operating a computer mouse.
Hah, resources. It was nice paper from home and a printer in a middle school library. "Research" I used to call it.\

And yes, @Minibit , because we were kids and those cards were REALLY rare to begin with. If you had the cards no one wanted to mess with you.

I was one of those kids. Lords I was a cunning snot.

Pretty sure I had one deck that was nearly 100 cards too. Most of it consisted of high defense monsters and trap or magic cards that burned through mine and my opponents deck. Draw lots of cards, make you discard a whole hand, wipe out the field, etc. Wasn't sure if there was a limit to deck size so no one could argue it being anything but dirty and underhanded, but effective.

I use to play Yu-Gi-Oh all the motherfuckin time! Then I got pissed off about something and threw my deck at school and all the cards scattered. I had a holographic Blue Eyes White Dragon card too...I wonder how much that is even worth now and who ever the fuck has it >:[

I still have my Red Eyes Black Dragon. Literally the only card I kept, because when I was a kid, I thought Red Eyes was cooler ><

EDIT: It probably wasn't worth much, as I didn't think having a Holographic card was really that special. It was bent and in poor condition, so probably worth next to nothing! I don't feel so bad anymore.

Hah, resources. It was nice paper from home and a printer in a middle school library. "Research" I used to call it.\
More resources than 3rd Graders got at my school.
Like I said "Yelled at you for using a computer mouse".

And yes, @Minibit , because we were kids and those cards were REALLY rare to begin with. If you had the cards no one wanted to mess with you.

I was one of those kids. Lords I was a cunning snot.

Pretty sure I had one deck that was nearly 100 cards too. Most of it consisted of high defense monsters and trap or magic cards that burned through mine and my opponents deck. Draw lots of cards, make you discard a whole hand, wipe out the field, etc. Wasn't sure if there was a limit to deck size so no one could argue it being anything but dirty and underhanded, but effective.
Yeah, but with the advent of eBay, it's pretty easy to get the cards and the supporting search/draw combos to get them out, which broke what was once a pretty cool and balanced strategy. I like the idea of exodia, but it doesn't surprise me that it wound up banned with how the game evolved.

AriatheMelodiousDiva-JP-Anime-AV-NC-2.png

Reactions: K3l
blackwing deck.
The fatal flaw of Blackwing is that they are required to special summon. Any deck can beat them really, but back row is going to be your friend if you aren't going to play anything such as Vanitys that can stop special summons. Back row in most decks against Blackwing is probably your saving grace. Royal Oppression, Trap Dustshoot, Mind Crush, and Bottomless Trap Hole = Hell for Blackwing players. If you can stop special summons, whether that be with monsters or traps/spells, Blackwing can't really do anything then it's game at that point.

Blackwing also swarms allot, it's a very fast deck. But it does require a normal summon before the swarming can start, so interrupting that normal summon can secure you from swarming for that turn. And if he does pull a swarm off, make sure to have Torrential Tribute and Dark Hole at the ready to clear that out ;)

I was thinking about creating a Harpy Ladies deck! What cards should I try to hunt down?
Harpies are my favorite, but sadly I haven't updated my deck in a long time so I don't know how the new Harpies play against other decks. But Harpy cards the usually worked for me and saved my ass a few times:

Elegant Egotist. I normally save this to pull out my Harpie Lady Sisters (As it's the only way to summon this case) to get some good damage, but this card can also summon other Harpie Ladies so it really just depends on how you play. I carry one, but having two in your deck might be safe.

Due to being limited to about three Harpie Ladies, I go with:

Cyber Harpie Lady - The ATK is really what I have it for

Harpie Lady 1 - All Wind monsters gain 300 ATK. It's best to pull this out when there are other wind monsters on the field, and having it in combination with Harpies' Hunting Ground is good for boosting your wind monsters. In total that's five hundred extra ATK for wind monsters, plus an additional 200 DEF.

Harpie Lady 3 - Whether in ATK or DEF, if destroyed by battle then your opponent cannot attack for two turns. It really gives you time for planning, or for setting up the field. Plus if your opponent see the effect then they'll be more hesitant to attack, take advantage of that. Hell, if you need the time, force them to attack the card.

Edit: Messed up on Harpie Lady 3, it's just that one monster that battles it that can't attack, not all monsters in general. Nonetheless, your opponent would still be hesitant to attack her.

Back to other shit:

Harpie Lady Phoenix Formation...just read the effect. Though, just don't expect to do much the turn you activate the card.

Birdface - When destroyed by battle you can add a Harpie from your graveyard to your hand. I usually only put this card down when I need a Harpie, but it does have 1600 ATK, so...You can work with that.

You can also throw in a Cyber shield, maybe a Aero Nail or two. Up to you really.

I also throw in a Windrose just in case I'm getting reKt and can't really do much. Five wind monsters needed in the graveyard, and when special summoned destroys all opponent traps and spells? Plus 2800 ATK? I'dunno, I say it's a deal. But this guy is usually a last resort for me.

Extra Deck:

Harpie's pet Phantasmal Dragon.

Stardust Dragon (Plus the trap, Starlight road), but I'm not sure how that'd play against Blackwing.

Black rose dragon.

But you can also look here, like @Poetic Justice originally suggested, for a good Harpie deck set up. I really just gave you what worked for me, but nonetheless I hope I helped in some way. If not, then...oh :(

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Exodia, God, I didn't know what it was but it got so many people pissed off back in 2nd grade.

Exodia, God, I didn't know what it was but it got so many people pissed off back in 2nd grade.
It still gets people pissed when they see someone play an Exodia deck. Mostly because the deck is just made out of cards that allows the player to get cards from their hand, up until they get Exodia cards. While those sort of decks are rather easy to beat due to lack of monsters in said deck, it's still pretty annoying.

Oh yeah, the chained up guy.
I can completely see why it would annoy people.
I think that's what made me stop playing all together, everyone started getting that forbidden deck ¬.¬

Understandable reason, haha. Luckily I don't see it around much anymore, and wish I won't ever again.

I used to run an Undead deck! Zombies, ghosts, vampires, and mummies all around! It was tons of fun, especially when you beat those guys who used the stereotypical dragon or spellcaster decks with it.

• Love
Reactions: K3l and Windsong
Undead decks are hella fun.

An undead deck is what I've been running, but it just gets eaten through too fast and I don't have the best cards for it. (I <3 pyramid turtle)

But, anywho. My boyfriend runs stardust and black rose with his Blackwings. Can you negate the effect of stardust with another stardust?

Can you negate the effect of stardust with another stardust?
Stardust's effect negates effects that would destroy cards, then Stardust's effect destroys that card. It destroys that card, therefore it meets the requirement for another Stardust to negate it.

There is no real ruling on how negating a Stardust with a Stardust works, but that's my logic up there :p

Alright, just wasn't sure if you could chain it like that or not. Should be interesting to see how it works out.

Good luck, kick his ass! x)

That's what I wanna do lol.

By the way I play with a Macro Deck, so if anyone wants to hit me up on Duel Network or some other means (If you have another means of playing card games online, please, please share!! DN is the worst sometimes), PM me!

Status
Not open for further replies.