Yugioh rp anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tamagi

Original poster
It's been a while. I want to start rping again with a fandom rp. I want to do a yugioh rp. Who's with me?

I don't think I've seen a yugioh-based RP on here before... I'd be willing to do one, though, the actual duels could be interesting. I thought about using duelingnetwork.com to do duels then have players write down a summary of the interesting moments, and using cards like Happy Lover and Skull Servant to substitute for any custom cards players might have. Yugico.com's card creator could be used to detail those. I imagine custom cards would be allowed, because I feel otherwise people's decks will generally just be whatever is the current meta.

I thought about making up cards as well. I also wanted to make a new type of summoning, but that would take time to do.

There's already so many kinds of summoning... I probably couldn't handle another one. Pendulum still confuses me :P I'm gon take this opportunity to make some new cards. Course, they'll probably involve some new kind of summoning, but it'll be disguised as normal effect monsters :P

yeah I still don't understand pendulum yet. we can do without it if you want?

Nah i can probably work it out. Lets see what other people think first. I'm gonna make a new monster type, if that's OK. Also, there are two kinds of people. Those who like Yugioh abridged, and those who have not seen Yugioh Abridged. Which are you? I'll probably end up making references to it so... Im also guessing that it'll be set a little after the appropriate series takes place, either (new one) or zexal, if we decide on no pendulum.

I've come up with a new form of summoning. I call it phase shift fusion. It's a lot to it but not to confuse (I hope). When it comes to the abridged yugioh, I've seen it but I plan on making an epic story so I won't be making references.

Phase Shift Fusion

Phase Monsters: There will be 2 types of monsters. There are A monsters and B monsters, we call them phase monsters (like how tuner monsters are called tuner monsters). A and B phase monsters have A or B symbols on it to show what phase it is, showing that it is a phase A or B monster.

Phase Shift Summon: You can only phase shift summon with an A and B Phase monster together. Both have to be on the field. The Phase Shift (Phase Shift Fusion) monster can only be summoned by A and B phase monsters whose levels combine equal the Phase Shift Monster. It's almost like xyz combined with synchro monsters. So here is an example of Phase Shift Summoning.

Sion: I normal summon the A Phase level 4 monster in attack mode! I activate a spell card that lets me summon a phase B monster in defense mode! So I special summon a Phase B monster in face up defense mode. I have a A and B Phase monster on the field. I activate the power of the Phase Shift Fusion network to combine my monsters together to create the level 8 Phase Shift Monster from the extra deck in attack mode!

Phase Shift Monsters: When you Phase Shift Summon a monster, the monsters that were used to summon that monster become overlays. Phase Shift Monsters have two different stats (attk and def) and effects. When a Phase Shift Monster is summoned you have to choose to start at either A phase or B phase. When you choose a Phase, the overlay monster with that same phase is sent to the graveyard. Like mentioned before, a Phase Shift monster has 2 different types of stats (attk and def). Whichever Phase you choose when the monster was summoned, that monster gets the attack and defense of that phase along with the effect of the phase it is in.

Phase Shift: When a Phase Shift monster uses it's phase effect (the phase you chose when you summoned it) it changes it's phase to the opposite phase at the end of the turn. You also have to sent the opposite phase overlay to the graveyard. Also when the monster changes it's phase it takes on the attack, defense, and effect of the other phase. For instance, you have a phase shift monster with 2200 attk, 1800 def, and is in Phase A. When you use it's phase A effect it changes to Phase B at the end of the turn. That monster now has 2500 attk, 1500 def, and now has it's Phase B effect instead of its Phase A.

Phase Shift Over shift: This is one of the weaknesses of Phase Shift Monsters. When a Phase Shift Monster uses all of its Phase Overlays it can use Over shift. Before I explain over shift, I will explain that when a Phase Shift monster has used all of it's overlays it can't use any of it's effects and it's attk and def will remain at the last phase it was in before it used up its Phase Overlays. Over shift will allow you to choose which phase you want your Phase Shift Monster to change into. When you do this you are able to us that phase effect during that turn. If you do this the monster is destroyed at the end of the turn the effect was used.

A benefit to Phase Summon: When a Phase shift monster is sent to the graveyard you can revive it by Phase Shift summon it from the graveyard. All you need to do is do the normal phase shift method but instead of summoning from the extra deck you summon from the graveyard. You cannot phase shift Summon the monster if it is removed from play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems interesting. But you were wrong about it being not confusing :P. Some clarification required: First, do the 2 monsters have to have levels that add to that of the summoned monster or both have the same level, like with XYZ? Second: well, this one's probably easier to illustrate.

So, I have my A monster, lets say it's this:

"Generic A monster" LIGHT
Level 4
2000 ATK 1000 DEF
Effect: "Once only, you may pay 1000 life points to destroy 1 monster on the field."

And I have my B monster:

"Generic B monster" EARTH
Level 4
1800 ATK 1200 DEF
Effect: "By paying 500 life points, destroy 1 spell or trap card on the field"

And I phase summon my Phase monster

"Generic Phase Monster" DARK
Level/Rank 4
? ATK ? DEF
Effect: ---

I summon it in A phase, so it's then got only B as a material.

Level/Rank 4
2000 ATK 1000 DEF
Effect: "Once only, you may pay 1000 life points to destroy 1 monster on the field."

I activate it's effect and destroy my opponent's Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon.

I then have to have it switch to B form, and it has no materials at all

Level/Rank 4
1800 ATK 1200 DEF
Effect: "By paying 500 life points, destroy 1 spell or trap card on the field"

Now, heres where the problem arises. Now that I've activated the effect, does it remain as a 1800 ATK 1200 DEF monster, or default to 0/0?
Also, does it keep it's B effect to use again or does it lose that but not the ATK and DEF boost? Also, is the ATK and DEF classed as a boost or does it class as Original ATK/DEF?

I now Overphase it, choosing A

It becomes

Level/Rank 4
2000 ATK 1000 DEF

again.
I can use it's effect once more right?

Sorry for my effect writing, i've been making a lot of MTG cards recently so my terminology may be incorrect.
Also, do the phase monsters go in the extra or main deck?

The problem I see with Phase summoning is that it stops the player from having that one awesome signature card, like Yusei's Stardust Dragon, because no matter how awesome the phase summoned monster, its still only as powerful as a level 4 or 7 or whatever.

For reference, I was thinking of implementing a variation of ritual summoning called "Manifest summoning". The monsters summoned are a new kind of monster, like Synchro and XYZ, called Aetherial. Aetherial monsters are shuffled into the normal deck. you summon them by sending 1 spell card from your hand or field to the grave, as well as monsters whose total levels are equal to or greater than the Aetherial monster's level. The aetherial monsters have their own effects, ATK, DEF etc, but also gain the effect of the spell card sent. If the spell's effect is continuous, like the field spell "Yami" then the effect will be permanent, so all spellcasters and fiends gain 200 ATk and DEF. If the spell's effect is temporary, such as Spell Shattering Arrow, then it becomes a "Once per turn" effect. IE for spell shattering arrow it would be "Once per turn, you may destroy all spell cards your opponent controls and inflict 500 damage to their life points for each". Difficulty arises when using things like Swords of Revealing Light, which destroy themselves after 3 turns, as it means that the Aetherial monster would be destroyed after the 3 turns are up. The catch to these otherwise OP monsters is that you may only control 1 Aetherial monster at a time, so no one can spam stuff.

The Phase Shift Monsters (Phase Shift Fusion Monster) go in the extra deck. Also when you Phase shift summon, the Phase Shift monster's level has to add up to the two materials, so when you phase shift fusion your monster, the monster created from the fusion has to total the number of levels of the phase monsters. So if you phase shift summon using a level 3 Phase A monster and a level 4 Phase B monster you get a level 7 Phase shift monster. Also the Phase Shift monster has all new effects. Did I miss anything?

Oh and yeah when you use all of your overlays and you choose to use over shift you can choose 1 of the 2 phase effects to use. Also whichever phase you choose during this, your monster's attk and def changes to that phase. If you do the monster is destroyed at the end of the turn, if it is still on the field that is. If you remove it from play before the end of the turn and the card that you use to do that lets you bring the monster back then the destruction wouldn't happen because it counts it as a revive and it technically wasn't on the field, but when it comes back it still doesn't have any overlays. You would be able to use over shift again but unless you can remove it from play again it will be destroy at the end phase.

When you run out of overlays your monster's attk and def stays the same as the phase that you last used. Also when you run out of overlays you can't use any effects. The only way you can do this is by using over shift, but doing this will destroy your monster at the end phase.

Also there will be cards that support phase monsters like spell cards that retrieve an A or B phase overlay, or card that pay life points to get both phase A and B monsters. Also I wasn't planning on revealing it but there will be Phase C also. This summon requires Phase A, B, and C to summon an Advance Phase Shift monster.

Think you can explain Manifest summoning more for me. Does the spell card need to be a special card? The monsters that you use for the tribute need to be in the hand, field, both, or either?

OK that all makes sense then.
The spell card is any spell card, but special ones with specific effects are used for some of them, for example, the signature card requires a specific spell card, but can gain the effect of other spell cards. The monsters can be from either the field or the hand, but as there can only be one on the field at the time, and you can't offer an Aetherial monster from the field, then it's a tricky balance.

Here's the current prototype signature. I'm gon test it out a bit and see if its balanced first. if I cant balance them after like 5 tries I'll just give up and use crystal beasts :D
Zv1BhIV.png

The effect, if its too small to read:
This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be Manifest summoned by the spell card "Perfection". Once per turn, you may select a spell card in your graveyard.This card gains the effect of that spell card. If the spell card did not have a continuous effect, that effect is treated as a "once per turn" effect. If you wish to select another spell card while this card has already selected 2, you must deselect one of the current spells first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.